A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S04E09: "Gone"

That. Was. So. Badass.

I mean, the Mike and Rachel stuff was awful, as usual, with Mike's deposition rehearsal leading to tears and fighting and the obligatory dredging up of Rachel's sole raison d'être on this show. Somebody help her, pls, because when Suits is great it's really freaking great, and "Gone" was definitely one of the series' best episodes.

Jessica took the news of Louis's sketchy deal with Forstman about as well as expected—though I will admit that the speed with which she turned against Louis was a little startling. Louis has saved Pearson Specter's butt more times than I care to count and would literally die for the firm if Jessica asked him to. So while it's true that this issue with Forstman wasn't a small mistake or even Louis's first mistake, IDK, it's Louis... which is pretty much the argument everyone else took against Jessica, including Donna and Harvey.

But the hits just kept coming in "Gone"; it was an hour of television so crammed with victories and losses that they often came back-to-back, adding to the sense of urgency that Suits was missing at the beginning of Season 4, and pretty much for all of Season 3. Donna's appeal to Jessica was logical enough for a workplace with such a thin line between personal and professional as Pearson Specter's, and for the briefest of moments, it looked like maybe—just maybe—the great Donna had saved Louis Litt from being fired simply by reminding Jessica that she had screwed up once too, and Jessica forgave her.

And then Jessica pulled out the zinger, "Yeah, but first I fired you."  

That was the point at which I realized Louis couldn't be saved. Not yet, anyway. I like to think he'll be back because it's Louis and firings/resignations on Suits are like comic book deaths in that they never really stick. But for now, Louis's resignation in the face of scandal and disgrace paints a dire picture of the situation at Pearson Specter, the firm that is never more than 10 seconds of ill-timed decision-making away from total destruction. Harvey has long been Jessica's golden boy and probable heir, but Louis was loyal, and in the end, that loyalty didn't particularly matter. It didn't matter that Forstman had pulled the same stunt with lawyers in the past, including Harvey. It didn't matter that Louis had repeatedly placed the good of the firm above his own happiness, from conceding to Harvey to bringing Mike back (which is actually probably a debatable positive for the firm, but whatever) to casting Sheila from his life when their relationship threatened to take him away from his "family."

For a character who's been accused of acting on his emotions with negative consequences, it would be easy to imagine Louis getting all bitter and jaded when faced with losing everything he's sacrificed so much for—so Louis's dignified response and determination to set things right, even while facing the reality of his future with Pearson Specter, speaks to the totality of his character's evolution. Louis Litt has come a long way, and hopefully, despite this latest hiccup, Pearson Specter won't lose him for good. 

The SEC vs. Pearson Specter storyline has been simmering on the back burner for much of this season, but with the Gillis Industries merger over and done with, it's time for Cahill and Woodall to enter the center ring. The entire scene where Harvey, Mike, and Louis revealed Woodall's probable corruption to his partner-in-douchiness was one of, if not the, finest moments of the season. Sometimes, Suits falls into the habit of casting its baddies from a bland mold of unquestionable villainy. To suddenly present the smarmy Cahill as a man who's sincerely trying to do his job well and good, only to be manipulated by the underhanded whims of a Forstman crony, is the sort of twist that will jump-start the drama that will drive the second half of the season.

Between Louis being kicked out of the clubhouse and Sean Cahill suddenly being positioned as a sort-of-almost ally to the beleaguered Pearson Specter, "Gone" was the perfect blend of beginnings and endings essential to any successful penultimate episode. Now if we could just get Mike and Rachel sorted out...

NOTES

– Maybe Louis will go back to Sheila? Maybe?

– LOUIS.

– Jessica's "Jesus CHRIST" was kind of epic in its delivery.

– What did you think of "Gone"?

– What are your predictions for next week's summer finale?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/27/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 4

114 Comments
Comments (114)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
suits related t-shirt campain http://teespring.com/suitslucky join the fanclub :) cheers
Flag
Suits is one of the best television shows on. And, it just keeps getting better and better with each season!
Flag
Was I the only one actually taking cover in this episode? A lot of shots were firing from both sides!
Flag
They make armor for a reason.
Flag
They have none for the head, and the ones squeezing the triggers are professional.
Flag
Seemed to me Louis (really the actor) has lost a lot of weight. Anyone else notice that?
Flag
Louis should join that lawyer with the Breaking Bad spin-off and kick his ass.
Flag
Great episode. I predict that Louis goes to see Sheila in Boston to rekindle their relationship and do some soul searching. While seeing her Louis explains the ends and outs of his firing, including his resentment that he used his one big favor to hire Mike back , Sheila takes an interest in this Mike Ross and wonders why P - S hired a non- Harvard lawyer. Clearly Louis then gets to the bottom of Mike not going to law school since he already suspected something wasn't quite right with Mike's Harvard credentials. Louis uses Mike's non - lawyer status as leverage to become a named partner.
Flag
For me, Louis proved himself as a master of "Eminent Domain" case law in "I Want You to Want Me" over a year ago.

Mike insisted "no one" wins these cases; Louis proved him wrong.

But it was the reason Louis was so insistent on taking this case: to help the family save their restaurant that Litt me up.

"Oh Captain, My Captain"
Flag
Prediction, Mike is going to try to fix that guys company that he lost. And hes possibly going to do something borderline sketchy in order to do it. No way Mike is just going to do nothing after losing.
Flag
what an episode...wow wow wow...
COME ON PEOPLE get off rachel and mikes back...she made a mistake and kissed the jerk but didnt sleep with him,yes its bad but not bad enough to split up over it...
they are part of the show, dont like them then just record the show and fast forward, but stop trashing them for god sake...
LOUIS will come back, or he will start in another firm and they might realise down the line what they have lost and get him back...maybe hopefully he'll get the love of his life back first...
as one of you put it perfectly they all (everyone) together make the perfect suit... so they will have louis back sooner or later...till then will miss him
Flag
Somebody needs to rewrite Rachel's character.. "Am I off the hook?" Are you seriously asking your boyfriend, who barley forgave you, if he is going to simply let you get a free pass for cheating on him? And the burrito scene? So desperate. Mike, do better. Actually, writers do better and try to at least make Rachel likeable. Lets see her do stuff at lawschool at least. This whole season shes still just been at the firm.

Either way, excellent episode. The bags of tricks each side was using was fun to watch. Case was very interesting, and I kind of liked that we knew the whole time Louis was going to get fired. Just shows how dedicated Louis was to the firm and fixing his mistake. And, okay, Jessica was VERY mean this episode, but she gets things done, and she did what she had to do. Realistically, NO WAY Louis wouldve kept his job. Even if that was Harvey he would probably be out. Sad to see Louis go, but we all expect him back in the near future. Its a USA show, things always reset.
Flag
Seeing Louis get treated the way he does is getting pretty old. The first couple of seasons it was kinda funny watching him get picked on. But the constant bullying and belittling of his character is kinda pathetic. I don't deny that what Louis did was incredibly stupid, but Harvey himself said that he's done similar or worse things. Part of me wishes that they would just write Louis out, because seeing him getting kicked and berated by his co-workers just isn't fun any more.
Flag
The difference is that early in the show he was picked for being Louis. More recently, everyone, including Harvey stopped picking on him and only ragged on him when he screwed up. They gave him the benefit of the doubt several times.
Flag
Louis is the best character in the this serie I hope they don´t remove him.
Flag
My biggest concern in all this is the Jessica/Harvey relationship. They're supposed to be partners, yes she is managing partner, but it's their firm, together. Jessica wouldn't listen to Harvey, the same way she wouldn't listen to him when he was a jr partner or just a regular senior partner. She only lets him do what he wants when she agrees with him otherwise it's her way or the highway.
Flag
Yeah, that's been bothering me, too. Their dynamic really didn't change when he became named partner.
Flag
Louis should start his own firm.
Flag
The ONLY reason why Louis was so good this season is precisely because of the way he is treated by Jessica, Harvey and yes Donna. It breaks your heart and makes you smile when they are nice to him. And it's easy because no matter how happy you are when he does get treated nicely, you're not bitter because you remember how HE treated the associates. He wasn't very nice and they too tried hard to please him.

I do hope he stays; I love the relationship growing between he and Donna. They are coming together like friends that will be there for each other forever.

And if I was Donna, I'd have walked out when Jessica threatened to fire her. If Harvey had to choose, who do you think he'd go with?
Flag
When they are nice to him outside of Katrina, Donna, and Rachel they don't mean it.
Flag
This episode was epic!!! #poorlouis I want to say I can't wait for next week but then it will be the finale and that's sad :( I'm going to miss this show(not Mike/Rachel) I hope they come back soon.
Flag
Brav. O. This is even better than last episode, and Louis this episode was absolutely PERFECT! We got to see the real dark side of Jessica, and, to be honest I can't really blame her for wanting him fired. In the real world Louis would be fired in an instant, and Donna's firing from season 2 for her mistake showed that no one on this show is perfect and anyone can "die." Although, I do want Louis's resignation to stick a little bit longer than Donna- Donna was fired for a grand total of three episodes (two and a half, really, cause one was a flashback ep.) To be honest I don't see while Jessica didn't fire EVERYONE in Season 2 after Hardman was beaten once and for all. Harvey tried to ruin a merger, but Jessica had him stay. Harvey rage-fired Mike after Jess beat him, but Jessica allowed Mike to stay (still don't get why she overruled Harvey, since she complains all the time about Mike.) Jessica fired Donna for destroying an incriminating document yet she allowed Harvey to rehire her. Harvey conspired to overthrow Jessica and she allowed him to stay. All the characters do these boneheaded and sometimes flat-out illegal things (like hiring Mike the first time) and yet they're all still there, which shows that Jessica is like a reed in a storm... she bends and bends but eventually she'll break. And Louis was the unfortunate straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm surprised at Mike and Harvey's deposition that Mike didn't say anything regarding the lack of resumes being sent out to law firms after Mke got fired from the banking job. Mike did have a completely legit excuse for not sending a resume- he was offered a job by Forstman, he gave it time to think it over, but before he could say yes Louis offered to hire Mike back. Perfect explanation AND TRUE!

Rachel getting deposed made little sense other than giving unnecessary Mike/Rachel romance drama. Ugggghhhhh. Kill her. Someone, just run her down with a mac truck.

So Louis did the noble thing and resigned. Even though, yes, it was his mistake that almost caused the firm to collapse, I still point the finger at Rachel... if not for her stupid stipulation Mike would have won and kept his job, the firm wouldn't have needed a solution to beat Mike and Louis would never have tried making a deal with the devil incarnate to get a win. Rachel caused my favorite character to leave the show. Let's hope once Forstman is defeated (since he's the Big Bad for season 4, apparently) Jessica puts Rachel on a sacrificial alter and tributes her to revive season 1 Rachel.

9.5 out of 10. Once again, this was Louis's episode, and he will be missed. (But not for long, hopefully.) I just hope when he gets rehired he doesn't act like nothing happened like Donna did. (Seriously, this was like the only time in two and a half seasons where her mistake was brought up.)
More+
Flag
vampman you made some good points in this 1st paragraph. At the end of Jessica, Harvey & Louis's mtg in her office I realized Jessica was the designated "villian" for the ep. The last time she was shown this far from her normal "controlled/measured" self was S3. When Harvey needs to look or seem Bigger or a hero or her equal she has to be the bad guy even if due to the actions of others. Firing Louis was justified, it was her heavy hand towards Louis that was startling & a dead give-away. Jessica, whether people like her or not usually shows compassion towards her employees (they generate income) even when she fired Donna. Harvey & Jessica's last mtg in her office-Harv finally acknowledging to her his wreckless actions that seriously jeopardized her & that firm & she was defending/excusing him was the way to absolve him from those actions. I was like wait-stop-Morpheus or Neo will come into the scene next because this is Matrix territory (What The!!) This was smart of the writers to white-wash all the low down things Harvs done & it only works coming from the one he did it to-Jessica. And Gina to her credit made that which made no sense (Jessica throwing herself under the bus) look good (hope she got paid extra). Maybe it's the setup for another coup against Jessica & maybe this time they can make it look right (NOT). Up til this point Harv has never appeared to be Jessica's equal or a hero. He's more on the level of Mike just more selfish & better dressed. Harv doesn't think or behave like a name partner/Titan. He's an edgy gunslinger (that"s ok). He acts like he wants to get into a fist fight with everyone. Predicting Mike tells Louis his secret, Hardman comes back & Harv makes another move on Jessica. Hope she doesn't trust him to her further detriment. Good episode.
More +
Flag
Love Suits!!! But please write Rachel out of the series. Go to law school, girl and never return......Weakest link in the series... Oh yes, Louis opens a firm and partners up with Saul.,,,,:-)
Flag
They just need to detach her from Mike.
Flag
Louis got LITT UP, but it's only a matter of episodes before he comes back to save the day against the SEC.
Flag
The SEC battle is over they won.
Flag
Louis needs to move to Boston and start up a firm with Denny Crane and Alan Shore.
Flag
THAT would be AWESOME
Flag
First of all, the ONLY character that I like is Louis. IF he is gone, I guess I'll be gone also from the show. I hope he gets his own spinoff and I would switch within a second. Sadly to say, I was never a big fan of Mike Ross. Maybe it's just me but I always fast forward anything between him and rachel. Louis is definitely being mistreated by Jessica and Harvey and getting the shaft from them two. I'm gonna repeat myself here, I hope Louis gets his own spinoff with Katrina as his sidekick.. both of them are excellent together.
Flag
Louis isn't gone, if you think he's gone, then you really can't call yourself a fan of this show.
Flag
Harvey and Donna need to be a couple. I mean, they basically are, but if there needs to be stupid romance crap on the show, at *least* let it be between interesting characters...Donna/Harvey and/or Louis/Sheila...no more Jessica and whoever and no more Mike and Rachel. Louis is the funniest, cruelest, most poignant, and easily the best character on Suits...and he gets the best lines, too. Long live King Louis!
Flag
Please no more Sheila/Louis. That is all sorts of quirky and awkward. Also, I'm hoping that Jessica DOES get someone at some point that could get her to unwind. Because as long as she isn't head over heels stupid in love, she'll be a monster. And yes, Rick Hoffman is brilliant. Definitely the best actor on the show. The man needs an Emmy, no questions asked.

As for Donna and Harvey...yes, please!
Flag
Louis spin-off!!! A half an hour dramedy centered around Louis building his own small law firm and the shenanigans that ensue!
Flag
Louis better be back, and while i am not going to declare I am done with this show if he doesn't return (as some do) because I know that is not the case it just will not be same without him
Flag
I *am* going to declare I am done with this show if Louis doesn't return. I grit my teeth through all the Rachel/Mike romance crap *only* in order to see the Louis segments. And Jessica is a hypocrite. Less Rachel, Jessica, and Mike and more Donna, Harvey, and, above all, LOUIS!
Flag

Louis has hit it out of the ball park this season, hands down the best character of the season. He will be back within 3 episodes,mark my words. If Donna can come back, he definitely will be back, after all you can't stay away from " home " for long, can you ?

I usually don't fast forward a scene on principle but boy, do the Mike and Rachel soap opera scenes test my patience...
Flag
I don't fast forward, but I do mute through the Mike and Rachel scenes.
Flag
I think Lewis will be back and save the day soon (maybe in the winter episodes), but he might come back as Mike's subordinate (which will be a lot of fun for a while).
Flag
I hope the show ends with Harvey usurping Jessica. She's just a cold, heartless, power-hungry bitch with little appreciation for the people who do her bidding. She apparently connived her way to the top and looks anyone who tries the same.
Flag
That's why I liked Hardman he was more of straight shooter than Jessica.
Flag
Change the letterhead to just "Specter."
Flag
her character has been made that way from the start and she does a mighty good job to make it believeable, Gina Torres is a very good actor...
Flag
Gina Torres is a goddess. Jessica Pearson is anything but. That's certainly a credit to Gina Torres.
Flag
she is a good actor...but have we seen her do any practicing of law on the show? i don't like her character...she was heartbreaking on hannibal but on suits? yuck
Flag
No we haven't she just tells people what to do, walks around the building, and yells at Louis.
Flag
We *have* seen her practicing law, namely when her ex-husband Quinton was involved (alive and dead, respectively). Ironically enough, that's when she showed the most human empathy, and when, ironically enough, she was at her best as a lawyer.
Flag
you what I think about this drama its just like a person wearing a suit Harvey is the coat mike is the shirt Louis is the tie donna is the hankerchief Rachel is the cuff link and Jessica is the pants so they cant really do w/o each other for the perfect suit so some how Louis gonna be back maybe next season when the firm needs his expertise on a case
Flag
I agree totally with you MaryAnn that episode was BADASS!!!!!!!
Flag
Were this a better show, Louis would be gone for good, he'd high-tail it to Sheila and get married and be happy... well, except for the fact of the whole kids thing which is still going to be a roadblock. But this show can't really accept change for long, and Louis is too important a face on the series. Bringing Louis back too soon will certainly undermine Jessica yet again, who seems to do nothing but bellow and seethe this season. Ironically, Jessica was absolutely right to fire Louis, he disobeyed and undermined trying to be the hero at every turn.

The episode was entertaining in that Suits way, which means suffering more Mike & Rachel for no good reason, but everything else was solid.
Flag
Just *this* season? Or almost all of last season as well? And possibly season 2?
Flag
Incredible episode but with Louis "gone", I doubt the show will have that very special extra Zinger to it. It literally would not LITT up my evenings anymore...:P Please find a way to bring Louis back or I'm going to the SCC!!!
Flag
SCC? Do you mean the SEC?
Flag
or SDCC?
Flag
LOUIS
Flag
The teaser mentioned there are big "shockers" next week and one of the scenes had Jessica with a surprised look.

I am going to guess she's pregnant.
Flag
Interesting thought. Actually, in a couple of scenes, she was wearing outfits that seemed designed to cover a baby bump. Anyone know if the actress is actually pregnant?
Flag
That's what made me think it... one dress in particular.

It's hit-or-miss if an actress's pregnancy gets written into a show. Sometimes they try to cover it up, sometimes they write it in.

With Jessica getting hot-and-heavy with a long-term boyfriend all of a sudden I wouldn't be surprised it was all to write it in
Flag
I hope there isn't a pregnancy storyline in Suits.

I'm only saying that because Suits and Graceland are both USA shows, and having that storyline in both shows seems a bit lazy on the writers' part (seeing as how it looked like Charlie was coming down with a bit of "morning sickness" on last night's episode of Graceland).
Flag
Speaking of Graceland I thought that was nerves
Flag
Really? My mind immediately jumped to morning sickness.

I just assumed it was that because she's an experienced undercover agent, so her becoming nervous (to the point of throwing up) doesn't compute in my head. Also, I thought it was weird that she wanted to put some distance between Paul and herself right after that scene.
Flag
@Vamps (since I can't reply to your latest post directly)
I hope I'm wrong too, for a couple of different reasons.

That being said, I'm kind of getting to the point where I'm just over Graceland in general. Mainly because the tape has come back into play, but you know Paul isn't going to face any consequences for the thing he did (being vague to avoid spoiling anything, since this is a Suits' comments section and all lol) just because he's a main character.

I just don't see the writers going in the direction of having him having to deal with his actions coming to light (whether to the rest of the house or the FBI), and because it's so obvious they're going that route Graceland has become boring and predictable in my eyes (or at least any storyline related to that thing Paul did makes me feel that way).
Flag
Ok, that makes more sense. But I really hope you are wrong
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Sad episode. Louis became my favorite character a while ago so seeing him suffer like this is painful.

Though as some suggest below, I really doubt he's gone for good. He's too important and loved to lose now.

To play Devil's Advocate, Harvey and Jessica were right about one thing. Usually they get annoyed at Louis for making a mistake or letting his emotions cloud his judgement. This time he knew what he was doing, he knew it was wrong, he knew it would hurt everyone... and he did it anyway.

Then again, so did Harvey when he hired Mike and maneuvered Jessica into keeping him.
Flag
Next episode, Harvey's gonna go down to Louis's apartment to find him sitting on his couch surrounded by 30 cats.
Flag
I don't think we have any fear of seeing Louis less. In fact - I think we will finally have a chance to get a Louis story outside his firm. This could be good in having a parallel story like the Mike one was earlier.

My hope Rachel got hit by a bus as they left for home was dashed. And then the burrito scene. Sweet Jeebus please put us out of our misery. It isn't the actress' fault. But they are writing her to be so pathetic. Either that or just make it a stable relationship and start writing stuff that separates the two into different stories.
Flag
Wow!! What a brilliant episode that was. It has everything. Hopefully the Louis arc will be an interesting one if it's done properly. Can't wait for how all this is going to plan out.
Flag
I hope Louis is gone.

Gone to set up his own firm.
Gone for his own spin off.
Gone to a show which Rachel never visits.

But chances are, he'll be back before the end of the season
Flag
"Gone to a show which Rachel never visits."
the hatred towards Rachel is pretty unanimous among the general public...lol
Flag
True....but it is kinda justified
Flag
Yes, it is rather dangerous to voice any good things about Rachel, not that there are any
Flag
name one good thing about Rachel?
Flag
This was my favorite Suits episode of all times. Who is in bed with whom, who resigned and will be hired back is completely irelevant because it's a TV Show and things can change in less than 15 seconds. For the first time in a year they produced a show that reminded me on the roots of Suits and that's why it is my favorite because it gives me hope that they remembered that a show like that doesn't need a medicore romance.
Flag
So Rachel has essentially managed to manipulate her way back into Mike's good graces after only 2 episodes? What a softie.
Flag
Well, he only has her and Harvey in his life, and her feelings are genuine. Yeah, she made a huge mistake, but she's earnestly remorseful. Honestly, those two need to high-tail it to central park, have a picnic, soak up the sun, and drift off for a bit. Plus, as far as women go, Mike's fairly lucky he landed someone that beautiful, booksmart, and straightforwardly affectionate in the first place!
Flag
It was more than a mistake. There was LONGING there. She was highly attracted to the guy and that's the real problem. She loves Mike but was still enticed by another man, so much so that she kissed him and actually had to fight her urges to get herself to leave.

And she has so little trust in herself that she didn't dare even be around him. Not good.
Flag
Well he wanted her back. Besides it allows the show to focus on other things. They already screwed Mike when she gave him the ultimatum. I'm going to ignore their situation as much as I can for the moment.
Flag
I understand that in a 16 episode season things have to move quickly; but it really pisses me off when a conflict such as Mike/Rachel's gets built up, essentially given a whole episode and a half and then things get back to normal super fast. How about Rachel getting kicked to the curb for a change and Mike finding his damn backbone? How about a little of that?
Flag
Much as I don't want him to be, Louis will be back.
Flag
The show likes to beat on Louis. The only one that has not been fired is Harvey. I don't count Jessica because she can't fire herself.
Flag
Rachel was suspended. Louis resigned. Mike left of his own volition. Jessica screwed up with Donna (NOT vice versa). Harvey can't be fired or else everything Jessica has built up goes to crap because she's as mediocre of a lawyer as they come.
Flag
Honestly, can we all imagine what a *nice* place Pearson Specter would be if it'd be Specter and Co., or Specter Litt? While Harvey has played pranks on Louis before, they were simply good-nature ribbing, especially when Louis was being a douche. But Harvey has a conscience, and if Harvey goofs up, Donna doesn't. But see, Donna's powers only work on people with a conscience, with a heart, with a soul. They don't work on Jessica.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that in that scene, Donna was wearing something between baby blue and cloud white, while Jessica was wearing *pure black*? Does *anyone* think that was mere coincidence?

Other villains may come and go, but the one staring everyone in the face is the one with her name on the door. Unfortunately, that's hard to see since she's a "main character", and is also defended by legions of fangirls simply because of her race and gender. Had Jessica Pearson been a middle-aged pasty white guy with grey hairs named James Pearson, more people would see this character for the monster she is.
Flag
This is a law firm we are talking about. I don't know what planet you're on but on this one any main partner of a law firm is going to be alot more heartless than Jessica. I think Gina Torres plays the role to perfection. Her character is not supposed to be liked my any means.
Flag
That said, Gina Torres simply *is* perfection. The character is despicable. Gina Torres herself is royalty.
Flag
There's a difference between "not liked but tolerated", and "things would only get better if she got hit by a bus". I know some nasty people wish that on Rachel, simply because she doesn't have much of a plot line at the moment, but Jessica simply radiates toxicity. She's simply a person that you don't want to be around. Louis trusted her like family, and instead of treating him like family, she threw him under the bus.

I suppose I'm thankful I don't work in law--I'd hate to be around such a tyrant.
Flag
Wow! I wasn't even paying attention to the outfits in that scene. Nice catch.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more (about Jessica being a villain).

However, I doubt the show will ever pit Harvey & Co. against her (or it'll be the last storyline the show ever does), because she is amongst the few who knows of Mike's secret. I mean, if it came down to it, I completely believe she would destroy everyone's lives and careers, by outing Mike for the fraud he is, if she was about to be ousted from her own firm (kind of a mutually assured destruction move, or a "if I can't have it then no one can" move).
Flag
I'm telling you Jessica is a fire breathing dragon out for a meal. All the circling she did in this episode she was going to have Louis one way or another for giving Mike back his job.
Flag
Really annoyed that Donna didn't tell Louis about Mike, so he could use it to black mail Jessica and Harvey
Flag
It would be a bad idea for Louis to know. No really, he'd burn the place down if he found out.
Flag
Or he could use it to get his job back and his name on the door
Flag
Yeh.

He'd be devastated on SOOO many levels. That they lied to him. That they broke such a sacred tradition. That they broke the flippin' law. Everything he cares about and honors would be wiped away in that one moment.

Plus... everyone that KNOWS about Mike in a legal quagmire. Louis being ignorant actually covers him from a legal standpoint when it inevitably hits the fan. The instant he KNOWS, that's another rope around his neck.
Flag
Considering how he felt about the whole thing, last season, when he only suspected it? Yea. You're absolutely right.

It'd be even worse, now, because he gave up his chance to rekindle things with the love of his life (Sheila) for Mike's sake.
Flag
Let's count the times one of the six regulars has "left" the firm either voluntarily or involuntarily. Donna once? Rachel once? Mike twice? This is Louis's second resignation at least. So we are at at least five.
Flag
Jessica can't fire herself, so they're 5 for 5. It seems development of this show should be farther a long than it is. Maybe it has 1 or 2 seasons left.
Flag
Donna once, Rachel never (suspension, not firing), Mike once (this most recent time), Jessica and Harvey never (duh). Of course Louis is going to come back because Rick Hoffman is absolutely magnificent.
Flag
Harvey worked in the mailroom left to go to college worked at the DA's office before returning to Jessica. They changed names a lot
Flag
Litt is the reason to watch Suits, that character and the actor is brilliant.

I just hope there will be a spinoff that focuses on how awesome Litt is building his own practice. It would easily become the next "the practice" or "boston legal".

I'm feed up with the bullshit the series is about, they spend more time fighting not to die than to live. You would have to be insane to keep working in such a hostile environment.
Flag
BigLaw (every large NY firm, plus some from other places) is not a warm, fuzzy-feeling kind of place. It's long grueling hours, occasionally cut-throat internal politics, and soul-draining tasks.
Flag
A hostile environment that is solely the result of one person. Beyond that, they're like family. They'll yell at each other, let each other have what for, but at the end of the day, hug each other, and be there for each other.

Except for Jessica.
Flag
Wow! What an episode!!! No more Louis?!! Say it ain't so!!! i knew it was coming to this, I just didn't think I'd care this much for him. He was such an SOB in the beginning that I simply didn't like anything about him, and now the idea of him being gone is almost unfathomable. The way Katrina keeps trying to help him sometimes is amazing to watch. They make such a good team, yet the hardly work cases together anymore. What's up with that?!!!!
And of course Donna putting her two cents in. Man she's so vital to this firm it's insane!!!

Now I know Jessica and Harvey are gonna get a ton of hate from others, but I just can't be one of them. I know EXACTLY how strict and uncompromising Jessica can be, but honestly if I were in her position, I would've done the same thing. Heck, what she said about Louis to Harvey was right on the money. However, at the same time, as many second, third, and fourth chances she has given Harvey, I still think Louis should get the benefit of the doubt....again!!!! Somehow he is quite the screw-up, yet he also manages to be quite the fixer too. I like the guy, but his constant need to live up to Jessica and Harvey's standards have always held him back. Despite that, I still want to see the guy succeed, and i want it to be at Pearson Specter somehow, which at this point, would take a miracle.

Jeff Malone is getting on my nerves with his constant boyfriend BS. Somehow because he's Jessica's boyfriend, he keeps arguing that it makes him a more entitled senior partner, which couldn't be MORE WRONG!!! Jeff, for the love of God, GROW UP!!!!!

I see Mike and Rachel trying to make it work, but I'm just getting a little tired of how long it's taking. At this point, I feel they're at the point of make-up already or call it quits, cause it would be beyond ridiculous if it continued into next season.
More+
Flag
"Jeff Malone is getting on my nerves with his constant boyfriend BS. Somehow because he's Jessica's boyfriend, he keeps arguing that it makes him a more entitled senior partner, which couldn't be MORE WRONG!!! Jeff, for the love of God, GROW UP!!!!!"

SOOOOOO true!
Flag
🔼🔼🔼🔼🔼🔼Ditto!!!
Flag
Who should be gone is Rachel.
Flag
Whether Louis is gone for good or not (hopefully not), this episode once again highlighted some reasons why I can't stand Jessica.

1, She claims her and Harvey fix things, while Louis only makes messes.

Pardon me, but didn't her relationship with Jeff kind of **** up their whole plan in the beginning of this episode? Yea. That's what I thought. Also, Harvey hiring Mike in the first place is just as bad as what Louis did.

2. At the end of the episode, she says that Louis never listens to her.

Well, while she did point out some things, who else hasn't been listening to her... ever since he was first hired? Jeff, that's who. Plus, he keeps playing that douchey bf-card of his, thinking he should get special treatment. I was so disappointed when it was shown he was still working at Pearson-Specter this episode. I mean, Jessica had finally won some of my respect because she told him he was fired, after he mouthed off to her an episode or so ago, but I guess it was just them flirting?

So, it's nice to see Jessica is a hypocritical... witch, with constant double-standards for certain employees.

Litt4Life
More+
Flag
Yes and no.

They admitted that all 3 of them made mistakes and all 3 of them clean it up.

However, they ALSO admitted that they've made the wrong choice like Louis did but back-pedaled saying that they also ultimately fixed the consequences. Harvey pointed out that Louis ALSO just fixed his wrong-choice here by crafting the successful counter-attack.

And this is where Jessica's emotions got the better of her... she was pissed off at the wrong-choice but ALSO that he ignored her instructions yet again. She wasn't listening to reason anymore
Flag
NO!!! Is he officially gone from the show? Suits without Louis? I'm not sure if I want to continue to watch. Unless they make a spin-off with Louis and Katrina. I hope he isn't gone gone. Litt for life!
Flag
If you really think that Louis is gone for good, then you should just stop watching this show.
Flag
Wow, what did I ever do to you? Its not like they put up a neon sign that says Louis will be back. Whats wrong with me thinking he is gone? I for one wouldn't mind if he is gone only as long as they make a spin-off show around him.
Flag
If tonight's episodes title "gone" is literal and someone is "gone" it best not be Louis or season 5's renewal will mean nothing to me. #IveBeenLitt
Flag
I gotta agree. No Louis, no me. It would just not be the same. And it would not be better.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members