Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye

The Heist

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 09, 2003 on Ion Television

• Lucy and Sue go to a deaf club and Sue meets an old friend. The team try's to find 2,4 million dollars back. Sue learns again how it feels to be around deaf people and do sign lanquages. It is with less pressure.

Also this episode is a lot about sign lanquage. Lucy try's to learn sign, but it isn't easy. When she is among deaf people who only sign, she can't follow. She feels left out. Then when Sue and Jennifer are among the team, in a restaurant, the same thing happens. Sue and Jennifer can't follow, because they are osll talking together. It gives a good picture of the feeling that must give. I mostly like the end of this episode, where they all meet in Lusy's and Sue's appartment and they do pictonary. The words from Jack are so true. When you want to, there is alway a way to communicate!!
  • A truckload of money disappears. Sue and the team must track down the truck and the perpertrators. Meanwhile, Sue reconnects with an old college roommate, prompting Lucy to learn something new about being in the deaf world.

Every time I watch an episode of Sue Thomas:F.B.Eye. I always find myself wanting to learn more than just of the FBI procedures. I also want to have a taste of what it's like being deaf and having to adapt to the fast-paced hearing world. Lucy, Sue's best friend, came to terms by the end of the episode of how Sue had adapted to working with all hearing people in her unit. She also got a taste of how deaf people feel when hearing people left them out of converstations when she struggles to follow the sign language between Sue and her old friend, Jennifer.

I still have hope for the show's continuation. And I still want to learn more about the deaf culture as well.
BYUTV