Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Nevada Day (1)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 06, 2006 on NBC

• A cast member of Studio 60 gets arrested. Why you ask? A look in the past will tell us.

I was pretty excited about this episode for two reasons

1. John Goodman in a guest role.

2. I wondered if they try to change the show to avoid cancellation.

What can I say… I didn't get disappointed. John Goodman played his role as the crumby judge, who was called off his fishing trip nearly perfect. I hope he gets more screen time in the next episode. And the discussion about CSI Miami… How dope was that?

But what really stricken me again was the fine line the shows walks between comedy and drama and this episode really tipped it off. Studio 60 is a drama show with some funny moments in it and that's the bottom line. The only thing that annoyed me a little was the little Chinese girl. I don't know what the next episode will bring for her but right now she looked pretty useless to me. The character development was also pretty good. Was it just me or does Matt really looked pretty messed up? He is definitely overworked. Take it slow man. The only thing I couldn’t understand was why Harriet acted so p*ssed when Mat confronted her with her statement. It's not his fault and what should he say? "Very good. You angered some gay folks but who cares?"

Overall, I can't wait to see the next episode and I really hope NBC is sticking to the show.