Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The West Coast Delay

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 09, 2006 on NBC

• I liked the twist at the end.

I think for all the people who were crying "We need more character development," we got it in this episode. There was a ton of Matt/Harriett time, to the point where I said to my hubby halfway through, "Where's Danny?" because I realized we hadn't seen him yet. I love Christine Lahti, and hopefully she will become, if not a regular cast member, a character we see often, which it seems that they set her up to be, wandering around for a few more weeks writing her article.

I felt this episode didn't have as much witty dialogue perhaps as the previous episodes, since most of it was centered just around the relationship between Matt and Harriett, but I personally loved the storyline of the stolen material, which turns out not to be stolen. I thought after they attributed it to the wrong comedian and apologized a second time it would be done, but then they pulled out one more punch and, I think, it turned out to be funnier then that they owned the material and everything that had transpired since. It makes me want to live on the West Coast now so I can see when shows make mistakes like that, although most of the time when stuff happens, I guess the East Coast gets to see it, and the West Coast gets the edited version.