Sugar Rush Forums

Channel 4 (ended 2006)

Sugar or Saint?

mapleleaflady

[1]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 10

Who in your opinion is a better love pursint for Kim: sugar in season 1 or Saint in season 2?

Or, if you wish: who do you like better: Sugar or Saint?

I just love Sugar and hate Saint. First of all I think Sugar is way prettier what Saint, even in her trashy clothes, stupid makeup and sometimes ugly-colored hair. But she's so true and wild and so sweet in her heart. I think she's scarred, mostly by her own family (her mother left, how horrible) and she has troubles admitting her feelings. Also I think she's scared of life and that is why she does some stupid things. And, of course, she is a little stupid, but that's just her way.

Saint on the other hand is strange for me, and all she really does is bring up the age differece between Kim and her. It really makes me angry, just go and find someone else then! Or if you really love Kim let her be. All this drama with her mother and hating Sugar made me angry.

Plus I think there is just more chemistry between Kim and Sugar, they have history.

What about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dju010

[2]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 88
    While Kim is completely in love with Sugar, there are some major difficulties: Sugar isn't able for a stable relationship and secondly doesn't love Kim. No matter what.

However Saint is ready and willing to work on a relationship to Kim. And she ain't boring, so the two of them could have a really great time together. It's just not at strong as Kim loves Sugar, but this would at least be a two way relationship.

The question for Kim might be one happy night or a couple of happy months (for how long it might last). So the question is what would you take? I'm too much of mind person and so my vote goes to Saint.

badaboumbabou

[3]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    Kim is beautiful with anyone, I think. I really love that girl with the weird accent...in season 1. When Kim goes in the sea with her. She was beautiful :-) Although, I really like Sugar w/Kim ! They are so funny. But Sugar is soooo straight ! :-)

Saint is cool, but she's not as hot as Sugar ! And not so fun ! But anyway, it's a really cool show and it's a shame that it's cancelled.

mapleleaflady

[4]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 10

Oh, you mean Beth, the girl from the church? Yeah, I wanted that plot to be more expanded too, but well. I really liked the actress, she played a supporting character on the show HEX. And her accent - she's from Northern Ireland :-)

I totally agree on what you said about Saint though!

I miss Sugar Rush and crazy Kim...

Edited on 07/09/2007 9:42am

Shana868

[5]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 40
    Put it this way, I loved season 1 and wasn't so keen on season 2.
    Season 1 seemed to me to be a lot more real, a teenage lesbian secretly lusting over her best friend at school.
    Season 2 and the writers were just trying to be cool by placing Kim with an older, experienced, sex-shop owner. I thought that the characterisation of Saint just wasn't necessary to the storyline or relevant to the audience.

I actually liked Beth best, I thought she made a really nice fit for Kim and I was disappointed when Kim blew her off to go and be with Sugar.

In season 2 I found Sugar quite annoying, and didn't much like Saint, but if I had to pick between the two I'd say I like Sugar more and preferred Kim's feelings in season 1 but obviously Saint is the more stable choice for Kim.

mad_megz_666

[6]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 7

Sugar!!

I read the book first, which gave me a different perspective to the TV show that most people...

So I thinkSugar because of it...and lets face it, it's called Sugar Rush, it was all about what Kim felt for Sugar, the emotion, addiction and obsession. And then when saint walked in it was kind off like whoa whats going on here then, this isn't right... Which I think is why so many people who watched the first series didn't bother to watch season two... It changed everything that made it Sugar Rush. So just for that I prefer Sugar

And of course because she is way hotter than Saint

noted0

[7]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 5

Saint. Sugar just can't be trusted with anything, imo. She was always lying about everything.

Although, like a lot of people I wish she didn't blow off Beth to gobe with Sugar.

leesha_27

[8]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    Sugar made the show! Well, as good as Kim was, it was fun to watch them together. Sugar was a lot more fun than Saint, she was too mature for Kim.

Edie-Britt-92

[9]May 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    Sugar! I loved her!

thabest1

[10]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Sugar cuz she rocked, Saint was good for her too I guess but I just love Sugar and Kim's relationship.
    Edited on 08/24/2008 7:37pm

taLa23LaLabz

[11]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 1

i love saint! i super duper love her!! iv watching the series over and over bcoz of her..

thoogh she is not perfect for kim, she is great with kim.

sugar always fool around, i hate her for that and for even ruining the lover's relationship.

AgnesCandyki

[12]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 1

I always preferd Sugar instead of Saint ( I thought she was booring, to old and.. well I found many reasons to prove Kim's wrong choice). But when I look at it from a more... muture perspective I think it's better that she chose Saint. If you look at how Sugar treated her, betrayed her over and over again and treating her badly she wasn't worth Kim's love. And if you think about how she changes about her feelings quite often I think i's better too.

It would have been way more romantic and beautiful if Kim had choosen Sugar instead, but her future lays safer with Saint, and and thinking about a chance to real good, serious relationship it's better with Saint.

Anyhow, anyone except me who liked Beth and thougt she and Kim were perfectly fitted to each other?