DVD Release!!!!! Info, Release Date, Cover Art and Retail Price

kravitzfan12

[1]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 34

It definately goes down for a win for the fans of the canceled show "Studio Sixty". Warner Brothers Home Video has announced that they will release the first and only season of "Studio Sixty". The release date is scheduled for October 16th, for the retail price of $59.98. The set will include the 22 episodes from the series on 6 discs. head over to this link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7558to read the article for yourselves and take a look at the small and preliminary cover art work.

Congrats to all the fans!! Remember... the release date is not yet confirmed, neither is the cover art... keep checking www.tvshowsondvd.com for more info, as I will try to keep you posted.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lovemj

[2]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    Uh, yeah, when the studio says it's coming out on October 16, that's pretty much a confirmation. They might change it, but it's not exactly a rumor.

Tru_Slayer

[3]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 51
    I can't wait to listen to the commentaries.

jo_idnew

[4]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 15
    Umm, question about the cover art...

Danny's an alcoholic and a drug addict, he didn't even have booze in his office for Jack when he was trying to convince Simon to apologize in the next to the last eppy. So what's that drink on the table in front of him? It's not in a champagne glass like Jordan's or (I presume Cal's) beverage, it's not a whisky tumble like Simon is holding or a wineglass like Matt's. It looks like a weird little pilsner, so what's he drinking, near beer? Even that has some alcohol in it. I don't think he would be able to drink it and still be 'on the wagon'.

Kalah_

[5]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    Ginger ale? Non-alcoholic champagne/white wine? Soda? The opportunities are endless.

gtc1978

[6]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'd be surprsied if there are any "extras" on the DVD set. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be a no-frills release due to its cancellation.

OhBones

[7]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 18

jo_idnew wrote:
    Umm, question about the cover art... Danny's an alcoholic and a drug addict, he didn't even have booze in his office for Jack when he was trying to convince Simon to apologize in the next to the last eppy. So what's that drink on the table in front of him? It's not in a champagne glass like Jordan's or (I presume Cal's) beverage, it's not a whisky tumble like Simon is holding or a wineglass like Matt's. It looks like a weird little pilsner, so what's he drinking, near beer? Even that has some alcohol in it. I don't think he would be able to drink it and still be 'on the wagon'.

There is like three drinks on the table, and yeah, he is a drunk and an addict, but this is supposed to be (I am pretty sure) one of the after parties, anyone could have left that there so it is not necessarilly Danny's, and the important thing is, he doesn't have it in his hand!

OhBones

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    Oh, and thanks for the info!!

Klarax

[9]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

It definately goes down for a win for the fans of the canceled show "Studio Sixty". Warner Brothers Home Video has announced that they will release the first and only season of "Studio Sixty". The release date is scheduled for October 16th, for the retail price of $59.98. The set will include the 22 episodes from the series on 6 discs. head over to this link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7558to read the article for yourselves and take a look at the small and preliminary cover art work.

Congrats to all the fans!! Remember... the release date is not yet confirmed, neither is the cover art... keep checking www.tvshowsondvd.com for more info, as I will try to keep you posted.

you say that warner said "they will release the first and only season of studio sixty."

the actual cancellation of the show has not been confirmed, and it doesn't even say so on the webpage you gave either. so in effect you were wonrg for saying so....

osustudent06

[10]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    Klarax wrote:
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

you say that warner said "they will release the first and only season of studio sixty."

the actual cancellation of the show has not been confirmed, and it doesn't even say so on the webpage you gave either. so in effect you were wonrg for saying so....

Reilly replies that "Studio 60" received "a mixed response," even within NBC. Showrunner Aaron Sorkin "was doing the show he wanted to do. ... It just kind of felt like that show had kind of run its course. ... I have no regrets."
    http://defamer.com/hollywood/parumph.d/saying-goodbye-to-studio-60-260407.php

It's over. I wish it wasn't. It's not coming back.

Also, there's this article on Sorkin "taking blame"
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-goldstein17jul17,1,6310193.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews&track=crosspromo

Klarax

[11]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 2

yeah, thats all very good, but until NBC actually confirms it as "Cancelled" then its not over.

After all Family guy was pretty much dead until people bought the DvD's..

downbeat423

[12]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    Amazon.com's page for the pre-order syas the commentary is only on the Pilot episode

jkxbox360

[13]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 15
    Can't wait, it comes out this week!

friendfan13

[14]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    bought it

kanniballl

[15]Nov 15, 2007

What about an HD version, either BluRay or HD-DVD?

I don't want to buy it twice.