Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Nevada Day (2)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 13, 2006 on NBC

• Amazingly well written and goes to show how this show is special.

I've liked this series since I saw the pilot at the beginning of the season. This is the first episode review I've written and I have to first state that although I very much enjoy this show, I am not blind to its detriments. Saying that, this episode really showed me how well written the dialogue in this show is. The parlay between characters has never been better, as can easily be seen in the final conversation between Matt and Harriet. Just listening to it being played out made me smile as it was so sweet, yet at the same time had the light comedic hook that required an exact amount of timing to pull it off right and in this scene it was perfect. The character development in this episode was also pivotal and lays out some great groundwork for the rest of the series. We see just how tough Jordan's job is, yet at the same time we see just how un-alone she is. Jack's defence of his company and Jordan is also a special moment as we have not seen a tirade that good since the pilot. Even the little scenes showing the return of Danny and Simon show just how good they are at what they do and how much they respect their co-stars, respectively. Now onto the things that bothered me slightly. The reconciliation of Tom's conflict was a little too quick and clean and seemed almost anti-climactic for the way that the situation was being drawn out. (although I must mention that John Goodman was outstanding in the part). I thought that the chinese were also slightly too laid back. The response to Jack's little camera accident was almost non-existant and the repercussions seemed to be negligent, which in real life probably would not be the case without a little bit of groveling.

Nevertheless,the little hints that are dropped in this episode are definitely great food for thought for the viewer that loves to speculate about the future, and oh what an interesting future it should be.