Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

What Kind Of Day Has It Been

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 28, 2007 on NBC

• And so ends a show that had so much potential untapped.

You have to wonder if Sorkin knew this was going to be the end or not when he shot it. I kept hearing Judd Hirsch was going to appear as Wes but that never happened so maybe some things were reshot. My feelings on the problems of the show have been made in the past so I'll concentrate on this one ep.

Jack was far and away the best character and the talk with Simon was terrific with him finally coming around and then Simon decides to apologize and the hilarious "the sun's not up yet!" argument. Jack was the one guy who felt so real and it's sad we won't see that anymore.

I did like once again the soldier putting Tom in his place about the war and such and how the whole thing was settled fast. The scene with Jordan giving Danny the adoption papers once more shows how far too rushed this whole romance was but still nicely acted out. And nice to see the Harriet/Danny romance come with everyone saying they didn't have a problem with it. Overall, a not too bad ep. The flashbacks were also nice but I keep thinking it would have been better for Wes himself to show up and in person tell them he was apologizing and the effect it would have on Matt. A lot of Danny's behavior over the year is explained by how he feels he failed to help Matt back then, which makes rewatching the earlier episodes interesting. But still you get a sense of loss. Not that we lost a great show but that it never really reached its potential, ignoring the backstage drama in lieu of over the top speechifying and such. The cast deserved better material because they could make it work. Still, for one hour a week, they did their best to entertain their own way and it's hard to totally fault them for that. I just wish it had been the show we hoped for and gone on longer.