A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S04E08: "Exposure"

"Honesty is the best policy," or so the saying goes, but judging by Suits' fourth season, it seems that the truth is far from setting anyone free. "Exposure" found Rachel and Mike still on the outs and Louis still frantic to keep his deal with Forstman a secret. While Rachel's brutal dose of the truth concerning that time she totally walked in on Mike and Tess doing it ultimately brought the quarreling couple closer(ish), something tells me Louis's decision to tell Jessica about his trouble with Forstman isn't going to work out so well—though kudos for not dragging the Louis vs. Everybody story out until the mid-season finale, show.

And that very finale is fast approaching! With only two episodes left until hiatus and the Gillis storyline mostly wrapped up, it looks like Pearson Specter vs. the SEC is going to be the main attraction from here on out. Convinced that they have nothing to hide (for once), MIke encouraged Harvey and Jessica to let Sean Cahill have the freaking Gillis files—to let them have all the files—to even have a giant cake made out of all the totally-legit-and-definitely-not-questionable-in-any-way files. 

Of course, we all know that while Mike and Harvey have nothing to hide, that doesn't mean that the entire firm is in the clear. Poor Louis. He's never playing big damn hero again. 

Louis's progression from Sometimes Villain to Mostly Hero has taken up a large part of his character arc, and in a way, Louis has shown more growth than MIke, Harvey, or anyone else. This current storyline simply wouldn't've worked in Suits' earlier seasons. We needed to see Louis come so far in order for his potential fall to be that much more poignant; it would've been hard to care about Louis's problems back when he was mostly on this show to terrorize Mike. 

Mike and Rachel spent most of this episode being utter children about their not-a-break-up, as Rachel did the "clingy girlfriend" thing and Mike acted like she'd slept with every ex she'd ever had. To be fair, both Mike and Rachel were insufferable and annoying in "Exposure," but even though their storyline is one that no one in my house particularly cares about, lines were drawn and it was interesting to see who took Mike's side and who took Rachel's. While the two of us agreed that Mike and Rachel are the actual worst, I argued that Mike was being excessively dramatic, and it's not like Rachel actually cheated and it's not like she lied or hid it from him. My handsomer half backed Mike, because Rachel was being really annoying and needed to just leave him alone for like 10 seconds. Did you have similar divisions among your co-watchers? 

Suits is gearing up for a serious shakedown, as things are looking increasingly bad for Louis—and really the entire firm by extension. Something tells me that Louis will find a way to shoulder the brunt of the fallout once Cahill inevitably stumbles across the papers that Forstman the Hilariously Evil Bad Guy made him sign, sparing the firm as much punishment as possible. For the first time in awhile, I'm finding myself actually concerned for Pearson Specter and its employees as they face their latest onslaught from a deranged enemy. For once, they actually didn't do anything wrong or questionable. For once, telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth actually seemed like the best possible idea... until it wasn't. 

NOTES

– I love that the "Litt up" mugs are still a thing. 

Of course Mike gets Harvey's old office. Of course he does. 

– Katrina's loyalty to Louis is the cutest thing ever. 

– I may have cheered when Rachel brought up Mike banging Tess. YEAH GIRL. 

– Whose side are you on, Mike's or Rachel's?

– Do you think Donna really had a date? I mean, she blew it off pretty fast once word came down about how much trouble Louis was in. We know that she and Harvey are much more complicated than she claims. It just seemed a little odd. 

– How do you think Pearson Specter is going to get out of this one?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/27/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 4

116 Comments
Comments (116)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I like the series overall but am bored and annoyed with Mike and Rachel. ''OMG, you KISSED him? You kissed Logan? Well, that's it I'm leaving! '' What a schoolboy. Never thought either of them were the right pick for the part. Annoying as it can get. I like the dirty dogs better than those two whimpie slobbering self centered creatures. And I am beginning to really like Litt. At least he has an interesting character and not luke warm porridge.
Flag
I have enjoyed this series for the most part. I wish the writers would stop the excessive use of G--Damn and S---t. I know I am probably in the minority but it bothers me so much that everyone in the cast uses this language all the time.
Flag
Except when the S-word is being used Wire-style, of course. That rocks!
Flag
yeah, it's not a lawyer's behaviour
Flag
Mike's "entitled to everything" attitude is getting super annoying and I wish Harvey and Jessica and Rachel and Louis would stop cuddling him and feeding his ego. Rachel has everything going for her and should have her sights set on someone WAAAAY better. Seeing her have to beg this POS for forgiveness was horrible.

Seeing Harvey and Louis going around Jessica's back is horrible. He's the worse character on the show, easily. I was so happy when he went off to be a banker cause I'd thought he'd be reduced to reoccuring status, but it's like, he got even more screen time
Flag
Uhm...When Tess happened, Rachel and Mike weren't an item. Why is she insisting on being so bloody annoying?
Flag
Everything that made Suits so great in the past is gone now.

After this episode, I've decided to stop watching. And this has been one of my favorite shows until this season, it's THAT bad now.
Flag
Well, I think most of us are not really that interested in the current Rachel/Mike arc, so do what Mike asked for, and take some time off of it.
I would like to see more of Louis and Harvey. Now, that Louis is a more sympathetic character and he has revealed that under all his pompousness is a man who wants desperately to be part of the gang and not the lonely; hated outsider. I think Louis and Harvey need a bromance, Harvey is definitely playing hard to get. Mike is the kid with two dads now, he owes Louis a lot for getting him his job back and Louis gave up a lot to do it. Mike will always be loyal to Harvey, but he should be helping Louis out too.
Flag
How do you squander so much potential Suits? I feel like you can teach a master class at it without breaking a sweat.

Exhibit A:
Mike has always been too vulnerable, and too hung up on his past; it's basically his one weakness and this season saw the perfect opportunity to explore what happens when a decent man with a brilliant mind and nothing to lose goes to the other side under the tutelage of real piece of work like Forstman. But does Suits think that might be a good story to tell? Hell no, let's get more whining out of Mike, because that's apparently his niche on this show. Baby Harvey my ass.

Exhibit B:
Almost without trying the show introduced the strong, intelligent and opinionated Amy and thrust her in close proximity to Mike at a time when he should have been reevaluating his relationship to Rachel. And what's so special about that relationship anyway? It's not destiny, hell it's not even fun to watch. Rachel is a spoiled rich girl with an inferiority complex who manipulates, bullies or outright cries into oblivion everyone in her life. But did Suits think that perhaps Mike and Amy might make a couple with a story worth telling? Or at least explore their chemistry? Nope.

Exhibit C:
What has happened to the promise of this season? Shaking things up between Harvey and Mike; each learning to adjust to changing circumstance, finding themselves on opposite sides and vying to see if the student might not become the master. It lasted all of 6 episodes out of an already short 16 episode season. That's less than half guys. For shame.
More+
Flag
I'm so done with Mike/Rachel. The writers want us to believe that they are some kind of star-crossed lovers who are destined by the universe to be together and I'm sorry, THEY'RE NOT. Nobody's cares that much. TRUST, I'll take nope for 200, Alex. Straight up don't care.

I'm irritated that Mike took her back so quickly. I hate that the writers basically had Rachel tell him "Look, you're never gonna forget it, so you need to just forgive me already and if you're not gonna forgive me right now, immediately, asap, even though it's only been .25 seconds since it happened, let me know." Girl, bye! That's bs. She's acting like him requesting time and space is unfair and unreasonable. I hate that! He has every right to ask for space. She is completely ignoring his request and basically told him "yea, whatever, I felt the same with your ex girlfriend so forgive me right now or we're done for good." Give him time and space! As a matter of fact, give him the same time and space YOU asked for and demanded he respect when there was the drama between him and his ex. Bye, Felicia! Thirst bucket.
More+
Flag
Hard to give someone their space when they work in the same office, don't you think? I do agree she should have chilled but he never really let her talk and I think there is misunderstanding about what actually happened...I don't think she ever said it was just a kiss and then I booked. Naturally, he will think the worst. That is played up for drama's sake, naturally, but honestly, make characters communicate better. It's unrealistic.
Lol at "nope for 200, Alex. Straight up don't care." HIGHlarious.
Flag
I can partially agree with the statement that it's hard to give someone space when they work in the same office but the problem is that A. she made no attempt to give him space or time. She was on Mike like white on rice and sought him out like a fly on some moldy bread and went so far as to LIE to him telling him that Harvey sent her to come work with him on the case. That is her not being able to control herself and going out of her way to completely ignore the space Mike asked for, and completely ignoring Donna's suggestion to give it time. B. that office is gigantic, there is plenty of space to avoid someone if you really want to. And true, he never really gave her time to talk about it but he's not required to let her talk about it immediately. It's not uncommon for people to not wanna talk about something as soon as it happens, its perfectly ok to need some time to get your emotions in order. But she had zero respect for his wishes and zero respect for the fact that he was hurt and needed time to get past that before he could talk about it. SHE wronged HIM and therefore SHE needs to wait until HE'S ready. She wants to wrong him and then hash it out on her terms. No, boo. You did wrong and just cuz you feel guilty does not mean you get to try and force him to talk about it when he's not ready. He was still pissed cuz it had only happened like half a second before, she never gave him the opportunity to cool down. Trying to force someone to talk when they're not ready is the fastest way to get your feelings hurt because they are pissed and emotional and liable to say something hurtful out of anger and now you're standing there looking stupid and acting confused like you don't understand why they just tapped danced on your feeling and ground them into dust, whereas if you had allowed them time to get their emotions in check they would have been in a better place and less likely to say hurtful things.
More +
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I hate that Rachel/Mike is devouring this show, we viewers should sue the producers for injuries sustained from excessive eye-rolling.
Flag
Sorry, but everything--everything--that made this show fun for 3 years is utterly gone. The witty banter, repartee--all gone. The Rachel character is "me, me, me me" and I want to throttle her. All the women, in fact, have been effectively femi-castrated; Rachel has gone from being smart and with-it in the first season to a clingy 12-year old Tween in this one; we're actively hoping that Mike bones Katrina and that Rachel jumps off the nearest tall building (not that Mike is a lot less boring, mind you).

Jessica goes from successful career woman, owning her own firm, to hiring a guy she's sleeping with AND letting him back-talk her. ("I'm not just ANY partner." Oh, yeah, bub? you would be at my firm, no matter who you're sleeping with.) Donna has that idiotic blubbery scene with Louis, about her off-off-off-Broadway part, and Katrina is a permanent backup singer for Louis. Did the real writers leave the show?

Where's the snappy patter? The pop-culture references? Why is Mike now an uber-loser? This guy has eidetic recall, but he can't put one lousy deal together as an "investment banker" without every swinging dick on the Street handing him his hat?

The whole show has tanked. I know that the ratings dropped precipitously in Season 3, but if they're not halved again now, I'll be shocked. I got interested in Suits via Amazon/Roku streaming, but I won't be coming back after tonight's episode. Louis is too pathetically eager for approval (uh...lawyer, right? Who gets sucked in to this BS?), Mike is just pathetic, Harvey is MIA, Jessica's been "domesticated," and Donna is also now just a secretary, nothing more. It's BOOOOOOORING, as well as annoying. And I won't mention the pretty endless legal mistakes that they make (and, yes: I'd know).

So sad, too bad. What was originally a great show with Thin Man overtones due to the repartee is now just another soapy, overwrought DUD.
More+
Flag
I agree with you on both counts. Rachel and Mike are an anchor now and Jessica just let that fart walk all over her. I hope she meant it when she said he was fired. She can find someone much better than than knuckle dragger woman you listen to ME!
Flag
Tell us how you really feel ClancyCat lol. I agree w/ur sentiment. S3 was the start of me cooling on this show for similar reasons. I tune in for Jessica-Gina crushes this role. Jessica gave this dynamic duo show a reasonable & much needed anchor. S3 they started changing her character seemingly to make Harvey look bigger. Didn't work for me. You couldn't tell what Jessica & Harvs relationship was. Sparks flew when they were within 10 ft of each other, it was interestingly fun to watch. Now, usually due to Harv, they are rarely in the same room together unless at each others' throats. Not saying they should be boo-ed up but non stop fighting takes the fun out of them. Harv has morphed into an irresponsible tantrum throwing hypocrite/bully & it's just not a good look. Harv & Donna should be sued if they use the words loyalty & betray after what Harv did in S3 & Donna knew it. And Donna - whatever Harv did to her that one hit & run night he should put in a bottle & sell it because she is still reeling from it. I'm not a Donna fan but let her have her dignity & move on from him already. It was at least 10-12 yrs ago (Suits time). Harv & Donna are a little long in the tooth for "will they won't they". Louis even though he goes from one extreme to the other is still good. Was hoping they would keep Mike outside the firm longer. I guess Mike's S3 finale speech "I'm tired of putting PS at risk was a my bad-I lied". Him telling Jessica PS is where he belongs-he belongs in jail or school to get his degrees (go online) lol . Jessica having a real conversation with Harvey about what he has done to her & the firm (hiring Mike the first time) among other things & the writers remembering/realizing that an important draw to this show was the strength of the women would help but not waiting for that one.
More +
Flag
It's a shame--a show with this much potential, and obviously, at one point in time at least, fabulous writers. But what the hell has happened? Did they bring in some fired writer from some defunct soap, and fire whomever it was that brought the snappy patter and the movie-dialogue exchanges?

I realize that the whole Harvey-Mike bromance had to move on, and that the situation with Mike/law school/Harvard had to be addressed, as obviously, he's dead-ended. But how many first-year associates go out into the Big World and do something remarkable (hint: almost none)? So, it was a pretty ludicrous effort in the first place. If Mike feels so stunted, then screw it, get your damn law degree at night (with Eidetic recall, he could be done in a few years, NBD). In another state, he could actually Read Law (that's essentially what he's doing with Harvey; it's an apprenticeship instead of a law degree, and before anyone pooh-poohs the idea, several of our Supreme Court Justices, even some in the 20th Century, became practicing lawyers that way). And then take the damned Bar! It's not that big of a deal, given the premise. (There is an issue, in NY, particularly, in which yes: notice would be posted, so somehow, it would have to occur outside of NY. Then the worst thing that they could have done would be NOT getting him licensed IN NY. Sort of. Other complications, but hell, I could write a whole damn season just around THAT plotline!)

And there are many, many other directions this show could have taken. Why not drive it in the legal-mystery zone? Instead of the soap zone? Mike and Harvey solve (some type of white collar) mysteries, instead of this drivel? I don't think I have another episode of interest in me. It's just...sucked the enthusiasm right out of me.

I realize that most shows CAN'T be The Wire, which was bloody brilliant. But honestly, it's like they took this show and wrung its neck before S4 started. Sorry, writers, but...you've lost your way. Or your best writer. Don't know which it is, but get your s**t together.
More +
Flag
Wow hard to argue against any of those points, I find it amazing that they can add McDonaugh, Woodside and Roberts to a season and still make it less interesting or tense than other seasons. I'll still have to continue to watch but I never thought I'd say I miss Hartman, that guy was like the all the SEC's, Hessington Oils and Forstmans rolled into one villain who at times even convinced with his repentence and logical arguments.
Flag
Hartman was an absolutely wonderful character. I hope he comes back in some form.
Flag
I really miss "Suits," the original series. The Nick-and-Nora patter, the whole bit. When the season ended (the big mid-season end, whatever they call it), I was actually relieved. RELIEVED. Like having a bad tooth pulled; the pain was over. That says more than anything I can say about it.

The Thrill is Gone, as they say. They had so many different ways that they could have breathed life back into this series, and instead of intelligence, they decided to go soapy (for what reason? does anyone have ANY idea why they would do that?)? To get whom, little girls to watch? So that RRRR-Rachel can have a not-fling and then whine about it for episode after episode? O.M.G.

At this point, I'm ready to call the SEC on them MYSELF. And nuking Louis? Who was practically the best thing about S4? Hell, the ONLY thing?

Sad, sad sad. SAD.
Flag
I rank this season higher than Season 3, but only marginally.. but that season did have Michelle Fairley in a fairly prominent role so it almost evens out for me...
2&1&3=4
Flag
Let me put this in caps: MIKE WAS NOT WITH RACHEL WHEN HE SLEPT WITH TESS, IN FACT RACHEL BLEW MIKE OFF AT THE TIME.
Flag
Rachel's a self absorbed dumbass like her Mikey and apparently the continuity writing team are vying for that dumbassery too. What have they done with the show! argh.
Flag
Now you know why I'm considering of opting out of season 5 :(
Flag
WORD!!!
Flag
Indeed!
Flag
Damn it Rachel, you're so annoying!! Even though her strategy finally paid off, I was so annoyed by it! I don't understand why she brought up the Tess thing. She sure as hell got hurt but they weren't even dating and she had turned him down right before that, he's allowed to hook up with someone else then! And she never actually saw anything, she just saw Tess walking around in her underwear, so she made up "that image" as well! And Mike didn't even lie to her face about it and he didn't hook up with her enemy so, in my opinion, it's definitely not the same and I'm bummed that Mike fell for it so easy. I loved how he stood up to her during the episode. And what's up with that ultimatum?! You cheat AND you give an ultimatum?! Come on!!!

Katrina and Louis' duo is priceless, I just love how they work together. It might become as cute as Harvey and Donna in the future...or not! Those two are just the perfect not-couple on the show and I love how Harvey always looks at Donna with tenderness in his eyes, it's so cute!

I was glad to see the Harvey/Mike duo get back at it again and that Cahill tango was pretty entertaining. Finally a simple lawyer story :)
More+
Flag
Katrina looks so much like Nicole Kidman. I mean she is beautiful in her own way but I can't help thinking of Kidman, who I think is one of the all time beauties.
Flag
I thought this was a really good episode. I felt bad for everyone bc for the most part they were all doing the best they could. When it comes to mike and Rachel I'm on neither side. Mike was being an a** and Rachel was being silly (until the end). I'm glad they're back together but I know this won't be the last of their ridiculous back and forth. But more importantly, poor Louis
Flag
What a stupid episode. When Rachel said that she still had the image of Tess in her head and if he loves her more than he hates what she did, he should have told her they weren't together and be doesn't love girls who knowingly cheat on their boyfriends especially with a man she committed adultery with.
Flag
Maybe the writers should wear suits instead of skirts.
The Mike & Rachel Storyline was always bad and now it keeps getting worse.
This show doesn't need Romance. Apparently the network wants to attract female viewers.

Flag
That is a ridiculously sexist comment. Viewers hate silly characters no matter what their gender and writers wearing skirts or pants are both equally qualified to write compelling and not compelling TV.

I will agree with you in that Mike and Rachael have always been terrible.
Flag
We'll said.
And the network should figure out that the Mike & Rachel storyline is not what smart female viewers are going to be attracted to.
Flag
I had assumed Suits was always a lady's show based on the fashion and that Harvey is the pretties man on TV.
Flag
I like romance, when it's done well. Also, I find myself liking shows that use romance as kind of a backseat storyline (nowhere near as in your face as the Mike/Rachel stuff).

For some reason, shows were writers give you less romance always makes me want more. So, I could see Suits implementing romance in a decent manner, it's just that they'd need to change their formula up a bit.
Flag
Okay, so we have Harvey, Harvey Jr., Litt, Lady Litt, and Donna...when are we gonna get Donna Lite back?
Flag
Heheheheh. I miss Amy already. Heck, Amy would have solved Mike and Rachel's little fiasco pretty quick too (PhD in psych =P)
Flag
I stopped watching Suits, and then started again this season in the brief period of time in which Rachel and Mike were tolerable (i.e., just two people living together). Now this. I was actually really hoping got two things: a) that the show wouldn't make some lame excuse to get Mike back at the firm and b) that Rachel and Mike would just break up and that she would go for whats-his-face.
Flag
It's kind of impressive that Rachel is actually the least interesting person Mike has been romantically linked to through-out the series.
Flag
"Whose side are you on, Mike's or Rachel's?"
Neither. Both are annoying twats when they are together.

Team Louis all the way
Flag
Really liking the season so far. Though I still despise Jessica.
Flag
Really? Why is that?! I love her personnality, she can be so cold and vulnerable at the same time.
Flag
Her entire purpose on the show seems to be being a pain in the ass and mean. I understand why, of course, and I know she wouldn't be happy about Mike being back, it just comes across as wrong to me somehow, and I've never been able to get past it.
Flag
She's just the reasonable one! haha, she has to be otherwise everything would fall apart!
Flag
its part of her character to not be the friendliest. Remember back to past episodes where she explains that she can't be a pushover because she is one of the few women who run their own law firm. And shes African American as well. She probably feels a lot of responsibility and that she has to continuously prove herself. I get it though if you just dont like her character though. Sometimes shes does need to just lighten up.
Flag
Katrina's act of fraud for Louis to commit will result in him having to protect her whilst finding out (or is that oot) about Mike and then they all have to protect each other for the firm's sake and we get anther fucking season of Louis the catty bulldog chasing Mike's tale. And breath reader.
Donna so didn't have a date, she was trying to prove to herself that she isn't codependent on Harvey and his phallic basket balls.
Flag
We got some really good character development for Katrina in this episode. Her awkward hug with Mike was adorable, and her willingness to break the law to cover up Louis's illegal deal spoke volumes to her character. I know that she started working for Louis under the deal that he would be a stepping stone for what she really wanted (Senior Partner) but I think the two have just as strong of a bond now as Mike and Harvey do. I also like the fact that there is no sexual attraction between the two of them: Katrina hinted last episode that Louis was the perfect man and Louis told her to cut that out. I marvel at how well the writers made Katrina, and also at how THEY CAN'T SEEM TO DO THE SAME THING WITH RACHEL!!!

It's good to see Mike act like a lawyer again. I REALLY didn't like the path he was going as an investment banker, and I'm glad Louis was there to stop him from going down the most logical career path in working for Mr. Evil. (Seriously, Eric Roberts is just diabolical and seems to be having the time of his life hamming it up.) It was nice seeing the callback of the previous seasons by having Mike contemplate in the Bullpen, but I'm really glad they gave him an office. I liked the Bullpen because Mike constantly got picked on by the other associated (and usually put them in their place by episode's end) but since season 2 started those associates disappeared (well, except for Harold, but he got fired.) Can anyone even remember the name of the associate who went on a double date with Mike and Jenny just so he could screw with Mike? Didn't think so.

Jessica seems to have taken a step back into the "disapproving boss" mode she was in late season 2/late season 3. That's a bit of a shame. It was interesting seeing her with a personal storyline at last because she seems to be too much lawyer and not enough woman (the opposite of Rachel) and a personal relationship was refreshing. But nope, her lover got canned and she's once again the tough but fair boss. Though I must admit, the cliffhanger this episode was just as good as season 1's cliffhanger with Trevor approaching Jessica. (BTW, can we PLEASE bring Trevor back in PRESENT TIME since he was the only "Big Bad" to not get utterly vanquished by Mike and Harvey?)

Louis... this episode definitely belonged to Louis, even more than "Litt the Hell Up." His refusal to frame Harvey when given the opportunity spoke just as much as Katrina's willingness to create false documents for Louis. Every episode in season 4 seems to develop Louis more and more. He is jealous, emotional, petty, mean, but he also loves his friends, values his associates, and wants to be the superhero Harvey is. As much as I hate season 4 (mainly for Mike, Rachel, and Logan) I cannot dismiss it as the failure season 3A was because the writing for Louis's arc this season is absolutely PERFECT.

And Rachel... do I really need to say how grating she is? Seriously, if she got hit by a car in the episode where she went to the hospital and stayed there for the rest of the season, it would be INFINITELY better than her current story arc. Someone just toss her out a window and put her in a body cast. She's turned into an overly-emotional whiner and I haven't seen ANYTHING worth praising this season. At least last season she had the cat lawsuit and the scene where she convinces Jessica to pay for law school by using Harvey as exhibit A. Oh awesome, sassy Rachel from season 1, please come back!

Overall, 8 out of 10. Katrina and Louis carry the show now. If the show gets a season 5, please make Katrina not only a series regular but Mike's love interest. There's a spark there, and it's not forced like Mike and Rachel.
More+
Flag
Talk about getting back in form.. 1st 7 episodes on 1 side and this one on another... except for the Mike-Rachel romance BS ( it took the writers 1 episode to break them up and bring them back together, as lame a storyline as you can get ) this was as perfect a Suits episode...
Louis has been a pretty significant part of this season, and I would go to the extent of saying that he's been the most important part of this season....
The situation has been cruel on him but that's what makes his arc in this season that much more interesting...

Flag
Mike-Katrina is happening you heard here first.
Flag
I don't completely hate Rachel. As someone else pointed out, in Season 1 she was a super-paralegal and had some independence. But she has devolved. I still say that if she hadn't recovered from her fainting spell -- in effect had pulled a Mike's grandma -- this show would no longer feel bogged down and on perpetual pause. Logan? Gone. Mike's split priorities? Gone. Donna's split priorities? Gone. Rachel is the anchor that will not let the ship move. Just cut the anchor rope.
Flag
Poor Louis. I know he did something morally questionable but who hasn't on this show?

I adore his dynamic with Katrina. I despised her at first but she is one of my favourites now.

Ummm team Mike sort of? They are both wrong but Rachel using the Tess situation as an equivalent was stupid. If that is how she makes a case, she will be an awful lawyer. Mike was not in a relationship with her when the Tess thing happened(although they had feelings for one another). Her lapse came with a man she had previously helped commit adultery, who hates her boyfriend, while she was in a committed relationship with Mike. Even though the infraction was minor those other factors kind of make it a big deal.

As to Mike, I thought he was a jerk to Rachel. And while I think they should be together I loved the idea of them on a break. Rachel needs to focus on herself and her dreams as does Mike.

I don't know what to say about Donna save for the fact I hate that Harvey takes her for granted and I want her to build a life outside of the firm and Harvey.
More+
Flag
Just a day back at Pearson-Specter for Mike and things really heated up again.....

First with the SEC and the constant nagging of Cahill for the files that almost everyone knew that they have nothing to hide for once in this whole show

Next was with Rachel and the whole "I'm Sorry" thing and whats up with that she was the one giving the ultimatum when in fact she was the one who cheated on Mike by kissing Logan then told him the truth when he was just planning to start over again (wherein Donna explicitly told her not to do)

Liked the "Shiiiiiiiiiit" segment from Katrina and Mike (still hoping for an arc for them) now that Mike knows what Louis gave up for him what will he do to make it up for Louis now that Louis is in a predicament and i just loved Katrina showing again how loyal she is to Louis and that she would do anything in her power to help Louis

I really feel bad for Louis cause all he just wanted was to be recognized as a great lawyer that he is but by trying how Harvey operates it all backfires onto him and now he has a very big burden to hold

and also did we just got a glimpse of a Darvey arc coming sooner or later

The one thing i didn't liked in this episode was Jessica pushing away Mike where in the past has helped her a lot for what she wanted for the firm and just by being a b***h to Mike for his coming back
More+
Flag
I was hoping they would break up so that we could get get a storyline about Rachel doing her job and not worrying over Mike. I honest to God don't know why she was practically tailing him at work. Aside from respecting his wishes of needing space, have some dignity.For a firm filled with established cutthroat lawyers, they sure have a hard time separating business and personal life messes.
I don't think I'd dislike the whole Mike Rachel relationdhip if they gave Rachel some non romantic storylines like Mike has.
Flag
Do guys actually get that retarded about shit in their relationship? bloody hell, Mike is acting like a women on her period. Rachel's clingyness wasn't that bad. She should've just given Mike his space but hell, they work in the same office, what did he expect? She is a women after all, they don't know how to give men space. :P
Flag
Not sure how a man would feel, but if I were disgusted by something my boyfriend did and I explicitly tell him to give me space, that's because I don't want to look at his face until I can get over it. It's not all about him -- it's mostly that I can't get it out of my mind (what Mike was saying). If my boyfriend keeps tailing me and apologizing and giving me ultimatums, I would just a) ignore those ultimatums ("Don't you dare make me choose when I'm currently as upset as I am!"), or b) dump him. If he's as apologetic as he seems, he'll understand that I dumped him because he made me choose at a time when I'm most emotional. duh! What else am I supposed to do? I hate your guts at this moment and you make me choose? Stupid.

I don't understand how they wrote Mike in this episode at all. I wouldn't have done what he did. I wouldn't take someone back so soon.
Flag
If my girlfriend kissed an ex of hers, after telling me there was nothing going on between them... or just in general (lol), I'd dump her straight away. There would be none of this Mike bullshit, where you take them back the next day.

I mean, I can deal with my girlfriend having guy friends (obviously, because that's normal), and even being friends with ex's (my acceptance of this has more to do with who the ex is), but I can't deal with being lied to by someone I'm in a relationship with (cheating falls under lying, in my mind).
Flag
The fact that she confessed should be taken into consideration IMO
Flag
She confessed to ease herself of the guilt she was feeling. She didn't think about how it would affect Mike. It was a selfish move, not a selfless one.
Flag
Ugh, this is getting extremely repetitive. I am not speaking just of the series as a whole, but this season in general. I mean how many times do we need to see Harvey storm down the hall looking for Louis. In fact, how many freaking times this season does Louis need to go from savior to loser to savior, it is sad. He is a good guy and a laughable villain and it is just too repetitive.

Also, there are less consequences on this show then AHS season 3. Really, Mike was mad at Rachel for damn near a whole episode. I am surprised it went on that long. They really are the worst. At this point I hope they bring Sheila back, but the viewer needs a couple to root for because Mike and Rachel are not them. Rachel even killed the reveal that Donna and Harvey slept together. She killed it, she killed it with her personality. That is something that has been speculated about since the first episode and it was ruined by Rachel, twice.

And it keeps happening over and over and over. The writers of this show seem to be pathologically incapable of furthering their characters in anyway shape or form and bring them back to the same position over and over again. They are also getting predictable. Who didn't see the thing with Logan coming? Anyone?

And where the hell is Amy?! She better appear before the finale.

This show is becoming a chore to watch.
More+
Flag
I'm not sure where the writers are going with this. Do they really expect us to root for Mike and Rachel? Currently, they're the only main couple. How irritating. Someone should give the writers a message that we want a different main couple. I'd go with Louis and Sheila, as well. Or maybe finally give us a solid Harvey and Donna?
Flag
I think Harvey and Donna would be too much. I would like to see someone that could put Harvey in his place so to speak. I am not sure I can think of an actress that could do that.
Flag
Bringing Sheila back would be awesome! I loved her and Louis together.

If they brought her back, I think I could get over Surviving Jack being canceled (before you judge me, Meloni was hilarious in that).
Flag
I'm on the side of Mike and Rachel STFU'ing about Mike and Rachel.
Flag
MaryAnn was are this season's ratings looking like? With episodes like this one the show could start to tank.
Flag
Rachel was incredibly annoying in this episode. I groaned every time she appeared on screen. It feels unnatural that Mike goes back to her so quickly. The rest of the episode was pretty great and Katrina is amazing.
Flag
It's a perfect example of why Rachel was not in a relationship when she met Mike. She only cares about herself. Mike let her cheat and she will do it again. It really bothers me Rachel is allowed to behave this way and get off the hook.
Flag
Welp. I was wondering when someone would point out Mike's hypocrisy regarding cheating. Frankly, I think Donna should have been the one to coax it out of Rachel and stick Mike with it so we can see that she's perfect always, but the theme seems to be the kiddies getting their two higher-up pals together.

And the Rachel haters can go and eat a blueberry muffin. Happy Rachel radiates happiness to Mike and Donna, and by extension, Harvey. And those are the only four characters that matter. Jessica's just around to be a pointlessly contrarian pain in the ass to Harvey and puff up her HBIC feathers for no reason every so often, and Louis screws up so often that he's his own worst enemy.

One other tidbit: did Donna actually have a date? I highly doubt it. I just think that Rachel turned the spigot on the Darvey dry docked ship. And it will be glorious.
Flag
I don't hate Rachel... but I miss Season 1 Rachel where she was an independent and an awesome paralegal who talked a little sassy and put Mike in his place. Much like a young Donna (in a different job).

Now... so much of her story revolves around being "the girlfriend"

Prior to that it was "depressed because I didn't get into Harvard... and Mike lied"

But at one point, I liked her character a lot. And probably still would if they gave her something to do
Flag
Except the only reason she could do *that* was that Mike was a complete neophyte. Ever since then, Mike's grown in leaps and bounds because he has superhuman intellect, while Rachel merely makes the rest of the associates look like idiots.

As for giving her something to do...well, the question is *what*? To go off in cartoon world to have some silly little mock trial about a cat? Rachel is the only normal human being among a cast of lawyer batman, his genius sidekick, the HBIC, the resident next-to-psychic redhead (who, by the way, has had *no* independent story, ever, but everyone loves because she's an endless fount of zingers and witticisms), and Louis, who's his own show within a show.
Flag
Eye candy is a tough job.
Flag
Mike did not cheat on Rachel!! He cheated on Jenny. Mike was not with Rachel when he was fooling around with Tess.
Flag
Except for all the kissing he and Rachel shared over the first half of season 2. They weren't in bed with each other at that particular moment, but come on.
Flag
Let's just agree that Mike and Rachel are both hypocrites. The foundation for their relationship was based on lies and cheating. Mike cheated on Jenny with Rachel. Rachel knew this and willingly played "the other woman". (Mike did NOT cheat on Rachel with Tess). Therefore, their relationship was shitty to begin with. It's only a matter of time that all the cheating and lies caught up to them. Rachel cheating on Mike with Logan is essentially her telling him, "Well you knew I was willing to be a home-wrecker twice (poor Jenny and Logan's wife) so what did you expect? I have no integrity whatsoever so OF COURSE I would cheat on you too."

Mike being pissed off at her cheating is dumb because he's a cheat too. It's karma -- he got what he deserved.

This show can't write romance.
Flag
You can't hear it, but I'm actually clapping right now. :)

Your post is spot-on.

The part about not having well-written romance? I think that's true, for now; however, I think the writers could actually pull it off with another couple (whether they pair Mike with someone else, or if they focus on another already established romance) if they approach things differently... because this whole Rachel/Mike thing has been a disaster since the show's premiere.
Flag
If I considered every woman I've ever kissed a girlfriend, the number of ex-girlfriends I have would exponentially multiply. That's not how relationships work.

That being said, Mike made the decision to sleep with Tess when he was in a really, REALLY bad head-space. Not to mention he went to Rachel first, who he wanted to date (but wasn't). I'd also like to point out that after Mike and Tess broke things off, it wasn't like Mike and Rachel started dating immediately (after she got over the whole Tess thing, when they were with each other, I wouldn't consider that dating because Rachel was still hesitant to be with Mike because she knew he was keeping a "secret" from her).

Whereas, Rachel kissed Logan when they were A) living together and B) when thing were going good between the two of them.

I think Rachel's actions are worse. Cheating is cheating, and it doesn't matter if she slept with him or not. Especially because she told Mike that it "meant something" when he asked her about it.
Flag
@ilyakipnis5
Even if that was the case, when Mike went to Rachel after his grandma died she rejected him (because she thought it was a wise decision, at the time, to give Mike space to deal with his emotions). Can you see how that might make Mike (say that 10 times really fast) think they aren't dating? What with the woman he thinks he's finally hitting it off with giving him the cold-shoulder (from his POV) right after he lost the most important person to him in the world.

So, Mike went to Tess for comfort. Was it skeazy? Yes. Was it cheating? No.

Then, and this makes me laugh, Rachel showed up because she realized her forced distance idea was pretty much pointless. She realized that "time" and "place" don;t always matter if you really like a person. So, doesn't Rachel showing up to clarify her feelings (that she wanted to be with Mike) mean they actually weren't together at the time? Or, at least, that she understood MIke was probably confused about their current status?
Flag
Oh come on. You know I'm not just talking about the kisses, but about their whole dynamic prior to that point. They were definitely more than platonic colleagues by that point.
Flag
While I don't think Rachel is "the worst," I'm not a fan of her when she's with Mike. However, that's not why I'm responding to your post. I'm responding because if we're going to bring up Mike's "cheating" (it's in quotation marks for a reason, but I'll get to that), we should look at everything:

-Mike didn't cheat on Rachel, because they weren't technically together when he slept with Tess
-Mike was an emotional wreck when he got with Tess, because his grandmother had just passed. That decision had more to do with wanting immediate intimacy rather than choosing Tess over Rachel (who he went to first, but was rejected by)
-Rachel kissed Logan when things were going pretty well between her and Mike, without any kind of build-up that could explain to the audience why she did it
-Rachel then informed Mike, when she came clean, that the kiss actually meant something (at the time at least)

Anyway, I just wanted to point that stuff out, because I feel it matters.
Flag
Why does it matter? They both lost their heads. Mike for a protracted period of time, who had to get called out by Harvey, and Rachel for all of ten seconds, who spent the next week flagellating herself for it. The way I see it is, they were both flat in the wrong, they both hurt each other, and rather than argue about who had a right to do what, the circumstances surrounding the bad blood, the best thing to do is just to move past it.

I mean heck, also, if I were Mike? Considering he lost the merger to Logan, even after all he went through to try and save it, and even paid with his investment banking job, why in the heck, after hearing Logan's taunts, wouldn't he think "he wants me to ditch Rachel, so to give him the finger, I'm going to realize that I made a mistake with Tess, easily forgive her, treat her like an absolute princess afterwards, and have her show the selfies to him the next day in the office?"

For being such a smart guy, Mike sometimes does very dumb crap. Not that Rachel was a saint this season, either, but frankly, after the warmth and fuzziness that was the season 3 Mike/Rachel dynamic, I just want that back. That happiness was outright contagious.
More +
Flag
one of the best episodes of the season I think. For once it was hard to tell where the story was going. I love this Louis breaking the law storyline. Its out of character for him, and the situation really spices up these last few episodes. Katrina also very funny in this episode. I'm glad she was added to the show as a side character.

Mike and Rachel... oh boy Rachel. If this weren't a TV show, you would've been dumped a long time ago. She seriously cannot go a day without leaving Mike alone. She clearly doesnt love him and wants to be with Logan, but now she just feels bad for Mike and all. Its ridiculous. She is just so unlikeable. I wish they did break up so Rachel could finally be her own character, but looks like we have to endure more of this. Can't wait to find out what happens next week. And as someone else said, it looks like this storyline will lead to Loius learning about Mike. (Though i sort of liked Loius being the only main character not knowing).
Flag
"...one of the best episodes of the season..."

Yeah. Except, the problem is, that isn't hard when all the other episodes have been complete and utter crap. If we'd seen any of them in Seasons 1 or 2, we'd think that the writers went out on a boozer, lost their way to the office and the cleaning woman wrote the episode instead. We have low expectations with diminishing returns for this show, this season, because it's completely jumped the tracks. The male characters have all started to suck, and all the female characters have "been put in their place," each one becoming a little girl this year (Jessica, Donna and Rachel, all). It's pitiful to watch.
Flag
I feel like they don't fully or adequately explain why people like Sean keep coming after Pearson-(Hardman/Darby/Specter). They seem to come out of nowhere with a grudge and an overwhelming urge to sue or incriminate them.
Flag
It started last season. That US attorney that detained Mike and Harold (the red-headed screw-up) presumably because of the semi-illegal thing Mike and Harvey did to "pay off" witnesses to prevent them from coming to the US to testify. Though I imagine he had Harvey in his sights already.

We learn through some exposition that once that guy sets his sights on what he believes to be a corrupt attorney he never lets go. And that he just recently spent a couple of years focused entirely on taking out one such attorney which is why Harvey hadn't heard of him.

I believe the dialog at the beginning of this seasons suggests that Cahill is after them on that guy's behalf.
Flag
Yea. Harvey got the original guy fired, and now Cahill is coming after them on that guy's behalf (like you said).
Flag
Isaid again I WANT MIKE AND KATRINA... Ok no... katrina and I thats better!
Flag
Rachel gives Mike an ultimatum and he goes back to her? What planet are these two on? Granted if were Mike I'd go back to her ;) Logically speaking ultimatums kill relationships, nobody likes them. Katrina is becoming a favorite character of mine, she seems to care about Louis.
Flag
The best part of the whole confrontation, in my opinion, was that it took place almost less than 24 hours after Rachel confessed to cheating on Mike.

I mean, hahaha, that really cracked me up. It was probably the worst thing Rachel could have done, because Mike (keyword here) SHOULD have been a complete, emotional mess still. Especially after all the other shit that had happened to him (e.g. having Sidwell find out about the potential double-cross, losing Gillis his company, etc.)

...but this is Suits, and apparently Mike and Rachel are THE destine pair.
Flag
To sink the show! The more they are together the less I want to watch... Red flags everywhere!!
Flag
what kind of position does Rachel think she was in to just confront Mike like that and tell him to decide within a certain time? Shes the one who cheated, and now shes being rude and forcing him to make decisions, when he should be given space. And Rachel gave him NO space at all! Worse person to be in a relationship with. Things have to go her way, because only her feelings count... Ridiculous. mike dumb not to dump her.
Flag
The one that likes to be on top? ;)

It's kind of messed up Mike has no one left and I agree he should have her to fuck off.
Flag
To play devil's advocate, Rachel just didn't want to delay the inevitable. I mean, imagine if Mike decided he didn't love her more than he hated what she did? She would be waiting around for how long for him to make up his mind?

Personally, I thought that was kind of selfish of her; however, if they're going to be working together (or at least in the same close space), it's probably for the best that they deal with whatever awkwardness as soon as possible so their work doesn't suffer.
Flag
Under normal circumstances she just sunk the whole relationship. It was selfish of her. What's even worse is Mike now looks like a pussy, what else is Mike going to let Rachel get away with?
Flag
"Mike returned to Pearson Specter as an employee this week, and even though Rachel is also employed by Pearson Specter, he seemed totally surprised by the fact that he'll now have to work with her every day. Kids, this is why workplaces have fraternization policies: for children like Mike."

I disagree. Calling him "surprised" is inaccurate. He was pissed she kept seeking him out, because he asked her for time and space. I mean, last week's episode was, if I've got my Suits' timeline down correctly, supposed to be the day before this week's episode. So, is it wrong for him to get upset about Rachel doing the one thing he asked her not to do, in less than a 24 hour time-span?

Also, I've never been a fan of people giving their significant other an ultimatum which decides whether their relationship continues or not; however, I let this one slide because that whole conversation was going to happen sooner or later, and I'm glad it was sooner. Maybe that will allow this whole Rachel/Mike conflict to end faster, making it possible for the writers to move onto more interesting storylines? Here's to hoping!
Flag
You don't get to have "space" at work. You'll god damned be cordial and like it.
Flag
Flag
I agree with HanhKim. That building is huge, there is more than enough space to not cross paths if you don't want to. If you should happen to cross paths, then fine, be cordial. But that's NOT what happened. Rachel sought Mike out and LIED to him telling him that Harvey sent her to come work with him on the case and when Donna stepped to her about lying on Harvey she responded "I know, I'm sorry, but I just had to see him, I don't know how to be with him without being with him." THAT is not just working together, that is not just crossing paths. That is her not being able to control herself and going out of her way to completely ignore the space Mike asked for, and completely ignoring Donna's suggestion to give it time.
Flag
Yes, she did wrong, but that is part of being at work, people don't always act like they should. In response, you still have to act like you should, and that means not telling off your ex girlfriend at the office. So he did wrong. He can be pissed at home. At work, no matter what other people are doing, he needs to be above it.
Flag
No one gave her a pass, people need to stop giving him one.
Flag
So she gets a pass because "that is part of being at work, people don't always act like they should" but on the other hand "he needs to be above it"? I don't understand why when she does the exact opposite of what he asked its chalked up to "yea, well people don't act how they should" but then when he reacts to her completely ignoring his request he has to be above it. How about Rachel acts like an adult, controls her behavior, and respects his wishes to leave him alone for awhile. Did he go off on her? Yes, but keep in mind that was AFTER he repeatedly asked her to leave. As soon as she came in the room, he told her he didnt want to be bothered and to leave him alone, if I remember correctly he asked her about 3 times to go away. She refused each time and instead chose to force him to talk to her when he clearly wasn't ready. He made it clear he didnt want to be bothered and she should leave, she chose not to. If I tell you "look, I'm not in the mood, this is not a good time, go away" and you say "no, I wanna talk now!" Then don't get butthurt if I say something you don't like, especially if I tell you this 3 times. As an adult, you made an informed decision to stay and force me to talk, when you knew I wasn't ready. Don't poke the bear and then get mad and confused when it bites your hand off.
More +
Flag
True, except it's a big office and she didn't need to seek him out. If they bumped into each other or had to work together, yeah he should be cordial. Nod to her or say hello. But nope -- she kept bothering him, I found that disgusting, but whatever -- they're both cheaters so they deserve each other.
Flag
Not to rain on your parade but these writers are fixated on Mike and Rachel. I imagine they will have a case next week.. Well they are stuck on the SEC deal. My expectations are low ;)
Flag
Yea. It's always come off as the writers being hardcore Rachel/Mike shippers, but the thing that has always bothered me is: I like Mike, and I like Rachel. I just think they're boring together. I don't blame the actors at all, and I feel like the writers are just "painting-by-numbers" when it comes to portraying their relationship.

So, if they're going to focus on them so much, I wish the writers would at least make them (together) interesting. Right?
Flag
AAAHHHHH!!!!!! Donna and Harvey were a thing
Flag
I laughed when Katrina went in for the awkward hug with Mike. Then my laugh died in my throat when they panned to Rachel in the background. Ugh.
Flag
Katrina is awesome!
Flag
Suits at its best after ages - retained the fun bits and a story involving high stakes. Also, the Ross-Rachel thing has been resolved.
Flag
"I slept with Harvey"

Damn it Donna, we have it already that that moment never happened. No need to mention it whatsoever.
Flag
Flag
I think it did happen. In the flashback episode where they met and started to work together, Harvey ended up showing up on her doorstep with whipcream after a lot of teasing and flirting. She said she never dated co-workers so he took advantage of the fact that he had left the DA's office
Flag
I'm so tired of Mike and Rachel's story
Flag
Same here. I pretty much ignored the entire opening of this week's episode. Like, the last thing that interests me, while watching Suits, is watching my screen switch back and forth between clips of Rachel and Mike sleeping/waking up in separate beds.

I watch this show for the kickass lawyers, Louis being awesome, and Donna being Donna. Screw this romance bullshit. They should put all of it on the backburner, making it secondary to the actual cases everybody is working on, and maybe then we'll come to enjoy it (e.g. less is more, and all that jazz).
Flag
Poor Louis :-(
Flag
I think the Louis and Forstman deal will actually open the door for Louis to learn about Mike being a fraud. I imagine that Louis and company will find a way to cover up said deal and at some point Louis will learn Mike is a fraud. But now if Louis threatens to expose Mike, Harvey and Mike can threaten to expose Louis' deal with Forstman.

Flag
You figured it out. Awesome
Flag
Follow this Show
Members