Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye

Ion Television (ended 2005)

laurameyer

Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye Fan Reviews (69)

• Good premise, but not well executed. Viewers looked more for the romance than the drama and real life hardships for deaf, burn victims, amnesiacs, etc. Created a stereotypical cast instead of becoming the cutting edge drama it could have been. May it r

Good premise, but not well executed. The spiritual implications totally missed the mark with a lot of viewers as evidenced with fan fiction writers who insist on creating characters totally outside the show\'s premise. Viewers looked more for the romance than the drama and real life hardships for deaf, burn victims, amnesiacs, etc. Created a stereotypical cast instead of becoming the cutting edge drama it could have been. Glad its over, even though we still get inundated with reruns 4 nights a week. May the show rest in peace and its actors enjoy their new endeavors with fond memories of what could have been.
  • Not a smart choise.

This show is horrible the acting and writing is so bad it makes me ashamed to Canadian probably the worst show in the history of TV. i respect the fact that it is based on a true person but that did such a horrible job making it. in fact i would put in some money to have this show taken off the air and all the film destroyed and the actors and writers locked in prison for being a part of it. and then anyone who liked it should be sterilized so that they don't pollute the human gene pool and have some sort of identification so that everyone knows that they are a watcher of sue thomas fb eye.....gods even the name makes me mad only a stupid show would change the i in FBI to eye and think it is good.
  • Pretty good show but as usual the fake English man undermines an otherwise decent effort.

This is quite an entertaining show. Not too serious, with quite decent story-lines. Only thing is as usual the stereotype English thing screws it up. I mean how hard is it. There's an authentic Australian (except of course real Australians use expletives every other word!) But for some reason, in a business where English actors a clamouring to get work they find an American to play an Englishman. And supposedly one with class, who oddly enough pronounces class in a lower class way. I guess having dodgy teeth is enough as far as most Americans know to pass for English. The main other problem with American tv and film is the moral endings. It all gets a bit goody-two-shoes after a while. Luckily that rule only exists in America.
  • Its OK (most of the time) sometimes it can be a bit gross.

I don't usually watch it that much, i like watching 'Early Edition' more i think. But it did inspire me to try and learn sign language, just as early edition inspired me to try and learn Braille. (i'm not much good at either.)
    I can do ASL colors and things like horse, dog, cat, more, no, yes, etc... and i can reconize the braille numbers and stuff but nothing great yet, but i am working on it.
  • Sue Thomas-FBEye-April 10

Please do not replace Sue Thomas FBEye with Twice in a Lifetime. And please aire it 5 days a week like Doc and Touch by an Angel. These are the three series I have been watching. Many lives are touched with the messages conveyed and played by terrific actors and actresses.
  • Episode "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"

Does anyone know if the dog who acted with Levi was actually a friend of Levi -- they really seemed to know and like each other. Very cute!
  • Return Sue Thomas

I never saw Sue Thomas FBI when it first premiered years ago. I recently started watching it and fell in love with the show. Now it has been removed from PAX. We want it back!!! It's one of the best shows out there! I haven't watched PAX since!

• I love all the characters in the programme all play really good parts and it is enjoyable to watch i hope to see Sue and Jack get together for real and not for the job lol.x

Sue Thomas FBI is one of the best programmes i have ever seen. I hope there is new series due to come. I love watching all the CSI programmes but this programme tops it. I hate to miss up but one good thing im with virgin so i can do catch up so i dont have to miss it and i will keep watching them over end over again. I also have my family hooked as well. What i did love was having the real Sue Thomas appear on the show that was really nice. Levi plays a great part to when he went missing i cried because it was sad. So my review is Sue Thomas FBI is absolutely brilliant and i give it 100% who ever wrote it should be acknowleged brilliant work.x
  • This is just some information that i thought Yannick might be interested in......

I have watched Sue Thomas quite a few times,when i heard that Yannick Bisson was on it...main reason my mom used to babysit Yannick when he was about 2 or 3..my dad worked for his dad at Beaver Marine in Digby N.S.There were 2 different summers when mom babysit because they did two jobs in the Digby area.One job was a bridge and the other was the Bay Ferries wharf.If Yannick sees this my mom would love to hear from him again after all these years..
  • Sue Thomas FBEye is the story of a pretty, intelligent, and funny young woman who happens to be deaf. She gains a job working for the FBI as a lip-reader, serving as a means to gain intel. Based on the true-life story of Sue Thomas.

"Sue Thomas FBEye" is a funny, interesting, and clean show that is family-friendly, and yet fun to watch! Usually it portrays wholesome values and morals that people (religious or not) can agree with or at least recognize as positive.

The show is also sometimes controversial, tackling issues such as terrorism, religion, and racial profiling. However, I believe that it does this with sensitivity and respect, while also not trying to sugar-coat or side-step the gravity of these issues in today's modern, Western, society.

I really enjoy Ms. Bray's portrayal of Sue Thomas, as well as the characterization of her role. Sue Thomas is a woman that is positive and realistic, despite the undeniable challenges and struggles that her deafness sometimes presents. She is surrounded by loyal, understanding, and supportive friends/co-workers. I also like that it is a quality, Canadian-made show that features good Canadian actors/tresses. It is solid and enjoyable!

I enjoy watching this show because I always leave with a smile on my face. It is wonderful to sit down and truly relax with a show. I don't care if it is sometimes overly-simple, or that the good-guys always win in the end. I don't watch "Sue Thomas" to be critical and negative about it; there is enough of that in real life! No, I watch the show just to enjoy myself, and remind myself that there are good people in the world who are trying their best to preserve our safety, rights, and freedoms.

Is the show perfect? No. Is it a postive influence? Yes. It is something that adults and children alike can enjoy and watch together. It also reminds us that despite the obstacles we might face in life, we too can succeed and choose be a positive, encouraging, proactive influence on those around us and our society, instead of the cynical, self-centred, and overly-serious role that we often get consumed by.

A great show! Check it out! Enjoy!
  • A family favourite, great stories, animals and corny jokes - what more could you ask for?

Sue Thomas: F. B. Eye is a splendid, innovative and entertaining program. It manages to demonstrate how able bodied people do not have all the answers and sets a vision of the way our world could work without prejudice.
    The straight forward plots and clear goodies and baddies make this program one which the whole family can enjoy together. That is from Grandma to junior., Although the jokes are a little corny they can still make you laugh (or groan!)
    Mind you, I think Levi steals every scene in which he appears, as he is clearly a very clever canine
  • The End, For Now?

I am confused, at the end of the final episode "The End, For Now" appeared on the screens. Does this mean there could be a chance of a third season?

Please bring Sue Thomas Back, it was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and there where alot of touching episodes!!!
  • So what now?

I love this show, but is it true that it has ended once and for all? If so, what happened to Jack and Sue getting together?

I have to say the best actor in the whole show had to be Levi (Jessie) that dog is amazing.

This was a great family homespun drama, something you were never affraid to leave your kiddies in front off while you did something else.

I enjoyed every single episode and hope that the last season truly isn't the last.
  • Amazing!!!!

I discovered this show a couple of years back here in the UK and ever since the first time i watched it i have been hooked. It is a superb family show, with good morals and clean humor. Call me boring but i love how it is educational as well.
    I was highly disappointed when i heard about the cancellation to the point that i sent letters to both the network and sony- several in fact. But alas so far it has not been revived.
    Why is it the good ones that are wiped out???
    It may have finished a while back but i am still addicted to the show and its characters...and i am still holding out for it's return.
  • Bring it Back!

Sue Thomas works at the FBI, helping out with cases that are part of the everyday job. Sue works hard to do her best and help out as best she can. Sue can read lips, sign fluently, and can have a good time even though she is deaf.
    I personally like the chemiostry between Sue and Jack. I think that they should have made them ointo a couple but nooo they couldn't. They just had to take the show off the air. Even thought they may never bring it back I wish they would at least put it on DVD so we could buy it and always have it.
  • One of the best shows they really teach you about life.

This show really taught me about life and how hard it would be to do that. I like the fact that they had all these twists in the plot especially between Jack and Sue without that the show just wouldn't have been as good. They showed you the value of friendship. You were always laughing because of all the things that they made Miles do.
  • most brilliant show on tv.

I can watch all the episodes over and over again. The only 2 down sides is 1 you buy the dvds in the uk, and secondly why didnt sue and jack get together, there was so much chemistry between them.
    Please release them in the u.k and i shall be the first one to buy them all. Jack and Bobby are handsome and i was just getting used to miles.
    I adore the dog who plays Levi, He his so well behaved. It is good the way it is done with the others having to learn to sign so they could talk to sue.
    I enjoyed seeing the real sue thomas in other episodes and they were playing reversed roles. well done to all the cast.
  • It's coming back April 6 - yes!

Great actors, great messages, funny, dramatic, touching - everything to love in a show - and now the show is coming back - to Animal Planet! Thank Levi, Sue's hearing dog played by Jesse, with leading the show over to Animal Planet!
    It starts Monday, April 6, 8pm ET/PT (7pm CT/MT) with the two-hour pilot episode - then it will run Mondays at 9pm ET/PT (8pm CT/MT).
    And if it does well in the ratings, they may make new episodes!
    So please tune in and enjoy all your favorite episodes! And let's let Animal Planet know how glad we are they have brought it back!
  • Sue Thomas FB Eye is a show based on the real life of a deaf woman who could read lips and sign, and surprise, surprise, her name is Sue Thomas too. The actor who plays Sue Thomas in this show is also deaf. She can read lips and sign as well.

This is a great show, and right now I am watching my favourite episode so far, The Newlywed Game. It is a GREAT episode. Jack and Sue have to pretend that they are newlyweds. Its SO funny. They go undercover because a well known and feared terrorist is making calls to a small suburban family. A nice neighbouring house is for sale and the only way to get close to the couple is to move in. Sue gets to go because of Levi. The woman is a major contributor to a organization that helps train service dogs. This episode is to be continued.
  • As usual, I found this one late and quite by accident.

I watch Murdoch Mysteries and so was on YouTube looking for Yannick Bisson videos when I came upon this show that seemed to have a lot of videos for Yannick.
    Well, I may be slow to get started, but once I started watching, albeit on YouTube, I could not stop. I have since found it in reruns on a local network and am thoroughly enjoying myself!
    Its a very compelling show partly because its based on a true story, but also because each of the very different characters is easy to invest in. It is a "police" drama but its also very character driven and I like that element in this series.
    And, last but not least, its one more Yannick Bisson treat for the eyes and the soul!
  • A Christian based show about a deaf woman name Sue Thomas who comes to work for the F.B.I. Because she is able to read lips she is very helpful in cases where the team needs to know what a suspect is saying. It has adventure and is very entertaining.

This is one of the best shows that ever played on television. It is very entertaining and educational even. If you're looking for adventure, comedy, or just something to fill that extra slot of time you have, this just might be the show for you! I've watched many different shows and I can honestly say that you can't find much better than this show to keep you captivated for an hour. It just has something about it that makes you want to keep watching the show and "solving" the cases and capturing those bad people with this one of a kind team!
  • A great show with seemingly 'real' people. Believable characters, who are not always sugary sweet to each other. I love to see the rest of the FBI crew signing to understand Sue, and the fact that they always place themselves where she can l

I am an Aussie currently house sitting in Canada for six wonderful months.
    I encountered Sue Thomas FBI when I was first here two years ago, and loved it.
    I was devastated to see at the endof the show yesterday that it is the end of the series for the moment.
    I see the last episode was filmed in 2005 - what are you doing - get your act together and get some more of the show in the can.
    I LOVE IT!
    Of course the fact that we have Rick Peters, an Aussie in the show too, makes me likeit even more, but I love Sue and the rest of the cast - even the nasty guy.
    I think this sort of show does great things for the acceptance of people with so-called disabilities, and it helps adults and children understand sign language and want to learn it themselves.
    Having he 'real' Sue Thomas in the final show was wonderful.
    Thank you so much for a great show, but PLEASE film lots more episodes, and PLEASE send it down to Oz.
  • This was our ONLY "Got to see it" show. We were heartbroken when it disappeared.

Sue Thomas FBEye was about a lot more than crime drama. This program gave beautiful illustrations of what character and true friendship are all about. It also helped people (especially young people) see that individuals who are "different" are not really all that different after all - we just need to give them a chance. The cast were believable and loveable. They dealt with real issues in a compassionate way. It's worse than a shame that someone didn't see the value in continuing this amazing program. I hope it gets another chance. We are rooting for it in Colorado!
  • We love this show. We have only watched stfbeye 2 months. we tuned in and looked forward to it everyday. All of a sudden it was gone. It is a wonderful show unlike all the bloody, violent shows they love putting on prime time tv. Please bring it back.

Sue Thomas F.B.eye is truly a wonderful program. It is sweet, exciting, lovable and habit forming. Each character is endering and finds a place in your heart. They are like family. Shows with animals in them always make an impact on families. Levi is a special dog. Being dog lovers it caught our interest right away. F.B.I. dramas are always of great interest. This one is better than most as the stories are more realistic and less bloody. It shows the hum drum of each day. Not everyday is running after people and shooting all over the place. There is more to this drama than that. Please bring it back. I am sure there are more tv watchers out there like us that need to be introduced to this great series. Thank you for listening .....
  • STFBE is about a deaf woman coming into the FBI and while facing her own challenges, she faces challenges of the FBI. It's a great familiy show, and teaches good values. Its heartwarming, and you cant help but fall in love with all of the characters.

i absolutely LOVE this show!! LIke i said, it's heartwarming, and i fell in love with ALL of the characters. I loved JackSue pairup. I was sad/mad that they "ended" the show like that.it leaves you wanting to know what happens next. I am 14 years old, and not to be putting down my peers, but i think this show is better than all the rest that my peers watch that has sex related or cussing and whatnot. This teaches good values, and even has god in it.Its a great family show.One i don't actually have to "secrectly" watch.
  • One of the Best Shows on Television! The actors ACT! Rated AWESOME for Reality!

It is really nice to see a show that is closer to reality. I rate it up there with CSI:Miami, CSI\"NY, NCIS, Numbers, Close to Home, and more. Bring it Back!

The acting is superb. Each actor brings a sense of realism. It\'s like actually being in a Real FBI office and not one that is just based on showmanship. This I know from personal experience.

Deanna is one of the best actresses I have seen in a long time. She, like the real Sue Thomas, has shown that handicaps can be overcome. All I can say is BRING IT BACK!

• Sue Thomas is a deaf woman working for the F.B.I. The show is great and I like how the show usually ends on a good note(more shows should do that).

This is the fourth best show on television, out of all the shows that have ever been on television! My entire family watched it together every Sunday. That is when it used to have new episodes,anyway. We've watched almost every episode at least twice. The show needs to come back on the air! It had good storylines and characters. There was always the right amount of action. The characters are real, believeable, and the type of good guy you like to cheer for. Not to mention they're fighting for the american way of life. Please bring this show back soon! Everyone enjoys this show.
  • Great show. Should definitely be picked up for another season. The actors are great and do complete justice to their characters. A very informative show that everyone shoul watch.

I love this show. It\'s GREAT! I think it is just so infomative and educating. I love getting to watch and learn the sign language. I think that Deanne Bray is a fabulous actor and just does such a great job with the role. It should be brought back. It is too bad it was not more widely known ang on a more popular television station. I think it is great that people are becoming more aware of the fact that anybody can do anything if they try hard enough. Especially being that the show is based on the life of a real person. Everybody should see this show. Bring it back.
  • My husband and I just found this show this year. We love it!

My husband and I just found this show this year. We love it! It's in reruns so it often runs opposite current shows we like. We watch it when it doesn't conflict with current shows. Otherwise, I tape it Monday thru Thursday and we watch it all those other times there's nothing worth watching. I like to try to make sure I watch them in order.

By the way, I especially like the theme song. I would love to have the complete lyrics. There are a few words I can't understand.
  • This show is amazing! It is a wonderful show for the entire family and entertaining for everyone. Please bring this show back!

Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is an outstanding television show and should continue to be recorded and aired. This show is wonderful for the entire family and entertaining for everyone. The show is clean. It shares the message of Jesus Christ. Each actor is excellent in portaying his or her character. Sue Thomas is an inspiration, for the deaf and hearing. Sue is a hero for anyone who watches the show. Sue Thomas F.B.Eye fulfills its purpose in being considered a drama. Each week is a new plot. The F.B.I. scene is interesting to men, women, and children. The show also gives hints of a possible futer romance with Sue and Jack. Viewers are waiting anxiously to see how the lives of these characters will play out. Please do everything possible to bring this show back.
< 1 2 3