Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Pilot

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 18, 2006 on NBC

• I hate to give a 10 to a Pilot because you have nowhere to go…but come on, it’s Aaron Sorkin

The composer (Aaron Sorkin) has scored his music, the maestro (Tomas Schlamme) has raised his baton and the orchestra played beautify. Aaron and Tom should have their own network. I think TV has finally found it's "Brightness Knob" and turn it up to 11. And Steven Webber is back on Series Television "Hurrah" Are you getting where I'm going here…Yes I loved the Pilot.

Aaron and Tom even managed to resurrect a little of Sports Night with the Control room scenes and Felicity Huffman as a walk on, wonderful. Not to say this is a revamp of that show or West Wing but defiantly Aaron doing what he does best, setting a stage, bringing out the characters (in all their dimensions) and telling a great, interesting, and compelling story.

I was so looking forward to this Pilot, and surprisingly, without much fear I expected mild to moderate greatness, and was shocked to find real greatness. Amanda Peet played to her strength of directness, and fearlessness and what a face (Ahhh.) Steven Webber as an antagonist? what a great idea. Timothy Busfield, always a great choice as the every man with an edge. Even the choice of the Cast within a Cast for the mock show, with D.L. Hughley, Sarah Paulson and Nathan Corddry, very funny people, they could actually make the Studio 60 sketches as scenes with these people. Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford, what else can I say but great chemistry right out of the gate, funny and serious, I think both of them will really get to stretch their talent with these characters.

They entire cast looks right through the camera and right in your eyes and are instantly believable. No, much to my enjoyment, Josh, Chandler, Danny/Elliot, Brian, Alice, Layla and Darryl did not show up for this Pilot, only great performance from what I’m sure will become another great and memorable ensemble cast.

Thank you Aaron and Tom…I’m so excited…:)

P.S. Now all we have to do is get Joss Whedon of his butt to start writing again. Do ya hear me Joss? Do Ya, Come on, I Dare ya…;)