A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

USA has renewed Suits for a fifth season, TV.com has learned.

Season 5 of the hit drama will consist of 16 episodes and will premiere next summer. 

"Suits continues to fire on all cylinders, delivering provocative storytelling and complex characters that viewers can’t get enough of,” USA President Chris McCumber said in a statement. “With some of the best writing on television, and a brilliant ensemble cast, we anticipate a spectacular fifth season for a series that has become a marquee property for USA.”

Suits, which saw Mike (Patrick J. Adams) temporarily leave Pearson Specter for investment banking this season, will wrap its summer run next week. Season 4's remaining six episodes have yet to be scheduled.

Are you excited for more Pearson Specter shenanigans?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/14/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

48 Comments
Comments (48)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
cannot wait for the next season &3
Flag
kick ass male and female leads to a great show :)
Flag
thums up!
Flag
Great news!
Flag
please cut off the Rachel character, bogs down the entire story.
Flag
season 4 sucks !
Flag
Not a surprise since Suits is one of the handful of shows on USA doing OK at present. I stopped watching Suitslast season but if Rachel (and her paradoxically as pointless as irritating plot lines) are gone, I may get back to it because frankly there is a dearth of good TV in summer...
Flag
So Suits was green-Litt for another season?

Cool :-)
Flag
This is much better news than the death of Robin Williams

Flag
Excited, indeed. Best news of the day so far.
Flag
Hell Yes!!!!
Flag
This show has become unwatchable for me.
Flag
The sad thing I'm getting there. They keep doing the sam old things over and over, drives me nuts.
Flag
"complex characters that viewers can’t get enough of"

I understand the guy has to do some PR, but does he have to be so obvious about having taken a giant gulp of the company's cool-aid before doing the press release?
Flag
Yeah lol.
Flag
good news. But the show needs to restablish what made it special. Mike's ability to remember anything! I think it has only been useful once at most this season so far. It is the hook of the series, not even the whole "fake lawyer" thing is, its Mike's mind. So cut out a bit of the drama between Mike and Rachel and focus on the law and Mike using his abilities to impact cases. Those were the most enjoyable episodes in the first two seasons. I still LOVE Suits, but they are forgetting what made them popular. Nobody cares about Rachel Zane, and who Mike ends up with honestly. They did better with more law this season, but they can still do better.
Flag
I wouldn't call Mike's memory the CORE focus of the show.

But it was a plot device that made him special and WAS used often to show why he was so special.

Then again lately he's just full of "fail" professionally. He hardly won any battles during his short tenure as a banker, just barely scraping by on some minor skirmishes with Harvey.

I imagine that a banker is less about knowing things such as precedent and flat-out crafting sneaky strategies. Mike is great combining those two... but perhaps without the foundation he's not as great.
Flag
Yay more Donna pls. She rocks!!
Flag
I wish they would just run through the entire season and be done with it. Why take a stupid long break for just 6 episodes left, then come back after about a month to start the next season???
Flag
Agreed, but AMC and USA seem pretty much hooked on that model now. More's the pity.

Flag
The scifi channel evented that method of screwing the TV viewer.
Flag
yes now. i am happy
Flag
Thanks for the Season 4 spoiler.
Flag
As long as they bring Amy along for the ride I am down. She would point out Rachel's crap to Mike. I would say Katrina could fill in that role, but I believe the actress is going to SciFi with 12 Monkeys. Which istoo bad because I like Katrina and Louis.
Flag
Yay! More Donna!
Flag
droool
Flag
Suits is one of my favorites on USA.. but I hope they can fix how the show has become too soapy for it's own good, the first two or three seasons were really good, but after that they've barely had anything to do with legal issues, just stupid petty things.
Flag
I dunno, this stuff with Rachel is really bringing the show to its knees, and there isn't any legal stuff going on really, they aren't lawyers much anymore. If that can be addressed, I definitely will look forward to another season, but if not, I might be walking.
Flag
It makes me do this ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz while watching.
Flag
So this season Louis finds out that Mike is not really a lawyer, but keeps his mouth shut due to his misdeeds that everyone else helps cover up and somewhat due to his admiration of Mike's abilities. Next season, someone else finds out, though I don't know anybody else in the firm beside Mike, Harvey, Donna, Rachel, Jessica, & Louis, so maybe they'll introduce someone to learn Mike's secret. Eventually someone will mention that Norma knows.
Flag
Now if only they tone down the relationship drama and focus more on the individual characters and the firm as a whole.. I think Donna is one of the better characters and her arc should be explored a little more in depth.. she is better than a side character as far as I'm concerned...
Also, please make Rachel a recurring character who quite frankly has been getting on my nerves slowly but steadily ( probably because her character has bee made a little dumb and mostly about romance ) and give Katrina a bit more screen time...her dynamic with Louis is fascinating...

I know the odds of all this happening are not very likely, but that's what could make season 5 better than the last 2 seasons in my honest opinion.
Flag
It is possible that with Mike taking her back, they put in a neat twist and she gets hit by a bus as they leave to go home.

Poor Rachel. I'll take her in.
Flag
Wait your turn
Flag
“With some of the best writing on television, and a brilliant ensemble cast, PLUS THE CHARACTER OF RACHEL, we anticipate a spectacular fifth season for a series that has become a marquee property for USA."

There, fixed that for you.

Flag
exactly, I guess Rachel as a character is one of the worst in television history...
Flag
Not really, initially she was great and then when she got with Mike she declined steadily.
Flag
No she turned stupid the moment she got with Mike.
Flag
I beg to differ.. but I've found her character a very boring and stale one from the very 1st episode...and actually Meghan Markle is not that great an actress herself so that could have something to do with it...
Flag
Fair enough. I thought initially she was decent. But you are correct in the cast she is the weakest of them all.
Flag
More Suits? Yes, please! Awesome news.

Though, it would've been pretty funny if Chris McCumber said this instead:
"Suits continues to fire on all cylinders, delivering provocative storytelling and complex characters that viewers can’t get enough of... except for that whole Mike and Rachel thing.”
Flag
But I can't wait to see what happens with Mike and Rachel's relationship over the next year.
Flag
ZZZZZZZZzzzz is it over yet?
Flag
You beat me to it, but that didn't stop me from doing my own version of it. ;-)

Flag
Haha, nice. I don't actually hate Rachel though. I'm just not a fan of how this show attempts to portray romance.

I mean, the only couple I've actually liked so far was Louis and Sheila; however, that was mainly because of the comedic relief they provided rather than their actual romance (though their break-up did get me right in the feels).
Flag
Like so many others, I liked (well, kinda sorta liked) S1 Rachel, Even though she's always been my least favorite cast member by far, I could at least tolerate her then. Smart, capable, even slightly sassy Rachel. But the useless, weepy, milquetoast Rachel of the later seasons absolutely grinds the show to a thudding halt for me.
Flag
They do oversell it with that statement. It used to be a great show, and it's merely watchable now.
Flag
It's *barely watchable now.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members