A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S03E05: "Shadow of a Doubt"

What we have here is an episode of Suits that was refreshingly not a suckfest paired with a promo for next week's episode that looks positively divine—guys, I'm so excited. I mean, Harvey is still a total child and Jessica is like the lesser of the two evils, but Donna is awesome, Nigel and Louis are BFFs again, and Mike and Rachel are actually having adult conversations about adult things and working through their adult fights like adults so I actually don't loathe their relationship right now. How delightful.

"Shadow of a Doubt" had a higher number decidedly kookier moments than most of its preceding episodes, which were more of a mindless march toward Harvey Specter world domination—mostly with Nigel, Louis, and their kitty-love, but for all of the OH NOES DONNA HAS A LIFE AWAY FROM HARVEY WHO KNEW? surrounding Donna and British Harvey, when they aren't bickering about Original Flavor Harvey, they're really quite fun. I have zero confidence that Stephen will be around much past the end of the season, flinging Donna back into pining-silently-and-secretly-for-her-boss territory, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying those two crazy kids and I hope Steve isn't trying to use Donna against Harvey or something with his whole "I love you for reals" shtick. (I WILL CUT YOU, STEVE-O.)

The Ava Hessington case is still underway, but the woman herself wasn't much of a featured player this week and it was awesome. That has nothing to do with Michelle Fairley not being awesome (because she is) and everything to do with Ava being an awful and impressively unsympathetic character. Jessica convinced Ava to sell her shares of Hessington Oil to save the company from the nefarious corporate raider, Tony Giannopoulos, and promised to try—the key word here being "try"—to get her out of the deal later. The implication that this miserable case is going to keep going and going like the Energizer bunny of old is unfortunate, but the moment between Jessica and Ava as two women who are completely aware not only of how similar they are but also of how they can work together to get what they want/need without particularly liking one another was a nice touch. If Ava simply must open her mouth in the future, I want her to be more like this and less like the spoiled little rich lady who conveniently doesn't understand how warlords operate, please!

The problem with much of the story that came before "Shadow of a Doubt" is that, for whatever reason, intentional or not, the characters that we've invested so much time in and so much attention to suddenly stopped being fully-realized "people" on the TV screen. They simply became plastic figures for the writers to use to tell their story—without giving much thought to whether that story made sense, not to mention whether it was a story that anyone actually wanted to see. Harvey has always had a petty streak, but rarely has he been presented in such an infantile light; it's infuriating to watch because in the past, I've actually rather liked Harvey. His apparent remorse/second-guessing/concern/whatevs at Jessica seemingly giving him what he was conspiring with Darby to get returned Harvey's missing complexity and fortunately, it's early enough in the season that much of the damage of the last few episodes can still be undone. Harvey probably isn't going to just drop everything with Darby and go crawling back to Jessica, but at least now he has to actually consider the effects of his actions beyond of how quickly they will get his name on the door.

Mike and Rachel also managed to come a long way in a short amount of time. Only slightly daunted by her Harvard rejection, Rachel put on her big girl pants and applied to other schools, scoring an interview at Stanford and deciding not to tell Mike about it because of reasons. He was grumpy about this. He was also grumpy about Rachel's reluctance to introduce him to the 'rents (HI BUNK!) and as much as I ever hate to admit that Mike is right about anything, he had a point about how he'd have to meet them eventually if he and Rachel were going to continue to be a "thing." Anyway, they bickered, but anyone who's done the long-distance relationship thing knows that it wasn't a stupid argument to have. Plus, they handled it like adults and didn't break up and it was great. Yay. 

This episode was wonderful, guys. More of this, Suits, and less of what ya'll were doing before. I feel like I finally got my show back. 

NOTES

– More rich people problems: Must be nice to just have $10,000 sitting around that you can piss away on a petty office bet, or a $50,000 bond that you can torch just to prove how awful you actually are. Gross. 

– It's been mentioned before in the comments, but this was the first episode where I really noticed for myself how awful Mike's haircut is. Ouch.

– I would display my "Louis Litt blew me" abstract paperweight sculpture thing with pride. PRIDE.  

– Gotta love how Mike tried to reassure Rachel that no one would find out his secret, and then immediately followed up by listing everyone who knows, which was like half the office. 

– Do you think Jessica's gesture was sincere? How will it influence Harvey, if at all?

– Is British Harvey REALLY into Donna or just using her?

– Is Stanford just a convenient excuse to make the generally pointless-outside-of-being-a-love-interest Rachel disappear for awhile?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/27/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 4

174 Comments
Comments (174)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
OMG has anyone seen the new sneek peek! YES!
Flag
I had to catch up with the last two episodes just today... I'm so late! Well, this seems to be improving, but still the whole mess with the Brittish Harvey is not clear at all. We have no idea what his intentions are regarding anything. I suppose this is necessary, but I'm finding it a bit annoying, like the whole of the merger situation, actually. I'm so happy we still have Louis and Nigel, and the cat, and Donna's great lines.
Flag
- I've long since been able to overlook the "Rich people probs" on this show, however nauseating they may be, because it is corporate law and that is nothing but rich people probs. And that, is why I could never be a corporate attorney. Ever. Too cut throat, too ruthless, and God help me, I'm actually a kind person and I care. *sigh*
- It kind of is. I tried to skirt around that tidbit in hopes of focusing on the heartier subject matter, but my inner teeny bopper skinny dipped in the shallow end and, well, it keeps getting worse every week! What with the haircut?! What is this atrocity?!
- All the pride in the world. I love Nigel and Louis and their frenemy status. They are the best. It takes Louis away from pathetically trying to be one of the "Cool" kids with Harvey, constantly trying to be Jessica's favorite, and stealing Mike away, and being all flirty-ish with Donna. I still love them though, and we had some great moments with Donna and Louis, and her glowing yoga.
- It's just half the office, not to mention, the security guy, the janitor, the IT department, that chick that hides between aisles in the copy room, the food cart vendor, the "coffee cart guy"...not everyone knows!
- It was sincere for someone like Jessica. As Harvey said before, Jessica is always playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Every move she ever makes is a calculated one, but that doesn't exactly mean it isn't sincere as well. Oddly enough that's what Harvey calls her out on even though he kind of is the same way in that regards. Whatever. I mean, this was one of a couple of attempts that she has made to extend an olive branch so to speak. i think she has a few motives, but one of them is in fact salvaging her dynamic with Harvey. She's sincere in wanting him back, for all the reasons that she wants him back, as her ally against Darby, taking over, striking before someone strikes against her (and I'm sure by now she already suspects something is going on), but as her friend too. I mean, what made this thing frustrating is back in the beginning, one of the things she told him, something that she had always planned was for him to have his name on the door, when he truly earned it. I mean for a woman like Jessica, Harvey is more than just her protege, he's more than just her friend, her ally, her progeny. He's her legacy. Harvey and the firm, is what she has to show for herself when it's all over. No sense beating that half dead horse, though.
- Both. With the exception of Mike, and maybe Rachel all of the characters on this show have been known to do things for more than one reason. There is always an agenda, and Stephen boinking Donna is no exception to the rule. I do think he likes her though, and he's enjoying his time with her, but there are a number of reasons why and how it can be advantageous for him to screw Donna.
- I don't care if it is. I'm just glad that it is. Rachel needs something outside of Mike, because it sure as hell isn't her job. Stanford is a sound, rational decision. I liked and respected it. It's Rachel finally doing something for her instead of sitting there whining about something that just isn't happening. I also agree with this review. Rachel and Mike were finally interacting like adults. I didn't even find their scenes together as insufferable as I typically do. Kudos.

- Nailed the review. This was a solid episode. Glimmers of the Suits I fell in love with. It was the best of what they've had to offer this far. They put all that unnecessary bickering, turmoil, all around ickiness aside. The characters felt like themselves again, instead of the unlikeable revamped versions of themselves that we seen. The humor was plentiful. Please let it stay like this. Please.
- While I still didn't think that Donna was obligated in any way to explain her Stephen acquaintances with benefits arrangement with Harvey, her little sit-down with Harvey was one of the best scenes of the episode. Even though I cringe every single time they do something shipperish. Although I wasn't opposed to Donna talking about trips to the dentist or yoga.
- Louis and Nigel's frenemy thing is like, the best. They like each other, they hate each other, it's the constant battle of interacting with someone who is just like you. I love them though. I'd watch those two for hours. Also props to Rick Hoffman who is freaking allergic to cats and yet commits to those cat scenes like a Boss!
- Part of me was miffed that Jessica offered up putting Harvey's name on the door. I just feel like while she's...her, he's still this guy who behaves like a pissy toddler that doesn't get what he wants and still ends up getting what he wants but never quite learns his lesson. But whatever. I mean this is the third time this is on the table for him now, in spite of his wretched behavior. To be fair, with how he's been handling the Ava case etc, he's finally starting to show that he'd be capable of being a name partner. I did like the expression on his face. It was the first time, as you said Mary Anne, that it felt like the Harvey we're more familiar with . He actually looked as though he was second guessing his decision. In fact he looked that way the entire episode, when he actually had to consult with Jessica, because she's the person he bounces ideas off of when he needs someone who thinks on his level or higher and newbie Mike can't quite cut it. There was a glimmer of remorse, like he was finally thinking of the potential ramifications for his actions. I'll take that over the Harvey of the last few episodes.
- Rachel's mother? Awesome. Rachel's father? Awesome. How did Rachel end up not awesome?! Was her lack of awesomeness like the red-hair gene? I kid...not really, but Rachel didn't get on my nerves in this episode so thank God, for small miracles. Go on to Stanford girl! It was really messed up that she hadn't told Mike, especially given all the whining she's done for the past two seasons on being told all the deep dark secrets of everyone she comes into contact with.
More+
Flag
This episode didn't really help. What got me interested in the show from day one was the idea that this kid could be a lawyer with no law degree and his ability to remember things. But they've progressed him way too fast. Now it's more about will anyone find out his secret? He's already an awesome attorney?

That and the fact Harvey and Jessica don't seem to be worried about it. It's game over for them if that secret gets out and Mike can't seem to keep his mouth shut. They have to resolve this sooner or later..

And doesn't this kid make a decent salary yet? He's still being portrayed as if he's dirt poor.
Flag
I must say, I totally disagree with you .. I've enjoyed every episode this season. I do agree that this was the best though.
Flag
I haven't.. The show has lost a bit of it's fun. I'm hoping it will recover though.
Flag
Oh, look! A law case eerily similar to our actual life! What a coincidence! They didn't even swap the genders (the guy did something wrong for the girl to cover up).

Honestly, being a grown-up about the relationship if finally to STOP talking about it!

They are together and we don't need any more on it. I hate these made-up silly love-relationship-drama-stuff.

Flag
Just want to mention, another Mike/Rachel romance hater. It's just teenage drama. Please, kill it fast.

1. As for the more rich people problems, they serve a purpose. They me be gross from the perspective that there are probably people out there that would kill for 50 dollar or less just to survive but it was these show that this ruthless Tony is just like Harvey, he's not in it for the money or the fame but for the win, to be the best is their ecstacy.

2. I agree about Mike's hair cut, he should do something about it but it's a very, very small issue.

3. This part was brilliant!

4. Ugh, more relationship drama...

5. I have no idea at all, I never liked Jessica anyway. She doesn't feel like a character at all, she feels like a God that made Harvey what he's today and she dances around the office controlling half the fortune 500 countries that are established in New York. I suppose it's more complicated, maybe a test. If Jessica is as good as we think she is (it's why the show isn't about her even if she's the boss) it's likely it's sincere but also a test and that she expects Harvey to make a move against her because she trained him.

6. Same thing like with Jessica. I think he likes her but that doesn't mean he can't use her at the same time and that automatically disqualifies any genuine feelings he has for her. Nevertheless, he's is Darby's fixer which mean Darby might need a back up plan in case Harvey and Jessica found a way to do something about the merge. I like him as a character, a bit too flashy but I like Donna's part much more in their arangement.

7. I don't know, just stop the romance and then when Rachel comes back a fully fledged lawyer she's gonna make a stand on the firm.

About Louise becoming too popular I can't say, I agree that his type of character is perhaps better suited as secondary character in the show but he's one of my favourites. He's new challenge with Nigel is also hilarious, it challenges him much better than he's pretending-antagonism he had with Harvey in the beginning which was awful.
More+
Flag
I disagree. Mike's haircut is not a small issue. It is a huge, gigantic problem. Here you have this weenie of a guy, he's not that likable to begin with, stick him in a relationship with a girl whose only purpose on the show is to be in that relationship. And then, you give him that hair cut. Why not just have something green hanging off his face while you're at it
Flag
1. This Mike/Rachel romance is terribly boring and I have no interest in it. He was far better with the girl Jenny from S1. They had real chemistry as well as a back story and she offered something different to the office politics.

2. Get Mike/Harvey back on the cases together and get this Ava case wrapped up already. Last thing we want is another anti-climax like the S2 finale.

3. Get rid of this English firm.

4. Whilst i think the writers are cautious with giving Louis more screen time due to his ever increasing popularity, the guy is a goldmine and has the potential to steal this show. I for one am ready for another vicitm to get Litt up!!
Flag
The problem with much of the story that came before "Shadow of a Doubt" is that, for whatever reason, intentional or not, the characters that we've invested so much time in and so much attention to suddenly stopped being fully-realized "people" on the TV screen.

That is so true. I am looking forward to next weeks episode when they go 10 years back in time. It's necessary. Harvey is basically a cardboard character, and I just re-watched the pilot episode, and that was way more personal, had more depth than the last episodes. It struck me - as I had forgotten about it - that Jessica is basically Harvey's mother. She found him when he was a mess, she paid his way through Harvard and hired him. So this is betrayal to the highest extend. I miss a clear motivation for Harvey to work Jessica out of her own company, as she is the one who created him in a way.

So yes, next week I hope some loose ends will be tied up, like the one episode in which we see Harvey in casual clothing going to the graveyard to visit his father, drinking a whiskey on him for instance. I'd like to see more out-of-office screentime with the characters and less following cases through their completion. The case is now used as a vehicle to get Harvey as managing partner in and Jessica out, because the case itself is quite boring and nothing much at stake in the sense that I don't care about Ava Hessington, so I don't care if she get's convicted or not. And I would love to care about that, not only because of Harvey's questionable reason to win this case, but also that there would be more at stake than only Harvey's interest.

Furthermore I think that we need Harvey to show more of his inside world, as he is getting unbelievable as a character, as a person. Besides that, I'd like Louis to Litt a woman up for real. Not the crazy filmg he had with that one woman, but also for him to find a true love interest. And see more of his personal life. We see it now - finally - with Rachel, that took a while, Mike we know all about, so that's why next weeks episode is going to be one to watch, as I hope and expect to find out more (seeing the promo) about Harvey and Donna, and Harvey as a young boy getting to Pearson Hardman.
More+
Flag
Jessica is smart. She's being sincerely smart. Hard to say if it will truly influence Harvey but I hope so. I wasn't really supportive of his coup plan anyway. I frankly thought he was being an azz about the whole thing but I can't help but still like him - he's Harvey. Mike? Yeah, not so much.

Unfortunately, as soon as British Harvey tried to ask Donna what was up at work after they had finished nookie, I thought he might be attempting to use her for information. She's smarter than that though so and if/when she decides that's what he's after, she'll drop him like a hot potato but she'll still be hurt and I don't want Donna hurt:-(

Stanford being an out for Rachel? Could be and I'm okay with that. I've hated Mike ever since he hooked up with that married chick right when Rachel was ready for him so I'm behind her getting away and doing something for her. I thought him being upset at her prospect was SUPER selfish but yeah, that's Mike. Ugh!
Flag
Rachel is going to fake her degree just like Mike did.
Flag
Why not? It seems to have worked for him, and no one is terribly upset about it. It's quite a time saver.
Flag
Harder to do, she's "known" in the legal world. Her firm knows her work-days and hours and whether-or-not she's been to school. Working as a paralegal at a big firm over 40 hours a week makes it hard to go to school. It might be possible or even plausible, but NOT without your bosses knowing about it. Plus she presumably has friend at stuff at work that know what she's up to and would expect to know if she had taken finals and such.

Michael appeared out of nowhere, presumably finishing full-time schooling. So there's less to question with whether-or-not he went. Check with the school, see his credentials, and he's done.

Rachel's only shot to fake it would be to go to another firm that doesn't have much interaction with her current firm and lie saying she did night classes without anyone knowing.
Flag
I don't give a fuck. The storyline is total BS! Rachel will never go to any school. It is just Mike/Rachel relationship drama.
Flag
She will get into one of the east coast schools and Mike will see her once every other episode and they will talk on the phone during the other episodes. The Stanford thing is just to introduce more drama into the relationship but they probably don't want to kill it with long distance,
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
Flag
This episode was definitely a breath of fresh air. A lot of focus on characters and even on cases rather than soapy character melodrama.

Mike's reaction to Rachel possibly leaving reminded me of the bad behavior he'd give 2 seasons ago, interesting choice but not wrong.

Loved Harvey addressing the Donna issue like a calm person who respects her, that was a nice change of pace after recent events. And then it happened again with Harvey and Jessica, even if not all things were back on solid ground.

Stephen needs to go because he's designed to be temporary, it'd be nice if he weren't a mustache-twirling villain but he clearly has a style that is meant for the other side of the pond.

I think you're selling Ava short as a character, but maybe I'm giving the acting too much credit, the show presented her as a cold character that mixes Harvey and Jessica's strengths, then made her incompetent, then tried to make her compassionate and she is now really hard to get a bead on. So maybe you're right, you're certainly right that the rest of this season lost touch with the characters that drove Suits.

THANK YOU, yeah, Mike's current hair is actively distracting to have to look at.

I've stopped trying to read Jessica, they've made HER a mustache-twirling villain and a clumsy ninny in great suits who trips herself up at every turn.

Why would Stephen not be into Donna? She's got it going ON.

Tragically, Stanford is probably a ruse because the show isn't going to give up one of its stars.
More+
Flag
Louis sitting and chatting with Donna was such a lovely moment. He's just a guy who wants to be accepted, like everyone else.
Flag
I'm not looking for to another flashback episode.. Although rewind was an episode I liked.

This season feels off... I'm still not exactly sure why yet. I was actually begging Katrina to show up and spice things up. One thing that has troubled me is Mike was completely open with Rachel and she seems to still be holding back. Of course that could be the fault of the writers not developing Rachel. Harvey not knowing how to use the printer! haha He called Donna like a lost little puppy lol Anybody want to take bets on when Mike and Rachel will break up? I'm noticing a few red flags and those do tend to sink ships.
Flag
The sooner they break up the better. Sorry for the actress that plays Rachel but I have no interest in her at all and shes taking the shine off of Harvey/Mike.

The girl Jenny from s1 was far more suites to Mike. They had history and an abundance of chemistry.
Flag
They have a lot working against them just getting out of the gate. One of the things Rachel wanted more than anything... Mike just faked getting. No matter how much she likes him and says she forgives him, that's always going to be at the back of her mind. And every time the conversation comes up, it's just a reminder.

Now add to that: they work together, Mike outranks her, stress from keeping the secret, stress from fearing someone else will reveal the secret, etc. It all adds up.

Now there's the potential for the long-distance relationship... which is hard enough when you're NOT spending 20 hours/day on law school.

Flag
It would be like: your parents say if you want to get a car you have to save up and buy it yourself. So you're working after school doing hard work, missing time with your friends, etc.

After a whole year you really don't have much to buy that car yet. Then your best friend pulls up in the brand new BMW their father said if they kept out of trouble they'd get the car. Unknown to the father, your friend is STILL a big trouble-maker but just tricked him.

But THEN you find out that you have to instead spend your money on something else and can't buy a car at all: like fixing your parent's deck or something.

Your happy for your friend having the car of their dreams, but in the back of your mind you're a LITTLE resentful. They got what they wanted through trickery, and you're not getting what you wanted.
Flag
For one, Mike's hair is not awful...wtf?
And two, i agree for once with you, the episode was fantastic! (or wonderful in your words)...but just like every other episode...seriously!
And i still see no negativity here whatsoever! Still one of the best...
Flag
See, that's the horror of the haircut. You glance at him and think it's the same as it's always been. And then you realize it's been shaved up the sides for no apparent reason. the modified Moe will never be an acceptable hairstyle. I would rather he had just gotten a purple mohawk. That would have looked better.
Flag
Great Episode! I think Stephen will be using Donna. He asked the question of what Harvey wanted on the phone, that was the first introduction however, I can't decide whether he will genuinely care about her or not in the end. Maybe he is interested in her but it will ultimately lead to him betraying her. I can't wait to see Harvey and him battling it out. I was a little disappointed by Harveys reaction. It was interesting what Stephen said to him, I think that Harvey had only the case in mind when he threw him off the case, but stephen wanted to make it about Donna, which it wasn't..what does that tell you..another reason why I think stephen will use her. Loved how Donna said that Stephen throwing Donna in harveys face would make them awkward.... between them... not Donna and harvey..found that funny as Donna and Harvey are so tight and she was pretty much saying that she always would have harveys back hands down. Stephen doesn't stand a chance. Finally I think that next week it will show that Donna was the one to call halt to Harvey and Donna happening, not that she was rejected but Harvey was because she didn't want to go there or get hurt. That would be very interesting and a slight twist on what we are expecting
More+
Flag
Maybe Stephen is jealous of her relationship with Harvey, and that's why he wanted to know what Harvey wanted. If I was a guy dating Donna, I would not be comfortable with how close she is to Harvey.
Flag
True, it could play that way. His nose might be out of joint because of Harvey. Any man would be jealous since she made it clear that she would pretty much always back Harvey. I can see this being an issue in the future. Will the next episode just get here already the promo pics look amazeballs..yes I just said that
Flag
I forgot to add to two things...the whole cat thing seems staged. I think Louis is in for some more heartbreak. What are the chances that he loves cats too, and finally, what if Stephen is the fiance of that lawyer Harvey was seeing BOOM mind blown!
Flag
Donna being "used"~what do you mean? They have a consenting relationship and he really hasn't dragged work into it except when he was talking to Harvey and trying to figure out why Harvey was upset with him. That came off as genuine. Also I don't think Donna is the type of woman to allow herself to be used against her will (except maybe by Harvey).
Flag
One can be "used" while being fully willing. It doesn't mean forced or coerced. In this case, he might be making a long-con to do something to Harvey.

Example: sSome girl hits on you at a bar and you go out and continue to have a fun time. Meanwhile unbeknownst to you she's just using you to get to know your flat-mate.

You're still having a fun time and enjoying her company for weeks, and she's subtle about it enough that you assume she's just being friendly to your flat-mate since he's your friend and doesn't want to alienate him.

But then eventually you catch on to what's going on and realized she was just using you to get to your flat-mate. You still had fun up to your realization and were more than willing... but you were still used.
Flag
Yes, Rachel, move your boring ass to California. Please.
Flag
I think Jessica may actually be sincere, but it's more out of fear than the sudden urge to "wear the white hat" and do the right thing. I think Darby shutting her down, and swiftly dressing her down, really humbled Jessica. And on top of it, I think she wants to get rid of the creep and knows she needs Harvey to do it.

As for British Harvey, I think he started out using her, but in true rom-com glory has started to legitimately care for her. I wonder if Darby actually sent him there to hit Harvey where it hurts (Donna) but British Harvey won't be able to go through with it, because he realizes all the awesomeness that is Donna.
Flag
Donna is awesome, no doubt about it.
I don't think Jessica ever acts out of fear. She feels it and understands that it can lead her to make mistakes, but she always seems to act in a reasoned, measured manner. She's thought through what she's doing. Remember, she's playing chess, not checkers.
Flag
Ha, so Harvey ends up running back to mommy for help. Both amusing and pathetic, at the same time, considering this is the same man who's been deliberately and relentlessly trying to undermine Jessica from behind the scenes. I think the writers really do enjoy having sleazy characters like Cameron and Giannopoluos around just to make the others come across as more sympathetic. If it's not Darby being a pompous ass or Ava demonstrating why the viewers shouldn't give a damn about her, it's the aforementioned other two serving the purpose of humanizing Harvey, Stephen and Jessica.

I don't quite know what to make of the Mike-and-Rachel romance subplot, but at least the writers are finally giving Rachel more of a relevant story line with the Stanford possibility instead of having her being Mike's sex toy. Eh, I'm sure Rachel will be around by the end of this season/beginning of next season, unless, in the unseen circumstance that Meghan Markle wants out, of which I haven't noticed any indicators. Louis was actually the least-important character among the main cast this week, but his scenes are always entertaining regardless of with whom he's interacting.

Donna continues to exude excellence merely by breathing, but I also enjoy her scenes with Stephen and feel they make a genuinely great pairing. I was intrigued the way Donna reacted to Harvey's answer when she told him about the "arrangement," only because it appeared that she was yearning for a stronger response from him--one which she seemed disappointed in not receiving. I could be reaching, but it's almost as if Donna wanted the "I'll fight for you!" reaction from Harvey, which is a bit unusual since she claimed (in season two) that her feelings for Harvey don't extend beyond friendliness/a familial-esque relationship.

Next week's episode should be a long-awaited one, but I wonder how the writers will work Rachel and/or Louis into the story-lines. It'll be nice to see more of Mike's past relationship with Trevor in hindsight, prior to it collapsing and everything between them--from trust, to honesty, to even which women the two date--degrading entirely (even though it was that very friendship which led to Mike stumbling into Harvey's office). I suppose the following episode will finally shed some light on what led Trevor to stray down such a dangerous path in life?

Notes:

---The bet between Harvey and Stephen instantly reminded me of Mitt Romney offering to bet Rick Perry $10,000 during one of the GOP primary debates. I had a nice big laugh during that scene.

---Whoever said Mike looks like a "weenie" with that hairstyle was spot-on. I have a really difficult time taking the guy seriously when the camera focuses on that... well, whatever that is.

---If there's one character I want to remain with the show outside of the main cast, it is Nigel. He doesn't account for too much time during each episode, but his moments are memorable and his lines, snazzy as heck. Nigel also manages to entice the best responses from Louis, which are downright comical (in the good way).

---Ah, but it's okay because they were told about his secret. You got to know the difference, MaryAnn! /sarcasm

---Yes, I believe it was sincere because Jessica isn't the type who regularly experiences the kind of treatment like which she recently received from Darby. I thought it was an authentic attempt on her part to reach out to Harvey and help rebuild the damaged bridge between them.

---Too early to tell, as Darby might have been behind the whole "arrangement" from the get-go. I wouldn't rule-out anything at this point, but it does seem a little coincidental that around the same time British!Harvey arrives at the firm, he (Stephen) wittingly charms Donna and they soon after jump into bed with one another.

---Also too soon for us to know, but if Meghan Markle's looking to quit or work on a different project, it could give Rachel a perfect excuse to leave the cast.
More+
Flag
I thought Donna was disappointed in Harvey's reaction too. Even if she isn't interested in him personally, she probably expected more of a reaction than indifference. On a work level at least he should have been unhappy with it. Maybe Harvey showing no emotion, was in fact Harvey showing us how much he cares? He needed to use his poker faceto hide that he is crying inside. Or probably not.
Flag
This is a red herring. She's going to school on the east coast. She may go to Stanford and be gone for an episode or two, but will come back in time to catch Mike with Katrina. I'm bored in advance of this story.
Flag
"I'm bored in advance of this story."

This. So much win. YES. I'm with you.
Flag
Good review, but don't really understand why Ava is unlikable.

She is actually not guilty of the murders and she is willing to lose tons of money just to remain the boss of the company she herself started. That is a nice commitment, shows more than just pure greed - the opposite of Tony Giannopoulos.
The only crime she did was bribe those warlords and in that part of the world that's basically like flirting with a cop to get him to not write a ticket for you. I know I know... A crime is a crime, but certain parts of the world just work a little differently. And there are no purely clean businesses there.

So why is Ava such a bad person.
Flag
I don't think it's her actions, it's more her personality, she is hard to warm to. I mean she is what you would expect from someone in her position. She is a strong, powerful, and unapologetic person, but it's hard to empathise with her. She's not a bad person, just not a likeable person.
Flag
I loved the scene with Louis and Donna in the Kitchen - Was so witty and funny... and Louis at the end asking "Uhh, can I come?" <3
Flag
Glad I wasn't the only one loathing Mike's haircut. His barber is a butcher.
Flag
We should bring a class-action lawsuit against him for making us look at it.
Flag
Sure Harvey wants his name on the door, but his actions are not solely because of that. Harvey feels that Jessica betrayed him, and he wants revenge. Harvey is one of New Yorks top and toughest lawyers and I like that the show portrays him as angry and mean at times, because he didn't get where he is on his (albeit wonderful) charm alone. Rachel was quite tolerable in this episode. Rachel and Mike are very like Leonard and Penny, their relationship has been over used and people are fed up of it, but when they get along and bit of comic relief is thrown in, it's okay.
So I think Stephen left a goodbye note on Donna's desk. He better not have broken up with her on a post-it!!!!!
Flag
This show always brings a smile to me. I can't remember a bad episode. You are saying that "the show is back" but I don't think it was gone anyway. I like the idea of one long lawsuit rather than each episode new one. I really want to know how MIke's secret will end up - he can't stay a lawyer that way for the rest of his life. Just curious ...
Flag
Certainly not if he keeps spilling the secret to everyone he meets.
Flag
Only Harvey, Donna, Jessica and Rachel know that's hardly everyone he meets. Its really just the people that hired him and his girlfriend.
Flag
Yes, but if two knows its only a matter of time before he finds himself in a case against very powerful enemy who will try to find dirt on Mike and "boom" - no valid diploma.
Flag
Suits has been good all season long to me, and this episode was no different. I loved it. Everybody's emotions definitely came out to play, and it was entertaining and dramatic to watch.

Team Jessica is stronger than ever thanks to her gesture at the end, which I believe was sincere. Jessica definitely still has a problem with being number two, but doesn't have a problem sharing the power as long as she gets to keep her firm going. Good for her!! Her conversation with Ava was well-covered by you. I agree with everything you said: Both women are very similar, but Jessica had the smarts and the strength to say "Okay, let's work together for the sake of my company". Like I've said, Jessica can be cold and ruthless at times, but it comes with her job. I love her decision-making and I would honestly do most of the same she did. Ava could learn A LOT from Jessica, in my opinion.

I'm still not ready for Harvey to ascend to that position yet, and given his nature is alot like Jessica's, putting him there wouldn't institute some radical change in thinking. I think it would be worse because of how he's doing it. I still like the guy, but the spoiled brat needs to exercise a little more patience and understanding. Just look at his treatment of Donna and Steve. I rest my case!!!

Speaking of Donna and Steve, I like the two together. Donna deserves to be happy just like Harvey can be. Once again, Harvey needing to be the boss of EVERYTHING, and his behavior comes across as bullcrap.

Louis and Nigel bonding over a cat: HILARIOUS!! I loved them getting along and fighting, believe it or not.

Good review of the Mike and Rachel part. Same thoughts here. I like the two together, but Rachel needed something to give the relationship and herself a true test. I was honestly shocked by the Stanford thing, but in a good way. Their arguments and debates were very adult and needed to happen cause this is a serious issue. I've been in a long-distance relationship for a year and a half now, so I know how they feel. If they can hurdle this, then they DEFINITELY have a chance.
More+
Flag
1) $50,000 grand is 50 million dollars. Darned liberal arts majors.
2) Who else was in the scene that your only option was to look at Mike?
3) Those need to reappear on peoples' desks for the rest of the series.
4) Was it? I only count 5 apart from him.
5) I had mixed feelings on this, but I think she's smarter than she is nice, so I'm leaning towards it being a move. It will influence him enough to make the firm Pearson Specter by the final episode of the season.
6) He's into sex with Donna. I don't think he's really using her. Donna is her own reward so there's really no need to look for ulterior motives.
7) Eh, who cares?
Flag
Staff
lol re: #1 just an editing typo. Will fix.
Flag
I think the more interesting tidbit that I got from the Jessica-Ava conversation was how Jessica Pointed out that while she did make a deal that she is not 100% pleased with and was trying to get Ava to do likewise-she would try to get Ava out of the deal later. I think that it means Jessica has something similar up her sleeve to deal with Darby. I also think that is part of the reason why she pulled the Pearson Darby Specter move on Harvey. She knows that going up against Darby alone while Harvey is pissed at her is not a smart thing. She needs Harvey to be on the same side as her. I feel like she has some serious groundwork going on here and that she is so patient that she will take her time in wooing Harvey back. As for the Mike-Rachael bit, I really don't care. Yes it was much easier to watch their scenes together this week as they were more grown up acting, but I really think this Stanford thing is dumb. Why can't the relationship just exist as part of the world they are in? Why do we need more crap for them to go thru? I was already tired of the back and forth, will they or won't they junk that happened before...I just want to move on.
Steven and Donna....I think that she was super disappointed that Harvey did not seem to care at all that she was with the other guy., I think she was expecting him to get jealous. I think that she cares for Harvey but knows that it would not work out for them-she knows him so well that she realizes what she would be putting herself through if she got involved with him. It hurts but she is pretty damned smart.
More+
Flag
I reaaaaally hate to admit this, but I don't hate Mike and Rachel together as long as they aren't drumming up problems just for drama's sake. When they work in tandem, they are fine. Rachel isn't as annoying and Mike's hair is, no, sorry, his hair is still unacceptable.
Flag
I feel the same. Their relationship was tolerable for this episode. However, it does feel like they were only allowed get along because she won't be around for much longer.
Flag
I really hope British Harvey is not using Donna, because she is the best character. The only thing that might make up for it, is if Harvey original, punched British Harvey. I also loved the scenes with Nigel and Louis, especially the one with the cat.

I also hope we get to see Louis's face when he finds out just what was creating Donna's "glow"
Flag
I think Steven really does like Donna. I'm not saying he's not using her, because everybody on this show is somebody else's bitch, but I do think he likes her.
Flag
I hope you are right.
Flag
Great episode! Nigel and Louis are the bomb. :D
I haven't noticed Mike's haircut before either, but it was TERRIBLE this episode....
Why all the Ava hate? I like her. A lot. I think she's extremely intelligent and ruthless in the business world while still having a heart. Not to mention I'm still (STILL!) reeling from the Red Wedding so having her around is easing me into the idea that she's gone.....
Flag
Her voice just grates on my last nerve. I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I don't know her from there.
Flag
Suits never lost it's "Groove" !!! Every episode since season 1 is just amazing. I love everything about this show and I wouldn't change a thing!!! Except maybe Mike's haircut ...
Flag
One of the most difficult things to do is critique a story that isn't yet complete--except, of course, Under the Dome. So I agree that Suits never lost its groove. But it IS fun to discuss, isn't it?
Flag
We don't have any problem with critiquing here... We are all so opinionated and passionate about what we like. And I have a lot of fun discussing. I am so sorry that English is not my first language because I have so much that I want to say... Sometimes I like reading the reviews more than I like the episode for example Tim's Revolution and Under the Dome. But here with Suits I never agree with the review...

Flag
Hey! Speak for yourself. I am not opinionated; I'm just right.
Flag
It was a good episode. No real complaints other than the using of Donna. It was a good wrap up and a good set up episode.

The case, is thankfully winding down. Only because I really can't stand the whole thing between Harvey and the US Attorney. It is kind of silly.

Ava Hesington, though I like the character really has run its course. But the whole comparison between her and Jessica after they separated them out last episode? Conveniently, Ava is an innocent trying to work in a world of corruption and attempts to do the right thing. Jessica will do anything and everything including actually paying for the murders of people to get what she wants. Jessica is despicable and willing to use anyone. And now they have a bonding moment? Come on. Either set Jessica up for the villain or don't.

Harvey wasn't bad this episode. His speech to Steven however was likely just a preview of a triangle episode with him, Donna and Steve. Which will be annoying. And there is also going to be a triangle with Katrina, Mike and Rachel. And that is a lot of triangles and relationship stuff that I am not sure any of us want to get into.

Rachel and Mike acting mature was kind of strange. I am not sure how to take it. Likely as I said above it is prelude to Katrina driving a wedge between them and Rachel acting crazy jealous. Which might be fun, I just don't see it being that much fun.

The stuff with Louis was hilarious. He really has been the best thing about this season. Kind of missed the interaction with Katrina though.

Notes;

Yea rich people problems. Sheesh if someone did that in front of me I would grab bond and pay off the rest of my student loans. And then punch him, hard.

It could be worse. It could be a total buzz cut.

As would anyone.

Plus it is a silly secret.

No. Not even a little bit. It was strategic. I would like to believe that she sincerely wanted Harvey's name on the wall and that she learned her lesson from being treated like a second banana by Darby. But more likely she sees them siding with each other and is trying to give Harvey what he wants to insure she is still at the head of the firm. Harvey should see this. However, this might be what shows everyone that Darby is/was trying to pit them against each other so that he can gain more strength and try to slip his number 2 Steve in the slot.

I would like to think he is. I mean it is Donna, who wouldn't be into her. But I just don't see that playing out. It goes along with the story they are building if he is using her. I would like to see Donna drop him like a bad habit. But I just don't see it.

Not sure, the whole thing with Katrina is going to happen. She might get in and then stay because of a jealously of Mike and Katrina. I would like to see it used as a reason for the both of them to grow up. But if Mike is Harvey then that isn't going to happen anytime in the near, distant or imagined future.
More+
Flag
I don't think Jessica is a villain. I think she's just a master manipulator in an office full of the same.
Flag
Wow Rachel's parents are waaaaay more interesting than her
even the mother that we are seeing for the first time (Maybe ?) was fun to watch
why won't these writers make her interesting ? i mean the only scenes that i like Rachel are the scenes with Donna and that's just because Donna makes everything AWESOME !!!
Flag
Great episode!!! I'm bored with the Rachel-Mike exchanges, but I found the visit to her parents place amusing. Louis is awesome as always, haha he asked Donna if he could join her "joga" classes and suggested she is having them 5 times/day!! I liked the way they solved the case. Also, Jessica showed her good side (honestly I don't get why people were so mad at her). And now Harvey has to make a difficult choice (hope he chooses Jessica). With that movement, Jessica also tries to bring them back to where they were (hope they do). I was a little surprised by Harvey's reaction when he found out about Donna and Stev, but I liked it, it set things straight for Donna. I also enjoyed how he argued with Stev. That's all. Can't wait till next weeks episode. It must be awesome!!!! (The can opener at last!!)
Flag
My thoughts: This episode actually didn't do it for me as well as episode two or four did. It's great that Rachel FINALLY gets some character development other than "I'm Mike's girlfriend and I love him and I like talking about sexy things with Donna." The addition of Mr. Zane was cool, and I like how they showed at the end of the day he really is a nice guy underneath that suit, unlike his buddy Hardman, who was a snake through and through. Mike's reaction was somewhat justified, but also I'm a bit wary of Rachel leaving for Stanford for a grand total of 10 minutes, then deciding Mike is worth throwing Stanford away and coming back to see him in bed with Katrina. (Since now that Mike and Katrina get along, the writers HAVE to add a romantic element to their relationship, riiiiiight?)

I'm glad Louis and Nigel made up, and I love how their bond formed around Nigel's cat. Louis loved his cat to death, so it made sense that Nigel had a kitty that he adored as well (though, I gotta admit, I was kind of expecting a dog, namely a Corgi, cause those are the most British dogs you can get.) I hope Louis and Nigel work together in the future instead of going back to bickering. Louis needs friends, and although he's on great terms with his associate, Katrina, there's no way in hell the two of them would go mudding together.

Donna, Donna, Donna... I knew from day one that her relationship with Stephen would be a train wreck, and this seems to solidify it. I know the two of them are not mutually exclusive, but revenge sex with an enemy's daughter while you're sleeping with the most awesome woman on the show is low. It seems that the writers need to find something wrong with Stephen so that it justifies the inevitable choice Donna will make by breaking up with him and running back to Harvey. (BTW, Donna's reaction to Louis offering to join in her "Yoga" session was priceless.)

Jessica seemed like the only person this week who had her feet back on the ground. It was smart of Harvey to actually ask Jessica to help him when he got stuck, and she handled the situation LIKE A BOSS! I'm really getting tired of what the writers are doing to her, though. One day she's the wise boss from season 1, the next day she's the paranoid boss from season 2 desperate to cling to her power. She made a TON of bad calls last week and did nothing to fix those bad calls, even when she had the opportunity too, and now they show her as back to being her old, wise, patient self. No wonder Harvey second guessed her "gesture" of having his name be put on the business card.

This was a confusing episode for me. I'm not sure I liked any part that didn't have Louis in it. And minus points for no Katrina, who I finally warmed up to.

More +
Flag
I'm really hoping the writers will resist the temptation to pair Katrina and Mike. It's bound to happen, but honestly it's such a yawn. Why do they think all women on the show have to fall in love with Mike? Really, even in the most romantically tangled of workplaces, one guy doesn't have all the women dropping at his feet. And he's such a weenie, I just don't buy it.
Flag
Um, did I miss something? Pretty sure Stephen didn't have revenge sex with Giannopoulos' daughter.....he had her subpoenaed. As in, he ordered her to appear in court to testify (presumably against her father).
Flag
Whoops, you're right. I heard "I slept with his daughter" not "I subpoenaed his daughter." My mistake. (Guess I learned not to eat crunchy food while watching Suits)
Flag
"– It's been mentioned before in the comments, but this was the first episode where I really noticed for myself how awful Mike's haircut is. Ouch."

THANK YOU! What on earth possessed him?! Did he, like, sit in the chair, looking at pictures of attractive haircuts, and then say, "Have you ever seen the three stooges?"
Flag
MaryAnn, please, I'm begging you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

Flag
So it is an official word (contraction)? I just use it in speech and not when writing. Interesting.
Flag
Yes, it's a contraction, short for you all. It's very common in the south.
Flag
The question (not worded well) was if it is official and not if it was a contraction since I thought it was a slang contraction. I often use it in speech (I use it all the time~~Texas) but not in writing.
Flag
I don't know whether contractions can ever be official. I would stay away from it if you're taking a speech or writing for an English class, but otherwise, I think it's accepted.
Flag
As a southerner, I have always been bothered by people who use it as a singular; however, I don't remember seeing it in the article.
Flag
the wiki link talks about it being used as a singular in the beginning of the article~~I think, from what I skimmed, that use as a singular is controversial.
What do y'all think? Ugh, looks horrible in writing but sounds great in speech (imo)
Flag
I think it's always improper to use as a singular. It would be like saying ladies and gentlemen when addressing one person.
Flag
Think of it as the English equivalent of the French vous. They get a word that either means you plural or you singular (formal), and we get a word that means you plural or you singular (informal). Because, why not?
Flag
Just before the notes started: "...and less of what ya'll were doing before." It happens almost routinely here, and from multiple authors.
Flag
The usage is always "correct" here at the site (afaicr). It's the frequent misplacement of the apostrophe that rankles me.
Flag
Harvey broke off with MIke because he wasn't loyal enough for him. But, now Harvey is being disloyal to Jessica. At least Mike did not betray Harvey deliberately, but because he was just trying to survive. Harvey trying to take Jessica's place is deliberate, so who is being disloyal now? I think Harvey will in the end get over his petulance and show where his true allegiance lies.
Flag
And that's what makes him so hypocritical and I love Harvey, and I love Jessica. The difference is, Jessica has every right to do what she pleases because of her status a as managing partner. Harvey was pissy with Mike for actually doing his job. Your boss, your actual boss makes a request, and you do it, no questions asked, if not for how Harvey treats Jessica (which he has more of a right too) and how Mike treats Jessica (when he hasn't earned the right to) Jessica wouldn't have felt compelled to blackmail Mike to do anything, because her authority should have been enough.

In Harvey's eyes it's not okay for her to leave him out of the loop, but he can leave her out of the loop and in the dark...well, ALL the time, if he can convince himself that it's for the good of the firm or he has the firm or her best interest at heart. Ironic, given the fact that everything that Jessica does is usually for the best interest of the firm, or so she thinks. Harvey's fierce loyalty is one of his most admirable qualities, however it's warped, beyond warped. It's what made his character so frustrating this season so far. His jumping on board the wanting to overthrow Jessica so quickly, just because of one infraction, when she's stood by him through a multitude of similar infractions almost went against everything we know of Harvey. So much so, that I was convinced that his plans to overthrow Jessica were complete BS and he was really trying to get to Darby so that he could get Darby out of the picture while proving to Jessica that he was right, and still get his name on the door. Because that's more in line with his character. The fact that he never sees himself as disloyal when he deliberately misleads and lies to Jessica on the regular basis, even though he's doing it to protect her, but he sees her as disloyal when she partnered up with Darby behind his back but made a deal so that Harvey could also benefit from him is kind of insane. It's the insnaity that comes with being selectively rational and logical versus being selectively emotional. From the end of season two up until now, the guy who swears up and down that he's against having emoitons, has been bordering on an emotional basketcase since then.
More +
Flag
Harvey has his own sense of loyalty. See he views Jessica as being disloyal to him by not elevating his stature in the firm and going behind his back to partner with Darby. This wasn't the first time she has gone behind his back. But he views loyalty as who is loyal to him and expects that to win out over anything , no matter what it is, because he is narcissistic enough to think that whatever it is he can handle it, as in the case with Mike.
Flag
Harvey is a five year old in a business suit.
Flag
I'm just going to start going down the line and liking all of your comments because they are that bloody hilarious each time.
Flag
For the 33rd week in a row, Louis Litt wins the episode.
Flag
How dare you speak against Harvey MaryAnn. Anyways, still hate Mike and Rachel and the rest of the characters are all great. Litt continues to bring me great joy. Jessica is great at making me think she's decent but in the back of my mind I think she's always playing some kind of angle. Donna is the best character of all time, but no way she would ever go for the British Harvey... he's too short for her. My only request for this show is to have an entire episode devoted each to Harvey, Donna, and Litt, and just show what their weekends are like. I want to see Litt dress up cats and have tea parties with them.
Flag
I love this show. It gets better and better. I think that Jessica may be playing Harvey. I am getting sick of the Mike and Rachel thing. I want to see more of Donna's relationship development. Louis is my favorite character so far this season.
Flag
Mike is still rocking the oh-so-sad- modified Moe. It makes him easier to continue to dislike. On the plus side, Ava Of The Horrible Voice wasn't in the show too much, so I did get to watch it. Happy that Litt is once again enjoying feline company.
Flag
Anyone who knows the name of the song at 19:15 - 19:30 in this episode?
Flag
The Record Company - Ain't Love Warm (or maybe Worn).

If my Google skills are any indication, it's extremely hard to find. Only place I found it is here:
https://soundcloud.com/therecordcompanyprivate/aint-love-worn
Flag
Thanks dude :)
Flag
i'm 19 so is it weird that i find Donna alot attractive than most of the girls my age ?
also i can't seem to find the answer to this question:
what is more attractive about Donna her looks or her personality ?
Flag
It's not her looks or personality, it's her confidence.
Flag
It's the whole package, baby.
Flag
hhmm I think Jessica knows about the deal, Harvey made with Darby..This is getting interesting by the day..
Flag
Didn't think this was the strongest episode, but I chuffing love Louis more than ever after his make up with Nigel because of the cat. Haven't laughed so hard in ages :)
Flag
But did they really make up? The whole episode was about secrets and manipulating people (actually on some level that's what the entire show is) so isn't it possible that Nigel is just using Louis? I wouldn't rule out law suits and feline custody battles before the end of the season.
Flag
I think he saw a way to manipulate Luis with the cat and took it. Luis was about to rip Nigel a new one but stopped because of the cat. Nigel is talking advantage of Luis's cat weak spot.
Flag
I think they made up for all of a few minutes! Agreed, someone is always at enmity with someone on this show and friends the week after. One thing remains though; Louis' hilarity :)
Flag
Is it just me or did Donna seem disappointed when Harvey wasn't upset about Donna/Stephen?
Flag
Not sure. She sounded like she thought he would be more disappointed. Harvey said that he didn't want this to become a thing. Couldn't really make out what he meant by " I can see that". I think Stephen wanted it to be an issue with Harvey because from what I could see it wasn't an issue with Harvey at all and Stephens comments about Harvey having it in for them in the beginning were not justified at all.
Flag
Oh yeah, she looked disappointed
Flag
I'm fine with Donna/Stephen. It's great to see Donna's life outside of the office even though it's never really outside the office. I like them. It doesn't help I know now Beesley is Dice from Glitter which was my favorite cheesy 90s movie. So I'm game.
I don't know how I feel about the ending just yet because I'm unsure about it all and because it came from left field, but I'm glad it's left open ended to a wide range of possibilities (he says yes end of feud, he says no end of feud, he says no continues takeover efforts, etc) that will either make me say yay to the writers or nay.
Louis and the cat was the highlight though. Rick is so great!
Flag
OMG next week's promo !!!!
we're gonna get to see the whipped cream story !!!!!
next week could be the best episode of Suits even though it's a flashback episode
Flag
Sqqquuuuuuueeeel! OK so what I am wondering is and this is spoilerish so stop reading now if you want...........................BUT in a recent interview sarah said that we find out why harvey doesn't sleep with people he works with. This kinda disappoints me because it suggests that Harvey is the one to call hault to them together and it suggests that something happened with someone else at the office. WHO? I'm intrigued and I was kinda hoping that Donna was the one to be weary. It would have been better that way.
Flag
Hang on didn't he sleep with scotty and he did work with her, but then again he sent her to London so he didn't want to work with her.
Flag
Yeah, Donna+DoucheySexualHarassmentBrit is still horrible.
Flag
I'm not really a fan of the character, but sexual harassment has pretty specific requirements. How do you figure their relationship fits that definition? Does he have power over her in the workplace? Did he promise her something? Did she indicate his advances are unwanted? I mean, I miss things sometimes, and I forget things sometimes, so refresh my memory if these are things that happened.
Flag
none of those happened and I'd love to see what would happen to the fool who would try to sexually harass Donna
Flag
I miss Donna and Harvey, and I real hope they get back into stride. Also I think Jessica knows about the deal, Harvey made with Danby.
Flag
My gut tells me that Jessica knows about the deal. She is one shrewd lady
Flag
I agree. Even Harvey admits Jessica is always playing chess while he's playing checkers. Meanwhile, Cameron should quit while he's behind. There's not a DA alive who would try a case when chain of custody is in question.
Flag
It didn't hit me until a little while after having watched the episode, but Rachel going away to school is probably how the writers are going to introduce Katrina as a love-interest to Mike (since they already buried the hatchet in last week's episode).

Calling it now... ugh.
Flag
no more love triangles or love interests....please don't let this show head more into soap opera territory
Flag
I like Katrina better
Flag
Katrina is cool. Katrina being friends with Mike is cool. Katrina as a love interest for anybody is a frakking awful idea.
Flag
I don't think Katrina would be a terrible love-interest for Mike. Heck, I wouldn't even mind a Katrina, Rachel, and Mike love-triangle.

However, my problem is: I don't think the writers can write compelling romance/relationships (romantic ones, because their bromance writing is excellent).

That's my issue. I can't see them writing a compelling storyline that would EVER get us, as viewers, to believe Mike would pick Katrina over Rachel. So, there would never be any stakes (we'd always know it'd be Rachel-Mike in the endgame), and any scenes wasted on such a plotline would just be taking away from Suit's more awesome aspects (e.g. anything and everything Louis, anything and everything Donna, and the bromantic mentor/mentee relationship between Mike and Harvey).
Flag
I think you're spot on about the writing. This show does great bromance but the romance is melodramatic and angsty, like high school. It is not that I think it cannot be done, but thus far they've not done it well.
Flag
Oh, I can believe why Mike might pick Katrina over Rachel. He's a cheater, a consummate one (also, turnabout is fair play considering that he cheated on Jenny with Rachel) and Rachel is a clingy, jealous, insecure, whiny and high maintenance girl. Truth be told, I'm not sure what Mike sees in her.

But execution is key. And a love triangle would suck horribly.
Flag
I can see Rachel going away and Mike having a one nighter with Katrina then ultimately regretting it. Rachel finds out and mike tries to win her back. I think that would be an interesting story line because you never know if Rachel will forgive him. Some girls forgive, and others just call it off...
Flag
Mike needs to learn not to date within in the office.
Flag
Ugh is right.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members