Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

K & R (1)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 07, 2007 on NBC

• I sure will miss this show...

So what's going on?
    The show is cancelled - and all of the sudden, the episodes are only getting better?

The episode took place right after the ending of the last one - Jordan is rushed to the hospital, and Tom's getting the news of his kidnapped brother.

"Studio 60", over-all, usually avoided political issues - there were some religious, racious and even social conflicts - and this was the first one to address a political issue. (I think the reason they avoided political issues so far, was because of the "oh-so-requested-West-Wing-comparison").

I liked the was the show presented how the press dealt with Tom's brother being held captive - 3 guys were abducted - but only one is getting coverage by the media. A pretty good reflection of the media in our world today.
    Also, I must praise Nathan Corddry for one hack of an acting job for the last two episodes. (Lucy was really missing in this episode).

The Jordan-Danny storyline: I felt that it was a sort of "filler" storyline - but it doesn't really matter as long as Amanda Peet was on :).

I really liked the going-on argument between Matt and Harriet, representing in a small, but very intersting way, the public debate on some of the political/religous/social issues that's going on today, and have been going on for the last 8 years (only in this situation, of course).

I know I've been praising the show a lot- I know it won't do any good - but this show, this cast and this whole production deserves it.