Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Nevada Day (1)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 06, 2006 on NBC

• Raises questions, and not as funny as usual.

It was said in 106 - The Wrap Party that "the writing was one unbearably long set up for a jingle" and I just hope that this isn't the case with this double header storyline. This episode seems to be a massive build up for the next part and beyond. Will they get back? What will happen to Tom? What will happen to Jordan? and why was Tom speeding? Obviously the story is essential to character development, but this episode wasn't as entertaining as the rest of the season thus far. The only comedy flowed from Simon. He was hilarious, and Danny and Jordan bounced off of him a few times with some good line. The rest of the cast failed to bring much humour. Tom was a major disappointment seen as the story evolved around him, I can't see how he is a main part of a major comedy sketch show. To be fair, he was under arrest, but people always go to their strengths when they're uncomfortable and under pressure, so he sould have been funny.
    Part 2 has to be amazing to make up for part 1's inability to move things along or to be witty. I may be holding this storyline to very high standards after seeing the West Wing's "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen", "20 Hours in America" and "Inaguration", but as Jordan said, "I set the bar high.... Clear it!" I hope part 2 brings this storyline to a level we all expect from Sorkin!