Tom's brother

tdakoo

[1]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    So I didn't get the thing about Tom's brother.  So Tom was speeding to the military base to see his brother before he was deployed?  But is his brother still alive?  I had an argument about this with my friends who also watch the show, they say that it is implied that Tom's brother had died, but in the episode when Tom's parents visited it seems like the brother was still alive.  Consensus?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebroyr2

[2]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    Alive. He was going to see him before he went on his third tour in Afghanistan. Judge was just saying that he was playing Russian Roulette with his life now he was on multiple tours. That's the reason why Tom was emotional, doesn't know if his brother will survive this time.

jo_idnew

[3]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    He's alive. The longer you spend in a war zone, the more likely you are to die. Your friends probably thought it was implied that he was dead because the judge said something like, "You didn't tell us why you were speeding because you didn't want your little brother's last act on earth to get getting you out of a speeding ticket." That wasn't meant to say he was dead, but that at any moment he could be killed. Tom wouldn't use his brother as an excuse because he had no idea if his brother would have the chance to do some other good act after he got out of the speeding ticket.