Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Cold Open

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 25, 2006 on NBC

• This is a wonderful show with the heart and soul of The West Wing. This is truly MUST SEE TV!

I can't think of anything bad to say about this episode. As many of you know from reading my other reviews, I will tear into an episode. I loved every minute and didn't find too many moments where my attention drifted. It left me with renewed energy and an interest in the show.

I loved the walk and talks, how characters play off each other, the developing conflicts, etc. I loved how the show is willing to discuss standing up to those many people fear. Remember “we have nothing to fear but fear itself.” The 20% coward fee is priceless. I can't wait till the episode next week.

The episode sparked my imagination in an impossible way. It would be cool if there was a real comedy show on the weekends that followed the shows discussed on this series. I found myself wanting to see the episode they were planning. Think about it! An entire comedy show done as an opera / musical show.

As I said, my imagination in this case isn't possible. After all we have Saturday Night Live a tired old show, oops, maybe. Well anyway, maybe a skit about Studio 60 replacing SNL or from a different perspective a skit about a SNL make-over. On the other hand, a SNL show all in song would be very cool to watch - especially to Gilbert and Sullivan (though not necessarily).