Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Christmas Show

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2006 on NBC

• This episode dealt with several issues, including FCC restrictions and the use of New Orleans musicians.

This show epitomizes everything good about TV. Aaron Sorkin was gone too long and was sorely missed. Hopefully, network producers and executives saw this episode and maybe will fight for the right things on TV, instead of bowing down under threat of censorship. But, as a resident of Louisiana, it was especially satisfying to see Louisiana musicians included, reminding everyone that while Louisiana has come along in rebounding from the 2 major hurricanes we suffered just over a year ago, people still need to be reminded of what has to be done. When we have a President who couldn't even mention us in his State of the Union address, while concentrating on a war which no one except him believes we should be in or that American lives should still be sacrificed for his own personal views, it's a long road and Aaron Sorkin did a masterful job of reminding America of what needs to be taken care of. I hope Mr. Sorkin will be around for awhile because TV truly needs people of his talent and foresight, to keep fighting the battles that need to be fought, and who refuse to step down or give in.