Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Wrap Party

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2006 on NBC

• A step forward after three backwards. The episode finally shows a little of the show\'s attractive side. No common story line, and a bit lack of focus, but on the whole much better and worth watching.

Since I fell in love with the first two episodes I\'ve been waiting for something exciting and smartly elaborate to happen. But after week 2 the show has steadily, and not so slowly, deteriorated to a rather expensive and clever soap. So far for three week being stuffed in the studio of \"Studio 60\" the best thing that could be said about the three shows, and about the only good thing, was \"revealing character development\"...
    Now I sat to watch this one with my fingers crossed, hoping that at the end of an hour I\'ll be able to shout \"IT\'S ALIVE!\"...and it still is! Well, not the \"running happily\" alive, more sort of \"twitching\" alive. There wasn\'t that purposeful, exciting, catching story of the first two episodes but the four themes that formed it were mostly excellent and even a little exciting. \"Matt-Simon theme\" was the best, I liked Simon questioning Matt\'s writing, and the possibly exciting new black writer.
    \"Ton and the Parents\" was very funny, entertaining, and naturally very clever, but the conflict was too revealing and subdued at the same time. It was nice to get some history too.
    \"Jordan\'s Friend Making\" was OK, but was a bit scattered through the show.
    \"Kal and the Mysterious Old Man\" was a bit overdone, I got the feeling they were all going to go back in time and develop superhero powers in the end.
    I still rate it high because of the clever jokes and the great play of the actors. I hope this was a step on the right path.