Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Pilot

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 18, 2006 on NBC

• This looks like a shining example of what to expect from the show as it progresses. But that may not be such a great thing.

Although I enjoyed the pilot of this very promising show, I didn't instantly fall in love with it. There were some obvious problems that can easily be smoothed out by the 1st season's end. I'll just separate it into pros and cons:

Pros:
    -- The first 5 minutes of the show. Wow. Definitely one of the most intense scenes I've ever seen on TV.

-- A superb cast is what will definitely keep this show going strong.

-- A very fast-paced look at what it takes to survive in the business.

-- The characters are all pretty creative. I really enjoyed them all.

Now the bad part of the review! ;D

Cons:
    -- The show seemed a little too fast paced for my liking. It wasn't like missing an episode of LOST where you're scratching your head at the end of the season thinking, "Where'd that came from?".

-- It seemed that the comedy in the show was pretty subtle. It was non-existent in most scenes but it was still there. I was thoroughly convinced that this show was a comedy...until I saw the 1st episode.

-- The writing was smart and witty but when it was revealed that Matt (or maybe Danny, I'm not too sure) was using drugs, there wasn't enough drama. It felt a tad bit impersonal with each character's internal conflict.

-- Referring back to my last con, Matthew Perry seemed to get most of the glory in the show. The other actors have the potential to be brilliant, but it felt too focused upon the "ex-Friend".

Well there's my review. In summary, since I'm guessing you're too lazy to read all of that^, the show has a lot of potential to become a legend of our time, but for now it looks like they're still gonna have to work out the kinks.