Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Wrap Party

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2006 on NBC

• Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but....

This was a very interesting episode of Studio 60. Yup, 'interesting'. That's not what this show should be doing at this point in its oh-so-young history. It should be going for "snappy", "witty", "funny", and "ground-breaking" . The previous shows have been all that and more. This show was a little slower. And with the way that networks treat shows that don't bring home the bacon (and eggs, and coffee and a maid to clean it all up afterwards), this is just not something that this show should be doing at this point.

As I said, it was a very interesting show. The McCarthy hearings were a horrible part of Hollywood's history, and something that they still have to deal with. It's something that there should be more shows about. But not for episode four (five?) of a new series. I guess they're setting the tone of how they're going to be different. I guess that's a good thing. I'm not disagreeing; I'm just wondering if the network agrees? I'd like to keep watching this show, and if the network cancels it, that'll make it hard for me!

So while I liked the episode, I had to give it a relatively low mark for bad timing. They should wait until they've got that contract for season 2 before doing an episode like this.