A Suits Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA

Suits S03E06: "The Other Time"

If there was one weakness to Suits' latest romp down memory lane that I have to highlight—and I do, because I'm a total meanie killjoy—it was that the characters running around New York ten years ago were so much more likable than their current incarnations. Pothead Mike, Sucky Trevor, and Sassy Grandma returned to show us Mike's fabled fall from law school grace while an impossibly youthful-looking Harvey and always-fabulous Donna suffered under the corrupt rule of DA Cameron Dennis, ultimately leaving to fight the good fight over at Jessica's shiny new(ish) firm. Really, the only player in this history who suffered from her time in the spotlight was Jessica, who—DAMMIT, WOMAN, I'VE BEEN DEFENDING YOU FOR WEEKS! So Jessica is horrible and Harvey is basically giving her a taste of her own medicine with his quest to be the new managing partner. Given Harvey's decision to suddenly start regretting his betrayal now that he has his name on the door—or I guess it could be out of some deeper sense of loyalty—it would appear that Suits is gearing up for another round of Harvey and Jessica versus the world. 

Every ten years or so, Harvey skirts so close to becoming the exact opposite of what he always wanted to be when he grew up that he can smell the stench of dishonor following him, no matter how many times Donna gets his jacket dry cleaned. Ten years ago, he walked away from Cameron's unethical—but alarmingly successful—office to avoid following in his former mentor's footsteps. The decision completely altered the ultimate look of his career, the former Gordon Schmidt and Van Dyke offices, and even the lives of his "lowly" secretary and some brilliant stoner living with his loser BFF he wouldn't even meet for another several years. A decade after cutting ties with Cameron, Harvey is in a similar position, aiming to usurp Jessica using her very own methodology. 

We don't have the entire story about why Jessica and Hardman staged their original coup, but knowing Hardman (and, sadly, Jessica), and given Harvey's vague disapproval when Jessica let him in on the plan, it's not terribly outlandish to assume that their intentions were possibly less than noble, or at the very least, no more noble than Harvey's rationale for his own recent almost-coup. I'll readily admit that I'm often bored with and tired of the relentless "Harvey is always right and perfect and better than everyone" sentiments that comprise the status quo on a show so enamored with its main character, but this week, the Harvey love managed to not feel shoehorned in. Harvey wants to be an honorable guy. He's stumbled in the past. His beef with Jessica is just the latest setback in his struggle, but now that he's come clean to her, the ball is in her court. 

Jessica can be ruthless, petty, and manipulative, and maybe, considering what we've seen of her this season, and especially in this episode, some of her current misfortune is a case of "she had it coming." Harvey cut her some slack, though, and honestly, I was surprised that he did. He's been having a rough time lately, but at his core, Harvey wants to be a good, honorable person. Jessica said that there was no such thing as honor among lawyers, using the quip as cynical justification for her own betrayal of former superiors. Harvey believes the opposite, and though he strayed, he ultimately returned. We know that Jessica has the capacity to be a good person, too—she gave Harvey his big chance and financed his education, she's genuinely kind to Louis on occasion, and there was that episode with her sick ex-husband way back in Season 1. It's not too late for her to return to the fold, either.

And then there's Mike. It was a slow week for present-day Mike, whose time was split between arguing with Rachel about Stanford and playing attack dog for Harvey. But in flashbacks, we saw the whole life-ruining test-taking scam explode, destroying Mike's legitimately Harvard-educated future, too. I don't know that we necessarily needed to see the whole thing play out. We already generally knew the story. The details of Mike's past didn't completely alter our perception of him the way Donna and Harvey's sweet/sad/silly history changed them. 

They did it! With whipped cream! And Donna was totally into him and she actually looked kind of disappointed when his big surprise was a job rather than a date! And then present-day Harvey met Donna at their diner and said that her relationship with British Harvey bothered him! And it was sad and honest and heartfelt! Donna is so awesome. I'm glad that it's been established that historically, Donna has always been awesome. 

British Harvey, a.k.a. "Steve," however, is apparently every bit the slimeball he was assumed to be. Great. Watching Donna be all heartbroken and humiliated was so much fun last season. Can't wait to do it again. Meanwhile, the crumbs have been laid to lead the way back to Donna/Harvey for reals. But do we even want that? What do  you think? And what did you think of "The Other Time?"

CASE NOTES

– Mike dropped the F-bomb. So proud. 

– Someone in Suits' writers room really likes The Wire. Who doesn't? But really, why are we referencing it every week? Every. Single. Week. 

– I like Bertha. Let's get Bertha a job at Pearson Darby Specter. 

– Mike and Rachel returned to acting like children. I've revoked their relationship privileges. 

– Can opener!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/27/2016

Season 6 : Episode 3

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/3/2016

Season 6 : Episode 4

181 Comments
Comments (181)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
My name is Ernesto am citizen of USA residing in Texas. I cant just stop talking about Doctor Azua Atete because he is one man the world will like to know of his help and kindness towards me.He is a God on Earth who perform miracles with his spell.My wife and i broke up years ago and she left with our 2 kids without telling me or anyone close to me where she was going, i searched every where looking for her but couldn't find her. i was devastated and almost committed suicide Until one day my friend came to my office and told me about Doctor Azua Atete's powerful spell so i immediately contacted him for help and he told me that my wife will come back to me with our 2 kids begging me on her knees for forgiveness within 12 to 16 hours after he has finish the preparation of the spell. Today i am filled with Joy because everything happened just as he said,My wife is back and we are both living happily with our kids. HERE IS MY NUMBER +1512-430-1539 YOU CAN CALL ME TO CONFIRM.Do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor Azua Atete today via email: doctorazuaatetespelltemple@outlook.com or via website: http://doctorazuaworldofpowerfulspell.webs.com or via Whats App or call: +2348068784784
More+
Flag
what are wonderful work Dr ogun has done for me and my children, I am Mrs. Leila from Canada, my husband left with three kids and go for another woman, I tried all my possible best I could to get him back but it was not working out at all, one blessed day I read many reviews concerning Dr ogun and this make me feel so good that this is the end of my problem, I was so impressed with the reviews I read concerning him, and this gave me the motive to email doctor and call him so I explained everything to him, he told me that he promises me with his words that after three days my husband will come back to me, I thought it was a joke and I was so annoyed while he did not do it instantly, so I decided to have some patients, and wait patiently for him, to my own surprise mu husband really came back when we was about to have breakfast, he has never had breakfast with us before, he apologized for his wrong and have breakfast with me and our kids, we were so happy to have him back again he our lives, and he has promise to spend all his days of his life with us without any problem, what are wonderful work Dr ogun did for it, if you are having relationships issue this is your best time also to contact the great Dr ogun so that he also can help you via ogunlovespelltemple@gmail.com, greatsolomonalter@outlook.com call him via +2347032286452
More+
Flag
Mike and Rachel bores me to tears. They have no chemistry at all and sorry to the actress but Rachel just annoys me.

Bring back Trevor and Jenny. Far more milage left in that story.
Flag
I finally got caught up with this episode and enjoyed it.
I can't believe all the comments about people not knowing what the cream (whip cream) was for...seriously, y'll really don't know? I can understand not understanding the can opener but not the whip cream
Flag
No explanation of the whipped cream or the can opener...but, we got to meet Harvey's dad (for once, someone on USA without daddy issues), we find out why Mike didn't go to Harvard, and finally, FINALLY, a USA flashback episode without those horrible bangs (I'm looking at you, In Plain Sight and Burn Notice).
Flag
The straight face Gabriel Mach tries to keep when Patrick calls Gary Cole "Tom Selleck" because of his badass "stache" ...Priceless!
Flag
Great review! I totally agree watching Trevor being a dick again with Mike as sidekick was unnecessary and therefore boring. On the other hand, the early days of Donna and Harvey was excellent minus the substandard wig they gave Donna (seriously people, what's up with crap wigs in flashback eps? is there a contest between shows for the worst ever wig? this wasn't as bad as The Vampire Diaries but awful.)

The whole backstory for Donna and Harvey (and Cameron & Jessica) made sense and since I am often critical of weak plots on Suits, credit where it's due... It also made total sense for me that Harvey left Cameron. Cheating is never a one time occurrence so staying with a dirty prosecutor was never, in my opinion, a real option for Harvey. Sure Jessica may be wily and ambitious and have plotted a corporate takeover but that is on a different league to a corrupt official.
Flag
I need a day....
Flag
Donna is hotter than Rachel.
Flag
Old shit is... old! No one cares. No one want's to know.
Everybody get's it: stories are told, current stories won't make it - so let' come up with old ones.
Suits are gone - na, they are now getting H&M.
Flag
206! 206! ...my ass! Ass [sic!] if we haven't known already.
Flag
Spicing up Suits like that makes me wanna go Sizzeling Fajita instead. Or Corn Muffins from the Luxembourg (200W, 70th St., NYC). Ah, I'd rather go for them Corn Muffins, honestly!

This is now coming to a turning point - in the 3rd season of a so far challenging and way more: engaging series we've seen over the course of the lat semi-decade (starting times, that'd be only challenged by GoT and that's a different subject).

Middle Earth, erm: King's Landing vs. Downtown lawyers explained by instantly introduced historical-hysterical stories kinda is playing some card. But my guess is: now the are bluffing, double-pair the most!

Im off for craps - more cheerful that is.
Flag
Does anyone know where I post potential spoilers or articles with spoilers etc. I'm new to this site and don't want to get in trouble. I hear the punishment is death. Is there an official place on here or just in comments etc.. thanks for the info in advance you rock
Flag
Oh "The Other Time". Let's see, this episode was fantastic if you're A.) A Harvey and Donna shipper and/or B.) A Trevor fan. Unfortunately for me, I'm neither. I didn't hate the episode, it wasn't horrible, I didn't want to pull my hair out after watching it, and it wasn't irritating as say the first two of this season, it was pointless filler though. It was an entire episode filled with things that we didn't really need to see. It wasn't a big secret that Donna and Harvey slept together, or at least wanted to sleep together in the past. We already knew Harvey left Cameron because of his unethical behavior and he begged Awesome Donna to come with him. We already knew Mike screwed up his chance at going to Harvard and so on and so forth. So most of the episode was filled with things I wasn't particularly interested in seeing. At all. And I'm sorry, that includes all the Donna and Harvey flirtation and him showing up at her apartment for sexytimes and whipped cream action. Every time an overt Donna and Harvey thing is implied I cringe a little bit, and there is some eye rolling too. I just hate the fact that in season one, we had a fun, awesome, close, platonic bond of amazingess that I adored and it hadn't crossed my mind once that anything could come from it or anything ever did come from it, and then season two rolled around and blew what was a great platonic bond to hell, but I digress. Filler episode.

Right. Jessica. Inhale. Exhale. How stunning was Gina Torres in this episode? Categorically stunning. Also, I want her clothes. Just all of them, and I'm not even into fashion like that usually. But Jessica. I'll start off by saying that I can't help but get pissed off with the way they chose to "flesh out" her character, in let's say the past season and a half. She remains one of my favorite characters, and I can always defend her, but their idea of character evolution has been deplorable, and it can make it pretty damn difficult to do so. I remember in an interview Aaron Korsh had said something along the lines of writing Harvey to stroke his ego, and he wrote Jessica to put himself in check. Basically, Jessica was always meant to be the one who gave Harvey the reality check. She was always meant to be the one to put him in his place when he got too far. She was meant to be the one to humble him and reign him in. Somewhere along the way, that all got shot to hell, and I don't know why that is, and I can't lie, it frustrates the hell out of me, that a great character has been tampered with so much, that she comes across unlikable and irredeemable to most of the fandom. Plus I cringe at the bitchy black female trope. Stop it. Just Stop. The Jessica Pearson I fell in love with was poised, graceful, elegant, classy, witty, smart, strategic and wise. She had Harvey's loyalty and respect, always and forever, and it was a mutual respect and loyalty. She was the one who knew just what to say to make the great Harvey Specter appear abashed and embarrassed like a child being scolded by his mother. She mattered enough where someone who professes to not care, was willing to make silent peace offerings like wheeling in tea trolleys. I still think of Jessica that way, even though they go out of their way to paint her as vindictive, manipulative, and ruthless...in such a way that she's seen unfavorably when characters who behave similarly are not. She went from a three dimensional character to a one dimensional one. You can't have a fully complex, multi-faceted fantastic character when you only choose to show them one way, and it contradicts how the character was initially. Harvey? Oh we see all sides to Harvey, so that even when he's being shown at his worst, they'll snap him back into place because he's the lead after all. They'll do it with Mike, sort of. And we've been forced to accept that Awesome Donna does no wrong (even when she does, and when she does, it goes unaddressed and she rarely faces the full recuperation of actions. Because she's Donna.). I'm getting off track. It's almost as if the writers themselves have forgotten who and what Jessica Pearson is supposed to be, because it changes so frequently I practically have whiplash. I'm a Jessica fan but I can understand why for other fans of the show it's difficult reconciling the Jessica of season 3 with the Jessica of season 1 for example.

But no. I don't think this episode painted her in a horrible light. I chose to look at it from a different perspective. She's always been a strategic person, and so has Daniel. Honestly, I felt like they tried to make some connections to the past and the present, just so that Gina Torres could actually appear in an episode that was mostly about Mike, Donna, and Harvey. So they reached to draw a connection, and the best connection they could make was Honorable Harvey telling Jessica about his coup upfront let's draw a parallel to the coup she was a part of in the past, and further make her seem like a wretched person for not being noble enough to tell the managing partners back then about her and Hardman's plan to overthrow them, but let's not give enough background on that to actually confirm that she was a horrible and far from noble person for doing so. Wonderful. The way I see it, the bigger parallel of this show is the mentor/mentee relationship. Mike is to Harvey, what Harvey is to Jessica. But before we had the Mike/Harvey dynamic and the Harvey/Jessica dynamic, there was the Jessica and Daniel one. We know Daniel is a slimeball, but the last flashback episode gave us some insight into the Daniel/Jessica bond. Daniel was the one who took Jessica under his wing, much like Jessica did to Harvey. He showed her the works. He was her main mentor, and her loyalty was to him. If he planned a coup, why wouldn't she have went along with it?! How is it any different than whenever she and Harvey work together to do something? Plot, plan, take over? I love Harvey, and he's amusing as hell, but it isn't like he ever gives a crap about any of the other partners at the firm. Jessica was his person, the only one he ever really cared about because of their relationship. I don't think it's too hard to believe that it was the same way with Jessica and Daniel, especially when I think of how upset she was when she learned the truth about Hardman. It was personal. Just like Harvey and Jessica's relationship has always been a personal one as well as a professional one, which means she would feel betrayed by him when he revealed that he was planning a coup. I could only see Harvey's coup business as Jessica "getting a taste of her own medicine" if she was actually betraying people she had a close allegiance to, and while we can only rely on speculation, I'm willing to bet that no one at Gordon Schmidt & Van Dyke mattered to her, or had a personal relationship with her, like Daniel did. So pragmatic, strategic, business minded Jessica would have seen a move like that as just business nothing personal. Whereas Harvey making a move against her was all personal.

I'm still tired of the Harvey does no wrong thing. Love him to pieces, but I'm still waiting for him to actually grasp his role and his wrongdoing in all of this mess, but so far that isn't happening. His "seeing the light" came in the form of him remembering his past with Donna and Cameron, and coming clean to Jessica as the credits were rolling? Not any number of things that he did wrong up until this point? Not him apologizing for the adult equivalent of a temper-tantrum? Hell, he still got what he wanted out of it, even though technically he probably didn't deserve it! Okay.

Other notes:

• There will never be a time where I will ever like Trevor. He was just nothing but trouble, and no story about him bawling his eyes out and wanting to adopt Mike will change the fact that he was just not a great person to be around.
  • Can Bertha come back? I loved her.
  • I'm actually thrilled that we still don't know what they do with that damn can opener. I likes me a little mystery.
  • Rewind was a great flashback. This one? Not so much to me, but I will gladly welcome another if it means seeing Harvey with his father again. LOVED it. All the freakin feels.
  • I'm gonna need to take a day too Louis. LOL! I loves me some Litt. He makes the smallest of scenes count, every time.
  • Observant Donna always amuses me.
  • So we all knew Stephen was shady. But then Harvey admits that it bothered him that Stephen was in the picture (cringe), so does this mean Donna is just supposed to go back to not dating and secretly pining after Harvey and taking fierce loyalty to an almost nauseating level? Because...please don't.
  • If Mike wants to confess so damn much, why won't he just take his arse to a church? I mean, being open in relationships is essential, I know, but must he tell Rachel everything that's ever happened in his life from the second he came out of his mom's hoo ha? Sorry, I just, I really give less than a damn about the two of them together. In ideal world, my Suits would be without romance and tinglies brewing between any of the main characters. It'd be about awesome friendships, dynamics, cool cases, wicked banter, and awesome fashion.
  • "The Other Time" will always make me think of two things. Harvey and Donna of course, but also that elusive "other time" when Harvey and Jessica smoked weed in one of their offices. A flashback of that would have been something kind of hilarious...or offensive, I'm not even sure anymore. Maybe both.
  • Donna and Harvey had some great bantering going on. I love good banter, and they both give good...banter.
  • The rooftop must be Jessica and Harvey's special place. We got an origin of "the rooftop" scene. Maybe he can wheel a tea trolley the size of Texas up there and she'll forgive him. Bonus points if he steals Darby's super expensive tea leaves.
  • That mustache! Ugh!!!
  • I MISS GRAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More+
Flag
Ahh. Everything you said about Jessica yes yes yes. I agree with it so much. Thats whats missing. I think they were trying to show oh she deserves what Harvey is doing because she did it, but in my mind there wasn't a personal connection with those partners. Daniel Hardman was the only personal connection within that firm she admitted that he made her feel special he was her mentor of course she would go along with him, why wouldn't she thats loyalty. The same way Donna and Mike were down to help Harvey with his own coup. We don't know the backstory to that so I can't really get with the idea she is getting what she deserves because the difference is she knows Harvey, she groomed Harvey and she puts tons of trust in Harvey this and this whole takeover was personal not professional from the get go. Think about it, as soon as Harvey got his name on the door he was over trying to take over, thats all he wanted. I don't think Harvey ever wanted to be managing partner because he thought he would do a better job than Jessica (which is probably the reason Daniel and Jessica took over the firm in the first place, they thought they were more capable who knows!), I think he was reacting to his hurt feelings after 2.16 and reacted off on impulse and didn't think everything through. So now that he has what he wanted I'm reminded of in the flashback he says something like "I wasn't thinking about what I wanted to do in 10 years, it was who I wanted to do it with" I think present day Harvey realized. He chose Jessica for a reason, he admired her and he always wanted to work beside her as an equal and with his name on the door now he was getting just that so why try to take her down when that's not what he wants, he doesn't want to be a lawyer without Jessica by his side.

So for people to be all "she deserves it" or "why is she so surprised" it's because thats a personal betrayal. It always hurts when someone you care about is willing to go behind your back and do something horrible to you. In this case take her firm away when we know that honestly that's what Jessica's main priority is, b/c we don't know much about her personally we know the firm is like her baby and Harvey trying to take that away from her has to suck. Esp because it's not the first time Harvey has done things like this (ie the huge Mike lie) this was her breaking point. I'm curious to see how they bounce back from that because after so much distrust in that relationship for the past 2 seasons, I don't know if that can be fully restored.
More +
Flag
Well to be fair we don't actually know that Harvey and Donna did it. I seem to remember Donna saying she hadn't slept with Harvey. Now we all know that Donna can lie with the best of them (double entendre intended), but it is possible that Donna and Harvey were all over each other but something happened and they didn't "seal the deal" so to speak...part of me wants to see it that way so i think i'll go with that. I have always wanted Donna and Harvey tho...
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I was kind of hoping for more of Harvey's POV on the Donna-Stephen sitch and the reasoning behind his feelings. Other than him admitting right at the end, "You and Stephen. It bothers me." ... I dunno, I just feel like I missed something. Is it just me, or did this kinda come out of nowhere going by last week's episode where he came off absolutely indifferent? Just me?
Especially at the start where he was all bitchy at Donna that her focus has been on Stephen, I was like wtf, where's this coming from? You didn't care last week, dude.
Also, does her relationship with Stephen bother him cos her Donna-ness isn't up to it's usual awesomeness or is it something more? Why do I get the feeling it's the former? The whole flashback episode implies it's the latter but that doesn't seem very Harvey-like...
I hate seeing Donna pine after Harvey. Sorta wish it were the other way round cos Donna is supreme dream queen of everything. All hail Donna.

Also, watching this episode, I felt like I had momentary asbergers cos I had nooo idea what was going on in that booth scene towards the end because in my mind, they didn't sleep together. The "Is this because of your rule? Because if I'd known this would happen, I never would've come over," that confused the heck out of me. Not just cos of that Rachel & Donna scene ages ago ("Never?" "Never."); Donna's so awesome, you'd think if anyone slept with her once, they'd never ever EVER want to stop sleeping with her. Right? RIGHT?? It's freakin Donna. You sleep with her once, you're done. You freakin put a ring on it and marry it. COMEON. It really deflated the HarveyXDonna balloon I was holding so close to my heart. Sad face.

More+
Flag
Oh and one more thing. They didn't dragit out ( Donna telling Harvey about Stephen) because that would be too much drama in a short space of time and there is more drama to come as it is. It would get sickening them fighting all the time. Donna messing up all the time when they wanted to show that Harvey is hiding his real feelings about her or he doesn't yet know what they are at the moment.

I agree with Krosh , TOO HOT TO RESIST
Flag
What... hey, you're right - where's the reply button? And actually, where the hell did my reply to yours go?? And why are all the replies in the wrong order now?? Helllp...

Yeah I understand they couldn't really drag it out cos... there's only like 8 episodes in a season :( I hate that each season is so short and then I have to go months and months without Donna/Harvey/Mike/Louis awesomeness. I left out Rachel. (I like Meghan Markle, just not the character of Rachel. Yet.)

I was also shocked that he actually admitted that the relationship bothered him. I thought he'd just clam up and continue being unnecessarily bitchy towards Donna until Stephen was out of the picture. When he admitted it, I was like Wooow he's grown! Or maybe actually it's just that one of Donna's super powers is that she can bring that sort of honesty and self-reflection out of him.

Yes yes yes! regarding wanting to see Harvey's feelings bout Donna behind closed doors - I was hoping this flashback episode would show us present-day Harvey's unguarded feels towards her. If a DonnaxHarvey thing is the way the show goes, it'll definitely be much more satisfying if it's done very, very slowly that we barely notice it and we just get to see a lot more Team Darvey world-domination via Louis-teasing, witter banter and Donna doing her Donna thing to help Harvey close cases. I really miss that! The silent communication with just a nod or eyebrow raise or wink, Donna coming to Harvey with seeecret information that no one else would've picked up had it not been for her Donna radar, or Donna sassing people and schooling them on Harvey's needs that she's completely in tune with.

I'm curious too when we'll get to meet the younger Specter brother. We all know Harvey's uber protective of Marcus was it? Malcolm? Maximus? Malfoy?? Maaah..
I know the preview for the upcoming episode is up on Youtube pretty much straight away but it's the same as what shows at the end of the episode so it's nothing new. Anyone know when they make new webisodes? The Quote for Quote (alternative version) never gets old, but it'd be nice if I had something new to replay over and over...
More +
Flag
Ya it came outta nowhere. There is no emotion in his face when he said he didn't want it to become an issue, however, I bet this was done on purpose. Remember he doesn't like to show emotion it shows weakness so this was acted this way to show that you can't read Harvey. Yes they did sleep together but she told him to keep it out of their heads and his little mush when she said that..it was cute. That was the favourite part of the whole scene for me.It looked like he couldn't forget about it.
It also reminds me of that time when she had a letter for him and he asked did you sleep with it under your pillow and she said mind your own business. I almost feel like I have to rewatch every scene again from the point of view of them sleeping together.

It was clear that HE DID MIND their relationship BECAUSE HE HAD FEELINGS ABOUT HER but he wasn't entirely forthcoming about those feelings. It made him come off as a spoilt child that didn't want to share his prize. BUT what made up for it for me was the flashbacks. I'm not liking Harvey's response as an older Harvey but the younger Harvey is a man in love and infatuated.

Again he definitely slept with her. That booth scene was him saying that if he had known they would have to work together again, he wouldn't have came over and slept with her because that would mean when he hired her, she would have broken her rule and that would have made things complicated which it did.
Donna was in denial with Rachel. She was telling us the audience that she could never go back if she slept with Harvey, and she couldn't. She loves him like mad.

AND YES. He should have been crazy about her after sleeping with her.I don't know what is wrong with him. Hopefully we will see some development from HIM in upcoming episodes. HE BETTER start seeing sense!

I'm just glad Donna is seeing someone else because I agree her moping is taking away from DONNA. I want his point of view on it not hers not her being the one who is pinning after him the whole time, and us feeling sorry for her.

More +
Flag
Yeah I kind of figured his lack of emotion would be put down to his awesaaam poker face lying lawyer skills, but it still doesn't really sit right with me. Donna's got amazing acting skills to rival Harvey's and yet, it's made plain as day to the audience when she's feeling disappointed/bothered to dumb things Harvey says ("Look at you; you're beautiful," "No [I'm not upset]," "If I'd known this would happen..." etc etc etc!). No fair yo.

I dislike puppy-dog Donna and was looking forward to this Stephen fling because Donna goes back to being man-killer Donna and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to showcase a tiny bit of jealousy from Harvey, proving his special soft spot for her (sounded kinda dirty...). However, it seems like he's only marginally bothered by it cos Donna is 'his', but forever only in a work sense (which wouldn't bother me if Donna just quit being so dang in love with him), and because Stephen is turning out to be a major douchebag.

WHICH IS ANOTHER THORN IN MY SIDE. Picture me stomping my feet. To be honest, I'd hoped that the arc would go something like this: Stephen comes into the picture; Donna has some fun; Harvey gets slightly protective (he hasn't yet btw which kiiiinda irks me? Or maybe that's to come next week? Why do I get the feeling he's only gonna come to fisty cuffs with Stephen over the case though?); case stuff happens; Stephen and Harvey shake hands and part honourably; Stephen falls head over heels in love with Donna but Donna is all, "Hey, I just met you... and this is crazy... ..."; and then they kinda wink at each other and say, "Maybe next time...?" I dunno. Yeah that's pretty shite too but none of this Donna getting hurt rubbish come on.

Back to the actual show... I find it so hard to believe that he can so quickly put aside their brief interlude (like the sex was so 'meh') for work. But then again, it is work and Harvey is all about his work. BUT THEN AGAIN, it's DONNA. This is getting long, but I didn't really like the episode and I'm not happy bout where it's going but whatever. I stick around for the awesome banter and Louis/Donna moments.
More +
Flag
mm.. pretty sure I was supposed to type 'man-eater' but somehow oh look, I've written 'man-killer' cos we all know Donna is homicidal. Excuse me.

One more thing, I know I've already said it, but them actually having done the dirty has totally ruined it for me. It was much more exciting thinking that they hadn't ever slept together cos of some moral sex code/rule/policy that they each have (Harvey has his whole 'don't sleep with married women cos it's messy' business etc).
They're too perfect for each other it's kinda cliched and it wouldn't have bothered me if they never got together in the end, they moved on to other people but forever held a special place in their hearts for each other. Sort of like at the end of Charlie Wilson's War where Tom Hanks is all, "love you," to Julia Roberts and she's all, "love you too," with her sleeping husband next to her.
Or maybe it's yet to turn out that way cos didn't they sleep together in the movie? I don't know.

And I don't like Harvey this season. Fickle Harvey grinds my gears. I miss world-dominating movie-quoting ass-kicking smooth-talking Louis-mocking Harvey. (I love Louis btw).
More +
Flag
I'm sorry my brain didn't explode it was too busy being awesome but the reply button below which is non existent isn't awesome..where is it gone. Anyway I get you, it makes Donna look weak and that is the same old same old. The woman show their emotions more and the men hide it. But it was a big step A HUGE STEP so soon with Harvey. I didn't think he would admit he was bothered. I think it's just at the beginning that we are worried over his reaction when in fact this will dragged out and we will see further development bit by bit. Harvey will start to trust again and learn that Donna is his constant in his life. I wanted Stephen to stay around to be honest. I don't want him the bad guy and for Donna to see Harvey as the only good guy in her life at the moment. I wanted to see Harvey realise what he could lose.
For me there should be this moment where Harvey has a light bulb moment.

I don't want everything to be rushed or to happen yet though. All the best love stories are a slow burn and a build up bit by bit and this should be the same. Maybe I want less of an upfront admittance with Harvey but more of behind closed doors affect. I don't want it happening too soon but I want to see Harvey POV too. AND no work lovey dovey. I want them to continue to challenge each other and see more of their sassiness.

Apart from Darvey. Anyone else really stoked to see his brother and how he interacts with Donna. I would love if he had the hots for her too but she declines obviously and the talk between him and Harvey.

Does anyone know when the sneek peeks come out for this..which day? I'm suffering withdrawls
More +
Flag
How may cups of coffee have you ingested?! lol! See the sleeping together doesn't bother me because if they hadn't then it would look like Harvey has absolutely no interest in her except platonically. Him hooking up with her and that look on his face when he told jessica that she was special was adorable. So I like that they slept together. Another thing is that we have to remember that he has women issues too and I rewatched the scene where Donna calls him out over Scotty. Donna told him let the other one go and he obviously let Scotty go to london albeit it was to do with her cheating on her fiance.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Stephen was that fiance. Anyway spoilers coming....
I read that stephen didn't undermind the case on purpose It was a result of Harvey keeping him out of the loop. We have to remember he is on Darbys side and he thought that Cameron had the witness. What I might have read may not be true but if it was this would become even more complicated because Stephen would have messed up accidentally and not on purpose which would present a very difficult situation with Donna. I don't know what he lied about though and what Donna is apologizing for. Harvey looks surprised by something so maybe Donna slipped up and gave Stephen information. OR maybe she is going to continue to see him or maybe she is thinking about leaving.... i don't know.
One thing is for sure I hope they drag it out with Donna and harvey and i hope that he is hesitant to move because of his womens issues. We can't everything now.
More +
Flag

If DA Cameron has had so many instances of doing illegal stuff to win cases why doesn't Harvey just dig those back up to someone who can fire the DA? Or does that not count as winning? There was an earlier episode where it was pinned on him for one of his cases but there should be ones that only Cameron has his name on.
Flag
Love the L.A. Confidential reference.
Flag
Adored the rooftop scene. Gina Torres is fantastic I could literally read every emotion Jessica was going through during that scene and it was painful and beautiful to watch.
I loved Louis.
I loved young Harvey. (High fives hahaha)
I loved Bertha!
I don't think the episode was necessary but it was a nice filler episode (aside from the super uncomfortable moment of them quoting Sam Jackson, I get they do quotes but it didn't sit well with me) and I think it set stuff up for 3.07 which looks super promising.
Flag
loved, looooved Donna in this episode. Sarah Rafferty is a fantastic actress in my book. From the way she sassed early-Harvey, shut him down so beautifully (cause let's be honest, if that was anyone else being wooed with those brown eyes and scotch, panties be droppin') to her confidence, and her poise when he basically shut her down at the diner ("if I had known this would happen, I never would've come over" -the look on her face, ouch!)

And the way she so succinctly summed up Louis Litt, "You have a cat that you love more than it loves you." Amaze.

Also, anyone else see Harvey's dad finally revealed and go "JIMMY!"
Flag
Hey, Harvey's dad is Joe Astor from Viper seasons 1 and 4! Hit the switch and call out Defender mode. Nobody else on this site knows what I'm talking about, I fear.

I was disappointed that the connections in this episode's flashback segments didn't resonate more heavily or clearly with the current-day segments. I liked Louis' callback to the "I'm taking a day" and his reaction to Harvey's name on the door, but there was a lot of exposition and not much actual delivery. And you're right on the money from this stuff merely covering what is already known without much growth... minus one thing.

Harvey and Donna's fling bummed me out from how pat it felt, it didn't feel honest between them and its payoff - reversing Harvey's feelings about Stephen the British, which also came with an exceptionally cheap "turns out British Harvey really is the evil one who screws everybody over and is using Donna" move that should have been kept in whatever 'writing for cheap soap operas' handbook it came from.

Your comments on Jessica read spot on, and I'm growing tired of how they've been writing her lately, she's angry and wrong-headed and easily blindsided because she's not the character from season 1 anymore.

I was glad Rachel was barely a part of this episode, it made her boring "now" storyline less unbearable. Mike however keeps sinking further and further down the douche slide. ("Douche Slide" sounds like a perfect local-scene band name.)
More+
Flag
Mike didn't drop the F-bomb, he was saying Flecker or something like that. Though I liked how he was implying that if you're going to quote Tarantino then you should actually QUOTE Tarantino instead of using the PC version.

I remember an old episode of Scrubs, a few people freaked out. Elliot said Frick over and over. Even just before her rant her best friend from college said here come the Fricks.

Some people thought she was dropping the F-bomb on network primetime TV and their heads exploded on the forums.
Flag
he said Flucker and motherflucker
Flag
Please explain this ,
I dont understand this, at the beginning of episode Mike asked Rachel that y is she in such a hurry , flight is not there for 3 hours , she said she has to reach there 2 hrs prior to that and way to airport is 1 hr long , so they sort of kissed goodbye and she apparently left for airport in a hurry ,
Then near the end of episode we saw Mike waiting for Rachel at home, Now her clothes are changed and he told her he got into Harvard , i thought she had left for airport already , she was in hurry. What was she still doing there? What i m missing here ?
Flag
Pretty sure that was after she came back from Stanford.

I really hate the way they always say to be at the airport 2 hrs before your flight. Its 2 hrs for an international flight 1 hr domestic. If its a holiday probably add 30 min but in the show it was just a normal day.
Flag
I think she had been to Stamford, had the interview and returned - it morning when she left and night when she returned.
Also as Mike had changed his suit, i assume that it was at least a day later - the mix of present day stuff and flashbacks probably muddled the timeline for a few people
Flag
I think both of you have great points, this episode's "now" timeline was a confusing mess and it did take place over the course of several days.
Flag
Oh what an awesome episode!!! I knew with a title like "the Other Time" that we would have a good explanation on this mysterious moment!!! But I didn't expect this. I thought I was going to be disappointed somehow because the show has the habit of doing things halfway! So I was really excited to see that they made "this other time" worthwhile.

I loved all the flashback scenes with Harvey and Donna!!! :^^ The chemistry and the hot sexual banters between them were amazing, even more sizzling than if we saw them kiss or something!!! I mean their scenes were pretty special!!! : ) so yeah I enjoyed them so much!! And I think it was a great thing to let us imagine what happens between them behind the door and not to see them kiss! I am a real shipper of this couple, more than ever!!

However, I think I still prefer Rewind episode of Season 2 because Mike's storyline with Jenny was way more interesting than the one in The other Time! But concerning Harvey's background story, both episodes are perfect!! So yes, I loved this episode a lot!!! Last one was also very good and again, it's the scene when Donna tells Harvey about Stephen that was the most interesting scene of the episode IMO!! It really looked like Donna was expecting to see something else than casual indifference on Harvey's face and she looked kinda disappointed that he didn't seem a bit jealous! so yes, that was intriguing!
More+
Flag
Why bother going to law school when apparently you can make $82 hourly on a laptop (no desktops allowed!). I thought it was a pretty solid flashback episode and they managed to work it in fairly well with the current arc.
Flag
It might be a bit of a generalization, but I've never been too fond of lawyers, and pretty much every character in Suits is exactly why
Flag
Can Bertha be Louis' new assistant? Imagine how much fun they could have mock-hate or hate-hating each other.
Flag
James Blake's Retrograde @ the end was GOLD!
Flag
I want a serie with Donna from Suit and Jessica from True Blood... Pretty please
Flag
Okay I pretty much paid attention to the Donna/Harvey part but Mike going to Harvard? Really? How?

Flag
that was the letter from 10 years ago when he got accepted because he aced the test, however being expelled from his university (selling answer of test to the dean 's daughter LOL) and bad mouth of the disgraced Dean prevented him to make it to Harvard
Flag
I think it might just be that he once upon a time got into Harvard...maybe. Sadly I don't care about their story line
Flag
Oh ya other non Donna and Harvey stuff happened in this episode. So Mike... ya whatever. So is Stephen trying to do a coup on Darby? Probably with the guy trying to take over Hessington Oil. Harvey just confessed to Jessica HIS coup, but what he doesn't know is that his deal with Darby isn't ok (because of Stephen handing the guy to Cameron), because Ava isn't in the all clear. So will Jessica, Darby and Harvey all unite their captain planet rings against Huntley and rich guy?

Flag
I think rich guy is already settled rich guy owns Hessington Oil while Ava stays as CEO. SO thats done.

Harvey's confession of coup is a problem. Pierson, Darby, Specter dissension will be war. But British Harvey worries me. Getting played by Dennis is not something our Harvey gets hit with. It makes me wonder if he's plating a coup too. maybe with Darby's blessing. I mean the company is called Darby International.
Flag
Had this thought while considering this episode (which probably says I shouldn't overanalyze fictional characters). Harvey knows his inability to get emotionally involved with women. So he knows that he can't be with Donna. So he subconsiously decides to push her away romantically, but to create a stable relationship with her. It is quite strange that he creates such a longterm relationship with a woman. Anyway, I said it befor and I'm saying it again. It was very selfish of him not to want her to be with anyone else. And I can't wait to see Jessica's full reaction to the news
Flag
I've never wanted Harvey and Donna to get together (for one it's such a cliche) but now I'm thinking they would be great together as long as they no longer work together. It would destroy me if Harvey & Donna, started acting like Mike & Rachel.
So while everyone discusses whether Donna is in love with Harvey, can we take a minute to look at how Harvey discussed Donna with Jessica. Firstly he is paying for her salary out of his own. That is pretty important information. Donna would not like that one bit. Is he still supplementing her salary?!?! And he seemed pretty smitten with Donna when he spoke about her, that was not the look of a guy who was thinking, this girl has 70 words per minute. There was some emotion behind that 'she is' when Jessica said she must be special. But then he goes and says 'I don't want to loose you' to Donna BEFORE asking her to be his secretary. Epic fail. I can only summize at this point that emotionally handicapped Harvey couldn't handle a relationship with Donna in case he ever lost her (mammy issues) so he did the next best thing. Now she is always there for him, so close, and yet so far.
More+
Flag
I need tissues after this post! I get ya that would make perfect sense but then he was perfectly happy to commit to the character that was played by Gabriel's wife. But this all makes sense. Fabulous post!
Flag
Oh and didn't she leave him too. Poor Harvey, no wonder he has trust issues.
Flag
I just rewatched the scene with Donna giving Harvey grief over Scotty and she told him that he let her go. So maybe I was wrong with that woman. He wasn't interested in her either.
Flag
Yes..Yes she did *blows nose*
Flag
The practical implications of Harvey's deal to hire Donna is just a matter of him returning at a lower salary than originally planned. I don't think his starting salary as a returning associate has any bearing on his salary now. From a bookkeeping standpoint there can be no relationship between Harvey's paycheck and Donna's. She can't very well be a payroll deduction.
Flag
I understand what you are saying but he took a lower paycheck so she could work there, who to say he still isn't? They must have dropped that little nugget in for a reason, and of course when someone says, Donna must never know, it usually means she'll find out asap. It could have been just to illustrate how much Harvey wanted her, but I doubt it.
Flag
From what I understand, Harvey started in the mailroom not associate. but I wonder if Donna knows and just not saying anything, I mean she is Donna. Though if she did she might have reacted but the deal don't apply anymore I think he is senior partner now.

Flag
- MIke and Rachel seemed ok to me. Legitimate tension in this kind of situation.

I watched S01E01 to S03E03 in two weeks with my roommate and the thing we noticed is that times are never good in the Suits world. Sometimes there is an episode where things work out, relationships get mended, people get back on track to being decent people and then WHAM at the end of the episode something horrible happens.

There's never happy time in Suits. And I kinda like it.
Flag
I'm not sure I want to see Donna and Harvey together. I feel like that would disrupt their perfect banter balance and slightly take away from Donna's awesomeness. That said what is the alternative? If a character doesn't move forward it ends up moving backwards i.e. Donna can't remain an asexual creature to Harvey's change them like socks attitude. Mmmm....

Also as great as it was to see Donna and Harvey in their early incarnations what the hell was up with Donna's wig? That was the worse. I just waned to rip that fringe out.

Finally when Rachel went to Stanford I secretly hoped her plane would crash. It didnt. Booo,
Flag
Cute episode, although I could have very well passed on most of the Mike's stuff this week. Donna-Harvey part was great to watch, though. I rather don't have them involved, but I fear that's going to be in the air for as long as the series goes.
Flag
What's the bets that the brother will show up and have a thing for Donna
Flag
Was anyone else kinda wondering who the dean's daughter was that got caught cheating from Mike's exam? Had a crazy kinda hope it was Katrina.
Flag
Have to say, the conveyance of hurt and betrayal on her (Gina's) face was terrific when Harvey told Jessica about his own coup. It was subtle but incredibly expressive - great acting. Jessica is a shark and is willing to step over questionable boundaries to get what she wants, but at that moment, you feel for her character like you would anytime you see the mentee stabs the mentor in the back.

And as always, Donna and Louis (even with a few minutes screentime) were awesome.
Flag
Last season Jessica said she looked further into Mike's background when she wasn't sure of his Harvard status.

Did she say she found no record of him attending any undergrad school? OR did she say graduate from any undergrad school. I thought she said attended but my memory of last season's ep is way too fuzzy.

Flag
I believe she said there was record of him graduating from Harvard, but there was no record of his undergraduate degree.
Flag
They had faked something from Harvard but before that there was no record and that is where he got caught out
Flag
Actually no, the hacker back in season 1 (or 2) updated all of Harvard's electronic records to say that Mike went there and stuff and even got them to re-issue an official diploma.

Jessica even said that she checked with Harvard and they confirmed that Mike went there. Harvey smiled! But then Jessica said that she didn't stop there; she looked further and found out that there was no record of Mike (doing BLANK) at any any Undergrad colleges in the country. Harvey frowned and knew he was caught.

I thought she said there was no record of him attending, but as we learned he attended and excelled until he got expelled. Perhaps she said graduate, which would jive with getting expelled.
Flag
Flag
I loved Daddy Specter definitely can't wait to meet Marcus should be interesting to see. Donna and Harvey I was satisfied and understood their relationship better after the flashback
Flag
Yea. It took me a minute to realize that it was Harvey's dad in that scene, but once the realization hit I really enjoyed the interaction between the two of them.
Flag
I think Harvey is a bit too harsh to Donna sometimes. Not that he adores her any less but I get how hurtful his constant reminder that he's not specifically interested in a relationship with her can be. Donna's "I knooow!" at the bar made me cry.
Flag
I agree and it IS not fair on her. It kinda feels like he wants her around because she helps him and that is all. I wish he said more about their friendship then anything else. I was left feeling more confused about where Harvey stood. I don't know whether he was bothered by it just because he kinda wants to own her or if it's because he has genuine feelings for her that he isn't sure on yet. One thing is for sure though, the younger version of him looked like a guy in love when he asked Jessica could she hire her and said she was special. Donna needs a healthy relationship though and if Harvey isn't there yet she does need to get on with her life. Can someone explain to me though what Harvey meant by " then why did you break it" in the diner. Stephen isn't really working with her so she didn't break her rule as such
Flag
Flag
She was the harsh one when she said "Good!" about it bothering him. The "I know" wasn't her being sad that he wasn't into her, that was her dismissal of the idea because it was mutually understood to be off the table (and her rule in the first place) and she was said it because he was stupid to even suggest that she thought he thought he meant that given their understanding (she's fairly condescending like that, frequently -- she's Donna). If anyone took it on the chin in that conversation, it was definitely Harvey.
Flag
No she was genuinely upset when she said I know. She has accepted that he doesn't want anything more with her. It was awful to see her disappointed when he asked her to work for him and she thought he was interested in started something with her. Last season It's clear that Donna is more into Harvey then he is into her. And even he has said it but he doesn't want to go there
Flag
You can't know that. I maintain she was exasperated by his stupidity. Yes, she was disappointed in that moment, but that was her own fault. She made him chose between her at night and her all day long. He made the right choice considering he works more than he has free time. He chose more Donna and she went along with it.
Flag
Oh and one more thing. I would be perfectly happy if his lack of interest was due to him having women issues and not trusting them but the thing is he was ready to commit to the character played by Gabriel's real wife ( Sorry I can't remember her name) It just makes him come across as really selfish. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Harvey but I don't want to have any bad resentment for him in the future for being selfish with Donna.
Flag
Well that second part I agree with for sure, he did choose more Donna, but I think if he had asked her to break the rule then she would, however, he said he doesn't want or a relationship with her " that doesn't mean that I want..." as we have read from aaron Kosh in his interview.
Flag
Also I want Omar to be Mike and Harveys future client
Flag
Louis on the screen roughly 5 minutes, still the MVP of the episode for me.
Flag
Bertha should absolutely get a job Pearson Darby Specter. And under no circumstances should Harvey and Donna renew their intimate relationship.
Flag
It wouldn't bother me at all if they got together. I would only be concerned that they might end up spending too much time on relationship issues. But that concern exists even if they don't get together, especially if they both have relationships with someone else.
Flag
I want them to play cat and mouse with the relationship and even if they did get together I think Harvey is professional enough not to be all lovey dovey at the office and they could make that a rule. But I do want to see Harvey be in love with Donna and Donna not realising it. I liked the tension, donna fixing Harvey hair etc...but now it feels that because Harvey is always commenting about how she loves him, that that makes the situation akward. They can't really not go there. They have to at least flirt with the idea. I don't want to see Donna pining all the time, I want to see from Harvey's point of view. Needless to say they are going to drag it out for a long time and that I will enjoy but I do want to see them together at least at the end.
Flag
Well, I am and always have been a Harvey/Donna shipper; I would love to see them as a couple maybe keeping it secret for everybody else until Mike or Rachel find out, but maybe that's material for season 6 right? in the meantime I'm happy with the flirty witty quipping we've seen exchange all along.. keep it coming!
I think Mike showed Rachel his acceptance letter from 10 years ago, proving to her that he got in before becoming a fraud, but maybe I missed something and he actually tested to get in lately? Idk, some insight please, thank you.

I hate british Harvey.. he's overstayed his welcome.
I demand at least 10 minutes of actual Lous Litt screen time.
The end.
Flag
Louis cracked me up this episode and he only really had a half dozen lines. But this episode also attempted to increase the mystery of Donna. Which I still feel was tarnished a bit by hooking up with Steve. Because likely that relationship is going to be used. Steven likely used her to get access to something, which is how he was able to track down the General. So if that occurs, all he did was play Donna and she isn't the type to get played. Least of all by a "slime ball" like Steve.

Also with Steve. Harvey left himself wide open. Steve is the British Harvey, Harvey doesn't do anything without a reason. So Steve likely has reasons behind everything that he has been, ahem, doing. Harvey doesn't seem to have considered what Steve really wants. And to me that has to be what Harvey wants as well, and that is his name on the wall as well.

Jessica didn't surprise me. This was pretty much revealed last season when she came across that woman that was an associate or fellow student that she screwed over. She wasn't regretful, she wasn't sad. It seemed she just interacted with her to feel that rush of getting over on someone again. Jessica has no honor, and that is the difference between her and the rest of the characters except maybe Cameron. She is the type of person that would pay a General to murder people. And she wouldn't care as long as she ended up on top.

The Mike and Harvard thing. Of course it was his loser buddies fault. However the one thing, he should have known that the Frat guy was going to cheat him. If you can count all of the cards and your opponent still has all the confidence in the world, somethings wrong. He got hustled and he should have spotted it.
More+
Flag
If Donna got played I'm blaming stupid Rachel and her I want a life outside of work nonsense that basically pushed Donna into Stephens arms. I'm glad you are feeling better about Donna though, I have no doubt she will get one over on Stephen in the end :)
Flag
Oh I never had bad feelings towards Donna. She is a fantastic character. I am just not sure I like the overall storyline that the writers have given her this year. Despite the hilarious and fantastic lines that they have given her.
Flag
I am glad that they did not tell us what Harvey and Donna do with the whipped cream and the can opener, because it would never be as epic as it is in our heads.
Flag
My thoughts... Donna and Harvey actually "doing it" kind of depressed me. I was expecting them to kiss, but actually having sex with Harvey completely undermined Donna's conversation with Rachel in the season 1 finale (Rachel more or less asked if Donna ever had sex with Harvey, Donna repeatedly said "no," Rachel asked why not, and Donna, with a very sad look on her face, said because it's because if she ever did, she couldn't go back.)

Harvey's relationship with his dad was very interesting to see. They genuinely loved each other, and the dad did seem to be a decent guy. I wonder, though, what happened in those five years that made Harvey a show-no-emotion workaholic, celebrating his promotion to junior partner rather than mourning the death of his father. Harvey said that showing emotions make you weak, but it's not shown here or the 5 year flashback episode. SOMETHING happened during those 5 years he was working for Jessica. I wonder what?

I also really wonder what Jessica's former bosses did to get her to essentially make a deal with the devil? Or maybe Hardman really was a nice guy but became corrupt with power? Who knows?

It was nice to see that Trevor actually was a caring friend at one point, and now makes sense why Mike tried forgiving him again and again in season 1 until he revealed Mike's secret. For that matter... WHERE THE HELL IS TREVOR IN PRESENT DAY? Mike threatened him ONCE and he just disappears, never to be seen again except in flashback episodes? Trevor was more or less the Big Bad of season 1. Everything he did ended up either screwing Mike professionally or putting him in physical danger, and after one threat he just leaves Mike? Even Travis Tanner, Harvey's nemesis, came back in present day to make Harvey's life a living hell. Trevor isn't like Hardman, who was soundly defeated before leaving the show. He can still come back. I was at least expecting him to appear at Sassy Grandma's funeral. Instead we got Tess, a one shot Jenny clone who sleeps with Mike because the plot says so and disappears with only her husband's beatdown of Mike as a reminder that she existed.

So Harvey's got his name on the door now. I think he's begun to realize that that's really all he ever wanted, which no makes sense why he actually looked guilt ridden when he confessed to Jessica. Looking back, Jessica was a good leader generally speaking, although she did make a lot of mistakes here and there. Harvey was convinced that the only way to get his name on the door was to completely overthrow her, but now that his name IS on the door, I think that may have been the wake up call he needed to realize that he's in the wrong this time.

Overall good episode, though it again irks me that the show REALLY is pushing a romantic Harvey/Donna relationship, when I believe they should have more of a Goren/Eames or Benson/Stabler relationship. Call me a blasphemer, but I'd rather see Harvey end up with Scottie, since she's the only one who actually made it known that she was in love with him. AND BRING BACK TREVOR! He's not done making Mike's life a living Hell. 7 out of 10
More+
Flag
I don't think it undermined anything. Rachel never asked the question. The unspoken question could be "would you ever" not "did you ever", and when Donna answered there was sadness in her eyes because she'd already learned the lesson. Donna and Harvey can never go back to how they were before the first time, and now that they've managed to put it aside, if they did it again they could never go back to what they have now.
Flag
Exactly what I was wondering about Harvey. What shaped him into the clear-cut Harvey.
Flag
A great episode in a MEH season. This season in whole has been uneven, a flashback episode is exactly the breath of fresh air it needed. It was great to see Harvey not being a bully for an episode and Donna back to her old self. I hope Louis never changes, he killed it in this episode again, this season he's really shining.
The big surprise in this episode for me was the Harvard twist with Mike, it was a very nice touch. I hope the rest of the season is on par with this episode because it's exactly why I fell in love with this show.
Flag
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this episode had one MAJOR flaw-

The douchey, frat guy didn't get his comeuppance in the end.
Flag
I'm hoping that was a setup for a future episode.
Flag
I forgot to say "yay for Sassy Grandma"! You have been missed.
Flag
What a sublime episode! I have to say that again: what a sublime episode!
I was afraid going back in time was going to take away from the flow of the current storyline, but it didn't at all. Everything was perfect!

Harvey and Mike's storylines were damn great and explained a lot, especially Mike's. And really, there can never be enough The Wire references! Never! Hah!

Best bit of this episode goes to Louis again though: ten years later, and he still needs to take a day to accept Harvey's dominance! Frickin awesome!

Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members