Summerland

The WB (ended 2005)

Summerland Fan Reviews (203)

• IS there ANYWAY POSSIBLE TO GET THIS SHOW BACK!!???

I lovee this Show it was amazing ! PLEASE PLEASE Bring it back!!!!PLEASE!!!!
  • i'm loving it

Hi! I'm really a fan of this serie but i'm portuguese and i'm watching in English, however i can't find subtitles even in english starting in the episode 6 of season1, so it's more difficult for me to understand without at least see it written in english. Can you please send me the subtitles in english? Or if you have the videos with subtitles included? Thanks to all :)
  • Great show... It should come back!

Summerland was a great show that followed a wonderful storyline about 3 kids who lose their parents in a tragic accident and must pick up and move to California to stay with their aunt and her 3 roomates. The premiere of this show, the first 2 episodes, does a good job at showing the different ways many kids react to the lose of a loved one. Bradin tries to compensate by accepting his new surroundings and began to find a place to fit in. Then there was Nikki who was mean and chose to act out and be somewhat of a biatch. Then Derrick was in denial, somewhat, knowing his parents were dead but acted as if he could be in heaven with them. I feel however that the kids got over the death of their parents rather quickly. They did however touch upon the subject every so often and showed that each of the kids were still rather upset. The characters eached developed differently, but the show ended to soon and with its finale, not much was tied up and closure really wasnt given. Good show though, and I think it should be brought back.
  • I

ya this was the best show ever and i wish they could at least have let it stay on long enough so that we can know what happens it kind of leaves you it would be cool if they could try to bring it back and have it be how they are now
  • This is a great show that was shortly lived and deserves more episodes.

Summerland was a show that I did not watch on the WB but yet on the N when it aired on the N. When I watched it I knew that it was a great show and I knew I had to watch all of the other episodes and that is what I did. The show deals with three kids who are forced to move in with their Aunt in California after there parents die. The show is really good and I reccomend it to someone who has not already seen the show. It is a must watch for you.. .
  • pretty good.

When you first tune into this show for the first time it's amazing bu after five episodes, you start to realize why it didn't last long. Summerland is a really good show that teenagers like myself enjoy but, sometimes you just have to walk away from it for a while. It gets kind of corny and overrated, and you can tell they are trying too hard to get people to like it. Is it likable? Of course, I watch it when it's on but sometimes, it seems like it lasts forever and it's never gonna go off. I like this show, I really do. but, it wasn't worth keeping on air.
  • Love it!!!

Summerland is about 3 kids Bradin, Nikki, and Derrik Westerly go to live with their Aunt Ava in California after their parents die in Kansas. Ava Gregory lives with her 3 adult friends Susannah Rexford, Jay Robertson, and Johnny Durant. Ava and Susannah design fashions, Jay runs a surf shop, and Johnny works at a realty office. Things get complicated for the adults as none of them were ready to become parents or take care of children. The series is about the problems that the new family faces and how they get past them. The show is great and I highly recommend you watch it.
    Good show. Watch it

~Haylee
  • Love it!

Summerland is about how 3 kids, Bradin, Nikki, and Derrik, go to live with their Aunt Ava in California after their parents die. Ava lives with her 3 adult friends, Susannah, Jay, and Johnny. Things get complicated with the kids, trying to adjust to their new life. Things get complicated for the adults, as none of them were ready to become parents or take care of children. Ava and Susannah design fashions, Jay runs a surf shop, and Johnny works at a realty office. The series is basically about the problems that the new family faces, and how they get past them. This show is great, although it has adult content and language.
  • Bradin Nikki &Derrek Westerly lose their parents in a tragic accident. Their lives drastically change when they leave their hometown of Kansas and move to California with their Aunt Ava. Their lives take drastic changes & is an experience of a lifetime.

This show, Summerland, is probably the best show i have watched in a long time. I never thought to watch it when it actually aired, but i watched it for the first time recently, and already was addicted after the first episode. To think that this show only aired a little over a year is beyond me. This show allows kids of all ages relate since the kids are different ages in their life. Nikki is my age, and i really see things on a different view now. Im not the smartest person, but i have learned how to solve problems of my own by watching the characters face them. I cannot believe how short this program lasted. Two nights ago there was a martathon of at least ten shows and i watched every one of them! It has such a great lesson to it about how to deal with things, love, and every other topic teenagers would want to watch. This show needs another try. I have told all my friends about it and i know if it gets another shot it will definately have a better future. Last year i never even heard of it, but this show has to go on. PLEASEEEEE think this through, it would make so many people happy & i would be so excited of course. SUMMERLAND IS LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
  • Summerland review.

Airs Next: WB at Monday 9:00 PM (60 min.) Status: Ended Premiered: June 1, 2004 Last Aired: July 18, 2005 Show Category: Drama More Photos Ava (Lori Loughlin, Full House) was exactly where she wanted to be in life. In her thirties, with a close-knit circle of friends, a great house in a beautiful California beach town and a growing career as a fashion designer, the last thing on her mind was settling down and starting a family. That all changed the day Ava's sister and brother-in-law were killed in an accident, leaving Ava to raise their three children. Until the accident, the biggest challenge in Ava's life was her career and the decision to quit her glamorous job at a large design house to start her own boutique designer label. Ava was comfortable with her role as the cool aunt who would occasionally drop in on her niece and nephews at their isolated Kansas farm or invite them to visit her in California, where they were dazzled by her exciting life. Despite the tragedy they've endured and the sudden transition from rural Kansas to the beaches of Southern California, the kids are doing pretty well. Sixteen-year-old Bradin (Jesse McCartney, All My Children) has his own adolescent angst to deal with, but he does his best to help his younger siblings. Twelve-year-old Nikki (Kay Panabaker, The Brothers Garcia, Phil Of The Future) has always adored her aunt but sometimes resents Ava's attempts to fill her late sister's shoes. Eight-year-old Derrick (Nick Benson, the upcoming feature film National Treasure) has enough on his hands just trying to understand the big issues of life, death and family. It's a sense of family that Ava is determined to provide for her sister's children. Since college, Ava's main support system has been her three devoted friends – Johnny, Jay and Susanna. Now her friends are ready and willing to reach out and become the ultimate surrogate family, and Ava is about to discover that it really does take a village (or in this case, a hip beach community) to raise a child. Johnny (Shawn Christian, As the World Turns, "Shopgirl") is Ava's former boyfriend and they have remained very close. He's an ambitious real estate wheeler-dealer who has the nagging feeling he hasn't yet found his true purpose in life. At the moment, however, he's content to be there for Ava and her instant family, acting as the father figure the kids desperately need. A completely different kind of male role model, Ava's friend Jay (Ryan Kwanten, Home and Away) is an Australian surfer with an undeniable Peter Pan syndrome. Jay owns the local surf shop, but he's no businessman. In fact, he's only looking for one thing in life – the perfect wave. Ava knows that Jay is still a kid at heart, and she asks for his help with Bradin, who instantly identifies with Jay's cheerfully laid-back philosophy of life. Jay also introduces Bradin to a stunning young surfing instructor named Erica (newcomer Taylor Cole). In Bradin's eyes, Erica embodies all that is beautiful and desirable about California. Ava's best girlfriend, Susanna (Merrin Dungey, Alias) is also her partner in the new business venture. Susanna handles the business decisions, while Ava is the creative force. They've learned to rely on one another and trust each other completely. Susanna is the person Ava always turns to when she needs advice. Although Susanna has no more experience with children than Ava, she never questions her friend's decision to give the kids a real home. When it comes to parenting decisions, Susann's level-headed objectiveness is the perfect balance for Ava's more emotional viewpoint. Ava may have started down a new path in life, but she won't be traveling alone. Relying on the diverse personalities and viewpoints of her devoted friends, Ava can face the day-to-day tasks of parenting knowing that she and her friends have the collective strength and skill to raise these kids right. As they spend their first summer together, Ava will struggle to balance the needs of her new family with the demands of a career that was once the entire focus of her life. Eventually, she will come to understand that the family she thought she didn't need is the one thing she was meant to have in her life. Summerland is a great drama movie.
  • Good Show

I think its a really good show. Its full of drama, romance, and its occasionally funny. I think it should of lasted a little longer though. At least another a season. This show is about three kids, Bradin, Nikki and Derrick, whos parents die in an accident. So they move from Kansas to live with their aunt Ava and her friends in California. I would say Ava and Bradin are my favorite characters and Nikki is my least favortie character. Cameron is a cool character too even though he isnt shown that much. I recommend watching it if you are into these kind of shows.
  • I love this show.

I was always a fan of Kay Panabaker, Zac Efron, Jesse McCartney, Lori (from full house), and some of the guest stars on this show. I love the romance bewteen cameron and kay (can't think of her character name). I didn't want the show to end. It was so good and if they didn't change when the show came on, who knows we could be watching it right now. Zac and Kay have been the busier then the rest of the people on the show. Zac is getting way more notice and every thinks he's hot, which he is and loves him and blah, blah, blah.
  • good show.

I only recently started watching this show, but from what I've seen I like this show. Summerland has a great cast. From the beginning I recognized Jesse McCartney, Kay Panabaker, Lori Laughlin, Zac Efron, and Sara Paxton! The shows plot (three children lose their parents in a terrible sudden accident and instead of being left with the obvious choice of a caregiver, they are left with the fun aunt) is almost an exact replica of "Raising Helan." BUT I think the cast is really what makes this series any different. My advice: give this show a chance. You just might find that you like it. Or you may just fall in love with Jesse McCartney! :)
  • A great show that sadly got cut short.

THis show was only on for two seasons but I loved it. i started watching right when it came on but because it was in the summer I was too busy to tune in. Now I've seen like all the reruns on the N. I love it and always have. It has great actors and complicated and interesting storylines that keep you hooked. You can really connect with the characters, and you can feel for them. THis show was just the right amount of drama and will always be a favorite even though it was on for a short time, I will always remember it.
  • i like this show

holy crap im in love with this show it is so amazin i wait all day long just for it to come on. bradin is so hott and when he kisses ericka i get chiils it is amazing. i think that jonny and ava definately are meant for each other and i lvoe the episodes with sara there so funny shes crazy. by the end of the show i have cried either cuzz im so happy or becuz im sad. and when the show ends up with bradin being sad ohh stayy away i love this show well bradin[jesse maccartneyy] wow gosh dang bradin is sooooooooooo hott
  • A wonderful show, sadly ended at 26 episodes...

This is a great show. It's a family show, yet kind of a teen drama aswell. What you see in this series is family issues, to teen relationship prolems, to a school electona. Each episode is a step in the right direction to fix those problems. It's clearly entertaining, and you'll want to watch more each and everytime. Lots of fans from this show watched it because of Jesse McCartney playing Bradin. For those newly Zac Efron fans will be shocked to him play a serious role as Cameron. This show is one of it's kind but it died early, only reaching 26 episodes. It will be missed, but not forgotten. Also, if your a huge fan of this show, The-N shows it from 1 a.m - 4 a.m this summer. May you rest in peace, Summerland.
  • One of the best shows ever... Loved everybody in the show:) Ava and Johnny 4ever:)

Summerland is one of the best shows ever! I was sooo mad when they ended it.. But I'm glad Ava and Johnny finally got together and told each other about their feelings:) But what the hell's up with Derrick?! Braidin did the right thing and he don't care!! ? And what did really happen with Nicki and Cameron? And what about Jay and Isabel? Did they decide to keep the baby?? I didn't really understand thet part... Anyway, I loved both the seasons, and I wish they didn't have to end it... And the soundtracks from the show was awsome! I miss Summerland...
  • Summerland is about a family of 3 kids whose parents die in a crash. All 3 of them are sent to California to live with their aunt, Ava Gregory. She is on and off again with a guy named Johnny. She has him and 2 other friends of hers staying in a house.

This show ROCKS! I love Jesse McCartney! He's so hot! Anyway, this show is really good. I love Kay Panabaker. And when they brought Zac Efron on... really best show ever! It just totally reminds me of life. Everybody has their problems and good things too. I watch this every summer but i really do think it should come back with some new episodes. I think people would definitely watch it. Or if the cast doesn't want to come back, could WB at least make some DVDs of the series? I would really truely buy it! I spent last summer trying to record them on tapes. I want DVDs so they don't get ruined as easy. The tapes are already hard to watch. Talk about some MAJOR bad tracking. and guess what?! i missed a couple so they're completely out of order!
  • best ever

It was the first full episode i saw, I recorded it. The first time isaw it I cried. The second time i saw it(a minute after)I couldnt stop crieing it was such a tearjerker. It was such a good episode. I will watch it every night everyone were such good actors. I was curious as to wether those were real tears though. I loved it so much!
  • its time is up

I enjoyed this show, i thought a lot of its aspects were great. However, i feel like this show was pretty bland, it was so usual and expected.It simply was another soap/drama series on television. Its time was up, and frankly, I'm grad its gone. It was enjoyable at the time, though its not the kind of show you tend to want to watch again after its done, nor is it something you're likely to remember in a while.It was a 'fine' show. More California, just when we though there was enough. Nevertheless the love expressed between the characters is mutual and we can all say this is a very 'family' sort of series.
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW! IT IS THE BEST EVER!

Summerland needs to be put back on, but it needs a new season. I think Bradin and Erica should go out and something should happen with them. I think it would be interesting if she had a baby or something, but like i said this show is AWESOME and it just needs to be put back on cus, now i have nothing i like to watch and i know that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. I dont like how all the reruns are on the HD channels or on The-N cus they are on like channel 108 and 770 so if you just have cable you cant get it you need a digital cable box. So they should put it back on like the WB or something.
  • Man I really love this show. Its one of those shows that you will always remember for the rest of your life. It even changes your life - in a good way too. Its been 2 year since it got cancelled and im still thinking about it and watching re-runs.

In a word..Amazing! I cannot get over this show. I only wish that they had made more episodes. I find it hard to get over it that there is no more Summerland.
    I relate a lot of things in life now to characters and lessons from the show, I think they were all really influential in life. Summerland is such a good show, one that is not to be missed. The actors are all fantastic and are very convincing at playing their characters.
  • Summerland is a great show. Some think it is very similar to full house, but if you watch the show, even one episode, you can see it is similar, and yet totallly different with the writing and characters.

Summerland is a show about a very close family. Ava Gregory rushes to the rescue of her niece and nephews after a terrible accident, when her sister and brother-in-law are in a car crash and both die. Each character is different and the drama makes the entire episode seem as real life. In a very early episode, the niece, Nikki, didn't like the idea of moving in with her aunt ava at all. She walked around mad all the time, didn't want to do anything, and wasn't trying hard to continue her life without her parents. Bradin also has a difficult time with life without his parents. Then soon after, ava and her 3 friends including johnny, can find a way to help all 3 Westerly kids live with her and continue their life- while Ava and Susannah try to run a fashion designer business and still find time to be good "parnets" to all 3 and help them whenever they need it.
  • I love this show!!

This was one of the best shows last summer. I used to watch it all the freakin time. i was clearly obsessed! The actors work great together. They have so much chemistry. The words just flow off of one another. The stoylines were awesome! It was sad at times. Other times it made me laugh so hard.
    All of the actors on summerland were gorgeous! i'm glad they brought back the "full house" girl and i love that australian guys accent! the teen romance was really cute! i think they need to bring it back. we haven't had enough of summerland yet.
  • I miss Summerland being on tv!

I really loved Summerland that was a very good show and i wished it was still on tv because it was so awesome,i liked the show because its teens in theirsituations and them getting out of their issues and summerland describes what teens go through so thats what i liked the show and i just wished it was back on tv!
  • Summerland needs to come back to television. It was a great show about 4 friends who after an accident are forced raising 3 children.

Summerland was an amazing show about 4 friends who were forced into taking care of these 3 children that weren't theirs. None of them knew anything about raising kids. The chemistry between the cast was really good. The romantic chemistry between Ava (Lori Loughlin) & Johnny (Shawn Christian) is obvious to everyone except for them. The actors playing the kids Bradin (Jesse McCartney), Nikki (Kay Panabaker), and Derrick (Nick Benson) were all very good actors for their young ages. This show should come out of cancelation and pick up a few years after where the show left off. This show should either be picked up again or should show reruns of it.
  • Ava (Lori Loughlin, Full House ) was exactly where she wanted to be in life. In her thirties, with a close-knit circle of friends, a great house in a beautiful California beach town. that all changed as her sister and her husban were killed in a flood.

Ava (Lori Loughlin, Full House ) was exactly where she wanted to be in life. In her thirties, with a close-knit circle of friends, a great house in a beautiful California beach town and a growing career as a fashion designer, the last thing on her mind was settling down and starting a family. That all changed the day Ava's sister and brother-in-law were killed in an accident, leaving Ava to raise their three children. Until the accident, the biggest challenge in Ava's life was her career and the decision to quit her glamorous job at a large design house to start her own boutique designer label. Ava was comfortable with her role as the cool aunt who would occasionally drop in on her niece and nephews at their isolated Kansas farm or invite them to visit her in California, where they were dazzled by her exciting life. Despite the tragedy they've endured and the sudden transition from rural Kansas to the beaches of Southern California, the kids are doing pretty well. Sixteen-year-old Bradin (Jesse McCartney, All My Children ) has his own adolescent angst to deal with, but he does his best to help his younger siblings. Twelve-year-old Nikki (Kay Panabaker, The Brothers Garcia, Phil Of The Future ) has always adored her aunt but sometimes resents Ava's attempts to fill her late sister's shoes. Eight-year-old Derrick (Nick Benson, the upcoming feature film National Treasure ) has enough on his hands just trying to understand the big issues of life, death and family. It's a sense of family that Ava is determined to provide for her sister's children. Since college, Ava's main support system has been her three devoted friends – Johnny, Jay and Susanna. Now her friends are ready and willing to reach out and become the ultimate surrogate family, and Ava is about to discover that it really does take a village (or in this case, a hip beach community) to raise a child. Johnny (Shawn Christian, As the World Turns , "Shopgirl") is Ava's former boyfriend and they have remained very close. He's an ambitious real estate wheeler-dealer who has the nagging feeling he hasn't yet found his true purpose in life. At the moment, however, he's content to be there for Ava and her instant family, acting as the father figure the kids desperately need. A completely different kind of male role model, Ava's friend Jay (Ryan Kwanten, Home and Away ) is an Australian surfer with an undeniable Peter Pan syndrome. Jay owns the local surf shop, but he's no businessman. In fact, he's only looking for one thing in life – the perfect wave. Ava knows that Jay is still a kid at heart, and she asks for his help with Bradin, who instantly identifies with Jay's cheerfully laid-back philosophy of life. Jay also introduces Bradin to a stunning young surfing instructor named Erica (newcomer Taylor Cole). In Bradin's eyes, Erica embodies all that is beautiful and desirable about California. Ava's best girlfriend, Susanna (Merrin Dungey, Alias ) is also her partner in the new business venture. Susanna handles the business decisions, while Ava is the creative force. They've learned to rely on one another and trust each other completely. Susanna is the person Ava always turns to when she needs advice. Although Susanna has no more experience with children than Ava, she never questions her friend's decision to give the kids a real home. When it comes to parenting decisions, Susann's level-headed objectiveness is the perfect balance for Ava's more emotional viewpoint.

Nobody knows i watch this because they have to find out how kool Summerland and keep on watching!!

It has a great plot and is exiting. Thats all for now!! :)
  • It is a great show for me I love it, makes you wanna see more.

It is a great show for me I love it, makes you wanna see more. Overall this show is quite dramatic which is what I love and this was a very fun show should I say I just can help saying I love it, there is progress with the characters and I just love it in general.
  • Although I haven't seen many episodes, those that I have were pretty good.

The series follows three orphaned siblings who move in with their aunt in California from like Tenesee or Oregon or something and try to adjust with their lives changes. The youngest isn't really talked about as much except for with his baseball and stuff. The aunt, Lori Laughlin (from Full house, Becky) lives in a huge house for some reason with her college roommate and they're in the clothing business. She also lives with previous surf champion who ends up helping the eldest child, Brandon, in his newly found surfing skills. The eldest, Brandon, is Jessie McCartney, and is the surfer guy who doesn't care and has a gillion different girlfriends throughout the series. The middle child, Pam Baker (I think), deals with first boyfriends and middle school,etc.
  • AMAZING!!!

The Best show i have every seen! they are all such great actors! please bring it back! I was my favorite show! i miss it so much! Zac Efron is the BEST actor ever! Please find some way to bring this show back! Or at least put it out on DVD! It was such a good show! WHy was it cancelled in the first place? Who would ever want to cancell such a loved show? Please please please bring it back! My day is not complete with out it! I used to tape it and watch it every day! Every one of my friends and family watched it! I think everyone can agree on what a great show it was and can be!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7