Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Breaking News

Aired Monday 10:00 PM May 31, 2007 on NBC

• This one is great compared to the cow manure they gave us last week.

Gee, what a difference, all the stars are back in an episode and it is so much better. It had moments of West Wing style of drama and writing but too little too late. This show had so much potential but I do not think it had the right concept from the first episode. I saw the pilot on line before it was shown on the tube and without a music soundtrack it was mediocre. Just by adding the music and other assorted background noises it brought the show to life.
    I am sad to see it go, as it was one of the few non Law and Order shows I watch on NBC, and I do not watch them all that often anymore.
    NBC seems to be more interested in making money with gimmicky game shows than good TV. In my opinion who won what money or answered the right question last night does not have the staying power or a good drama, comedy or dramedy. I liked some of the one liners last night, but the show itself could have been better. I think that it failed for a few reasons, one was the cast just did not click as well as West Wing, ER and some of the other large cast shows, there was always something missing.
    Now what will happen is CBS will pick it up, do a minor rework and it will be a hit, we can only hope.