Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 22, 2007 on NBC

• I realize it was part one of 3, but a whole hour to set up the next episode?

I have to be honest, I watched the Studio 60 marathon on Sunday, and it made me practically salivate in anticipation of the return of the show on Monday night. After sitting through the hour of "Monday - 1", I must admit that I felt wanting. The momentum that the show had built up to and including the Christmas Episode had completely vanished. Now, I realize that it was the first of a three-story arc, but I'm puzzled as to the purpose of using the whole hour to set up 3 major story-lines. 1) Jordan and Danny, which is quickly becoming tiresome. 2) Matt, Harriet and the whole auction thing, which was very funny, but seemed to only serve as comic relief for the rest of the show rather than being a poignant story-line. 3) the Board vs. JAckl and Mr. White over the FCC issue, which could have some depth to it if it doesn't become a quasi-political soapbox rally. If it took the whole hour for the set up, will the next episode solely be the apex of the arc, and the third episode solely the wrap-up? Overall, I was rather disappointed with this ouoting, expecially after a month-long hiatus. I was hoping for more.