TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Sunset Beach Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

Wasted Characters

benmatt21

[1]Aug 22, 2005
    • level: 47
    Tim and Eddie have to be the most wasted use of 2 good characters on the show. Dax Griffin and Peter Barton were both good actors but were never given good storylines. Tim just moped around after Meg for 3 years whilst Eddie was killed off about half way through the show's run.

Other wasted characters include Casey who does not get a decent storyline until Meg's sister Sara joins the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ultron29

[2]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 7
    Tim was wasted and I didn't think much for his acting skills. I think Brad was an awfully wasted character as he didn't do much and was given such a hype because he was a model or something before coming onto the show. He was also the replacement for Mark, whom I really liked, and because of that I resent Brad!

dmarex

[3]Aug 29, 2005
    • level: 103
    Two more wasted characters were Tiffany & Rae. They both actually had good start, but ended up on the wrong side of the road. I just can't believe how much the writers screwed up their storylines.

ultron29

[4]Aug 30, 2005
    Especially Tiff, a character with SUCH potential, was ruined due to character adjustments...

benmatt21

[5]Aug 30, 2005
    Tiffany was never as good once Adrienne Franz left the part. I was never a fan of Rae there was no real screne chemistry with Casey so I was glad to see her go. It's a shame that Channel 5 aren't going to show the second year episodes as the introduction of Antonio, Sara and Carmen made the show so much better. At least we should get to see Jade Sheridan again before the show is taken off. Sandra Ferguson was brilliant in the part. She was also brilliant when she was on Another World which Sky One used to show before NBC cancelled the show around the same time as Sunset Beach.

ultron29

[6]Aug 31, 2005
    That's a shame. Do you know when exactly Jade is coming into it? How is she introduced again?

benmatt21

[7]Aug 31, 2005
    Jade was a friend of Cole's from Europe who was involved with him in his jewel thefts. From what I can remember they had some sort of past together too. Jade tries to cause conflict in Cole's relationship with Caitlin and Cole is none too pleased. I can remember seeing Jade in the Christmas episodes from 1997 so it cant be long before we see her on screen. When Jade was killed off in the Terror Island storyline (a big mistake by the writers) Sandra Ferguson returned to the role of Amanda on Another World immediately. Sunset Beach's loss was Another World's gain. Recently Sandra has joined the cast of General Hospital in the role of Felicia Jones.

ultron29

[8]Sep 7, 2005
    I think the mistake was realised and then it was enter Franchesca. Thanks a lot for the update!

benmatt21

[9]Sep 7, 2005
    Jade was a much more interesting character than Francessca. Sandra Ferguson also shared a better screen chemisty with Eddie Cibrian than the actress who played Francessca.

ultron29

[10]Sep 9, 2005
    I prefered Fran. maybe because she was there longer and is fresh in my memory. I'd like to see Jade again.

BIG NEWS!

Channel 5 are only showing 18 more episodes, which means SB will stop of 5 in the opening weeks of November. Will we see Jade then?

benmatt21

[11]Sep 9, 2005
    Jade should be arriving around that time. I forgot that Jack Wagner was on the show as Jacques until he showed up last week. He only appears in a few episodes though.

ultron29

[12]Sep 24, 2005
    He's excellent though and the episode he's on is clearly a classic one!!

micky90210

[13]Oct 23, 2005
    • level: 1
    Jack Wagner got on my nerves - he was terrible!

lovelylynda

[14]Nov 14, 2005
    My best waster character had to be Rose!!! I think after about a hundred epsodes of her miraculously producing tea she actually got a bit of a voice! And what about Mrs Moreau? The voodoo witchy woman who cast a magic potion to make Vanessa hideous looking. She really was "bad to da bone"!!!

sunfan

[15]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 3
    Loved Mrs Moreau, epecially when Amy had to give her the expensive doll collection that she had, so that she could pay for the potion she bought to trick Sean into bed with her. Enjoyed the way in which Mrs Moreau turned up her nose when she saw what Amy had brought as part exchange for payment.

ultron29

[16]Dec 30, 2005
    Lol that was funny. But I did like how they gave Mrs M. a concious. Was the woman living in her appartment the same woman that went to Vanessa to get help in getting away from her evil ex.

serggae

[18]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    EDDIE REALLY WAS A WASTED CHARACTER, THERE WAS NO POINT OF HIM NOTHING GOOD REALLY CAME OUT OF HIM BEING IN SUNSET BEACH, HE HAD NO GOOD STORYLINES HE MUST HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE MOST BORING AND IRITATING CHARATERS IN THE SHOW. OLIVIA IS THE MOST IRITATING FOR ME.

SBAngel5

[19]Oct 19, 2006
    I agree that Tim was an awfully wasted character, it became ridiculas,after over two years of Meg hating him he was still trying to get he back! a normal guy, and a guy who was such a womaniser as him wouldn't have hung on that long! it's unrealistic

dmarex

[20]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 103
    Eddie never had a good storyline. Tim didn't have much to do either (except in the end, and a little plotting with Annie at the beginning). Both Joan and Hank didn't do much either. Jimmy also didn't do much.