A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S03E08: "Endgame"

Harvey and the gang finally—FINALLY—cleared Ava Hessington of the murder charges while proving to the world once and for all that she may be a spoiled little girl with a hidden Scrooge McDuck vault where the cash pool is kept at an ambient temperature at all times, but she totally didn't order the hit on those pipeline protesters. Harvey also managed to remind Cameron of a time when Cameron wasn't a lying scumbag who fabricated or withheld evidence as it suited him by... fabricating evidence in the form of Darby's testimony about how he knew what British Harvey was doing the entire time. Suits, your double standard is delish. 

Darby's testimony also gave the newly reconciled Harvey and Jessica a convenient chance to screw the man over, even though he quite readily agreed to throwing himself under the bus for the sake of their case and his guilt-laden friendship with that vile woman. The stage is set for the Suits "endgame" of Pearson Specter being an actual thing. All Jessica had to do was apologize to Harvey for that time she made him act like a total A-hole—because as a grown man, Harvey definitely isn't responsible for his own actions if the meanie Jessica acts like a total meanie. Also, their work environment seems horrific, and Harold, my precious, you're better off now that you're far, far away (or, you know, like a block away). Still, Harold's verbal smackdown of Mike was lovely. 

Putting aside the usual complaints about the nuances of the Suits-universe and how literally everyone is awful, "Endgame" gets love and brownie points for finally ending Hessington Oil's drama and doing so with a great callback to the very first season of Suits and our very first meeting with Cameron's glorious mustache. Actually, I don't think he had a 'stache in Season 1. Whatever. It was nice to see wrongly convicted Clifford Danner around town, even if his own endgame was horribly depressing. Despite his argument that he didn't owe Harvey anything for getting him out of his charges because Harvey, under Cameron's guidance, brought the charges against Clifford in the first place, Clifford was swayed by Mike's insistence that he owed Mike because Mike is just everyone's savior like that. (See also: Harold.)

Clifford ambushed Cameron in a nice plaza and reminded him about how there's a special circle of hell reserved for people who don't learn from their mistakes and tamper with evidence and screw innocent people over aaaand... Cameron kind of didn't care. He cared enough that when Darby offered him a convenient way to not railroad Ava into a life sentence, he reduced the time to eight years and then dropped it altogether, but it's not like Cameron had some huge revelation about his misguided career choices and suddenly decided to renounce his skeevy ways. 

Darby's "admission" also paved the way for Jessica and Harvey to ship their rival back across the pond, never to be seen or heard from again since he lost his license to practice law in the U.S. of A. as part of his deal with Cameron. Suits' season-long reset is almost complete—but with two episodes to go until the mid-season finale, there's plenty of time to upset the status quo again. 

In the wake of British Harvey's big evil reveal, Donna and Original Recipe Harvey's sexual tension and UGH WHY WON'T YOU TWO JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY??? is back in full bloom. I really thought this latest romantic disaster would finally break them of their reluctance to be a thing. I'm just really sick of scenes with Donna standing on the sidewalk looking sad while Harvey walks away. Donna/Harvey hasn't yet reached unmanageable levels of "JUST DO IT ALREADY," though—which works in Suits' favor. The reasons that Harvey and Donna detailed as to why they can't, won't, and shouldn't are perfectly understandable, and to ruin the generally good thing they have going right now with romance would be terrible. I don't think that Suits will do it, but I could see the pair's refusal to formally date, or even put a name on whatever their relationship is, stretching for seasons and seasons to come... and that actually probably wouldn't suck. 

Still, everybody put on your sad faces for Donna! Girl just has the worst luck, doesn't she? Her role in delivering bad news to Stephen not just once but twice may have soothed some of the burn that goes with "Oops, I slept with a murderer," and scary Donna is one of my favorite Donnas. On a similar note, I have to admit that I'm kind of loving the Rachel and Louis Adventures these days too. Her general sweetness and ability to think rationally nicely complements his pettiness and occasional zaniness. 

So that's a wrap! Mostly! As delighted as I am that the bulk of this story is finished, I'm concerned that the next two episodes will be spent wandering aimlessly in its aftermath—I mean, that's what happened last season. What about you? What are your predictions?

CASE NOTES

– Stephen was a total sleaze, and he hurt Donna, so he had to be destroyed. But he wasn't wrong in his argument about how just because Donna and the others don't go around ordering death for those who get in the way of "progress" doesn't mean they don't contribute to awful things happening for their benefit in other ways.  

– Louis has had some really great stories over the past two seasons—why must he be reduced to a petty man-child again? STOP IT, SUITS!

– "A man is judged by the photos he displays." That entire exchange was glorious.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/20/2016

Season 6 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/27/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

84 Comments
Comments (84)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The one good thing about falling behind on a serial is you get to watch episodes one after the other. Since I am not worried if I get spoiled, it's ok if I am behind on the discussion. (An aside--how on earth are people able to keep up with comments/replies for 4, 5 different shows? My head would explode, lol.

I just finished Season 3's "Endgame" episode. Finally it's over! I get a bit impatient with storylines that play out over 3 or more episodes, unless it's an arc played out over a whole season but stays more in the background. I didn't like this particular case, but loved watching Donna and Louis simply being themselves.

Harvey? Still not sure if I like his character, though confess I would love to see his ego take a hit now and again, actually lose a case.

Donna? Might just be my favorite character. (Or maybe as a redhead myself it's a solidarity thing [grin].) Love the dynamics of the Donna-Harvey relationship. Both know just who they are, and who the other is, and both are fine with that. If Harvey has any sort of moral compass, it's Donna who gives it to him straight when she thinks he's crossed a line. Also find it hysterical that she unashamedly, openly admits to. eavesdropping on ALL the conversations in his office, lol.

Mike? The scene (earlier season, of course) where he buys that wonderful condo for his grandmother only to learn she'd died hours before, that was wrenching to watch. Smart as a whip, cocky almost to the point of irritant. Not quite sure if I like his character.

Louis? Love him, lol. Rude, almost completely lacking people skills, supreme in his abilities, but insecure, still the outsider on the playground who never gets picked though he is as good as the others, maybe even better. And loyal almost to a fault, and in a top law firm--a refreshing trait.

Jessica? Tough cookie. Obviously brilliant, obviously has something to prove--to herself. Otherwise, am on the fence about her character.

Rachel? I know she's everyone's sweetheart, and that is what I find irritating about her character. The question is, could she be a good litigator. Very much someone with empathy, a good personal trait, but a liability if she wants to be a trial lawyer?

Now, onto the next season!
More+
Flag
Will they ever simply loose? I mean REALLY lose?! Have some balls, writers!

Yes I know the company had troubles, everyone's backstabbing each other, fighting and other bla bla bla problems. But I wish they would for once lose a big, major case and that it would affect Harvey, Mike and whoever else is involved. At this point there's no reason to ever doubt that at the end they will win the major case or even they small ones in between. Friggin Deus Ex Machinas around every friggin corner.

Is that so much to ask?..
Flag
I still love the series and I do wait each week for the new episode. But I miss the variety of cases which they had to solve, rather than just working on the Hessington Oil one. Also Mike did not have enough opportunities to show off his skills recently.
Flag
I'm so happy to see the whole Hessington Oil story line come to an end. These last few episodes of Suits were so weak, nowhere near the quality Suits has delivered over the last few years.
Flag
I'd like to see what impact this has on Donna going forward, because that scene giving him up to the police... I doubt I could go back to normal just with that. I found it rather silly and didn't get any feeling of "justice has been served".

About supporting evil acts from corporations... really, you don't need to be a corporate lawyer or a secretary to the corporate lawyer for that. You just need to buy, you know, those shoes.

Flag
-Yup. Corporate law. Just because Harvey and Co are our protagonist for the show, in no means does it take away from the fact that they all do not so honorable things.
- That is probably what has frustrated me the most about this season. Well, one of the many things that has frustrated me about this season. Sadly, there have been things aplenty. Louis has become a joke, which is just insulting to his character and the wonderful Rick Hoffman. Louis has been the only truly likable character of the season and he continually gets reduced to things as frivolous, inconsequential, and utterly ridiculous as stripping down to his birthday suit for mud baths, and having an entire mock trial that wasted valuable time and resources over a cat. It's absurd. It isn't even "ha ha" funny absurd, it's cringeworthy, clenching my jaw kind of absurd. It was great seeing Harold again, especially a Harold that is more confident and fully realized, and I enjoyed Louis and him going at it, and the wonderful, whimsical, oddball friendship that Louis and Rachel have that does wonders for both of their characters, but he's still being utilized poorly.
-I concur.

Other Notes:
  • "All Jessica had to do was apologize to Harvey for that time she made him act like a total A-hole—because as a grown man, Harvey definitely isn't responsible for his own actions if the meanie Jessica acts like a total meanie." Exactly, and all is right with the world. Yes, they were both in the wrong etc, but there is no acknowledging that when only one person is called out and held accountable for the behavior and the other isn't. There is zero accountability on Harvey's part for anything, and it would be one thing if their issues actually stayed between the two of them,as it should have, but Donna and Mike got dragged into it and chose sides w/o even attempting to talk some sense into him or call him out. We got left with Harvey never actually being held accountable for anything that he did to contribute to the mess, or even acknowledging it for that matter, and everything is swept under the rug and we're suppose to just go with it. The appeal of Harvey Specter is the fact that he's a flawed and complex character. The appeal of his respective relationships with Donna, Jessica, and Mike is in their own way each and every one of them have been able to ground him and keep him in check. None of that is happening this season at all.
  • Great Darby and Ava scenes. They sold the turmoil. I actually found Darby to be cunning but interesting to watch. They didn't use him nearly enough.
  • Glad the Ava thing is over with.
  • The return of Season One Jessica. Sort of.
  • It was a glorious moment when Harold called Mike out, because honestly, Mike has gotten almost as bad as Harvey, but it's worse because he doesn't actually have a reason to be. Mike's a crap friend (except, you know, if you're Harvey) and Harold didn't owe him anything.
  • I love Rachel and Louis together. They work together quite nicely, even if it feels like they throw those two together just to give them something to do in an episode.
  • So overthrowing Darby. I believe we all seen that coming weeks ago.Using Ava was a nice touch, except not anticipating that Ava would drop them was rather foolish, especially given the episode's emphasis on family.
  • I can't explain how ecstatic I am that I sat through weeks worth of civil war that was never fleshed out in a great manner, and then for it to be resolved in all of two minutes with a bottle of wine, an evil plan, stating of the obvious, and ten second expressions of forgiveness and semi-apologies. Insta-reset. Woo hoo.
  • Donna got to take down Stephen because she's the best legal secretary in the business. Sarcasm aside, good for her. Best breakup ever.
  • Loved seeing Clifford again.
  • Fortunately this was actually a good episode of Suits. Unfortuantely, it isn't saying all that much since this season has been...bad. It's been bad. I hate saying that, but that's how I feel. :(
More+
Flag
I didn't think Louis really reverted to his old ways. Yes, he blustered in front of the associates, and he was mean to Harold. But in the end, he listened to Rachel, and let Harold win. That's personal growth, a rarity for this show.
Flag
Slightly better than last week's ... but still quite bad. My comment from last week remains - I feel cheated that everything has just reset to what it was at the beginning. At least we didn't have cat trial type shenanigans this wk, thankfully!
Flag
I'm with you. They took a great deal of time to upheave and tear things apart, so when you don't take that amount of time to put things back together and instead do an instant reset it feels like lazy writing and a cop-out. It's most unsatisfying. They eseentially swept and glossed over all the conflict and dove into the next plot witohut much thought.
Flag
I'm probably in the minority here because I didn't want the firm to break back up and go back to the status quo. I thought there were a lot of opportunities to explore how two very different cultures come together to form something new. Instead the writers chose to make all the Darby members genuinely bad guys. And so we are back to the beginning. It's a waste.
Flag
It kinda is. They missed out on a great opportunity to explore things more, and instead opted to focus all their time on inner turmoil, and it wasn't even as fleshed out as the Daniel Hardman stuff.
Flag
I guess we are in the same 'mind boats'. Looking at the leverage Darby brought into the partnership, I wonder why he was pushed out the quickly and that cheaply as well. Refusing the Practise Law in USofA is such a big thing I felt Darby shd have fought, fair or foul. He jx acted like another L.Litts. ;-(
Flag
It's especially stupid when you consider his testimony was a lie.
Flag
Mmmm...Rachel as the happiness/morality fairy is something I can definitely get behind. I mean considering that Mike's superpower is supposed to be his mind, but he *also* is capable of guilting people into doing the right thing and being a talking conscience, IMO, Rachel should be the master of that.

Regarding Darby: seems Jessica just can't help herself in terms of being a petty, backstabbing, power-hungry, Machiavellian witch. Harvey was ready to overthrow her and turned away from looking into the abyss. Seems Jessica took that plunge long ago.

Re: Donna: mmm yep, Donna > murder. But Scottie's coming back, which makes for yet another painful love triangle. Unless of course Scottie's into Donna =P.

Re Ava: but, but, but...I don't wanna see Michelle Fairley leave the show >.<...I hope she'll be back at some point.

In any case, what intrigues me most is the upcoming episode synopsis in that Jessica is snooping around on Mike/Rachel's relationship. Oh...boy. That cannot be good in any possible way. Because the only way she sees Rachel is as Robert Zane's daughter--and even if Rachel didn't work at Jessica's firm, the fact that if Robert Zane found out about Jessica having a fraudster work for her...oh brother.
More+
Flag
Oh, not Scottie again!
Flag
No Wire quotes? Loved Donna's revenge, liked the Cameron, Harvey and Jessica triumvirate and did like Harold's Breakfast Club "knock your dick in the dirt" reference vs Louis' love of Julie Andrews films... these were a few of my favourite things. :-)
Flag
I liked the episode. I thought it was necessary that Jessica apologize for being a witch. Just because she acts that way to almost everyone doesn't mean its okay for her to act that way to Harvey-they guy who has been there for her for years, who has supported her and done her dirty work at times. Yeah, Harvey is a grown man responsible for his own actions, but that doesn't mean that he has to take her crap. He had motivation to do what he was going to do to Jessica, but in the end he realized he really didn't want to do it. He took the first step in fixing their relationship. Her apologizing for making him want to get rid of her was something that needed to be done in order for them to move on. It means she realized she pushed it too far and that Harvey, while loyal, won't take that kind of crap.
Louis and Rachael do well together. I like how she can talk sense into him and it comes off as growth for Louis instead of cheesy sexual tension or something. Harold is an idiot. He was miserable at P&H and getting fired was the best thing for him. Dude needs to wake up and get over himself.
I think the next 2 episodes are going to be focusing on the repercussions of kicking Darby out and pissing Ava off. Sure, she isn't in prison, but its not like she was satisfied with how they handled her case. Darby and Ava are both rich and powerful people with underlings that can make life hell so I imagine that will be center stage for at least the next episode.
More+
Flag
Seriously, when does Harvey ever take her crap?! He does whatever the hell he feels like doing and continuously disregards her on the regular. And as much as it annoys her she lets him do it because he's Harvey. Jessica may be a bitch, but Harvey is a bastard. They're cut from the same cloth and acknowledge as much, it's why they get along so well and why they fight the way they do. More often than not, it's a mutual understanding between the two of them. Jessica tries to reign him in even though she's incapable of doing so, and Harvey disregards her even though he usually means well when he does. So is the nature of their relationship. Sure, Harvey has been there for her, but she's been there for Harvey too. He does her dirty work, as is the nature of his job and his position as her secondhand, and she looks out for him when she can, because he's her person, and she protects her own, something she's said more than once since the pilot and even demonstrated. She paid his way through law school and mentored him. He stayed longer than he needed to to pay off the debt and became her business confidante. You can honestly go back and forth with them on the things they've done for one another or done to each other.

It can be argued that he had motivation to do what he did ( personally I don't think so, especially since the way in which things had gone down contradicted who he is as a character) and she acknowledged as much. Technically she extended an olive branch to him twice long before he even confessed to what he had done, because she wanted to mend their relationship. I mean I love Harvey to pieces, I love them both, but the guy is no Saint, and needed to be held accountable, take responsibility for, and acknowledge his own actions. It's something that he doesn't always do, it's something that was somewhat missing this season. Technically he never officially apologized for taking in Mike, the biggest walking liability the firm has. They both screwed up, and they were both insufferable to watch, and they both did some crappy things that they needed to be accountable for. They were both in the wrong with this entire thing, so neither of them was more worthy of an apology over the other. I'm sorry, it just, I can never wrap my head around the fandom when they tend to be so much harder on Jessica than Harvey when they do the same things, and behave the same way. It's acceptable and excusable in one case but not for the other.
More +
Flag
This might "sound" mean but Rachel's and Louis characters are going down the drain, kind of wished that she went to a far far far away collegue or at least breakup with Mike & PLEASE give some good material to the reason I watch the show Louis Litt!!!
Flag
Jessica and Harvey making up was long overdue, and I'm glad that is finally settled.

Harvey walking away from Donna made me sad. Girl could have used a hug at least.
Flag
Yes, but if he hugs her he might not stop there....hence the hands not coming out of the pocket as he passed.
Flag
Good eye. I knew there was something wrong there, but couldn't pick it out.
Flag
The main story this episode was meh.. Louis and Harold had me laughing.. Rachel is louis' babysitter? This episode was not very good..
Flag
Great episode. All is, for the most part, well again between Jessica and Harvey, which is a breath of fresh air to me. I will always be on team Jessica, but her admitting that she pushed Harvey into being a colossal douche about this merger was big on her part. Jessica may crave being number one, but she most certainly earned it the hard way and kept it going the right way: by any means necessary!! Harvey, at some point, will get that senior partnership he sure as hell deserves, but I just don't think his time is right now.

I, too, am glad this murder trial is over and done with. I have no beef with Darby since he was trying to help Ava in his own "special way". He's a HUGE step up from Hardman!! While Ava is definitely an innocent victim when it comes to those murders, Suits tried to make her more of an innocent victim than I think she deserved to be. Let's face it: that impetuous bitch was a handful to deal with!!! Given how many new facts kept coming to light about the pipeline, and how she just sort of expected Harvey to pull miracles out of his ass, I'm not about to sympathize for her that much. Sorry, but she got on my nerves way too much.

Sorry, Maryann, but Harold's verbal smackdowns on Louis were much more entertaining to me. You may paint Mike as a protagonist, but he was a victim just like Harold was. Plus he got Harold that awesome job at a great law firm!! So I definitely disagree with you on that. Louis definitely had it coming, but at the same time, he held his own too. I definitely like the guy now. He's the man and he makes sure EVERYONE knows it. Also good point about him sort of fleshing out Rachel. She makes a very good yin to his yang. Louis was clearly bullying Harold, and Rachel justly called him out on it. Well done, lady!!!

The Donna/Stephen thing was fun and dramatic to watch too. It was definitely strange to see Donna show that much emotion for another man, let alone one someone like Stephen, but she had every right to. The way she played him twice was fun to watch. However, Stephen, the murderer and sleaze he is, was on point with his criticism of Harvey and the firm. Their clients aren't exactly "model citizens". In fact, most of them get on my nerves trying to play the innocent victims, whether it be those insurance companies or star athletes, etc. In the end they're all defense lawyers who work get their clients off by two rules: what you know and what you can prove.
More+
Flag
I loved the scenes with Donna and does not even deserve to be named.
Flag
"I smell mint."
Flag
In my mind, since about 6 episodes ago, I've pretended that Harvey trying to overthrow Jessica wasn't for realsies, so every time someone mentions the Jessica/Harvey feud I'm genuinely perplexed for a few seconds. And when I'm reminded, I convince myself that it was all part of an incredibly elaborate scheme to get rid of Darby for Jessica's sake. But when Jessica went to Harvey with that wine and she's all "I'm putting my anger aside," I was honestly thinking, 'Why is she angry?' -_-;;;;; (I know).

That aside, I was so excited in that last scene with Harvey and Donna's interaction - I thought something exciting was going to happen... instead Harvey tells Donna she can "keep the car." Then I got super excited cos for a moment I thought he meant she could literally keep the Lexus since she's been through hell lately. Lol. I'm so retarded when I watch Suits.
Flag
My thoughts: Suits has really come around in putting shades of gray into everything that's black and white, and vice versa. I am VERY disappointed that Darby ended up getting booted out of the firm he helped save, and that we saw wise Jessica of season 1 throughout most of the episode, until her inner Petty Jessica reared its ugly head and decided that she still wanted (in Emperor Palpatine voice) UNLIMITED POWWWAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Let's take a look at Darby vs Jessica's other partner, Hardman. Hardman was a backstabber who framed Harvey and used that to get Donna fired and wrestle control away from Jessica. After he was defeated, he then had Jessica sign a confidentiality agreement that tied Jessica's hands when she normally had a solid case against Hardman's client, and he rubbed it in her face the entire time. Darby agreed to help HARVEY take down Jessica but really made no effort in holding up his end of the bargain. He assigned Harvey and Mike to defend a very arrogant (but innocent) woman, and the real murderer, although working for him, never said to his face that he did it. Darby wasn't nearly as bad as Hardman was, so I see Jessica as essentially biting the hand that fed her, cause without Darby, Hardman would've won!

Harvey is again back as Lawyer-Jesus. It seems that the man CANNOT LOSE! Even his first real loss, failing to prevent the Pearson/Darby merger, has now become a victory now that Jessica's kicked Darby out of the firm but kept all his money. I'm assuming she'll erase his name and it'll now become Pearson-Specter, just like he always wanted. We can't have Harvey lose and bring him down to Earth, oh no, cause when he does lose he never learns his lesson and lashes out at everyone. Please PLEASE Suits, find a way to make Harvey's ego deflate. It was big enough to fill a stadium in the first season, but now it's got its own moons orbiting around it. (though, to be honest, we do see Harvey genuinely apologize this episode... Harvey only apologized ONCE before.)

Mike's still an idiot, but it was good seeing him getting shredded by Harold. Though Harold should have known that, under Louis at least, he was a woefully incompetent associate, and Mike knew that he absolutely could not take the deal that Louis gave him because he knew Harold would screw something up by the time Mike got back to the elevator.

Louis... My poor poor Louis. He got back his associates by giving back a cat that didn't even belong to him in the first place. I can see him getting back into drill sergeant mode, but why decide to take all his anger out on a guy who doesn't even work there. And why is he even angry? His associates are his life, and he got them back. Is he angry that he had to give a cat back? If he wanted a cat to replace his dearly departed Bruno, there's always an ANIMAL SHELTER! He could've just gone there after the mock trial was over and got a girl kitty of his own. He treats cats like royalty, so you know the kitty would be in good hands. This whole episode just made Louis look like the a-hole he was back in season 1, and he was supposed to have evolved from that. Thank god Rachel was there to reel him back in. AND WHERE IS KATRINA?

Donna... seriously Donna, enough with looking sad and pining after Harvey. Stephen was a douche, but there are at least two great guys in New York. Either go get a real romantic interest or show up at Harvey's doorstep wearing just an overcoat and a whip cream bikini.

Overall, despite some GREAT acting by Darby and Ava's actors, this episode frustrates me to no end because it erases EVERYTHING that was built up last season and this season. We're back to season 1 again: Jessica has absolute power, she and Harvey are homies, Harvey wins everything and has an ego the size of Jupitor, Mike works for Harvey and will do anything for him, Louis is a comedic dick, and Donna secretly is in love with her boss. All we need is Mike banging Katrina while Rachel enters the room and BOOM, everything's reset to factory settings.
More+
Flag
Awesome comment. Just awesome all the way around.

-I love Harvey, but I'm soooooo sick of his Lawyer Jesus shtick too. He's not always right. He shouldn't always win. And he does need to be humbled a bit more. It used to be that he had Jessica, occasionally Donna, and sometimes Mike to balance that out, give him a reality check, ground him a bit. He hasn't even had that since he's been pissed at Jessica most of the season, and Donna has suddenly allowed her loyalty to Harvey and love for him keep her from being honest the way she needs too, and Mike just spends his time kissing Harvey's ass now. More than ever.

-I was glad to see Season One Jessica again. I like Jessica. Jessica in season one was a great character. In season two, they developed her more but didn't seem to know what direction to take with her, and she was sort of all over the place. But at least the Hardman stuff made sense, and the fact that she was still reeling from the Mike revelation in addition to the Hardman stuff, it all made sense. This season, I don't even...I don't know. I feel like they trip over themselves when trying to figure out how to write for her and Louis.

-Mike is an idiot, and it was in fact great to see Harold shred him. If only because it's great seeing Harold with a backbone, and I miss the days when Mike was confident but humble instead of arrogant mini-Harvey. Remember when he had an ounce of respect for authority? When he was confident but not cocky in his abilities? I liked watching him try to find his footing in the law firm. Now we have a second year associate (who technically shouldn't be an associate) walking around as if he's one of the senior partners. I find his blatant disrespect of Louis and Jessica's authority this season gross. You don't have to like your superiors but you respect their position. He totally dissed Louis in ways that exceed his issues with Louis in the first season and a half. His being pissed at Jessica, has had him overstepping his bounds in ways I wouldn't even dream of, because no matter what she's done to him, it isn't his place to say and do some of the things that he does. He went from being iffy to having zero respect whatsoever for the hierarchy and if no one else can get away with that than he sure as hell shouldn't.

-I feel like they don't even know what to do with Louis. It's frustrating to watch. He was probably the character that evolved the most, and now he's just there, receiving busy work in an episode just so we can see him. I do look forward to next week though, if only for his overt display of giddiness over the idea of finally being in one of the plans with the "cool" kids.

-Donna loses her awesome when she's pining after Harvey, and she's spent a good season and a half doing that. I hate it. Personally, I'm not a Donna and Harvey shipper, because WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST BE FREAKING FRIENDS?!!!!!! I love her being loyal. I get that. I really do. But the other stuff, the fact that she lets him interfere with her having relationships, the fact that she spends so much time pining after him, that makes her a sad character. Donna should never be a sad character. Her entire existence shouldn't revolve around Harvey. Just like Rachel's shouldn't revolve around Mike. I miss when Donna was her own character.

-Yup. Complete reset. You don't build up so much and than have an instant reset like that. It's a cheap ploy at best. Where is the character growth?
More +
Flag
I agree with you- I don't want Harvey and Donna together. It was great in Season 1 when Donna wasn't pining after him.
Flag
I still don't know a word to that song even after three seasons.
Flag
Everybody wanna know how it feels
Everybody wanna see what it's like
*something something*
Me and the missus so busy making money
All this time imagine this
The Greenback boogie

I think
Flag
I got: "See the money, wanna stay - for your meals, get another piece of pie, for your wife -gibberish- and then ahaha, the Greenback Boogie"
Flag
I like the swear words. I can understand that.
Flag
"Get another piece of pie - for your wife - somethingsomethingsomething something busy busy something alright... Ahhnahnah nahnahnah nah.... The Greenback Boogie"

That's all I know o_o;;
Flag
"...the motherf*cking boogie"

It was on YouTube ^_^
Flag
The full song has words that you can hear and understand in some parts. In other parts you can read along and still not hear the English language.
Flag
Last 3 episodes have improved alot, still not the great show it was last season. Episode 10 is coming and thank god Network premieres are coming because if shows keep dragging on like Suits this season I will be praying for more CSI.

(I don't watch CSI)
Flag
I thought it was pretty boring overall. I didn't like the way they ended the main plot(s), mainly because it was typical USA Network stuff. I was kind of hoping and maybe expecting it to be a bit different this time around, but nope, it was just a the-main-gang-work-together-to-rid-of-outsiders and everything-is-okay-again thing yet again. I need to stop expecting USA shows to grow.
Flag
This weeks MVP, as always, is Louis. He's a quality character. Also he's the only thing making Rachel remotely relevent.
Flag
I guess I shouldn't still be surprised when lawyers act unethically, but I always am.

I like how they let the secretary fire the attorney.
Flag
I think I liked last episode better, mainly because you know, Harvey-Steven fight... Yet, I'm also extremely relieved to see that the Ava case is officially over. And it was actually quite fan to see all kinds of comments about how Catelyn Stark slapped Varys. It was also touching to see Darby's devotion to Ava. The Jessica-Harvey move that does not allow him to practice law in USA though was a blow under the belt. I actually liked Louis' story line. All these little things show us things that make the characters more human. Louis admitted a story from school that explains a lot about his character. He is mean to people, because people have been mean to him and because he doesn't want to loose. And I also like his friendly encounters with Rachel much more than I enjoy her romantic encounters with Mike. Donna, I think, had her closure. Harvey made sure she got it. I liked who Harvey responded to her on the first scene. And I totally agree with the get it done already part. I cannot tell whether they will take them down this road or not, but it sure will be fun to see them explore this forbidden ground. And in the final scene, that I did not totally comprehend, I was expecting something more. A hug probably, without it being necessarily romantic. At the end of the day they are friends for 10 years, they have been through a lot and a hug is a very good relief.
More+
Flag
Even though Harvey denied it at the beginning of this episode, it was very obvious that Stephen's beatdown was not about the murders, but about Donna.

And even though Harvey cut her off, Donna was trying to say that she was most upset about not knowing, because she's Donna, and Donna knows everything.

So I guess what we're trying to say is...Donna > murder?
Flag
It was a solid episode - you could see Darby being screwed a few weeks ago (i think i predicted almost exactly how it would go down last week, except i thought Ava would go with Jessica and Harvey).
The firm being under threat/in need of a merger angles has to stop, they havent really gone anywhere and unless Harvey is going to set up his own firm it never will.

MVP for me was Lou......nope.....Harold!!
Flag
What, Harvey and Jessica worked together to screw Darby out of the firm? I never would have guessed that publicly FIVE WEEKS AGO.

This episode did nothing for me, it was fine but not outstanding and nobody really got to do anything big this time around. We didn't get Ava's reaction to the news, we didn't get any comeuppance for her, we didn't really care enough about Darby to enjoy watching him fall on his sword.

Harold vs Louis was an interesting exercise that ultimately required Donna Jr. attention, but it wasn't fun to watch Harold try to climb revenge mountain and slip off over and over.
Flag
AS for Harold.. It was funny once when Louis showed up at his office, but repeatedly was overboard. The use of Harold has not been thought out and they used him to only make fun of him. I wonder if the writers on this show are already out of ideas.
Flag
The Ava and Darby storylines went nowhere the whole season. They just tried to use the actors to get ratings rather than produce a good story.
Flag
I would argue it did drive the season, but it didn't really have teeth, it limped into every storyline. Also, Pearson Someguy isn't a criminal defense firm, it always feels out of place to go from billion dollar deals to jailtime.

I forgot, this was the first real Louis total overboard moment of the season. I think the contrast of Harold against Mike and Louis was more than making fun though, it was showing how different characters grow differently. It is out of control though, and repetitive, but at long last justified.

Flag
This episode was a plain "reset"... the writers just got bored.
Flag
A top notch lawyer sleeping with the secretary, that's so cliche (yawn). But a night out at Plato's with Donna, Mike, Rachel, Harvey, Louis and his cat might be interesting.
Flag
I love this series to death.. I really wish for 4th season..
Flag
I hope that in the 4th season, they at least put visuals of the other 4 series regulars in the opening.

Unless they go the route of other USA shows (specifically Royal Pains and Covert Affairs) and cut the opening altogether.
Flag
It is a shame we do not care about Ava anymore as all she has been doing for several episodes is stroll in and out of offices in exceptionally well tailored outfits scowling / growling at her lawyers. But it was satisfying to have Stephen arrested even if it sounds rather implausible that 1) Darby would take such a risk (in spite of the closet story he over-shared) and 2) Donna would be allowed to 'arrest' Stephen herself? Still, nice satisfying scenes and hopefully now we move onto a more interesting case (please!!!!). Oh and it was nice to see Cameron as a guy who wants to put bad guys away, even if his methods are a bit dirty at times...

I am not sure what happened between Louis, Harold and Rachel and I did not care at all about that either.
Flag
"You know what? I'll give you 9, because it's meaningless and I want it to tell all the other paragraphs out there, what happens when Harold Gunderson goes after Louis Litt."
Flag
Absolutely loved it! Harvey will never back down, even when he's taking a beating. Go Team-Specter
Flag
Where are you located? I thought Suits came on at 10pm and at 10:15 you have already watched it?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members