Suits

Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jun 23, 2011 In Season

AJMeredith

Suits Fan Reviews (149)

• Suits Sinks Below Bar

Suits is a great show with terrific characters and an excellent story to tell. However, the writers are destroying it by using the name of Jesus Christ in vain when anyone (any and all characters) is even moderately frustrated. This deplorable writing started to turn me away from the show last summer, but now I see it has gotten even worse and I will not be watching Suits. I am probably not the only Christian on this planet that feels as I do. This profanity is limiting the audience for no good reason and significantly lowering the otherwise high intelligence level of this show.
  • The premise of this show does not simply stretch the truth. It is impossible. IM-PO-SSI-BLE.

Just for one moment, could we all please address the 600 pound gorilla in the room? This entire show is based on an impossible premise. The premise I'm talking about is that Mike can practice law just by having passed by the bar exam, and that the only deceit is that he graduated from Harvard. DOH! To practice law you need to be admitted to the bar of the jurisdiction in which you intend to practice. In New York, as in every state, to be admitted to the bar, passing the bar exam is NOT ENOUGH. Among other things you need to show proof that you graduated from an accredited law school, and that proof must take the form of a final transcript showing that you graduated and showing three years' worth of grades. So, obviously, Mike is not and cannot be a member of the New York bar or the bar of any other state. As such the scams and deceits of the show's characters pale in comparison to the scam that the show's producers and writers are perpetrating on those gullible enough to tune in every week. And I should know - I'm a lawyer. And a member of the New York bar. And, for the record, a graduate of Harvard Law School. (Don't get me started about all the baloney about HLS that the show propagates ....)

• Clich, to say the least.

This show is so clich that it actually hurts. I know there are many out there who likes these "goodfeel" happy-ending stories, but I am certainly not among them. The show has some entertainment value while watching it, but when you reflect over what happened a bit after this I was left with one thought: "Wtf?" The story is not credible, and the awkward Mike Ross characters is one the least well characters I've probably ever seen. The dialog between him and the gorgeous Rachel is so fake that no breathing human being can give it credit. Not to mention how predictable it all is. For those who have seen the show "White collar" it's a lot of the same. Every time something goes wrong you can see the solution coming from miles away. The character Harvey Specter is a little bit more likable, but still doesn't impress me. Reminds me of Robert Dawney Jr. in Iron Man. This guy is too cool for himself, and I'm definitely not buying it. I sincerely recommend you find something else to watch. But maybe this is just me.
  • Suits - Ready for the Thrift Store

The new season of Suits has started with to lack luster bickering episodes that are a waste of TV users time. Hope the show corrects the downward spiral they are acting out in the show.
  • It ain't just the Baptist that're offended.

2.5
    I have decided to stop watching Suits. Last night was the last straw. No less than 3-5 G-Ds in less than 3-5 minutes. I stopped watching in the middle of the show, deleted the program, and deleted the series from my recording schedule. Never again.
  • Does anyone have a creative idea

2.5
    I feel like Suits is on a continuous loop. Why don't you focus on clients instead of just rehashing the same old stories with the partners? It is really getting old.
  • endless infighting - I cant watch it anymore

2.5
    This show started out after the first 2 seasons, deteriorated into endless infighting between Gabriel and the lady who is the Managing Partner. Its just hi-level name calling. I stopped watching or DVRing this show. The Law Firm they are in seems to have dissolved and been reconstituted 10 times already.
  • No Law Degree?!

2.5
    OK. I love the show but I'm so over the thing about people finding out that Mike didn't go to law school. I was hoping since Mike and Harvey are at different firms that this story line is in the past for good. But I guess not and may not watch the rest of this episode or any others because of it. Very childish. So is the jealousy with Rachel.
  • Do something different

I really have no idea why am I watching its the suits :))

WHAT IS GOING ON???.... it's a total absurd. And the managing Lady - what is her deal.. uuuu I'm here, everybody listen to me now.

Just take some plots from other shows.... just do something
  • Too mean and nasty

So tired of the infighting, backbiting, and betrayals. No integrity or redeeming value gained in watching this show.
  • Season 4- horrible scriptwriting this season, guys

I never usually write comments or reviews, but Suits used to be my 2nd favourite show. USED TO.

and now... apparently theyve employed bold and the beautiful scriptwriters to write season 4

so sad

and so disappointed. Characters who i used to love are now predictable, boring and 1 dimensional. How did luis turn into the constant loser all of a sudden? donna's not coming up with anything new or interesting.

ill watch the last 2 episodes just so i can say with 100% confidence that this show has turned shit. mike's too good for your stupid dramatic soap opera with no substance or wit.

• What's with the GD?

Why all the sudden are you spewing GD all over the place? My home is my safe haven from all that trash and I don't allow that in my house.

Good bye Suits .. keep your trash talk to yourself
  • When Did Suits Become an Estrogen Fest?

I use to like Suits. It was light with a fun premise that we all enjoy (see "Catch Me if You Can"). BUt, when did Suits abandon it's original "Buddy/imposter"premise for the Estrogen Fest? This is a different show. It use to be about 2 guys. Now its about 3 or 4 women a couple of minor characters (played by the original 2 guys). Also, when did it go from fun episodes that had all kinds of clients (and conclusions) to one story about one client (with some lame attempt at a weekly cliffhanger) for the entire season. It's a feakin' Soap Opera now. I love shows that I can watch with my wife. This use to be one of them. Now even she's rejecting it because it's not the same show. USA has a diverse viewership I'm sure, but this show has abandoned regular guys. Maybe USA just wants to get it syndicated on Bravo or OWN. And bringing on all that great talent just makes it worse because they are so underutilized. And giving Louis a pussy to fight for? OMG, did the film school dropout director just watch "The Departed?"
  • blindsided

I love the show but this epi sucked. Mikes holier than thou attitude went overboard to stupidity. And what kind of shitty weed were they smoking? No one got high?

I still love the show but please get it right.
  • HOW ABOUT SOME CLASS

3.5
    I find that good writers can make their points and compel an audience without profanity. I have enjoyed the storyline and characters, but the increasing amount of profanity has taken away from any pleasure in the program. I certainly hope the writers will aspire to better choices ,and find the purity in writing to reveal the characters without demeaning them and robbing them of class. Yes, I can and will choose about further watching of what was a great program.
  • lose the mean,bullying Litt

3.5
    Just watched the season Litt is like this the next will stop attitude did NOt allow me to enjoy this at
  • This show is bullshit

3.5
    Come on writers, find a new curse word. The next time I hear one of your bullshit characters says "bullshit"... Are there any good drama series left?
  • Scenario

Possible Scenario Season 6. Why did Gibbs take the plea without getting Harvey or Jessica? Maybe she also knew that the verdict was not guilty. Possible prosecutorial misconduct?
  • A stupid programe trying to be intellectualy clever but failing as the writers themselves aren't at that level.

My friend just put it on... I couldn't see it from where I was standing but on hearing some rock song playing while some opening bedroom action was about to happen, made me think, "contrived mindless lyrics over the top of some tired riff regurgitated trying to be hip". But the reality is that this program is dismissed by those occupying that rare level of intellect, who are socially ahead of the general rabble, aloof as required but still able to communicate with others if required.

The conceited attempt of all that this program tries to conjure up fails. Why? Because the writers cant create the correct ambiance, atmosphere,subtleties, nuances and everything else that goes into making the very very limited great shows there have been (like BB). Why can't the writers of Suit do this? Well it's because they are just like that unsophisticated rabble that rave about it.

Statistically if you want: Not the bottom 25% of the populace. It's the lower/middle/middle-upper group making up the bulk of mindless Suit lovers. Then after that there's the upper (where these stupid writers and creators think they inhabit). Because being at that level, they will never be enlightened there is another movement above that.

That is the top most 5% -that group I alluded to above. Yes I know what you the reader is thinking... what implausible rubbish. But you would. You resemble those who dismissed for 150 years of there being another very secret calculation to quantum probability that theory amplitudes well beyond the sub atomic level now bringing finality to life as it is now, exposing further origin revelations and later what will happen -all of a sudden. In all the billions of universes. All at the same time. Now, in the future and simultaneously in the PAST!
  • Mike's Change

4.5
    So with the summer finale and Mike leaving the firm and changing his life, will he now attempt to attend law school and get his degree on the up and up??????
  • Derivative Melodrama

Does every conversation need to be so intense and emotional over every problem? Does anyone else find there's way too much arguing, repetitive plot lines, and melodrama with nothing good ever happening, making it really draining to watch? Can't they move onto a story that doesn't involve endless infighting between Jessica, Harvey, Mike, Lewis, Donna, and Rachel? The structure goes something like this: Heated arguments in Harvey's office then Jessica's then Lewis' then the filing room, then arguments at Mike's house then Harvey's house, then Donna and Rachel console each other in the washroom, then walk n' talk arguments to and from the office, then a brief moment outside on the sidewalk, and a brief moment in court, then a catchy song, and then they roll the credits. They also argue quite loudly about confidential and private information where they confess to serious crimes that can be heard from a long distance. Why haven't they been caught by someone yet? Why has production settled to shoot this show in 5 basic sets and never on location? Is there no other story than someone trying to continuously divide and conquer the law practice of Pearson Spector Litt, season after season? Does every problem need to be handled by leveraging someone and character assassination? Where's the show about the practice of corporate law? Do you remember when this show was fun and playful and shot on location without excessive infighting and the ratings were 4.5? Remember when it wasn't a melodrama and the ratings weren't 1.71 like the season 5 finale?

I ask these same questions over and over again at every episode, and I only vent my frustration because the ratings are so low and Suits could be a contender for best drama if they listened to my advice and reverted back to the things of season one that worked, as in, dial down the emotional outbursts over nothing, stop the soap opera infighting, move the camera back and film more coverage on location to improve the look and quality of production, reduce the number of episodes to force the writers to fight for the most important ideas which should increase the number of events per minute, spend more time building cases and practicing corporate law, and flesh out an original story that isn't based on someone bringing down the firm because that's been done to death!

In season 6 I'd fast forward several years, and kill off Rachel as nobody cares about that relationship anyway and turn Mike into an alcoholic law professor who's trying to solve the case of her murder and in the meantime takes cases on the side with Harvey's small law firm, while training young students on how to excel in a world of suits. The show was good when it was about young lawyers overcoming Lewis. It would also be filled with trial law cases (as they're more interesting than the boring strategic maneuvering involved in corporate law cases) and they'd be current and unique, and they'd take time to establish and develop, all the while revealing more and more information about what happened in the missing years through backstory. I'd even put Mike back in his old apartment in Brooklyn! I guarantee that's a far more interesting idea, than whatever melodrama they're about to do in season 6.

Suits should look to Better Call Saul for inspiration, as that's how a law show should be done.
  • Music as the cheapest way to enhance the viewer's senses

Great TVshow. But starting with the end of 4th season it's impossible to watch it! Love it... if I'm watching without Sound. Before there were beautiful songs at a RIGHT moment, now there are just playing stupid music every min of the show. And it is not just my opinion, my friends stopped watching it for the same reason. The rate from 10 to 5, too sad.
  • Enough with the bad language!!

I've watched Suits from the first episode. With every series they ramped up the language. They started using s**t every other word, then it was goddam as well, now this series they have gone too far - using the name of Jesus Christ in an unnecessary and really offensive way. the script used to be about lawyers winning cases, now it's a soap opera about relationships, and not a moment's peace from all the bickering, back-stabbing and hatred. What will happen next? When will the F word start appearing, or how can we be sure the characters won't start calling eachother C***? Because anything is possible now the floodgates have opened. Not sure I will watch this any more.
  • Curse it

I like Suits, but I really, really wish they would stop taking the Lord's name in vain. Just please stop.
  • Befriend me

I have to admit at first that I thought the show was good. However, I started to notice that the actor playing the character

Harvey has too much say as to who is to guest on the show. Like for example, the woman who plays the role of Donna on show.

He knows her personally and therefore her role has expanded. Furthermore, his real life wife was even a guest on the show.

Usually I would not complain but, after this past summer when so many people complained about Will Smith helping his

son further his career. And yet no one is saying anything when the actor playing Harvey has people he knows personally

on the show all of the time. So, I have decided to stop watching the show until the writers start giving the other actors

on the show more air time and more say as to the direction of the show. Because, as it is now the actor playing Harvey has

too much say and it gives off the vibe that it is a one man show.

Additionally, the only character that has not had much developed storyline is Jessica. I would have liked to have seen more

of her personal life since the show has no problem showing everyone else's personal life. She needs to have a healthy personal

relationship outside of work. More, as her character is now it seems like in order to be successful a woman has to be single and

put her job before her personal life. (Also, I am aware of the fact that her character is divorced. However, that does not excuse the

fact that her character does not have a personal life outside of work).

Finally, it would be nice to see more minorities on the show and not just as clients either.

As an example, I am talking about Asian, Black and Indian. (Please do not hate, respect my opinion as I would respect yours.

Because, negative responses will be ignored).
  • It's a fancy, polished, glossy new show, but it lacks originality, chemistry and credibility legal theme based shows require to survive.

I must admit watching the whole 70 minutes was an ordeal. Perhaps I'm being prejudiced, but there's a limit to how far you can test the viewer's patience with clichees.

Harvey Specter - sure the whole "I'm a handsome, charming, well dressed lawyer with an overinflated ego and care for no one besides myself" fits him like a glove, but I feel as if he just takes it too far.

Mike Ross - college dropout, part time drug dealer/user, oh but let's not forget his photographic memory (an angle that's being so overused in way too many shows), and his relationship to the sick grandmother that brought him up, and, in what looked like a death-bed promise, made him open his eyes to reality and swear to turn his life around and fulfil his true potential. - also, the manner in which he obtained the job at the law firm was just too much junk for me to swallow whole.

Rachel Zane - the firm's best paralegal. Ravishing looks, a sharp mind accompanied by a sharp tongue, should have been a lawyer but *ahem* 'does not test well'. Please ..I only see 'office bimbo' tattooed on her forhead.

Jessica Pearson - she has no credibility as a boss as far as I'm concerned. She gives in to Harvey's requests way to easily and does not sell on the iron fist a chief has to have in order to keep renegades like Harvey and Mike in line.

Louis Litt - I'm actually curious enough to watch the next episodes just to see how they plan on including Louis in the mix, because the only vibe I got from him was that of the office muscle, that only shows his face when someone needs a good bashing or intimidation.

To conclude, this show looks to me like a very expensive hooker with very expensive implants, which will surely enough end up burning, like many of its predecessors, most of which were oh so much more fascinating.
  • I'M IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW BUT.

i started watching suits just 2 weeks back and I'm already done with watching every single episode up till the latest season 4 episode. i loved suits because in the future i wanted to become a lawyer and i loved the confusing relationship with mike and harvey. honestly I don't like it so much that mike had to leave and joint some crappy investment banking firm. i liked it when he was doing law and when he was doing it with harvey. the prime reason why i found this website is because i wanted to voice this out. so i really really need to know. DOES MIKE GO BACK TO WORK FOR PEARSON SPECTER. the basis of this show is harvey and mike together solving cases brilliantly as a team and i really want to see somehow someway that mike goes back to work for pearson specter in the near future. pleeeeaaaaaasssseeee i really hope it does happen. thats the only thing that motivating me to continue watching it.
  • Hardman again?!? And let's be honest: It's a chick-flick now.

Currently:

Ugh. I think we're done.

Absolutely LOVE the characters, but the story line has dropped dead. I think estrogen is running amok and in abundance at the writers' round table, or they all have a block and can't get out of the rut they are in. If you read the summary for the last episode, you'd think it's a rerun.

This started out as a fantastic series, but this past season left us not really caring about what happens next. Sad thing is, we're really not that picky! Maybe it's the on and off again running of the episodes, I don't know, but we're not anticipating future episodes. It's too bad. The first 2 seasons were great.

Previously: Correction: It's only half-season. I really hate half-seasons. This season gets 8, but only because the end of the She's Mine episode was so fantastic!! Otherwise, this season was about 7-7.5 for us.

Entire family really enjoyed seasons 01 & 02 (rate those a 10!!!) Great entertainment. Love the nitty-gritty and down-and-dirty - when it's there. Wish they would concentrate more on legal battles, wit, drama, and fantastic dialogue - and less on the romance. If I want romance, plenty of other shows to watch. Nothing can wipe out a show's sex appeal faster than turning it into a mushy romance. Hope they'll get back to the meat and potatoes next season, because this one seemed like it was more about salad and lipstick. Well, except for that ooooone episode. Go Harvey! Loved it.
  • Make it more interesting

Get back season 1 personal matters like Mike Rose and his best friend/girl friend or Harvey Specter and his personal issues! Season 2 is being so professional oriented. What made season 1 amazing is the mixture of both personal and professional matters with an amazing twist!
  • Same over & over again

I really do enjoy Suits, perhaps i should have said "did", why oh why are the writers on a loop of everyone trying to get Harvey removed from the firm, every time he manages to fight them off it lasts a couple of weeks & then someone else tries it. Why has no-one suggested that Mike actually trains legally to be a lawyer, more & more people are finding out the secret & yet no-one has blabbed? ridiculous, & bringing Daniel Hardman back again is just a boring groan, i think they need to add a few more lawyers in to the filming so they can broaden the story lines, all that seems to happen is that they jump from firm to firm to beg them not to leave them & take their business else where, please writers, get off the merry-go-round ts getting to repetitive & at times boring x freshen it up with new ideas for these fabulous characters
< 1 2 3 4 5