When can we expect to see Judd Hirsh back on Studio 60?

max2002

[1]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    I thought the Wes Mendel character was just brilliant and I can't wait to see more of him, get to undrstand what happened between Matt, Danny, Wes and Jack four years before and what went through his mind on the evening he "hijacked the show". I really hope they pick that storyline up again; the pilot was just excellent from that point of view.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frenzy175

[2]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    I Highly doubt we will ever see him again.
    He was only there to give the opening to introduce Matt and Danny.
    As for what happened four years ago i thought that had been pretty much all explained by now so dont see a reason to go back.

max2002

[3]Nov 14, 2006

Well, I realise that they could leave it at that as they have given us enough information to move on, I just hope they'll be making a flashback-episode like the one on the West Wing where they show how the different caracters got together etc. We'll just have to wait and see.

Synetech

[4]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 22
    The problem is that they kept advertising the show with him in the trailers. They made it appear as though he was part of the show and even used his name in some spots (eg "with blah, blah, Judd Hirsch, blah, and blah").

If you want to see Judd you could always watch Numb3rs.

max2002

[5]Nov 15, 2006
    That's an idea, I might look into Numb3rs sooner or later. - Why I thought "Wes" was missing was also because in Sorkin's previous series there were Bratlet/Leo and Isaac Jaffe holding a sort of father figure within the show; speaking words of wisdom, giving lectures, sharing their past, dealing with getting older. Maybe Sorkin has just gotten over his need to portray a father figure?
    Edited on 11/15/2006 11:43pm

SWERJ321

[6]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 19
    There have been rumors that Sorkin could do a flashback ep showing exactly what went down that caused Matt and Danny to leave. It's persumable that Wes could reappear. Still, only rumored, although it would be interesting to see the show dynamics back then.