Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Wrap Party

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2006 on NBC

• Clever, funny, intriguing, and smart. All the things I was hoping this show would eventually become.

Will this episode save Studio 60? Let's hope. With this being the first show without a sketch (not skit), Aaron Sorkin allowed us to look deeper into the characters, while having a few good laughs. The history provided by Tom on his tour and his parents was needed. The awkwardness of his parents and his gesture was touching. The dialogue between Matt and Simon was provacative and entertaining. Do we have a new member of Studio 60? I hope they work to develop this character. Also, Jordan not having any friends and Harriet being burned helped to move the show.

I categorized this as a "very special episode" because it is the first time I have said "wow" at the end. I enjoyed a few laughs, was forced to think, and thoroughly enjoyed the hour. Hopefully, NBC will take the next two weeks, decide to keep the show, maybe move it to a different time, and we'll be able to see what happens next. I can say for the ffirst time that I have reasons to care about Harriet, Jordan, Tom, Matt, Danny, Cal, Simon, the Studio itself, and even Jack.