Suits

Wednesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jun 23, 2011 In Season

AJMeredith

Suits Fan Reviews (164)

• Enough with the bad language!!

I've watched Suits from the first episode. With every series they ramped up the language. They started using s**t every other word, then it was goddam as well, now this series they have gone too far - using the name of Jesus Christ in an unnecessary and really offensive way. the script used to be about lawyers winning cases, now it's a soap opera about relationships, and not a moment's peace from all the bickering, back-stabbing and hatred. What will happen next? When will the F word start appearing, or how can we be sure the characters won't start calling eachother C***? Because anything is possible now the floodgates have opened. Not sure I will watch this any more.
  • A Great Fit

Wonderful characters with great dynamics, snappily written, the 40~ minutes really does fly by. This really is one of my top 3 shows at the moment, it is far too easy to watch, and that's the sign of a quality show. Fifty two episodes a year please.
  • suits is pure genius

love, love, love... the show.
  • Suits is one of the all time best shows on TV!!!

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • perfect rhythm

From the first episode the show has a certain flow to it which captivates the audience. The dialogue between the 2 mains Harvey and Mike consists of banter in a way that still fits in with the atmosphere of the show. The actors do a wonderful job playing off each other, making it even more enjoyable to watch....not to mention the leads are both gorgeous. Despite the attractive cast a show would be nothing without great writing, and suits definitely provides. Each episode is up to par with the last, and its only going uphill from here. Suits is unlike most law shows, it looks at the law in a different perspective that any other show thus far has shown.
  • Goodbye suits!!

4.5
    I used to love Suits... Now it's just a bunch of foreshadowing and lame punchlines. There's no real interest in the characters anymore.. We used to watch so we could see how witty Mike would be in his very interesting maneuvers in his legal cases. Same reoccurring storyline that keeps going on forever. The fake lawyer still being a lawyer in jail.. It's almost as if there are new writers for the show because it's super corny. Anyway TaTa..... Suits.
  • What's with all the profanity in the script???

This writing is the worst of any TV show on the air. In the latest episode I counted 67 incidents of profanity in the dialogue. Such lazy writing! You have RUINED this show. Every scene is an argument. BORING.
  • RACHEL'S FILE ROOM ROMP - 2.21.13

I thought Donna was hot, but Rachel's file room romp with Mike last night has to be one of the hottest TV sex scenes this year. That was really pushing the censor envelope. Now we have to give Donna her due, and get HER in file room with Harvey.
  • More episodes, please!

Love this show! :D
  • Surprises

Every episode surprises me how well the script has been done. Excellent show.
  • Same over & over again

I really do enjoy Suits, perhaps i should have said "did", why oh why are the writers on a loop of everyone trying to get Harvey removed from the firm, every time he manages to fight them off it lasts a couple of weeks & then someone else tries it. Why has no-one suggested that Mike actually trains legally to be a lawyer, more & more people are finding out the secret & yet no-one has blabbed? ridiculous, & bringing Daniel Hardman back again is just a boring groan, i think they need to add a few more lawyers in to the filming so they can broaden the story lines, all that seems to happen is that they jump from firm to firm to beg them not to leave them & take their business else where, please writers, get off the merry-go-round ts getting to repetitive & at times boring x freshen it up with new ideas for these fabulous characters
  • Plummeting

Writing has gotten lazier and lazier as phrases such as "shit the bed" have become the norm on this used-to-be-great show. So disappointing to have the plot completely played out and now it's boiled down to predictable and silly foreshadowing and how many swear words can we squeeze in this week. Time for the actors to move on and put Suits to bed.
  • Derivative Melodrama

Does every conversation need to be so intense and emotional over every problem? Does anyone else find there's way too much arguing, repetitive plot lines, and melodrama with nothing good ever happening, making it really draining to watch? Can't they move onto a story that doesn't involve endless infighting between Jessica, Harvey, Mike, Lewis, Donna, and Rachel? The structure goes something like this: Heated arguments in Harvey's office then Jessica's then Lewis' then the filing room, then arguments at Mike's house then Harvey's house, then Donna and Rachel console each other in the washroom, then walk n' talk arguments to and from the office, then a brief moment outside on the sidewalk, and a brief moment in court, then a catchy song, and then they roll the credits. They also argue quite loudly about confidential and private information where they confess to serious crimes that can be heard from a long distance. Why haven't they been caught by someone yet? Why has production settled to shoot this show in 5 basic sets and never on location? Is there no other story than someone trying to continuously divide and conquer the law practice of Pearson Spector Litt, season after season? Does every problem need to be handled by leveraging someone and character assassination? Where's the show about the practice of corporate law? Do you remember when this show was fun and playful and shot on location without excessive infighting and the ratings were 4.5? Remember when it wasn't a melodrama and the ratings weren't 1.71 like the season 5 finale?

I ask these same questions over and over again at every episode, and I only vent my frustration because the ratings are so low and Suits could be a contender for best drama if they listened to my advice and reverted back to the things of season one that worked, as in, dial down the emotional outbursts over nothing, stop the soap opera infighting, move the camera back and film more coverage on location to improve the look and quality of production, reduce the number of episodes to force the writers to fight for the most important ideas which should increase the number of events per minute, spend more time building cases and practicing corporate law, and flesh out an original story that isn't based on someone bringing down the firm because that's been done to death!

In season 6 I'd fast forward several years, and kill off Rachel as nobody cares about that relationship anyway and turn Mike into an alcoholic law professor who's trying to solve the case of her murder and in the meantime takes cases on the side with Harvey's small law firm, while training young students on how to excel in a world of suits. The show was good when it was about young lawyers overcoming Lewis. It would also be filled with trial law cases (as they're more interesting than the boring strategic maneuvering involved in corporate law cases) and they'd be current and unique, and they'd take time to establish and develop, all the while revealing more and more information about what happened in the missing years through backstory. I'd even put Mike back in his old apartment in Brooklyn! I guarantee that's a far more interesting idea, than whatever melodrama they're about to do in season 6.

Suits should look to Better Call Saul for inspiration, as that's how a law show should be done.
  • Must be new writers this season

The previous seasons were interesting and well written.

This season, it has turned into a soap opera. Boring as hell with lots of screaming and over acting.

I have removed it from my watch list.
  • Suits Sinks Below Bar

Suits is a great show with terrific characters and an excellent story to tell. However, the writers are destroying it by using the name of Jesus Christ in vain when anyone (any and all characters) is even moderately frustrated. This deplorable writing started to turn me away from the show last summer, but now I see it has gotten even worse and I will not be watching Suits. I am probably not the only Christian on this planet that feels as I do. This profanity is limiting the audience for no good reason and significantly lowering the otherwise high intelligence level of this show.
  • About Season 01

Great show, easily watchable. Gabriel Macht is the most appropriate for this role. All roles are selected carefully and it's a plus for this show.
  • worth watching !!! just awesome !!

I wish to see more episodes, not just 16. I mean why they make 16 or 12 episodes per season. This show is far better than their other new shows and i feel they should make more episodes of it. Those who haven't seen this...then just what to say.....go watch it !!! Its great !!! especially Donna !!!
  • It's about time

Amazing show. Great writing! It's refreshing to watch this show, every minute is exciting - It's about time. Thank you!

• awesome show but...

Please bring DONNA BACK!!!
  • Freakin Awesome

LOOOVE the show.... Ima big fan
  • rating

my rating-->
  • Incredible story line. You know how most crime shows stay alive by playing out the same hand in different patterns over again, this shows that you can keep moving forward in a tv story without the need to exchange b-list characters every episode:)

How do you decide whether your millions of rights can correct one serious wrong? Mike has to decide every day, which makes this series so addictive. You want him to just cover his butt and put his best foot forward but the conflicting nice guy side to him makes his character that much appealing to critics. A++

• Mind blown!

Last nights season finale blew my mind. *SPOLIER* When Mike told Rachel I nearly exploded. I've been waiting for this since the end of last season. It's kind of sad that Mike and Harvey are angry at each other though. Them being on the opposite side seems wrong. A great show.
  • Can't Get Enough!

Just can't stop watching the series!
  • Language? Sure thing One Million Mom.

Excellent show, great chemistry between the main cast. This show is not going to redefine the genre but it's great fun and has some strong, relatable characters.

As for the review that bashes the show about "improper" language - this show is not obscene by ANY means. Calling for the show to change in order to reflect hilariously repressed and outdated values of a small minority is laughably immature. Sure, let's truncate the show's believability in order to cater to an extreme and non-lucrative special interest party (lawyers who are afraid to swear? HAHA).

Besides, there is plenty of drinking, drug use and fornication, as well as morally ambiguous legal action, yet you focus on the use of a single WORD. A word that was part of the English lexicon far longer than the Christian lexicon (yeah, but you guys OWN that, right?). If these are your values, by all means keep them well. This show is independent of you and your values and is directed at a far larger and less severe audience. Please ride off elsewhere on that high horse of yours; perhaps the teletubbies will run a courtroom special.
  • Just my opinion

First, let me say that I really enjoy watching Suits. I think this season has had a little too much emphasis on the same negative aspects within the partners and not as much energy devoted to the cases and of Harvey and Mike working together, although I have enjoyed seeing another layer in Louis and in Donna. I may be the only one, but I have noticed in the last few episodes, just how often the writers have the actors take the Lord's name in vain, and while normal cursing and threats don't offend me at all, this does very much. Does this have to be an ongoing occurrence? Am I the only person that this bothers? It just seems so unnecessary to me, but this is just my opinion. Thank you.
  • Hardman again?!? And let's be honest: It's a chick-flick now.

Currently:

Ugh. I think we're done.

Absolutely LOVE the characters, but the story line has dropped dead. I think estrogen is running amok and in abundance at the writers' round table, or they all have a block and can't get out of the rut they are in. If you read the summary for the last episode, you'd think it's a rerun.

This started out as a fantastic series, but this past season left us not really caring about what happens next. Sad thing is, we're really not that picky! Maybe it's the on and off again running of the episodes, I don't know, but we're not anticipating future episodes. It's too bad. The first 2 seasons were great.

Previously: Correction: It's only half-season. I really hate half-seasons. This season gets 8, but only because the end of the She's Mine episode was so fantastic!! Otherwise, this season was about 7-7.5 for us.

Entire family really enjoyed seasons 01 & 02 (rate those a 10!!!) Great entertainment. Love the nitty-gritty and down-and-dirty - when it's there. Wish they would concentrate more on legal battles, wit, drama, and fantastic dialogue - and less on the romance. If I want romance, plenty of other shows to watch. Nothing can wipe out a show's sex appeal faster than turning it into a mushy romance. Hope they'll get back to the meat and potatoes next season, because this one seemed like it was more about salad and lipstick. Well, except for that ooooone episode. Go Harvey! Loved it.
  • Make it more interesting

Get back season 1 personal matters like Mike Rose and his best friend/girl friend or Harvey Specter and his personal issues! Season 2 is being so professional oriented. What made season 1 amazing is the mixture of both personal and professional matters with an amazing twist!
  • Too mean and nasty

So tired of the infighting, backbiting, and betrayals. No integrity or redeeming value gained in watching this show.
  • Awesome^2

An amazing serial. Just cant understand why there has been a break in Season 2. Apart from the two main characters, I think Rachel and Donna play a very important role. Donna contributes to the humor and Rachel is one character which adds to the suspence and continuity of the serial as to what would happen in the next episode........between her and Mike.

I hope the serial continues and does not end like "the firm".
< 1 2 3 4 5 6