Sunday Night Baseball Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ESPNIn Season

The End of an Era

[1]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 106

ESPN announced on Monday that Jon Miller and Joe Morgan will not be back with Sunday Night Baseball next season.

ESPN executive vice president Norby Williamson said "Over the last two decades, Joe went from Hall of Fame player to one of his sport's top analysts and Jon's Hall of Fame voice and tremendous knowledge of the game have connected with baseball fans everywhere. We owe them our deepest thanks for an outstanding body of work."

Ironically, Jon was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame this summer winning the Ford C. Frick Award.

ESPN didn't say who would take over. I'm guessing Orel Hershiser stays and Dan Shulman becomes the play-by-play man. That would be nice. Dan is a Canadian and was the voice of the Blue Jays (with Buck Martinez), although that was many years ago now. These days, 21 years is an amazing run. I've enjoyed their work immensely and wish them well. Jon gets to be the full time radio voice of the World Series Champion Giants!

Edited on 02/11/2011 11:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 51
    I'm late on this but this was definitely a shame. Miller and Morgan were my favorite duo in sports commentating and my favorite in the baseball broadcast booth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.