Suits Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on USAIn Season

Suits Renewed For Second Season !!

JimmyCannon

[21]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 2

Edieward wrote:

Dear Saphire382, Thanks for your note. I know a lot of TV shows lack realism and to some degree we all know that. I guess I'm making a different more subtle point. My point is: there's a difference between entertaining viewers and deceiving or manipulating viewers. My point is that it's one thing to bend the truth and exaggerate in ways that everyone watching knows and expects. It's quite a different thing for a show's producers to willfully exploit people's ignorance about something such that if they were told the truth about it, they might feel completely differently about the show. I'm willing to bet that most people watching the show have been led to believe that to practice law, it's enough to pass the bar, and that the only "lie" involved is that Mike went to Harvard. What I'm further saying is that I believe that most people, if told that the show's writers were basing the entire show on a fundamentally impossible premise, would become pissed off because they would feel their ignorance about the law was being manipulated and exploited. At the end of the day, a television show whose entire story line relies on people's ignorance, and that manipulates and deceives the audience with respect to that basic premise, is a cheap cynical unlikable show. I strongly disagree with your suggestion that most TV shows are like that or yourimplicit suggestion that to be entertaining TV needs to be that way.

that's not true, it doesn't make people think that all you have to do is pass the bar as he has done it. and if you were right then he would be a proper lawye but he is not a lawyer because he didn't go to law school and therefore cannot register with the bar association. that's what the shows about, somneone who physically can be a lawyer but legally can't and at the end of the day if you don't like it you don't have to watch it stop trying to ruin for other people. typical lawyer.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haraldpaulsen

[22]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 3

I love this show. Just saw episode 12, what a cliffhanger!

Can't wait to see season 2

oxymoron2009

[23]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 5

absolutelydelighted!

nico2256

[24]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 2

Can't wait for Season 2. Reminds me a bit of Prison Break!

Momsternator

[25]Jan 18, 2012
    • level: 5

Sigh. This wait is getting old. These mini-seasons are a great way to lose viewers. I loved the show and am quickly forgetting why. Time to stream a few reruns, I suppose. I just don't see why they can't do a real full season. It's not like they depend on weather or CGI. Does anybody know why so many shows are doing these mini-seasons? They make me grumpy.

Edited on 01/18/2012 4:47pm

NUMB3RSno1freak

[26]May 4, 2012
    • level: 6
    Momsternator wrote:

Sigh. This wait is getting old. These mini-seasons are a great way to lose viewers. I loved the show and am quickly forgetting why. Time to stream a few reruns, I suppose. I just don't see why they can't do a real full season. It's not like they depend on weather or CGI. Does anybody know why so many shows are doing these mini-seasons? They make me grumpy.

Don't know if I'm stating the obvious here but most of the these shows that have the mini-seasons are aired in the summer during the hiatus of the fall shows. So there isn't enough time to do a full season (~24 episodes) however I do think they could maybe stretch it out more with ~15 episodes...

Can't wait for the new season here in the UK, Dave says we shouldn't have too long to wait after the States

cross_mr

[27]May 24, 2012
    • level: 9
    NUMB3RSno1freak wrote:

Don't know if I'm stating the obvious here but most of the these shows that have the mini-seasons are aired in the summer during the hiatus of the fall shows. So there isn't enough time to do a full season (~24 episodes) however I do think they could maybe stretch it out more with ~15 episodes...

They could do much more than that. by Mid may most series have wrapped up. This week just a few stragglers. They really don't get under way until the end of september at best. Depending on when things finished and when they were starting up again, they could put 20 episodes in. Very few shows do a 24 episode season these days.
    The average is usually 20-22 with the odd season doing 24. If they stop pre-empting shows and running re-runs during the season they could easily run two 20-24 episodes shows a year in the same time slot, while still allowing for a short christmas break for special shows, and say a week at thanksgiving. New shows in the summer is becoming much more common, and doing a mid-september +22 weeks season, then switching over to the second season to carry us spring/summer would make a lot of sense for networks. It would allow them to sell more advertising and try out more shows.