Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Nevada Day (1)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 06, 2006 on NBC

• Now this is what I like to see!

I thought that this episode of Studio 60 was absolutely great! The story telling was done Tarantino-style, so that it wasn't linear, and means that viewers have to pay attention. Who are these people? What's going on? The story was doled out in bits and pieces, out of order. That was a good thing.

And the story itself was great. Just a comedy of errors, really. Everything that could possibly go wrong for Tom, did go wrong. Wrong coat. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong judge, wrong everything. It just spiraled down and down for him, but we know there's light at the end of the tunnel. There's still more to come in Part II, and I'm curious to know why Tom was speeding as he drove through Parrump. That's going to come out, I know, and we'll learn a little more about Tom. We know lots about Danny and Matt and Harriet... so it's good that we're learning about some of the other characters. The addition of the Chinese investor and his daughter makes the whole thing funnier, in a totally surreal way.

This is just a great episode so far, and I'm really looking forward to part II!