Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Christmas Show

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2006 on NBC

• Matt and Harriet, Danny and Jordan, Jack and Wilson, man there are a lot of Christmas miracles happening on this episode. Matt does not need mistletoe to kiss Harriet, Danny puts his heart out on his sleeve for Jordan to see, and Jack gets reassurance.

A lot is happening in this episode, but the surprise was Danny's acknowledgement of his feelings to a pregant Jordan with a face full of food. I did not see it coming so early. Matt's jealousy gets the better of him as he snatches a kiss from Harriet, without mistletoe to my recollection, but he does not need any excuses anyways. And Jack almost resigns because of the FCC but gets backing from Wilson White.

This show lives up to its high standard of comedy, and those quick lines keep me laughing profusely. I found this episode to be as good if not better than the first episode because of its straightforward scenes and witty banter between characters whose closeness can be seen from their open bickering and humorous oneliners. The Christmas season brings the prospect of friends and family, the possiblity of spending time together as opposed to apart. I got a sense of that from this esisode. Matt and Danny sum it up quite nicely: Matt: "We do live here now." Danny: "Merry Christmas." Matt: "Merry Christmas."