Kate Harper + Jordan McDeere

ebroyr2

[1]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 10

Does anyone else see the similarities between Jordan's characteristics and traits and that of Kate Harper from the West Wing?  Thinking specifically of the scene in 102 The Cold Open when discussing the affiliate pulling the show beacuse of 'Crazy Christians'.  It's maybe just me.  Sorkin wasn't involved in the West Wing when the character of Kate Harper was introduced, so are there writters who worked on the post-sorkin era of the West Wing now writting on Studio 60?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diogo22

[2]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 15
    I don't agree at all. to this day I'm not sure exactly what the character of Kate Harper was doing in that show, and more importantly why did she was there. she must have been there what, 3 years? and it seemed like she came in and out, and if she wasn't there, it wouldn't have made any difference at all, apart from that silly relationship with Will.

ebroyr2

[3]Nov 9, 2006
    I'm not saying anything about the character of Jordan and her importance to the development and plot of the show at all. Clearly she is one of the most important characters in Studio 60 and Kate was merely a secondary character in the West Wing. I'm talking about the character or Jordan's characteristics, and more specifically the way she expresses herself and her style of conversation. When I watched the aforementioned scene in 102 the cold open I could definately see an air of Kate Harper in Jordan!

Diogo22

[4]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 15
    oh I see... I don't know if that has as much to do with developing a character that is similar, or the different actresses reading both parts in a similar way. and, to add to that, the character of Kate harper was created after Sorkin left the series, and so, there's not even a question of bringing a similar character to a different show. it might be the actresses reading of the parts

ebroyr2

[5]Nov 9, 2006
    I know Kate was post Sorkin seen as she didn't appear until season 5, said that in my original post. It may not have been the clearest, have a tendancy to ramble. Sorry. Just an observation, and wondered if any of the writers from that season on the West Wing had come to Studio 60. It might have explained why in that scene I saw the likenesses because everyone has a style of writing that is distinctly there's. It may be that the same writer was involved in that scene, and also for some/most of Kate's scenes in the West Wing.