A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S03E07: "She's Mine"

"She's Mine" was one of those episodes that comes along after a time of great change on a show and basically resets everyone to the original factory settings, which leads me to believe that Darby's days at Pearson Darby Specter are numbered. The WTF-ery of Louis and Nigel's cat custody hearing aside, the outcome swiftly restored Louis' place as overlord of the associates. He rewarded Rachel for her service by pulling some strings and ensuring her a spot at Columbia, which means that no only does she no longer have to maybe possibly move to California to attend Stanford, Rachel doesn't even have to leave the city. Someone in the writers room remembered that Mike is supposed to have photographic memory superpowers, because his mad skillz were a vital part of ousting British Harvey for the snake that he was and with that confirmation of Stephen's villainy, Donna was free to go back to pining for her boss because that's totally healthy. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing that Suits put its toys back in their rightful spots this week. Worst kept secret at TV.com? I'm not crazy about this season so far, which is a shock that I'm still working toward getting over. The constant deferral to Harvey's omnipotence isn't new, but it's been grating this season because while every other character on the show underwent noticeable changes, Harvey not only stayed the same, but openly fought against the evolution of the firm. With Harvey's status as the constant on this show and the continued effort to void any big changes made to its characters, Suits seems to embrace stasis and if that's the game Suits wants to play, then okay, fine, let's play. 

Generally, a static story on a TV show is considered a more-bad-than-good thing, but there are certainly exceptions, and Suits itself has name-dropped two of those exceptions quite a bit in the past few weeks (though I didn't notice any obvious ones in "She's Mine"). The Sopranos and The Wire both embraced the idea that people, places, situations just don't change. After six seasons, Tony Soprano is still a probable sociopath with a soft spot for animals. After five seasons, Baltimore is still a declining, drug-infested industrial city with bone-deep corruption forcing the game into an endless checkmate. The Wire and The Sopranos are Great-with-a-capital-"G" shows and if Suits sees fit to draw from either or both of them in any small or large way, then yay for Suits. 

SO, here's what all went down in "She's Mine:"

Cameron wasn't bluffing about having Ava's evil general on his witness list. Jessica was PISSED–but some of that pissiness was left over from Harvey admitting to trying to overthrow her and part of that was just general Jessica pissiness. The parts of "She's Mine" that weren't occupied with that weird Louis/Nigel mock trial were mostly concerned with Jessica, Mike, and Harvey figuring out how Cameron got the general in the first place. 

STEPHEN–IT WAS STEPHEN. Why? Idk. He was acting on orders of Darby who was acting under orders of Nick or Ava or Nick and Ava and apparently, no one ever actually ordered the murders that got us stuck watching these crusty one-percenters bicker but someone–Steve probs–told the general to take care of things and he decided homicide was the way to go. Classy. British Harvey was pegged as the obvious choice for evil because he was on a rugby team with our general back in the day. Also Mike's superpowers. 

While the adults were trying to get things done, the rest of the office and Harold apparently didn't have to work and participated in a mock trial to determine who got custody of Nigel's cat–Nigel or Louis. Louis won and all of the associates realized that they actually appreciate him despite his casual daily mistreatment of them. It was actually a great little boost for Louis, who himself has been rather abused this season and definitely deserved the pick-me-up. But it was just such a weird story–and it took up so much time in the episode. 

But hey, Louis gets to go back to terrorizing the underlings, which has always brought joy to my heart when watching Suits. Yay Louis! 

Then Harvey punched Steve, because no Suits season is complete until Harvey punches someone in the men's room.

Now can we all get back to work, please? Kthnx. 

Case Notes

– So do you think Stephen was using Donna the entire time and their entire relationship was a sham, or was there a nugget of sincerity there? 

– Even if Ava is innocent-–and she probably is because that's how Suits rolls–can we talk about how all of this murder and bribery was happening and she had zero idea? I mean, I get trusting your second in command to not order murder in your name, but maybe a little bit of checking in from time to time would have helped? 

– What did you think of "She's Mine?"

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/10/2016

Season 6 : Episode 5

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/17/2016

Season 6 : Episode 6

177 Comments
Comments (177)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I loved the scenes with Louis, they were so funny.
Flag
Hey, it's that guy who sold Don Draper the Coop in season 2!
Flag
The cat mock trial this episode and the flashback last episode put a damper on the awesome season. I mean the cat mock trial when there real serious world issues to be dealt with pissed me off and Rachel was in it too. Glad that is over. now lets please get back to Eva Hessington!
Flag
all I'm saying this week are two words:

Pussy fights!

Read me next week.
Flag
Yeah, MaryAnn, my feelings on Suits this season are pretty much the same. I didn't hate this episode or anything, but my little happy go lucky Suits bubble got burst during the premiere. I really, really, really loved watching Suits. This summer, I just kinda, sorta like watching Suits...sometimes.

- I think there was some sincerity in Stephen. I think Stephen sincerely wanted to sex up Donna, and therefore he did. I think he genuinely liked her, because she is "Donna" rah, rah, rah, the sole character on the show whose name is used as a noun,verb, adjective, and adverb, oh my! I think he underestimated her among other things because he's evil British Harvey and he's arrogant, and an all around dick, with a narcissistic complex.
-It's plausible. It would speak to how trusting she is of Nick, of course. I mean if she was one to check in and Nick was one to give the run around, it's possible she didn't really know. But, she isn't the type of character to not know some things... Ava is the type of woman, where Nick could have came to her with a "hypothetical" situation, and she'd adamantly tell him that they can't do something all the while nodding her head and winking because something mysteriously flew into her eye.
-Oh boy. Literally as in the use of the title? It was about the cat mostly, and a bit about Donna. They always have those titles where it's about more than one thing and it all fits. But mostly the cat.

Other things:
  • So, a reset button. That's all nice and great if they hadn't have gone out of their way to make things so tense and (unbearable) climatic between the characters since the beginning of the season. Suddenly throwing in a reset button as a quick fix when you've spent all season ripping things apart is a cop out, irritating,unsatisfying, somewhat insulting to the viewers as well as the characters and story. It's sitting through everything you suffer through watching just to get to the big payoff, and the payoff was a whimper instead of a bang. Let's just gloss over all that shizz we drudged up in all this time and move one. WTF?!
  • Character Evolution. If you're going to reset the characters, than reset the characters. The problem isn't that the characters haven't evolved, it's in how they've evolved. Season one Jessica was amazing, but grossly underused. Season two character introduced this "other Jessica" who is described by most of the fandom as bitchy, pissy, ruthless and whatever else, but Season two gave us a reason why she was behaving all of that way. Season three, Jessica is still behaving like Daniel Hardman is roaming around the office wreaking havoc, and I don't understand why. I don't understand why and it's pissing me off, and I can't even describe just why I find it offensive on so many levels. Season one Mike was the newbie, not as confident, kinda awkward bleeding heart etc, etc, Season Two Mike started becoming a bit of a jackass, and season three, we have the know it all, arrogant, jackass that is Mike now, which is clearly what would happen for anyone under Harvey's tutelage, but he lost remnants of what he was as a character. Harvey, same way. He's always been the lovable prick. Badass enough to be awesome, just soft enough "deep down inside" to make him complex whatever. Season three Harvey, of all people, has become the moral police, but he isn't even following his own moral code, and his lack of self awareness contradicts the Harvey of season one and season two. You can reset the characters. You can evolve the characters, but when you completely revamp the characters, it's problematic. Or that bloody, back and forth thing. It's like watching a pendulum swing from one extreme to the other. There is no healthy balance between who some of these characters were and who they are now, and it's jarring.
  • The Mock Trial. Humor used to be one of the best things about Suits, but then they upped all the drama to a new level, and the humor that is there isn't fitting anymore. Like the Mock Trial. It should have and would have been entertaining at some point in time, but it just screamed episode filler. It was a gross disservice to Rick Hoffman, because the abysmal lack of proper Litt use is appalling on so many levels when he's probably the only consistently likable character this season. Once again Louis being the joke of the firm. It was something for Rachel and Louis to do to give us an endgame of Rachel being accepted to Columbia (Dear God, I hope she goes. Run, be free, do something other than only serving a purpose for Mike ) and Louis getting his associates back. All that aside, I think Rachel (in particular) and Louis shine best when they share the screen together. I love them working together. So even though it was positively ridiculous, I enjoyed some parts of watching it. I mean anytime Rachel can come across competent, I'm ecstatic.
  • Harold. It was great seeing Harold again. LOL!
  • Nigel and the cat business. I like the frenemies thing he and Louis have going on.
  • Another point of ridiculousness, either Jessica is the ruthless,career oriented bitch or she isn't. I don't care how much they've reworked her character, no one can ever even so much as imply that she's incapable of doing her damn job. Especially Mike. I'm sorry, I get the loyalty blah, blah, blah and all but it isn't his place to speak to Jessica as though they're equals. They don't have that type of rapport. It also fits into the weird character changes in most of them. Mike used to at least have a modicum of respect for the hierarchy. Harvey used to operate under a " no one messes with my .... but me" mentality..that extended to all of his people even when they were doing stupid stuff amongst themselves. Mike should take this Jessica and Harvey crap as an example of what he'll undoubtedly be dealing with down the road with Harvey. Mike, not Harvey, but MIKE, being the one to call himself checking Jessica for being "too emotional" that she's being irrational and so forth was out of line. Plain and simple, it isn't his place, and the disrespect and disregard he's had for her authority long before she used him against Harvey is insane and it's just been growing. Plus Harvey's been throwing an adult tempertantrum for most of the season and Mike has been enabling and indulging it rather than calling him out on it, but that's all fine. Mike himself allows his emotions to interfere with him doing his job properly on a daily basis, but to have the audacity to accuse Jessica of being highly emotional ( all the while insinuating that she shouldn't be. I mean he was accusing her of that as though she were somehow overreacting and out of touch, and it rang too close to some misogynistic crap than anything else) was just irritating as hell to watch. It's that type of selective stuff that makes this season so irritating for me. I feel like Mike has gotten entirely way too big for his britches, and he's too comfortable for someone who technically shouldn't be there. Second year associates should not wield the type of power that he tries to wield. I actually look forward to Louis getting his associates back if it means he can knock Mike back down to Earth with the rest. But you either accuse Jessica of being the ruthless type with no emotional ties to anyone, and only herself and her firm on her mind, or you don't. You can't have it both ways. Mike carries himself like he's untouchable now, and it isn't pleasant to watch. I mean it wasn't just that Jessica scene either, but the way he interacted with Cameron as well.
  • Stephen being shady was no surprise at all. Pretty much expected that. In fact, I can't even say I was terribly surprised when they figured out he organized the hits. He takes being a fixer to new levels.
  • Wonderful. They reminded us of Mike's superpowers.
  • So now the plan is to joining forces again and go after evil Darby. Sooooo even though Jessica requested a truce twice, now that Harvey lucked up and ended up being right about Darby, and I say lucked up because his initial reasoning for opposing the merger was all personal/emotional crap and had nothing to do with rational business making decisions. Now that he's right about Darby and he's getting his way again, he can go back to working with Jessica, and let's all laugh and chuckle and pretend like nothing happened, and Jessica can go back to being a powerful person with her hands tied by Harvey, and Harvey can continue being in the right w/o ever having to acknowledge any wrongdoing and take accountability for his own actions. Sure. Okay. For my own peace of mind, can he at least wheel out a mother fudging tea trolley?
  • No season is complete w/o Harvey kicking somebody's ass. Sure, Donna apologizing profusely (didn't know she had it in her, honestly, but nice to see somebody else is capable of that) and being at the point of tears pushed him over the edge. As it probably should have. Donna doesn't apologize and she doesn't cry, so when it does happen...ish got real. I've always been fond of Harvey's protective streak, even when it does come out with a gust of machismo that also makes me roll my eyes while smirking in pleasure. His being protective of the people he cares about, that is always one of his best qualities. So him engaging in a bathroom brawl with Stephen was to be expected, much like punching Tanner out when he did the double whammy of insulting Jessica (and denigrating Jessica and Harvey's relationship) all the while bringing up Harvey's mommy issues, or when he was all ready to beat the crap out of the guy who beat up Mike etc. I like protective Harvey. And you don't mess with his people, Donna, Jessica, Mike, Ray, hell, even Louis. I expected nothing less from him. It's what good friends do. I guess.
More+
Flag
Sooooo ... basically everything is back to the way it was before. I feel a little cheated ... and what was all that filler crap with the cat trial??
This was by far the worst episode of Suits in 3 seasons!
Flag
I don't know why I didn't think of this title thing before... did they create the whole cat thing so that they could call the episode "she's mine" and give some strange reference to Donna without really talking about it...?
Flag
Great episode! Does anybody know who the female associate dressed in black is? She was seen at the Mock Trial (in the audience, not on the jury) and then speaking to Mike briefly outside Harvey's office when Donna bumps into Mike. Screen shots on my blog.
Flag
Maybe I'm just reading into this, partially because I want to, but MAYBE "She's Mine" was covertly about Harvey and Donna.

Because... the moment of the night was at the end of the episode when Donna is crying and says, "sorry Harvey." That is when it hits Harvey that Donna, HIS Donna was used by Stephen.

You can see the realization in his face, like "oh, man." After he sees her crying. And of course then he goes and beats up Stephen to defend her honor, and of course because he totally screwed up his case.

So logically, which means it won't happen on the show, but logically wouldn't they just tell Darby that Stephen screwed the whole thing up, and then placed the blame on Ava, and then interfered to keep the blame on Ava. If Ava is Darby's pal, then he would side with her, fire Stephen, and help send his insubordinate ass to jail.... right?

We've never -I don't think- seen Donna in revenge mode, so that should be something really interesting to watch next week.

I know there's a murder trial and all, but I really don't care. I'm far more emotionally invested in Harvey and Donnas relationship. I know that's a long way coming, but it's going to be so good when it does.
More+
Flag
That was all about Donna. Harvey looked at her and saw her pain. It was a bit like when she took the fall for Harvey i.e. when she was sacked - specifically, when she was leaving the building [Sarah Rafferty does heartbroken incredibly well]. It's nice to see these over-slick egomaniac lawyers act with their hearts occasionally. Yeah I do like Suits but let's not forget that it's based on a branch of the law that is not known for humanity and compassion.
Flag
This week was very good, they've straightened out the funk they got into before the flashback episode. The Louis & Rachael team up was a lot of fun to watch, Louis has become my favorite character to watch this season
(Harvey became such a bully, I don't know what the hell they are doing with Mike, Jessica is not very interesting this season and Donna has been a mess since episode 1).
The moment Harvey started beating the sh*t out of Stephen really made the episode for me. I never really liked him to begin with, god only knows what is happening with the merger towards the end of the season as I think Darby is in on the hole frame job too.

This episode wasn't the breath of fresh air as last weeks flashback episode but it was still a damn good episode by Suits standards. 3 episodes left til it takes a break and I think they will pull out all the stops before Suits sales off for a few months.
Flag
One thing I don't understand. The murders were not committed in the US. Ava is British. How can she be tried for murder on US soil?
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
They hired an British firm (which merged with Pearson & *Blank* for 51%) so they would be sharing the caseload?
Flag
There should be a drinking game for this based on a character saying, "SHIT!".
Louis and Rachel is fun but the cat drama had my fur balls shrinking.
Donna acts like Queen Bee but is the most insecure character on this. To say she overemploys herself to be injected into all around is an understatement. When she stopped Mike to tell her what was up, it would've been great and empowering for him to at last say, no, this is for Harvey and for him to decide whether to let you know - i.e. play the Donna 'God card'. Or, call her on her shit! I don't care if Stephen played Donna but feel she got what she's had coming for some time. I've ran out of now broke smug 'o' meters with her onscreen.
Ava's whole ethos of I paid extra for the well being of those poor uprooted souls but BTW, keep schtum 'cause I know nothing *taps nose*, is a joke. It's like her saying I knew the Nazi's were bad but I offered to build reasonable housing for the Jews.
Jessica is used far too little in this. Of late she sounds like some harping fish wife. However, it would've made more sense for Harvey to have picked her up on her hypocrisy over duplicitious back stabbing moves. After all, it's how she got where she, braggingly, is. But instead Harvey keeps sipping from the cup of regretful acts to mommy.
This run is using the Go USA over the dastardly Brit's a bit too much for me.
Harvey's build up to giving the naughty limey a hiding was too OTT and no lawyer would risk his career and/or freedom like that. Harvey's strength is supposed to be his mind. If Stephen was such a snake, he'd have Harvey arrested and taken out of any equation - even temporary. Mr Moustache would jump at the chance to arrest Harvey.
When you actually stop to think, there is so little actual courtroom time but all backroom sneaky deals that the court houses should have dust balls floating through them.

More+
Flag
I agree overall with this review - although I am not as disappointed about Suits as I am about "Covert Affairs" this season.

I think they made a better use of Rachel in this episode, despite how ridiculous the whole cat thing was. I opted for trying to see the fun part of it, instead of the ridiculous one.

I like Jessica's character more and more. She is, for me, more consistent as a character than Harvey is.
Flag
Harvey punched Stephen because Stephen made Donna cry! He's her lobster. Harvey was just fine with all the info till a little whimper from Donna 'I'm so sorry Harvey' *tear rolls down cheek*, then you can see it in Harvey's face, and that's when he goes after Stephen (who was surprisingly easy to find for someone who doesn't work there). It must be the lack of a feminist in me that likes it when a man stands up for his woman, even if they are not together/in love or whatever, Donna is still Harvey's woman on other levels.
I liked and didn't like aspects of the cat trial. I like the dynamic between Louis and Rachel, I like that Rachel is likeable when she's not around Mike and is not talking about relationships. It was good to see her be confident and able on her own merits. Rachel and Louis have always had a good relationship that brings out the best in them, like the opera or ballet case before. They gel as good as Harvey and Mike, but without the smugness. I didn't like that Louis wanted to basically take Nigels cat off him. I know Louis has been hurting but he also knows the feeling of loss from his how cat so why would he do that to someone else? It was a bit mean. I'm glad he got the associates back, it's always a nice bit of comedic relief to watch Louis abuse an associate.
I am very much over the Hessington case and I would like it to go away now. I never felt that interested in it in the first place. It's very hard to be concerned to about a character like Ava, I don't want Harvey to loose the case but I couldn't care less if she ends up in jail or not. Excluding the Harvey/Donna stuff there is an emotional disconnect for me and suits this season, and character driven shows need you to be invested in the characters.
More+
Flag
The only thing I find tiring and somewhat unrealistic in this show is how cases start out with very little evidence but people make judgements on who did what, then for the next several episodes a new piece of evidence shows up here or there only because the lawyers are trying to one up each other.

"I see your phone records and raise you hit payments."
"I see your hit payments and raise you a rugby team."

You would think that they would fully research the case and the people that were allegedly part of the crime so you would know these things ahead of trying to make a plea deal or go to trial.
Flag
Those things all happen behind the scenes, so to speak.
Imagine how terribly boring the show would be if they just sat around doing research all day. :P
Flag
...That is kinda how Law works.
Flag
I loved the cat trial! Brought me back to early Suits episodes when things were still fun and light.....
And I am so DONE with Jessica! She is always, ALWAYS pissed and yelling at someone......also I've been watching Alias so every time I see Jessica I also see Anna and she's a b*tch.
I think it's interesting that Stephen did it......but at the same time, it's a little TOO convenient, and it's just sad that Donna is single again. Girl needs to move on already!
Flag
Um...Ava's 2nd didn't, Darby's 2nd did. Trusting your lawyers not to call in murder hits is usually a safe bet.

I am happy with the trend back towards reset. If only they would break up Mike and Rachel, I can't stand those two.

My favorite part was the B plot of the cats, weird and wonderful. And utterly Louis. My least favorite part is the continued headstrong, rash and angry decision-making by Jessica. She used to be one step ahead and calm and collected. Now she's a back-stabbing, paranoid, reactionary character. I want the awesome Jessica back.
Flag
Totally agree with everything!
......well, except for the part about Mike and Rachel - I love them together ;)
Although I also love the father-daughter (mentor-mentee?) relationship that Rachel and Louis have.
Flag
Too much about the Cat and Louis
Flag
The Ava storyline is going on and on. finish it up already!!! I never would have expected that from Steven. All his has done until now just made me thing he was a lousy lawyer, not an accessory to murder.
I also think that the fact that the characters have not evolved is great. I guess we all love characters evolving, but how accurate is this? People in real life do not change and most importantly do not change from one day to another. In any case, I think that Mike's change from a pothead to baby-Harvey is big enough to cover up for the rest of them. But he is still young and can change more easily. As people get older it becomes more and more difficult and considering how arrogant Harvey is, it would be completely out of character for him to change. (And there actually is change from the 10 year flashback to now).
The cat moot court was ridiculous but it led to two things, one I liked the other one I didn't mind. Louis getting back the associates, so we are most likely to be very entertained the rest of the season (yay) and Rachel going to law school, which was quite expected. (if the show goes on for 4 years, until she finishes law school, we would have to see what working at a rival firm would do to her relationship with MIke and the rest of them?)
Bravo to Mike for solving the case totally on his own!!! Half of the firm was engaged to the moot court, Harvey and Jessica had their issues and just bossed Mike around, but at the end he managed to pull things through and put the pieces together!!
Talking about Harvey and Jessica I am really glad they are on good terms once again and so soon. I also enjoyed the way it happened.
I think Donna broke up with Steven because it was Harvey he went behind. Yeah she said that if it were Norma, she would have the same reaction, but we can't seriously be expected to believe that. And it's quite natural. And fair. She knows Harvey for 10 years and they have a very strong relationship based on trust. People shouldn't forget their friends when they get romantically involved with other people. And I loved Steven's line "So you're choosing what you don't have with him, over something you have with me". I don't know if Steven was just using her. By being with her he could get better access to information that's for sure. But until now we have not seen him get access to information he wouldn't normally be able to get access to. I guess we'll see in the next episode.
And now the finale scene!!! First of all if I'm not mistaken, Harvey has not beaten anyone else in the toilets. In season 2 he punched Tanner during the depo. What led to it? Everything Steven had done so far. Including dating and hurting Donna. One cannot not acknowledge the fact that Harvey became extremely hostile towards Steven after he learned the latter was involved with Donna. Nor can we undermine the importance of what Steven did in regards with the case. In my opinion, the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing Donna cry. He might not have been calm before, but nothing suggested he would have such an outburst. When he saw Donna he totally lost it. Which led to the most awesome scene of the episode!! Lawyers in suits fighting in the toilets!!!
Can't wait for next week!!!
More+
Flag
He's not just an accessory to murder. He's also guilty of conspiring to commit murder (since he helped to set the whole thing up). There are probably some other charges that could be laid at his feet, but I see those two as being the biggest ones.
Flag
This show just keeps getting better and better...but what's happened to the Mike-storyline? Has he gone flat or are everyone around him way more interesting?
Flag
Mike's stories basically revolved around 2 things- a love triangle with Rachel and (insert name here), and the case of the week. Mike and Rachel are officially a couple and the stand alone cases have been tossed, so Mike is pretty much pointless... though I'm betting Katrina will be sexing him up by mid-season's finale, causing ANOTHER triangle.
Flag
Lewis (Louis?) Litt should get his own spin off show, he's just the best character on the show at the moment.
Flag
O_o It's Louis. Never forget that... or risk getting Litt Up!

On a serious note:
I've never been a fan of "secondary" characters (no matter how awesome they are) getting their own shows. Louis is amazing on this show, but too much of a good thing could ruin what makes his character so great.

I mean, look at what happened to Barney on HIMYM. In the middling seasons, he got pretty ridiculous and was basically being shoved down are throats. This is also the reason why I'm not 100% behind the idea of a Breaking Bad spin-off featuring Saul (though, admittedly, I probably would've blindly supported a Mike-based spin-off... if the situation would've allowed it).
Flag
Without Heisenberg nothing would work for me. I just love him to bits.
Flag
I know.....suddenly the fact that he DOESN'T HAVE A LAW LICENSE is no big issue. Not saying it needs to be a central aspect of the show, but it does need to be addressed.
Flag
Flag
It does not, first because we know Mike isn't going anywhere so it makes poor drama, and second because they got the details wrong on that from day one, so any tension about that they try to have is flawed anyways. There can't be a worse, lower stakes storyline to pursue than Mike's law degree. If they mention it exactly once more to end the storyline and never mention it again that would be enough. But second to that never mentioning it again would create less awful TV.
Flag
That's what I'm saying....it needs to be put to rest, otherwise it's just this MAJOR storyline that was never wrapped up. Obviously, Mike isn't going anywhere, so I'm not advocating for a long, drawn-out arc about "oh no, is Mike going to go to jail," but I would like to see them resolve it in some way.
Flag
The problem with what you're saying is that there is nothing to resolve except their basic misunderstanding of New York law, every time they mention it undermines the show's idea that these are hotshot lawyers, and instead tells us they don't even know how to look things up. Some times, shows drop stupid shit from early episodes because as they come into their own they realize how stupid an idea it was. I give you Stefan's ability to slowfall at the beginning of the Vampire Diaries, and Damon's ability to control and/or be a crow in the beginning of the same.
Flag
The way the Ava story line is playing out, they now have an opening to undo the merger (or at least change terms in Jessica and Harvey's favor). Ava is unlikely to stay with Darby and switch reliance, giving Jessica control of the firm as she would have leverage. Even if she stays, Stephen must be gone - whomever is in charge cant have someone working for them who can now be compromised ((you know, what with organizing all those murders with his rugby chum).
MVP for me, was Louis again - the mock trial was a silly concept (I'm a dog person), but the main thing I took away from it, was the fact that Louis and Rachel had good chemistry together - so if she does become a lawyer, maybe she could be his Mike. I know he has his own associate right now, but I cant she her staying around too much longer.
Flag
Ya I love the Rachel Louis relationship, but she can't work at the firm unless she has a law degree from Harvard, they only take Harvard graduates. Unless Mike gets Harvey to change the rules for her.
Flag
or seeing as Louis is back in charge of the associates he somehow gets Jessica to make an exception
Flag
I have an idea, why doesn't someone shoot Harvey and wound him bad enough to make him come to his senses. A faraway sniper. Make it a Dallas JR moment. Please have him shot, because his mythomania is cringing my nerves. I can't stand his narcissim anymore.
Flag
This looks likes it gonna be a great episode! I can't wait to watch it!
Flag
A mock trial about a cat's ownership seems like a preposterous story for Suits and a waste of time for the P, D & S associates but then again, it was fun to watch and frankly the most lawyerish work Rachel has done for ages so... As long as this is a one-time occurrence...

Although a lot of the Ava trial and the bickering between Darby, Harvey & Jessica has gotten boring, the reveal that Stephen ordered the murder was actually quite a nice and relatively plausible twist and made him into a sort of evil James Bond, esp. his use of Donna which frankly was sad for Donna but hey, it was always a bad idea to mix work and hook ups...

I am no expert in fights but the actual fight between Harvey and Stephen wasn't very impressive...
Flag
Did they say the senior partners were present..haven't they got things to do instead of a case about a cat lol
Flag
Nope, you are right it was only the associates ie the young recruits but still, surely there had to be work to do... then again, it was perhaps a good exercise to simulate a trial...
Flag
The fight was actually very unemotional to me - it might have been the camera work
Flag
As I said, am no expert but it looked funny... as if the camerawork/editing were trying to cover up that there had been no actual punches... But hey, I don't know, last fighting I saw was in Justified and those do look like proper punches
Flag
I don't think it was supposed to be *emotional* per se....maybe more along the lines of get in, get out, get on with it. Harvey doesn't want to go to jail for seriously hurting the guy, but he did need to punch him in the face. In which case, mission accomplished.
Flag
yep they fought like B...
Flag
Big shout out to the University of Cape Town!!!!!!!! :D
Flag
Quality episode :) I thought the weirdness and hilarity of the Louis Cat trial was a nice silly breather from all the bickering. For the record, I don't have any sympathy for Jessica, even if the writers try to show that she's being 'nice' again. Her default setting has been grumpy and moany for too long.
Flag
I agree....bickering is a spectacular word to describe it. It's constant, most of the time it's trivial, and SO ANNOYING.
Flag
Have you ever noticed that no one there seems to use the phone or email. They get up to walk into the other person's office to deliver news and threats.
Flag
Well to be fair, not sure a lawyers want hard evidence floating around.....be it threats or updates on cases.
Flag
Yeah, I thought about that, but it reminds me of soap operas where characters drop by other character's houses just to threaten them.
Flag
Jessica is never "nice". I have kitty sat before and know how attached one gets to the furry little things. But I never tried to steal the cat. Does Louis not know where the human society shelter is?
Flag
Funniest review I have read ever. I laughed out loud, but from what I gathered nobody ordered the murders EXCEPT STEPHEN. He knew full well that his mate buddy auld pal would murder them. The others were just telling him to bribe then but he went that step further. It was an awesome ending the more I think of it.
Flag
I hope Louis gets his trademark for 'Lit Up'
Flag
It would be great if that is actually a case of the week
Flag
As it turns out, Ava's 2nd-in-command didn't really know anything about the murders. Their bribery deal had to do with relocating people off the land peacefully.

It was Stephen (and by extension his boss) that called the General and more or less said Actually, no matter what deal you make... let's be safe and have them killed instead

Obviously Ava eventually learned of the deaths and that the jerk government officials she worked with did it. But she probably just assumed they betrayed her and did things the easy/cheap way instead of what they agreed to.
Flag
She may have suspected that the General and government double crossed her, but i'm guessing that Jessica will disclose Stephen's (and ultimately Darby's) involvement to change the power dynamic within the firm.
Flag
My dislike for Ava and her horrible voice aside, I cared so little about the case. I wasn't interested when it was a bribery case, and was even less so when it became a murder case.
Flag
The thing about rebooting with characters like these is that they get to carry their recent battle scars right up front after the reboot, and since this is a character-driven show it means that while the story and setting ends up reverting, the characters evolve in little ways.

Louis' insane storyline really felt like an aggressively bizarre diversion but ended up feeling whole by the end and rewarding. I didn't buy Nigel taking over for the associates during the mock trial though (with J. Reinhold?), but the show has long struggled with justifying Louis Litt's aggressive meatgrinder-style of mentoring and here it finally starts to speak a real voice - obvious though that may be.

Stephen, CALLED IT. This was the one twist that I knew was coming and so hoped they had the balls not to do, it was cheap and silly and mustache-twirling villainy at its worst, and the only nice thing I can say is that at least he was believable in his motivations (and speculated-upon motivations).

Harvey's shit-beating-out-of wasn't enough for me, it was good and believable but I wanted MORE. Also, this episode used the word "shit" way too much, taking the wind out of its sails when Harvey first used it early on. Shit shit shittity shit shit bullshit, that's how it ended up sounding by the end.

Stephen was using Donna, but she is Donna so there had to be some level of sincerity.

Ava is innocent because Suits does roll that way, but yeah, she's guilty by creating the system that led to such decisions, I hope she doesn't get the company back at the end of the season for such blind stuff.

Overall, an ok episode, enjoyable in a "cogs working in the machine" sort of way. Jessica's hammy out of control overacting moments were still problematic, but at least there's finally a hint of the actual believable character back behind the wheel of that ship.
More+
Flag
"Overacting" is not a reflection on Gina Torres, it's the writing requiring it of her character.
Flag
First of all, the episode title...the "She" isn't Donna. It isn't Ava, either. And no, it's not Jessica.

IT'S THE CAT.

Next: endless stalemate, not endless checkmate. Someone doesn't play chess, I see.

Also...Harvey/Donna needs to happen. He has obvious pent-up feelings for her, and vice versa. Maybe Rachel needs to come along and set that in motion--I mean basically, this entire season, she's been the happiness/light-heartedness/callback to season 1 fairy. Anytime she comes on screen, the drama fades into the background. And the Suits staff should probably give her some Lindsey Stirling music motifs.

In any case, it's nice to see heroic Jessica again. Been missing her since season 1, I guess? And here's to hoping the ruthless Jessica that turns on her own stays away for good.

Also...Louis didn't pull any strings to get Rachel into Columbia. It was pretty much written on the wall that she'd go there so she can stay in the city and still be the happiness fairy on the show. Because the show needs a happiness fairy.
Flag
Donna is my happiness fairy!

Also, taking out Mike as he is a non any school grad, will Rachel be grandfathered into the firm as the firm only takes Harvard folks?
Flag
They are setting that up for future pseudo-drama (a if there is any doubt how it will go), and then will obviously make an exception for her or change their policy for her.
Flag
90/10 It's the cat. Television writers can almost never resist a double meaning in an episode title. It's a compulsion. A disorder. A disease. You can almost always be sure when they use a pronoun there is a secondary meaning.
Flag
Am I the only one who remembers that it was revealed in Season 1 how low Jessica would go to get what she wanted? She tricked a friend into getting drunk and then deposited her somehow (I'm old; the memory fades) into a room full of people who were considering both of the women for a position. She is not an heroic figure. She is not a role model. She is a predator wearing Prada, a monster in high heels. The fact that she seems to care for Harvey is her weakness.
Flag
No, I definitely remember that. And when push comes to shove, Jessica is indeed that. Just that I hope she doesn't get pushed back there again by one of her own, because Dark Jessica is just all sorts of bad news.
Flag
NO ONE MAKES DONNA CRY
Flag
Her hair was glorious in this episode, by the way.
Flag
I like that seeing Donna cry was what set Harvey off.
Flag
Did Louis really pull strings to get Rachel into Columbia? I didn't hear that part of their conversation too well (darn distractions), but I thought all he did was pull that package out of the mail-room/mail-cart so he could hand it to her himself.

I figured he wanted to do that as a gesture of gratitude, because she really pulled through for him in his hour of need. Also, it makes sense that he'd want to congratulate her in that manner, because he's always been a huge supporter of hers when it comes to her dream of becoming a lawyer.

Maybe I heard wrong though...
Flag
No, that's what I thought, too.
Flag
It wasn't just a gesture of gratitude it was a mirror image of last season's Harvard fiasco.
Louis goes to Rachel's office and delivers bad news
Rachel goes to Louis' office and gets good news
Flag
You heard right! He just wanted to give her the good news! awww
Flag
I love that Louis seems to be part of the group now.
Flag
From the conversation, it also to me sounded like he just intercepted the mail from the cart so he could give it to her in person and congratulate her.

It was a thick envelope... thick envelopes are usually acceptance letters and brochures. So he probably wanted to be there to say congrats.
Flag
Loved the mock trial. It was lighthearted, funny, and allowed for some good Litt lines. I can see how some people would find it to be weird, which it is, but it fits the characters (Litt & Nigel) very well. They're both "weird" people and given how their personalities and characters are, the mock trial doesn't actually seem that strange.
Flag
Honestly, I wouldn't put it beyond the pale at law firms that if two high-ups would let a bet or something fall on a mock trial.

Especially if those high-ups are the ones that coordinate the work-load and dictate who-does-what.

Granted... said high-ups would have to be either quirky, cool, or just have massive egos.
Flag
Flag
Staff
I enjoyed the heck out of this episode for two reasons: 1) I loved the ridiculous cat storyline because I feel like the show hasn't had that much ridiculously stupid fun in awhile. Plus, Harold! And 2) I loved seeing Harvey beat the crap out of Stephen. I even re-watched the ending scene a few times. And it was clear from the moment Donna apologized and Harvey gave her that look that that moment was just the final straw. NO ONE HURTS DONNA, OKAY?
Flag
"No Suits season is complete until Harvey punches someone in the men's room."

Anyone else that "punched in the men's room" is a pretty good euphemism for about the only place Harvey didn't punch Stephen?
Flag
Harvey goes by the bro code... when you get in a fight, punch anywhere BUT the man parts.
Flag
Great episode. Harvey definitely kept his promise when he beat the crap out of Stephen!! Good lord, did he go off; and Stephen definitely had it coming. His showing up explains everything now. Personally, I think Harvey assaulted him for horning in on, and nearly ruining, his case. The fact that he ordered the killings makes it that much worse.

Loved the mock trial with Rachel, Louis and Nigel. At first I actually mocked the whole "cat love" thing, but when Louis broke down and started talking about his love for the cat and everything, it was quite emotional. He really is an interesting character. He can do comedy and drama very well. Louis has had his reasons to feel undermined this season: Seeing Harvey's name on the door, losing the associates, and of course the cat; yet he stepped up to those challenges like a man. Well done Louis!! Also gotta give Rachel props on that trial. She handled herself well. Basically, I just loved the whole arc with those three.

Glad to see Harvey and Jessica have mended fences a little. I'm still very much on team Jessica, but I would very much like to see those two as a 1-2 punch again. Also feel bad for Donna, but knowing her, she'll recover in no time cause.....well....she's Donna!!!
More+
Flag
My thoughts- this was actually a fantastic episode. Everything came to a boiling point, and we got to see just how shady Stephen really is, as well as both the humorous and serious side of Louis IN THE SAME EPISODE!

Harold, my least favorite character on the show, actually made a pretty good entrance. I understand his hostile feelings toward Louis, since even though Louis evolved from his dickish season 1 self, he only evolved around the main cast (Harvey, Mike, Jessica, Donna and Rachel) and still kept his season 1 demeanor around Harold. But as it turned out, (once Rachel pointed it out) Louis's tough love actually made him a better person. Ordinarily I agree, but the episode with Harold babysitting Bruno was a bit unnecessarily cruel, even by Louis's standards. One does not have another person touch a cat when he's THAT allergic.

Rachel actually does something other than fawn over/sleep with Mike this episode! I really like how her relationship with Louis has evolved over the past seasons. I remember in season one the two HATED each other, but after Rachel helped Louis with the ballet case, the two really have grown a mutual respect for one another. I have a feeling that they'd do anything for each other now, with Louis trying to convince Sheila to reverse her decision in rejecting Rachel to Rachel taking Louis's cat case. And the scene where Louis hands Rachel the thick envelope with a look of genuine pride for her really made me smile. One question though... assuming the writers go ahead with Rachel going to Columbia, would Pearson-Darby-Specter take her back? They only allow Harvard graduates, but Rachel is extremely good at her job and can easily be just as good as a real lawyer, so you'd think they'd make a special exception?

Mike learning the account information from Cameron Dennis by smacking the papers away made no sense. Doesn't the defense get copies of everything the prosecution has? I know Cameron hides evidence, but you'd think that a bunch of bank statements would, in Cameron's eyes, appear inconsequential, so why didn't Mike see this when they were given copies of the evidence?

Harvey's gone back to his old "jerk with the heart of gold" status, but something still bugs me. I thought last episode that he told Jessica about his takeover plot because he got what he wanted, realized his mistake of wanting too much, and decided to come clean to slowly redeem himself. But Jessica's phone call with Darby made it look like he confessed so DARBY would look like the villain and have Jessica call off the merger. And it didn't help that when Jessica confronted Harvey about it, Harvey didn't deny the implication. Harvey LOST the merger bet. It was his only direct loss in the entire series. Let's keep that a loss, not turn it around like the Hardman-as-managing partner episode. HARVEY IS NOT LAWYER-JESUS!!!

Gotta admit, having Harvey physically kick Stephen's ass at the end felt good. Though I kind of wish Stephen wasn't like a British version of Hardman- nice on the outside, evil on the inside. It really breaks my heart that Donna fell for him. Granted, I saw their breakup coming the SECOND the two laid eyes on one another, but it would've been a lot more dramatic if Stephen was really a good guy while Harvey spent the season still in arrogant ass mode. (I brought this up as well when I thought it would've been better if Mike actually became Louis's associate for the first half of the season while Harvey slowly came to the realization that he needs Mike and have the mid-season finale be Mike choosing between the two.)

Overall, best episode of the season yet, but I still dislike how predictable the show writers have made the show. Everyone's lives revolve around Harvey, and every alternative turns out to be a lying scumbag deserving of a bathroom beatdown. 8.5 out of 10
More+
Flag
Louis stealing a well loved cat of Nigel's was a dickish move imo--but he has shown a lot of growth this season (more likeable except for this cat theft)
Flag
I'll agree the show us too focused on the one story. The show really does need to develop all the characters it has.
Flag
I was a big fan of the Case of the Week episodes season 1 and the first half of season 2 did. They got the job done quickly but still developed the characters . One season-long case? Not that entertaining.
Flag
I'd like to see a return to some of that, too.

This is also one of my major issues with Graceland. They should have done at least a full season or two of minor scams and takedowns while very slowly revealing the Big Story. Instead, we got one or two short stories and then BAM!, all-uberplot-all-the-time. It's all been so rushed, at least to me.

Flag
For the most part, I wasn't a fan of the mock trial about the cat. In some ways, I like it when Suits doesn't take itself too seriously and the mock trial certainly fit that. But in other ways, something too frivolous also seems too pointless, and the cat trial as a whole leaned towards frivolity for me. That said, it did provide me with two separate laughs:

And this one, particularly because of Harold's whiny voice which I couldn't capture in an image:

Flag
I certainly hope I'm not the only one who realizes that while ordering the murders was a dick move (yes, I know, understatement), that's not why Stephen got his ass whipped.

Harvey beat him within an inch of his miserable life because HE MADE DONNA CRY.
Flag
I think it's fair to say that making Donna cry is worse than committing murder... or is that just me? =)
Flag
Murder can get you the death penalty in many countries and still a few US states. Making Donna cry? An ass-whipping from Harvey Specter.

Flag
Yeah, I hoped other people had caught up that as well, or else I would be worried I see things that aren't there. Still, agree with the fact that many things have been pilling up and that was the last stroke.
Flag
Agreed, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was obviously feeling hurt and betrayed... even a little used and guilty since he might have been using her to cover up his murder.

And it was the sight of Donna upset that made him kick his arse.
Flag
The mock trial was somewhat entertaining, but they should never have done it. Even a 7-year-old understands that you can't steal someone's cat and expect to get custody of the cat in a mock trial. But OK, let's pretend that it's reasonable to settle this thing in a mock trial.

(Yes, I know that I'm overanalyzing this, but I'm bored and I don't have any cool drugs).

Rachel/Louis argued that Nigel shouldn't be allowed to have the cat because he had left it with a very competent cat-sitter for a week. Nigel countered by pointing out that Louis had left his cat with an incompetent cat-hater for some time, resulting in the cat's death. So it's game over? Louis lost? No, because Rachel argued convincingly that Louis loved the cat that died. So what? The trial was never about love. So the argument was a complete failure, but everyone including Nigel acted as if it had succeeded.

Even if the argument had actually been good, the court should never have ruled in Louis's favor. That cat is Nigel's property and he never broke any laws. Case dismissed.

In a pure comedy show, I don't have a problem with this sort of thing. I recall an episode of Spin City where Paul got shot in the head, and was sued for it. I think he lost in court. That was obviously ridiculous, but since it was a comedy show, it was one of the best and most memorable moments over the entire 6 seasons. In a drama show with some comedy in it, this sort of thing is just too silly.

So thumbs down for the mock trial. The revelation about Steven was very interesting though, and very surprising.

What was that about getting into Columbia law school at the end? Didn't she already get into Stanford?

More+
Flag
100% agree and Louis should just of adopted a cat/kitten.
I thought Rachel just interviewed at Stanford. Did she interview at Columbia or did Louis find the time (he doesn't have much to do if he can waste time on a cat trial) to get her in Columbia without an interview. Did she interview at Columbia? I thought Louis was just holding her acceptance letter for her but I don't know anymore.

Nigel wasn't a bad cat owner--have you seen how some people treat their pets? It was wrong of Louis to steal the cat out of his own selfish interests and break Nigel's heart. I like Louis most of the time and find his character hilarious but the more I think about the cat trial the more it bugs me.
Flag
I think only the interview at Stanford was mentioned but it was also mentioned that she applied to Columbia and I think Brown and maybe another East Coast school. I figured that she would get into one of the schools in the east and the whole Stanford thing was just to insert some drama into their relationship,
Flag
Yes and no. Obviously Louis's attempt at taking the cat was silly. But...

They didn't bring up the point in court, but way back from that episode I thought it was revealed that Harold didn't play a part in the cat's death. That it died of natural causes... like cancer or something. And Harold just happened to be the unfortunate soul holding-the-bag as everything went to hell.

And Louis's argument was that "Nigel left the cat this one time" but that Nigel is FREQUENTLY making inter-continental trips and thus has to frequently leave the cat in someone else's car for days/weeks at a time. I'd love to own a pet again, but since I live alone my hypothetical dog would be home alone 10 hours a day at minimum. I wouldn't want to make the dog so lonely like that.

In any case, Rachel was right that Louis really didn't have any leg to stand on. It was Nigel's cat, and that Louis was just trying to fill a void left by the loss of his cat as well as his recent losses: the associates, Mike, Harvey getting some major wins, etc.
More +
Flag
You could probably sue for custody of a pet if you were taking care of it for a long time and it looked like the previous owner abandoned it. In this case though Lewis only had it for like a week and Nigel wanted his cat back right away when he returned to the office.
Flag
Adopt a hypothetical cat to keep him company.
Flag
The revelation that it was Stephen who ordered the murders was so unexpected. Well done, writers! The mock trial was simply awesome and I'm glad Harold was back. Nice episode, even if the beginning was too slow.
Flag
Putting Louis together with any character on the show and creating the same magic, just shows how awesome he really is.
I loved every minute of this episode/season. Who doesn't love a mock trial?
Frickin awesome it was over something so silly as a cat...but it sure paid off!
Excellent television! I don't want this to end, ever!
Flag
While I enjoyed the mock trial, and all the hilarity that ensued, I think the best part of that whole storyline was when Louis "got real" with Rachel. His character broke my heart, once again, when he talked about how he needed the cat, because he had already lost the associates, lost his last cat, and had to see Harvey become a "named partner" (there's probably more, but I can't remember the exact wording of that whole conversation... even though it was excellent).
Flag
I thought it was was good, too. But I still can't help wondering why Louis had never thought to visit an animal shelter, or just look in the paper to adopt a new kitty.
Flag
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Louis could adopt or buy a cat/kitten and while he bonded to this cat it was only a week, he works more then the average person and Nigel was a good cat owner. Sure Nigel travels but that doesn't mean he isn't a good cat daddy.
Also, don't they have real work to do.
Despite this, I enjoyed the episode but rolled my eyes at the cat trial--kept thinking about all the cats and dogs killed in shelters everyday;-(
Flag
He also noted that Mike made him look/feel like a fool for accepting his offer to be his associate and going back on his word 2 minutes later after Harvey said "come back to me." And Louis had gone out of his way to make Mike a celebratory cake. Harvey never made Mike a cake.
Flag
Fast thoughts, because I have to rewatch the episode.
1. I was totally shocked about what Steven had done. It was obvious that he tried to undermine the case, but being guilty was not what I had in mind.
2, Rachel going to Columbia? Yeah, i had pointed out the how it made sense last episode.
3. It's a good thing for Donna that she broke things off with Steven before she heard the news. And that it was because he had once again been in Harvey's way
4. Happy that Harvey and Jessica are in their old terms.
5. Mike was the one that solved the case, so good job there!
6. Last scene!!!!! Awesome!!!! So we know that Harvey does not have a problem pounching people when they offend him. (Tanner on season 2). But this time he didn't only pounch the guy he bit him. Now, has he done more than Tanner did? No, if we take into account that he wanted to get Harvey disbared. Anyway, the point I want to make is that Donna was definately a factor for him lashing out. If you pay close attention you can see he was ready to tell her something in an upset manner, butwhen he saw her he was taken aback, he got even more upset and went to find Steven. This whole thing could be interpreted as anyone wants. Either he did it because he hurt Donna and he was jealous of their relationship, or because their long-term relationship.
More after the recap!! :)
More+
Flag
When watching the show and hearing about Columbia I remembered someone mentioning it in the comments on the last show.
Didn't Louis just hold her letter for her or did he really pull strings to get her in--when did he have time...
still an enjoyable episode and I like how Jessica and Harvey are starting to be on the same team again.
Flag
Didn't Lewis say that he would help her get into other law schools when she didn't get into Harvard? He probably sent a reccomendation to every school she applied. So he helped her but it wasn't because of the cat trial, it happned long before that.
Flag
I missed the bite; I'm going to have to watch it again. Yuck! HIV and Rabies tests all around.
Flag
Personally, I feel the show has lost it's cool rhythm, and I don't feel that this episode is a step in right direction. It became too serious - to the point that the characters lost their credibility.

For some reason, Harvey's and Mike's relationship in now portrayed as an ordinary employer-employee relationship, or even co-workers, which doesn't make any sense! The focus on one main story line for a few episodes may have been a good idea if not executed so poorly - this overly dramatic Harvey seem so ridiculous for Harvey's character, and is so far away from the Harvey port raid thus far - with that stern voice and angry at someone or something all the time it almost feels like over action' and always 2 steps behind. It might have worked better with strong background stories, but all they could come up with was - Rachel want's to be lawyer and a ridiculous mock trial over a cat? What Partner in his right mind would have allowed for all the dirty laundry to come out like that in front of the entire office including his employees?! Everything is happening tooooo sloww, this plot line would have gotten no more that 2-3 episodes on season 2, finish it already or add a lot more substance and interesting background stories. Oh! and after handling multiple cases in one episode last season, and always finding creative ways to "stick it" to others, suddenly there are no other cases, no other clients, and Louis almost seems unemployed! He has no cases, he allows himself to waste his and half the firm's day of work for it and Jessica doesn't even noticed it or has nothing to say? Very logical. Even the part where Harvey "beat the shit out of him" was too far fetched. Harvey doesn't beat people, he wins. I didn't understand the need to take the threat so literally, one angry "screw you" punch to the face would have made the point, and would have even looked a lot more credible. It was a weird weird scene.

The only breeze of fresh air was Rachel's performance. It's objective was not to show that she "can be a lawyer", but that she is born for this. In spite of a serious disadvantage (not being a lawyer and all that), and opposing no other than a partner in the firm, she knew what she was worth, and with her own confidence in herself, she made the think of her as equal. The sting of her questions and the little smug smirk on her face while asking them reminded me Harvey, and even Mike from the last 2 seasons, the one's we all grew to love, the one's that made the show so entertaining to watch.

So, let's wrap this prolonged story line up already, and lets move on (or shall we say, go back) to something bigger and better. Here's to hoping...
More+
Flag
So, didn't Hairless Mike leave Rachel in the middle of an argument/embrace/or something last week because Harvard sent him a letter? What was that about?
Flag
Harvey doesn't beat people? You seem to forget that there was a scene in the season 1 finale where, after the two boys who lied to get Harvey's client stuck in jail opted to stick to their lie, Harvey's first plan was to beat the sh*t out of the weaker of the two and force him to confess. Mike talked him out of it, instead sending Trevor to scare the weaker boy into recanting.
Flag
I couldn't disagree more, with all you said...i mean, what show are you watching?
Interesting to read a whole different take on it though...but i'm more and more in love with this show than anything...
Flag
Welcome to the new USA: Characters sort of tolerated, darkness welcome.
Flag
"Your honor. I'd just like to state for the record, that, the witness is speaking into an imaginary microphone. You're speaking into an imaginary microphone!"
Flag
MaryAnn I like that you have the placeholder so the comments may flow...

The start of this episode had me speechless that Louis was going to catnap Nigel's cat and Rachel was going to help. For me this plot had me wanting to turn suits off but Rachel, Harold, and the mock trial over a cat had me laughing. This episode for me was a stand up one for the character of Rachel and it showed she could be a lawyer. I'd rather see Rachel get into Harvard rather than Columbia and I still think Louis could try again on her behalf. This season has been missing the comedic element of this drama and with its return this episode is the best of the season so far.
Flag
the ending....that was for Donna's only...I knew when she said "I'm sorry Harvey" Harvey gotta beat the shit out Stephen...luckily he still showed some restraint....If I was him I think I'm gotta beat Stephen to death...that's how I felt..Now I don't know how to win this case...and that cat trial...that was fun....reminded me of mike's mock trial...rachel gotta be a very good lawyer...
Flag
OMG. Just watched and can't believe that Stephen ordered those killings. My jaw is on the floor! Well played Suits! Over all the episode wasn't that great I enjoy louis but I thought that the trial over the cat that took up nearly the whole episode was overdone. Best part we all know that Harvey punched Stephen not just for the case but for Donna!
Flag
From the start Stephen gave the impression he's will to go to any length to fix situations for the clients he deals with. What shocked me was him going against that and giving up a witness to save his own butt of a client. I expect Darby to fire Stephen over that.
Flag
But he actually ordered the killings?! That is what shocked me the most. That makes him a murderer. What I couldn't figure out was was darby in the know or just as oblivious as the rest of them. Why to I sense that Darby knew too. And this is why the merger is going to be thrown out. Was Cameron on to this too? He certainly will be in the next episode. I am still in shock. I don't like the guy but he I didn't think he was a killer!
Flag
What did I think? Best Ending Ever sums it up nicely.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members