A Suburgatory Community
ABC (ended 2014)
Suburgatory is over, even though their facebook page manager doesn't seem to know it.
I don't know about you guys, but the episode felt more like a season finale than a series finale.
George comming back to Dallas was something it should had happened sooner, but I assume producers thought this as a season finale so the cliffhanger about the relation-ship wouldn't feel so weird if the show'd return for a forth season.
Even though Tessa storyline made a little more sense, since she had been pinning for Ryan for the entire season, but the fact that she spent most of the episode with a bunch of old ladies felt weird. Yes, at the end she realized Ryan was what she really wanted, but didn't she knew that three episodes ago? Anyway, in a classic 'we-pretend-this-is-not-weird-but-it-totally-is' moment, Ryan and Tessa said goodbye only to seconds later start making out in the middle of the street. Was it akward? Yes. Did I like it? Totally.
Despite everything I just said, I think it was a good choice for the final scene of the show. Remember, George brought Tessa to Chatswin because he found a condom in her bedroom, the show ends with Tessa having sex in the middle of the street of that suburb.

Well, the show is over, I'm gonna miss these characters and their weird lives.

(PS: English is not my native language, if there's any error, I'm sorry)
Comments (15)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
still hoping they're gonna get some other networks (cw, maybe, as it's produced by Warner Bros) to pick up the show for a 4th season!

anyway this episode might really be one of the best EVER!

loved it!

and the last scene has been breathtaking.... really I was like "WHAT???" all the time, kinda in a ocean of feelings... I ship them so hard!!
Flag
Obv they wouldn't have actually had sex in the street, come on!! It was defo a season finale rather than a series finale I think the axe got dropped quite a few months after filming stopped. Series 3 wasn't quite as good but that because the show got messed around, mid season, 13 episodes, the writers should have prepared for it to be the end, 13 eps for a sitcom = death.
Flag
It was a very good episode. Everyone had some fun with their parts, that's for sure. The bedroom scene at the Shays was hilarious. Dahlia's explanation as to why "Mommy" hooked up was classic Dahlia and great. Tessa with the old ladies was fine, it had that "not going to find love so I'll give up" feel to it. Wish George and Dallas had a bit more resolution but you I do agree, that felt like set up for the new season that's now not to be. I thought Tessa and Ryan making out in the street was awesome and an appropriate ending; all thing considered. Only thing I really missed was there was no singing of "Pleasant Nightmare" at the very end; it was how the ended all of their previous season. I will truly miss this show, it was definitely a guilty pleasure and I indulged early and often.
Flag
It was a good episode, but I wish it wasn't the end, especially with the cliffhangers. As Tessa started to cross the street to talk to Ryan, I started shouting "NO!" at my TV because I didn't want it to end with a cliffhanger.
Flag
I didn't really like the whole season. Tessa was way too focused on a character that was no longer there. George was pretty much annoying the whole season. The only saviors of the show this season was Dahlia, Lisa and Malik and that is about it. Which is really too bad it was one of the strongest shows that ABC had before they lost the three cast members that they did.
Flag
I loved Lisa more this season than ever before, definitely the season 3 MVP.
Flag
Lisa has always been my favorite. I just love her.
Flag
I really hope the actress lands on a good show. She really is great.
Flag
I agree. Even though I'm a fan of Ryan and Tessa, I found really weird that the main storyline for her character this season was her post-breakup status, especially with Parker Young being in another show as a regular.
I also think Lisa, Malik and Dalia were the funniest characters. I did liked Victor as a recurring character.
I had never been fan of George or Dallas or their relationship for that matter, so if they were more annoying I didn't notice.
Flag
Actually for me the other way around would have been a better series finale. Tessa and Ryan hooking up at the wedding and then going back/ on with their lives. George and Dallas making out at the end would have been a better ending as it would have left their relationship in the possible area as opposed to the Ryan/Tessa songfest which probably not going anywhere.
Flag
I think George and Dallas cliffhanger was suposse to be resolved in a forth season. I believe they would end up together if the show would continue.
Flag
Hm, I didn't like that last scene too much.
Sure, I wanted to see Tessa and Ryan getting back together because they are such an odd couple. This is just to proof that if somebody makes you happy, this is more important than having the same kind of intelligence level.. even though they might find it difficult to work it out in real life.
But them getting it on in public like this, especially with June still sitting in the living room, that was a little bit too much for my taste. It felt too sudden, too open, too fast.
I haven't considered the starting (condom) - ending (sex in the street) aspect which gives this scene a more character fitting touch, but nevertheless I would have preferred an unwilder ending.
Flag
I agree, it would had been better if June was already out of Ryan's life. And, I would like a more romantic ending too and not so rush, but I found this one satisfying, considering producers possibly thought they may get a forth season.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members