Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Nevada Day (2)

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 13, 2006 on NBC

• A good episode.

The second half wasn't quite as good, or as exciting, as the first half, but it was still an excellent episode. The questions raised, the issued hinted at, in the first part were finally answered, such as just why Tom was speeding while driving through Pahrump. But we all knew that we'd get the answer to that question.

And really, we all knew that Tom would be let go, with no major damage done. At least, I knew that... The one thing that I find interesting is the blow up at the end, when the Macau investor says that Jordon has brought shame on the company, and Jack blows up. Then the daughter has the conversation... and says that she mis-translated. I thought it was obvious that that was a lie. It was obvious to me, at least. Of course the father said exactly what the daughter first translated. There was no mistake; saying that was simply his way of saving face, and being able to continue to do business with NBS. The fact that he put the blame on his daughter... well, that's what dutiful children are for, isn't it? So I was surprised to see a blurb in the episode guide explaining that there'd been no mistake... like I said, I knew that, and I don't speak Chinese at all.

Ah, well...