Suits

War

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 21, 2013 on USA

• Excellent Outside-the Box Finale! (except for the stock room sex)

I'm an old timer, so to me "LA LAW" set the bar for Law Firm venues. The only shows that have been successful in this area have been show that break convention.

Law & Order, The Practice, and Boston Legal did that in their own ways (respectively). This is the first time that I have seen a Big Apple based Corporate Law Firm has been portrayed, and I don't think I could relate to the show if they did not take care to introduce personality types that I am not used to.

Jessica is clearly old enough to be dealing with feminist challenges that will affect how she deals with any man in Corporate power circles, including here right hand man. How many high profile Corporate Law firms are run by women, much less women of color? Her paranoia and vicious defensive mechanisms make sense. Besides, we don't know what Harvey's entire history is with her, so leave some room for the writers to write.

The same could be said about every character in the ensemble. If they were predictable after only two seasons the show would be a disaster. Admittedly, the gratuitous stockroom sex scene should have been cut in favor of a simple "I Love You" from the boy wonder.

"See the money wanna stay

For your meal

Get another piece of pie

For your wife

Everybody wanna know

How it feel

Everybody wanna see

What it's like"

-Greenback Boogie by Ima Robot, Track 1, B-side, Another Man's Treasure (2010)