Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Pilot

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 18, 2006 on NBC

• If NBC has been in a slump in the past few years, then Studio 60 looks to be a resounding step in the right direction.

The pilot episode of Studio 60 was just another fantastic example of the talented team of Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme. The on-screen pair of Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford personify the the writer director team that is Sorkin-Schlamme. From the very begining, the show echoed much of the things that made The West Wing great. The lead in to the opening drew me in right away, and being a huge West Wing fan, I had become accustomed to Sorkin's writing style. Because of this, while watching the opening teaser for Studio 60, I half expected the West Wing openning credits to roll. The cast is terrific, full of querky characters, and an interesting back story that is only hinted at in the pilot, which left me wanting to know more about them. The relationships, and wet the apitite while not seeming like there is a lot of baggage to bog down the characters. Right from the start, Steven Webber does a great job of getting the viewer to not like him, and from the little interaction that there was, Matthew Perry looks to be perfect to play his foil.

If NBC has been in a slump in the past few years, then Studio 60 looks to be a resounding step in the right direction. I think that this show deffinitly lives up to the hype, and that it has deffinite potential. I'm not sure if it will replace West Wing as my all time favorite show, but as I said before, it deffinitly has potential.