Suits

Tuesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jun 23, 2011 In Season

neomichel

Suits Fan Reviews (117)

• The premise of this show does not simply stretch the truth. It is impossible. IM-PO-SSI-BLE.

Just for one moment, could we all please address the 600 pound gorilla in the room? This entire show is based on an impossible premise. The premise I'm talking about is that Mike can practice law just by having passed by the bar exam, and that the only deceit is that he graduated from Harvard. DOH! To practice law you need to be admitted to the bar of the jurisdiction in which you intend to practice. In New York, as in every state, to be admitted to the bar, passing the bar exam is NOT ENOUGH. Among other things you need to show proof that you graduated from an accredited law school, and that proof must take the form of a final transcript showing that you graduated and showing three years' worth of grades. So, obviously, Mike is not and cannot be a member of the New York bar or the bar of any other state. As such the scams and deceits of the show's characters pale in comparison to the scam that the show's producers and writers are perpetrating on those gullible enough to tune in every week. And I should know - I'm a lawyer. And a member of the New York bar. And, for the record, a graduate of Harvard Law School. (Don't get me started about all the baloney about HLS that the show propagates ....)

• Suits - Ready for the Thrift Store

The new season of Suits has started with to lack luster bickering episodes that are a waste of TV users time. Hope the show corrects the downward spiral they are acting out in the show.
  • No Law Degree?!

2.5
    OK. I love the show but I'm so over the thing about people finding out that Mike didn't go to law school. I was hoping since Mike and Harvey are at different firms that this story line is in the past for good. But I guess not and may not watch the rest of this episode or any others because of it. Very childish. So is the jealousy with Rachel.
  • Season 4- horrible scriptwriting this season, guys

I never usually write comments or reviews, but Suits used to be my 2nd favourite show. USED TO.

and now... apparently theyve employed bold and the beautiful scriptwriters to write season 4

so sad

and so disappointed. Characters who i used to love are now predictable, boring and 1 dimensional. How did luis turn into the constant loser all of a sudden? donna's not coming up with anything new or interesting.

ill watch the last 2 episodes just so i can say with 100% confidence that this show has turned shit. mike's too good for your stupid dramatic soap opera with no substance or wit.

• What's with the GD?

Why all the sudden are you spewing GD all over the place? My home is my safe haven from all that trash and I don't allow that in my house.

Good bye Suits .. keep your trash talk to yourself
  • When Did Suits Become an Estrogen Fest?

I use to like Suits. It was light with a fun premise that we all enjoy (see "Catch Me if You Can"). BUt, when did Suits abandon it's original "Buddy/imposter"premise for the Estrogen Fest? This is a different show. It use to be about 2 guys. Now its about 3 or 4 women a couple of minor characters (played by the original 2 guys). Also, when did it go from fun episodes that had all kinds of clients (and conclusions) to one story about one client (with some lame attempt at a weekly cliffhanger) for the entire season. It's a feakin' Soap Opera now. I love shows that I can watch with my wife. This use to be one of them. Now even she's rejecting it because it's not the same show. USA has a diverse viewership I'm sure, but this show has abandoned regular guys. Maybe USA just wants to get it syndicated on Bravo or OWN. And bringing on all that great talent just makes it worse because they are so underutilized. And giving Louis a pussy to fight for? OMG, did the film school dropout director just watch "The Departed?"
  • blindsided

I love the show but this epi sucked. Mikes holier than thou attitude went overboard to stupidity. And what kind of shitty weed were they smoking? No one got high?

I still love the show but please get it right.
  • This show is bullshit

3.5
    Come on writers, find a new curse word. The next time I hear one of your bullshit characters says "bullshit"... Are there any good drama series left?
  • A stupid programe trying to be intellectualy clever but failing as the writers themselves aren't at that level.

My friend just put it on... I couldn't see it from where I was standing but on hearing some rock song playing while some opening bedroom action was about to happen, made me think, "contrived mindless lyrics over the top of some tired riff regurgitated trying to be hip". But the reality is that this program is dismissed by those occupying that rare level of intellect, who are socially ahead of the general rabble, aloof as required but still able to communicate with others if required.

The conceited attempt of all that this program tries to conjure up fails. Why? Because the writers cant create the correct ambiance, atmosphere,subtleties, nuances and everything else that goes into making the very very limited great shows there have been (like BB). Why can't the writers of Suit do this? Well it's because they are just like that unsophisticated rabble that rave about it.

Statistically if you want: Not the bottom 25% of the populace. It's the lower/middle/middle-upper group making up the bulk of mindless Suit lovers. Then after that there's the upper (where these stupid writers and creators think they inhabit). Because being at that level, they will never be enlightened there is another movement above that.

That is the top most 5% -that group I alluded to above. Yes I know what you the reader is thinking... what implausible rubbish. But you would. You resemble those who dismissed for 150 years of there being another very secret calculation to quantum probability that theory amplitudes well beyond the sub atomic level now bringing finality to life as it is now, exposing further origin revelations and later what will happen -all of a sudden. In all the billions of universes. All at the same time. Now, in the future and simultaneously in the PAST!
  • Befriend me

I have to admit at first that I thought the show was good. However, I started to notice that the actor playing the character

Harvey has too much say as to who is to guest on the show. Like for example, the woman who plays the role of Donna on show.

He knows her personally and therefore her role has expanded. Furthermore, his real life wife was even a guest on the show.

Usually I would not complain but, after this past summer when so many people complained about Will Smith helping his

son further his career. And yet no one is saying anything when the actor playing Harvey has people he knows personally

on the show all of the time. So, I have decided to stop watching the show until the writers start giving the other actors

on the show more air time and more say as to the direction of the show. Because, as it is now the actor playing Harvey has

too much say and it gives off the vibe that it is a one man show.

Additionally, the only character that has not had much developed storyline is Jessica. I would have liked to have seen more

of her personal life since the show has no problem showing everyone else's personal life. She needs to have a healthy personal

relationship outside of work. More, as her character is now it seems like in order to be successful a woman has to be single and

put her job before her personal life. (Also, I am aware of the fact that her character is divorced. However, that does not excuse the

fact that her character does not have a personal life outside of work).

Finally, it would be nice to see more minorities on the show and not just as clients either.

As an example, I am talking about Asian, Black and Indian. (Please do not hate, respect my opinion as I would respect yours.

Because, negative responses will be ignored).
  • It's a fancy, polished, glossy new show, but it lacks originality, chemistry and credibility legal theme based shows require to survive.

I must admit watching the whole 70 minutes was an ordeal. Perhaps I'm being prejudiced, but there's a limit to how far you can test the viewer's patience with clichees.

Harvey Specter - sure the whole "I'm a handsome, charming, well dressed lawyer with an overinflated ego and care for no one besides myself" fits him like a glove, but I feel as if he just takes it too far.

Mike Ross - college dropout, part time drug dealer/user, oh but let's not forget his photographic memory (an angle that's being so overused in way too many shows), and his relationship to the sick grandmother that brought him up, and, in what looked like a death-bed promise, made him open his eyes to reality and swear to turn his life around and fulfil his true potential. - also, the manner in which he obtained the job at the law firm was just too much junk for me to swallow whole.

Rachel Zane - the firm's best paralegal. Ravishing looks, a sharp mind accompanied by a sharp tongue, should have been a lawyer but *ahem* 'does not test well'. Please ..I only see 'office bimbo' tattooed on her forhead.

Jessica Pearson - she has no credibility as a boss as far as I'm concerned. She gives in to Harvey's requests way to easily and does not sell on the iron fist a chief has to have in order to keep renegades like Harvey and Mike in line.

Louis Litt - I'm actually curious enough to watch the next episodes just to see how they plan on including Louis in the mix, because the only vibe I got from him was that of the office muscle, that only shows his face when someone needs a good bashing or intimidation.

To conclude, this show looks to me like a very expensive hooker with very expensive implants, which will surely enough end up burning, like many of its predecessors, most of which were oh so much more fascinating.
  • Black, white. Good, bad. Broad brush, fake extreme emotions hide no story.

Good production values.
  • I'M IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW BUT.

i started watching suits just 2 weeks back and I'm already done with watching every single episode up till the latest season 4 episode. i loved suits because in the future i wanted to become a lawyer and i loved the confusing relationship with mike and harvey. honestly I don't like it so much that mike had to leave and joint some crappy investment banking firm. i liked it when he was doing law and when he was doing it with harvey. the prime reason why i found this website is because i wanted to voice this out. so i really really need to know. DOES MIKE GO BACK TO WORK FOR PEARSON SPECTER. the basis of this show is harvey and mike together solving cases brilliantly as a team and i really want to see somehow someway that mike goes back to work for pearson specter in the near future. pleeeeaaaaaasssseeee i really hope it does happen. thats the only thing that motivating me to continue watching it.
  • Make it more interesting

Get back season 1 personal matters like Mike Rose and his best friend/girl friend or Harvey Specter and his personal issues! Season 2 is being so professional oriented. What made season 1 amazing is the mixture of both personal and professional matters with an amazing twist!
  • Why not more mature?

Most of the cast are within their characters, however I find Jessica is way too young to convince me that she has that vast knowledge of the legal world. It would be more convincing if Jessica was a more mature lady with a streak of white hair, piercing eyes and assertive manner.
  • Language

I REALLY enjoy this show --- probably my favorite; however, the unnecessary use of the Name of God as a curse word will cause me to have to give up watching. It seems that the slur using God's Name in vain is now very frequent in every episode. Is this considered enhancing to the show? I find it degrading. This of course is my opinion which I share with many others including without a doubt the owner of that NAME. God is NOT the 'dammer'. I would very much like to be able to continue enjoying this show; so whoever is responsible, I would PLEASE request that you remove this blasphemy from the script and allow those who are sensitive to this type of language to keep watching. It is a very intriguing show with wonderful characters. Just let it be clean.
  • Use Dictionary to increase creativity!

Really enjoy the show, BUT I'm annoyed by the fact that someone in the cast says "G_d d__n" at least two times on each show. Writers should search the dictionary if they run out of ways to describe anger, and disgust! God does not damn. We damn ourselves!

• Suits heading the way of American Chopper, soon the bickering will start!

Loved Suits 1, couldn't wait for Suits 2 but the reappearance of the thorn in Jessica's side is a thorn in mine too. I don't want to watch a show wondering when the distasteful bit is coming and the character I hate is due on. The division of the staff and how long it's going to take to get rid of Hardman and get back to a an interesting and enjoyable series. Fifteen minutes into episode 2 and I'm ready to turn off. Real life can be that unpleasant, don't want it on my television. watched it ok, keep him down to 10% and its still the best
  • eposide

no new episode but it still in last eposide was in aug

this bullshit.
  • Ups and Downs

I really like this show, but it does have good and bad episodes. Not at all enamored with Jessica, and the Mike-Rachel relationship doesn't feel real to me. They just didn't spend the time "falling" for each other that other shows invest. They just sort of ended up there.
  • Have you seen "Because I Said So"?

I literally watch this show just for Gabriel Macht. Amazing actor and incredibly beautiful.

Plus Donna... she's a good reason to watch too.
  • Love it! only 10 eps - and much of that mushy romance stuff? C'mon!!

Correction: It's only half-season. I really hate half-seasons. This season gets 8, but only because the end of the She's Mine episode was so fantastic!! Otherwise, this season was about 7-7.5 for us.

Entire family really enjoyed seasons 01 & 02 (rate those a 10!!!) Great entertainment. Love the nitty-gritty and down-and-dirty - when it's there. Wish they would concentrate more on legal battles, wit, drama, and fantastic dialogue - and less on the romance. If I want romance, plenty of other shows to watch. Nothing can wipe out a show's sex appeal faster than turning it into a mushy romance. Hope they'll get back to the meat and potatoes next season, because this one seemed like it was more about salad and lipstick. Well, except for that ooooone episode. Go Harvey! Loved it.
  • It used to be great - now it's the same ego's in the same emotional conflicts

I used to love this show. Now, three episodes in in the third season, I'm not so sure anymore. I'm getting really tired of the constant emotional stand offs between the main characters. The ego's who's always wounded by everything is getting tiresome, if you ask me. I wish the writers would come up with something more than the same stories with slight different angles. It's just not engaging to watch anymore. It was great in all of season 1 and half of season 2.
  • A prequel with the life of Harvey

A prequel with the life of Harvey & related prfessional with current issue at the same time could be possible for coming Suits seasons.does it sound familiar to your idea.

cheer up.
  • I guess the idea was to take a legal drama and put it into a fast lane: and as long as they keep it there I'll keep watching.

Some might resent the visual style that's so polished it shines: cool cars, attractive women, men looking ready to walk off the set onto a GQ photo-shot, lots of glass-covered skyscrapers and aerial shots of the city at night – but, I love it! I love the stylish cold colour palette: it's a perfect look for a summer show. I'll welcome ust/romantic moments, why not? We have some mighty fine looking people in the cast and I would like to see them holding a glass of Chteau Margaux under the candlelight and with the obligatory skyline in the background ;) As long as they don't make it soap opera-ish. Which brings me to writing. So far, I have no complaints. Let's hope the writers will keep Trevor's now ex-girlfriend out of Mike's life. I don't even remember her name, that's how little I care for that storyline. But, I do like the twists in court cases, the dialogues and the one-liners. Very entertaining!

Two of my favourites: Mike: I don't know how to file a patent.
    Harvey: Figure it out. M: Can't we do that after...
    H: No. Keep talking and I'll start billing you and my time runs a thousand dollars an hour.
    M: Isn't this our time, Mr. Hand?
    H: I stand corrected. Your Fast Times at Ridgemont High quote proves that you belong at the adult table.
    M: Hey! That's a great movie and it spoke to a generation! And:

Louis: You know that I pick a pony out of the herd every year, don't you?
    Mike: A pony?
    L: Oh, yeah. Someone who shows potential. Stamp my own little brand on 'em. M (clears his throat)
    L: Are you that pony, Mike?
  • "what do you need me to

I hear that line a lot. :P It's not to put it down but thinking maybe that should be the show's tagline. This show is fast paced, funny, slick and glossy. I really enjoy the show when it was recommended by a friend. It has great character building episodes. The lawyer talk is easy enough that anyone can understand without making one feel stupid. Perhaps the way the characters deliver the lawyer "speak" that makes it real yet one can relate. Flashback episodes are a good touch. Currently in middle of Season 3..... still need to find out what the "can opener" and "thumbtacks" are for. At first, thought it was something to do between a guy and a girl, but when Mike Ross was enlisted by Harvey.... it got creepy lol

Highly recommend for those who like lawyer shows with a bit of spice, shots of downtown Toronto (subbing for suits!
  • Absolutely amazing.

I watched all the seasons in a matter of weeks. It was entertaining throughout. Mostly every single character is loveable. Luis Litt is a legend! Gabriel Macht as Harvey is simply an outstanding character. Donna is super beautiful and just insanely funny. Cannot wait for the next season! Its gonna Litt up!!!ab
  • Suits me, it will Suit you.

Addictive, well written and great actors. Suits is USA at the top of their game.
  • Would love to recommend...

BUT with the frequent use of God's name in vain I can't! :-( I've come to grimace through it myself but as a pastor's wife I can't share my enthusiasm for the writing, acting, plots and twists with my many friends and family. I'm hopeful that next season they can drop that from their vocabulary. They're all playing intelligent people - there are wittier phrases to use that would show better verbal skills.
  • Language? Sure thing One Million Mom.

Excellent show, great chemistry between the main cast. This show is not going to redefine the genre but it's great fun and has some strong, relatable characters.

As for the review that bashes the show about "improper" language - this show is not obscene by ANY means. Calling for the show to change in order to reflect hilariously repressed and outdated values of a small minority is laughably immature. Sure, let's truncate the show's believability in order to cater to an extreme and non-lucrative special interest party (lawyers who are afraid to swear? HAHA).

Besides, there is plenty of drinking, drug use and fornication, as well as morally ambiguous legal action, yet you focus on the use of a single WORD. A word that was part of the English lexicon far longer than the Christian lexicon (yeah, but you guys OWN that, right?). If these are your values, by all means keep them well. This show is independent of you and your values and is directed at a far larger and less severe audience. Please ride off elsewhere on that high horse of yours; perhaps the teletubbies will run a courtroom special.
< 1 2 3 4