Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Friday Night Slaughter

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 12, 2007 on NBC

• Amazing episode!

I absolutely loved the episode which is a very dark one. It provided everything I was hoping for. First of all we got to see more of how the actual show is run, how they chose the sketches which make it on the air etc. The contrast between how things were seven years ago and how they are now (especially the reduced writers staff …) was interesting. So cute when Danny talked to Jordan’s stomach about how he is always right! I would have liked to see Matt and Danny together in the flashback-scenes though!
    What impressed me most about this episode was Matthew Perrys acting which was brilliant! I really suffered with his character and it was painful to watch him go down the wrong path. Nonetheless I have to admit that Matt Albies drug habit came a bit all of the sudden for me. Did he already take pills before the „break up“ with Harriet or did he just start taking them after their fight? Another thing I was wondering about is that the singer knew at once that Matt was high but Danny didn’t realize it? And if he did why wouldn’t he confront him with it? But those are just peanuts … it was an amazing episode and for me it comes right after „The Christmas Show“ which is my favourite so far!