Suits

Blind-Sided

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 17, 2013 on USA

7.4
  • Mike Ross is an idiot.

This episode was probably one of the worst episodes of the second season, next to the mid-season finale. It picks up where we left off: Mike, without his Grammy to give him a moral compass, is hitting the Mary J hard and sleeping with a married woman. (Who is a poor, poor replacement of Jenny from the first season, A hit and run wakes him up when he realizes that the situation is exactly like what he was in when he was a kid, and gives the family of the victim a nice settlement. Then the stupid happens: Mike finds out that his client was high when he ran over the victim, and tries to "do the right thing:" by stopping the settlement and ratting out his client to the ADA and the judge, completely disregarding attorney-client priviledge, I swear I wanted to punch Mike right then and there. We have always been under the impression that Mike's inexperience is why he kind of sucks at his job when Harvey isn't around to help him out, but Mike completely ignores the first rule every lawyer knows: whatever the client tells the lawyer is confidential. Mike would've been flat out fired and disbarred for this, but of course in this show Harvey is the greatest boss ever, just yelling at him and sending him home. And, in order to "get his shit together," Mike breaks up with the Jenny clone. Gee, I wonder if that's going to bite Mike in the ass?