Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Christmas Show

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2006 on NBC

• I guess I am really in the minority on this one.

I thought this was one of the weakest episodes so far. Don\'t get me wrong... I am the BIGGEST fan of this show and watch religiously every Monday. But this episode felt... contrived. To me. It felt like an episode that was written for people who don\'t like this show. The banter was okay. As a non-believer I was not offended at all by the anti-Christmas talk around the office... but it just felt forced to me. The Nazi-Santa... Was that funny to someone? I don\'t know. I guess I have just seen that \"nazi-salute\" gag done a few hundred times.

My biggest complaint of the show was Jack Rudolphs character. Suddenly... out of the blue he is going to fight the good fight? There is NO WAY (based on what we have seen of this character so far) that he would roll up his sleeves and resign over ethical conflicts. This guy is all business. I didn\'t buy it for a second.

The best part of the episode (in my opinion) was the end. I thought that Danny\'s romantic venting was touching. Although I thought that it was way out of left field, too. I mean. They could have used the previous episodes to lead us into it ... a little maybe. Between Danny\'s newfound emotions and Jack\'s newfound moral center, I felt like maybe I missed an episode or two. I think it was just convenience on the part of the writer (s).

Don\'t know... maybe I am asking too much. I still love the show... I will just be hoping the rest of the episodes don\'t leave me feeling like this one did. A 10 out of 10 show.
    A 6 out of 10 episode.