Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The Wrap Party

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2006 on NBC

• A look back and a look foward... S60

This episode is my favourite thus far. I loved Tom taking his parents on a tour around the studio and telling them the back history. As a Media Production student, it was fun. I remember doing Intro to Media and one of my favourite parts of the class was when we were studying the origins of NBC, ABC, and CBS; I think I got the best grade on that test. I also loved the gest start of the Studio 60 vet; the parts with Tom and Eli Weintrob were the best parts. Tom\'s parents remind me very much of my own (except they have heard of \'Who\'s on First\'), I know that a lot of people attacked Sorkin for his betrayal of mid-western american families, but I think he got it pretty much right (with a little exaggeration- A.L. anyone?) I mean, come on people, who doesn\'t know \'Who\'s on First\'? It\'s THE GREATEST of American classic comedy.

What makes me upset is that stories like Mr. Weintrobs\' are true. Men who fought for the US were later called unpatriotic just because TPTB didn\'t like what they were saying... and in some respects, they were right. Overall this episode is one I can watch over and over again and not get tired of... much like Abbott and Costello\'s famous sketch.