Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye

Ion Television (ended 2005)

laurameyer

Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye Fan Reviews (69)

• Good premise, but not well executed. Viewers looked more for the romance than the drama and real life hardships for deaf, burn victims, amnesiacs, etc. Created a stereotypical cast instead of becoming the cutting edge drama it could have been. May it r

Good premise, but not well executed. The spiritual implications totally missed the mark with a lot of viewers as evidenced with fan fiction writers who insist on creating characters totally outside the show\'s premise. Viewers looked more for the romance than the drama and real life hardships for deaf, burn victims, amnesiacs, etc. Created a stereotypical cast instead of becoming the cutting edge drama it could have been. Glad its over, even though we still get inundated with reruns 4 nights a week. May the show rest in peace and its actors enjoy their new endeavors with fond memories of what could have been.
  • Not a smart choise.

This show is horrible the acting and writing is so bad it makes me ashamed to Canadian probably the worst show in the history of TV. i respect the fact that it is based on a true person but that did such a horrible job making it. in fact i would put in some money to have this show taken off the air and all the film destroyed and the actors and writers locked in prison for being a part of it. and then anyone who liked it should be sterilized so that they don't pollute the human gene pool and have some sort of identification so that everyone knows that they are a watcher of sue thomas fb eye.....gods even the name makes me mad only a stupid show would change the i in FBI to eye and think it is good.
  • Pretty good show but as usual the fake English man undermines an otherwise decent effort.

This is quite an entertaining show. Not too serious, with quite decent story-lines. Only thing is as usual the stereotype English thing screws it up. I mean how hard is it. There's an authentic Australian (except of course real Australians use expletives every other word!) But for some reason, in a business where English actors a clamouring to get work they find an American to play an Englishman. And supposedly one with class, who oddly enough pronounces class in a lower class way. I guess having dodgy teeth is enough as far as most Americans know to pass for English. The main other problem with American tv and film is the moral endings. It all gets a bit goody-two-shoes after a while. Luckily that rule only exists in America.
  • Sue Thomas FBEye is the story of a pretty, intelligent, and funny young woman who happens to be deaf. She gains a job working for the FBI as a lip-reader, serving as a means to gain intel. Based on the true-life story of Sue Thomas.

"Sue Thomas FBEye" is a funny, interesting, and clean show that is family-friendly, and yet fun to watch! Usually it portrays wholesome values and morals that people (religious or not) can agree with or at least recognize as positive.

The show is also sometimes controversial, tackling issues such as terrorism, religion, and racial profiling. However, I believe that it does this with sensitivity and respect, while also not trying to sugar-coat or side-step the gravity of these issues in today's modern, Western, society.

I really enjoy Ms. Bray's portrayal of Sue Thomas, as well as the characterization of her role. Sue Thomas is a woman that is positive and realistic, despite the undeniable challenges and struggles that her deafness sometimes presents. She is surrounded by loyal, understanding, and supportive friends/co-workers. I also like that it is a quality, Canadian-made show that features good Canadian actors/tresses. It is solid and enjoyable!

I enjoy watching this show because I always leave with a smile on my face. It is wonderful to sit down and truly relax with a show. I don't care if it is sometimes overly-simple, or that the good-guys always win in the end. I don't watch "Sue Thomas" to be critical and negative about it; there is enough of that in real life! No, I watch the show just to enjoy myself, and remind myself that there are good people in the world who are trying their best to preserve our safety, rights, and freedoms.

Is the show perfect? No. Is it a postive influence? Yes. It is something that adults and children alike can enjoy and watch together. It also reminds us that despite the obstacles we might face in life, we too can succeed and choose be a positive, encouraging, proactive influence on those around us and our society, instead of the cynical, self-centred, and overly-serious role that we often get consumed by.

A great show! Check it out! Enjoy!
  • sue thomas is one of those shows thats hits the heart. it was a thouching show of a blind woman who had a dog and worked for the FBI. and she wanted to go out with her co-worker jack. good show and i hope it comes back on!

sue thomas is one of those shows thats hits the heart. it was a good show it watch on saturday night. it had some good charecters and the show didnt take itself too serisously. it was a touching story that proved the fact that just because you have a diaspiity doesnt mean that you cant work and have a life with someone or interat with other people. i am in a wheelchair and i really found this show to be very influential. and even through she is deaf she can still talk to people without using sign launguage and she can still use sign launguage to other people that are deaf. i think they should renew this program for another seasona and they should put the other seasons on dvd. its a good show.
  • I love this show since I first saw it with my mom four years ago. I am a Jack\Sue fan. I like the plots and twists and turns and of course the humor which the wtiters inforce every week. I was sorry that they canceled it.

I love this show since I first saw it with my mom four years ago. I am a Jack\Sue fan. I like the plots and twists and turns and of course the humor which the wtiters inforce every week. I was sorry that they canceled it but I will just have to watch the reruns and relive my favorite Jack\Sue moments and my favorite episodes and my mom and I will just have to continue to yell at Jack for not having enough guts to tell Sue the truth of his feelings.
  • A family favourite, great stories, animals and corny jokes - what more could you ask for?

Sue Thomas: F. B. Eye is a splendid, innovative and entertaining program. It manages to demonstrate how able bodied people do not have all the answers and sets a vision of the way our world could work without prejudice.
    The straight forward plots and clear goodies and baddies make this program one which the whole family can enjoy together. That is from Grandma to junior., Although the jokes are a little corny they can still make you laugh (or groan!)
    Mind you, I think Levi steals every scene in which he appears, as he is clearly a very clever canine
  • The End, For Now?

I am confused, at the end of the final episode "The End, For Now" appeared on the screens. Does this mean there could be a chance of a third season?

Please bring Sue Thomas Back, it was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and there where alot of touching episodes!!!
  • So what now?

I love this show, but is it true that it has ended once and for all? If so, what happened to Jack and Sue getting together?

I have to say the best actor in the whole show had to be Levi (Jessie) that dog is amazing.

This was a great family homespun drama, something you were never affraid to leave your kiddies in front off while you did something else.

I enjoyed every single episode and hope that the last season truly isn't the last.
  • Amazing!!!!

I discovered this show a couple of years back here in the UK and ever since the first time i watched it i have been hooked. It is a superb family show, with good morals and clean humor. Call me boring but i love how it is educational as well.
    I was highly disappointed when i heard about the cancellation to the point that i sent letters to both the network and sony- several in fact. But alas so far it has not been revived.
    Why is it the good ones that are wiped out???
    It may have finished a while back but i am still addicted to the show and its characters...and i am still holding out for it's return.
  • Please bring this series back!

My wife and I enjoyed every episode of this TV series whenever we had the time to watch. This is really one of the very few truly family-oriented TV series! We are so encouraged to see the character of Sue Thomas as someone who is wholesome. In fact, it is so good to watch the whole team in action, the camaraderie between them is so refreshing. We are just getting to watch the third season here in Malaysia and we were disappointed to hear that it is also the final season! Can this decision be changed, I wonder.
  • Bring it Back!

Sue Thomas works at the FBI, helping out with cases that are part of the everyday job. Sue works hard to do her best and help out as best she can. Sue can read lips, sign fluently, and can have a good time even though she is deaf.
    I personally like the chemiostry between Sue and Jack. I think that they should have made them ointo a couple but nooo they couldn't. They just had to take the show off the air. Even thought they may never bring it back I wish they would at least put it on DVD so we could buy it and always have it.
  • One of the best shows they really teach you about life.

This show really taught me about life and how hard it would be to do that. I like the fact that they had all these twists in the plot especially between Jack and Sue without that the show just wouldn't have been as good. They showed you the value of friendship. You were always laughing because of all the things that they made Miles do.
  • Sue Thomas-FBEye-April 10

Please do not replace Sue Thomas FBEye with Twice in a Lifetime. And please aire it 5 days a week like Doc and Touch by an Angel. These are the three series I have been watching. Many lives are touched with the messages conveyed and played by terrific actors and actresses.
  • Episode "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"

Does anyone know if the dog who acted with Levi was actually a friend of Levi -- they really seemed to know and like each other. Very cute!
  • Return Sue Thomas

I never saw Sue Thomas FBI when it first premiered years ago. I recently started watching it and fell in love with the show. Now it has been removed from PAX. We want it back!!! It's one of the best shows out there! I haven't watched PAX since!

• Great show.

Sue Thomas is a great show. I enjoy watching Sue talk sign language I understand sign language.
  • I love all the characters in the programme all play really good parts and it is enjoyable to watch i hope to see Sue and Jack get together for real and not for the job lol.x

Sue Thomas FBI is one of the best programmes i have ever seen. I hope there is new series due to come. I love watching all the CSI programmes but this programme tops it. I hate to miss up but one good thing im with virgin so i can do catch up so i dont have to miss it and i will keep watching them over end over again. I also have my family hooked as well. What i did love was having the real Sue Thomas appear on the show that was really nice. Levi plays a great part to when he went missing i cried because it was sad. So my review is Sue Thomas FBI is absolutely brilliant and i give it 100% who ever wrote it should be acknowleged brilliant work.x
  • most brilliant show on tv.

I can watch all the episodes over and over again. The only 2 down sides is 1 you buy the dvds in the uk, and secondly why didnt sue and jack get together, there was so much chemistry between them.
    Please release them in the u.k and i shall be the first one to buy them all. Jack and Bobby are handsome and i was just getting used to miles.
    I adore the dog who plays Levi, He his so well behaved. It is good the way it is done with the others having to learn to sign so they could talk to sue.
    I enjoyed seeing the real sue thomas in other episodes and they were playing reversed roles. well done to all the cast.
  • This show is so amazing!

There are a lot of shows that can tug at your heart strings, and make you get so involved, but Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, is definitely one of them. Personally, I consider it to be one of the best, beautifully emotional T.V. shows out there. Following the Jack/Sue plot line certainly was one of my favourite things to do seven-four years ago. I still remember those three years, I would sit on my grandmother's couch and just watch. Missing any episodes wasn't an option and I didn't. I know I was so sad when it ended and Jack and Sue weren't together, but that's life.

Now, the DVD box sets are supposed to be coming out and missing one, like four years ago, isn't an option.
  • It's coming back April 6 - yes!

Great actors, great messages, funny, dramatic, touching - everything to love in a show - and now the show is coming back - to Animal Planet! Thank Levi, Sue's hearing dog played by Jesse, with leading the show over to Animal Planet!
    It starts Monday, April 6, 8pm ET/PT (7pm CT/MT) with the two-hour pilot episode - then it will run Mondays at 9pm ET/PT (8pm CT/MT).
    And if it does well in the ratings, they may make new episodes!
    So please tune in and enjoy all your favorite episodes! And let's let Animal Planet know how glad we are they have brought it back!
  • Best Drama Show out there!

This is one of my favorite drama on T.V. I watched every episodes since it started and I have continued to watched regardless that is repeating.

This show has the many necessities that a good drama needs without the gore that many have today. To add to the show there are many great one liners that are thrown in to give the show a funny but serious quality to it.

The cast brings the bar a little higher for other drama show. They portray the show very well and the chemistry the cast has together makes the show what it was and is today.
  • I love Sue Thomas F.B.Eye.

In my opinion, Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye should have stayed on the air way longer than it did. This show is so much fun to watch and the storylines that they come up with are fantastic. It sucks that we didn't even have a proper series finale and we didn't even get to see Sue and Jack become a couple. I think they should atleast make atleast one more episode as the series finale. I loved the whole cast, but my favourite character is Bobby. I love his personality, he is so good looking, and I love his Australian accent. I think Sue's dog Levi, is so adorable. I really miss this show and I wish they would bring it back on the air.
  • i love this show!! it is soo great.

I absolutely love this show!!! I love how it is based on a true story, somewhat. Ithink it is great how her co-workers accept her diasability without judging her too much. Please, please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love myles' character, he is just so funny!! please, please, please, bring it back!! I think Levi is just soo cute and I admire how well trained he is in the show. This is truly a family show, a great family show. please remake it, make more seasons!! I love the chemistry between Sue and Jack. i would love to see new episodes of this.
  • Sue Thomas FB Eye is a show based on the real life of a deaf woman who could read lips and sign, and surprise, surprise, her name is Sue Thomas too. The actor who plays Sue Thomas in this show is also deaf. She can read lips and sign as well.

This is a great show, and right now I am watching my favourite episode so far, The Newlywed Game. It is a GREAT episode. Jack and Sue have to pretend that they are newlyweds. Its SO funny. They go undercover because a well known and feared terrorist is making calls to a small suburban family. A nice neighbouring house is for sale and the only way to get close to the couple is to move in. Sue gets to go because of Levi. The woman is a major contributor to a organization that helps train service dogs. This episode is to be continued.
  • As usual, I found this one late and quite by accident.

I watch Murdoch Mysteries and so was on YouTube looking for Yannick Bisson videos when I came upon this show that seemed to have a lot of videos for Yannick.
    Well, I may be slow to get started, but once I started watching, albeit on YouTube, I could not stop. I have since found it in reruns on a local network and am thoroughly enjoying myself!
    Its a very compelling show partly because its based on a true story, but also because each of the very different characters is easy to invest in. It is a "police" drama but its also very character driven and I like that element in this series.
    And, last but not least, its one more Yannick Bisson treat for the eyes and the soul!
  • When I first saw the show Sue Thomas I was hooked. I watched all the time. More than anything I'd like to see the show again. It would be great if they released a DVD out in stores. I'd be the first one in line to get it.

I think the show Sue Thomas was great. Being based on a real person makes it more interesting. All the things she was able to do in her life was remarkable. It goes to prove that no matter what your situation or struggles. With a positive attitude and faith. You can overcome and do anything you have your mind set on doing. The actress that played Sue was fantastic. The dog Levi was so cute and smart. For her to be able to work with the FBI the way she did. What a great way to use her talents then of to serve our country. I would love to meet the real Sue Thomas one day. I'd also like to meet the actress who played her on the show. This show should have been picked up by another station for more folks to see. If more saw this show it would become a bigger hit than it is now.
  • A Christian based show about a deaf woman name Sue Thomas who comes to work for the F.B.I. Because she is able to read lips she is very helpful in cases where the team needs to know what a suspect is saying. It has adventure and is very entertaining.

This is one of the best shows that ever played on television. It is very entertaining and educational even. If you're looking for adventure, comedy, or just something to fill that extra slot of time you have, this just might be the show for you! I've watched many different shows and I can honestly say that you can't find much better than this show to keep you captivated for an hour. It just has something about it that makes you want to keep watching the show and "solving" the cases and capturing those bad people with this one of a kind team!
  • I absolutely love this show!

Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is a great show! I'm learning American Sign Language or ASL so it's really interesting to me! Plus, the mysteries keep me coming back for more! Sue Thomas is a deaf F.B.I agent who can read lips and has a hearing dog named Levi. She has friends like Jack, Lucy, Bobby, Myles, Tara, and Dimitrius who comfort her when she needs it, and they have fun. It's not always about the fun because when you're an F.B.I agent, you have to focus on your work. I love the cases and the twists in it. It always keeps you at the edge of your seat just waiting to find out what's happening next. I love the excitement and thrill and I also love trying to read the signs. Since I'm a student in ASL, we watch this show during classes sometimes. It's great when you recognize what Sue or someone's signing. It's an interesting show with great plots, so it gets a 10 of course!
  • Quality television show.

In the current times, it is hard to find quality television. Most shows on the networks have little meaning. It's either about someone being killed or how to kill someone. There are very few comedies on the network that make any since. I found Sue Thomas: F.B. Eye to be humorous and inspiring. The relationships between the characters was uncommon. Though I would have liked to see them put Sue and Jack together as a couple. If this program would not be returned to the networks I would at least like to have a DVD collection of the entire show.
< 1 2 3