Kristin Chenowerth on S60

SWERJ321

[1]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 19

Okay, we all know the Matt-Harriet thing is obviously based on Sorkin's relationship with Kristin Chenowerth. So how does she feel about the show?

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1162464730201&call_pageid=970599109774

Pretty good article that says a lot about Sorkin's mentality.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SWERJ321

[2]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 19

To add to this, just read a SPOILER that an upcoming ep will have Harriet debating whether or not to do a sexy lingere spread in a men's mag...just like Kristen's bikini spread in FHM a while ago.

Aaron....I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this: Let. It. Go.

osustudent06

[3]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 5
    I just don't know about this. If I wasn't on this forum, I wouldn't know about it. I would think this was a pretty good storyline. Whether it happened or not, if Sorkin did not think it would make for good tv, he wouldn't write it. I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes!

cctcdancer22

[4]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 16
    Aww I love Kristin!!! And if Sorkin thinks their relationship makes good television, then I'm happy with it being on the show.

pandasplatter05

[5]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 9
    You dont speak for me. Writing is all about personal experience. If his personal experiences make for a good tv show, then why not let him use it?

jasobres

[6]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 28
    I'm a big fan of Kristin but I HATE it when people spell her name wrong. It's K-R-I-S-T-I-N C-H-E-N-O-W-E-T-H.

cookaberry

[7]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    I have nothing but the hugest respect for Kristin, I find her beliefs about religion amazing, it takes a lot of guts to be able to say that. And as much as I adore Aaron Sorkin, and I completely respect taking experiences from ones own life for inspiration, if what Kristin says is true, I have to feel really sorry for her. No one deserves that kind of almost humiliation...

tjaman

[8]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 32
    I don't believe she's being portrayed with anything but the utmost respect.

numb3rschick

[9]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 7
    I adore her and I think it's great that Sorkin uses her as he does. I completely respect her and her choices.

Diogo22

[10]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 15
    having the utmost respect for her and her choices, I can't help notice that she tries to distance herself from the harriet character, and at times seems cold about the subject, or perhaps it was the writter of the article who makes it seem that way. the fact is, being portrayed like she is, is really a great honor, not only because harriet is a great character, but because she's really the purest feminine character on the show, and the most "out there", if you compare her positions with other hollywood standards. and yet, as different as she is, her points and beliefs come across clear as hell, and she isn't affraid of taking some slack for being just a little bit different. that's a wonderfull character, and if that indeed is based on Kristin it just makes me love her even more. and as for Sorkin using her, every writter uses people and arguments from his or her own life, this one just happens to be in the public eye, and is being used right now to dig some dirt, where really there isn't any.

jasobres

[11]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 28
    The only difference between Harriet Hayes and Kristin is that Kristin actually SUPPORTS gay rights. So had that encounter with a homosexual fan ever have happened to Kristin, things would have turned out VERY, VERY differently.

Acovell

[12]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    I don't think Harriet's character doesn't support gay rights.  The whole point was that only half of what she had to say appeared in print.  Matt tried to tell her that it didn't matter what she really thought or really meant -- that she was going to get flak for it because people were going to take it at face value, and that's what happened.  I think Harriet's a lovely character, and I also think that if Kristin Chenoweth thought she could date a television writer without their relationship (and every other relationship he's ever had) becoming fodder for his television show, she's more than a little naive.