Sunset Beach

NBC (ended 1999)

Sunset Beach Fan Reviews (18)

7.9
  • SUNSET BEACH EPISODES

Been searching for a genuine, trustworthy Sunset Beach seller? look no further buy with complete confidence

all 755 episodes (containing high quality versions that are not available anywhere on the internet not even youtube) of the much loved Soap Opera Sunset Beach, all contained on a Samsung slim line portable hard drive.

Using this device is as easy as plugging it into your PC or Laptop and opening a folder. Say bye to DVDs that can be damaged and skip, now you can own the entire collection
  • Drama, murder and sex all happened on Sunset Beach and a bit of wierd stuff too but that happens on soaps right?

Sunset Beach was a great soap by the late Aaron Spelling. It had its wierd moments like Virginia using a turkey baster to impregnate Vanessa, and the whole baby switch gone wrong with Caitlin and Olivia, and the Rosario Jewels mystery where everyone was turning into mummies. It had good fight scenes especially with Meg and Annie and also the Annie and Olivia fights. And there were the flashbacks many of those and the imagination scenes of Annie dying many ways or being in hell with Del. My favorite episodes were the Meg and Ben scenes, the whole Terror Island story was awesome too and some of the Posiedon/Earthquake storyline was all right. Too bad the show never made it to the new millenium it had a lot of potential to be the best soap on TV better than Passions of course.
  • Sunset Beasch. 1 way to describe it Fantasy Drama. Over the top. Full of Flashbacks.

6.8
    Sunset Beach. A show based on a fictional Beach with over dramatic characters. The acting was so bad it was funny. I used to watch this because i used to find it really hilarious. To be honest I also liked the love story between Ben and Meg.That was it. Plus Ben's twin brother.
    This show went down really fast in my estimation. Too many Flashbacks, Too many Affairs, Too many Betrayals, Too many murders, daft storylines. I guess just glad the show is over. I can now understand why this show was cancelled too plain. The writing/script was also bad. Nothing made sense.
  • Now we are at Sunset Beach. This show was different from Santa Barbara. But then agian, this show was stupid. Clive Robertson played both Ben and Derek Evans. Derek killed the people on the beach and kidnapped Ben. Derek impersonated Ben in front of

2.8
    eveyrbody for weeks. The real Ben came up with a way to escape. He attacked Derek. Ben and Meg were re-united agian. In 1999, Derek returned and impersonated Ben agian. Derek survived a fall after he was defeated by Ben. Derek's reign of terror continued. An amnesiac woman, who once loved Ben, turned up on Sunset Beach. Her name was Maria. Maria and Tess had their first round, but Tess won. Derek kidnapped Maria, who came up with her own way of dealing with things. Her memory returned. As the show drew to a close, Tess and Maria had a re-match, and this time, Maria won and Tess lost. Maria beat the hell out of Tess. Ben killed Derek. Ben and Meg got married in the final episode of Sunset Beach, and they were in bed together at the end of the show.
  • An very old tv show!

This was the first ever proper TV show i watched.... may seem weird to some but it was! I can't remember it VERY well but I do remember enjoying it so much! And making sure I never missed an episode.... even when it was showing at 4am I would make sure I had set the tape recorder because there was no way I would miss an episode of it!

Why did it go? Apparently it was because it didn't get enough ratings... well if you show a program at 4am you're bound to get very few ratings so taht was totally unfair! It was a really unique piece of television and it brought so much to 'modern' day TV shows! I say BRING IT BACK!
  • This was my first soap opera. It wasn’t like the other soap operas, that’s why I miss it!

My favorite characters were of course Meg and Ben. They were written for each other so nicely. Meg, a girl from Kansas, goes to Sunset Beach to meet her online lover SB, who is actually Ben, after she finds out her fiancé, Tim, was sleeping around with her maid of honor. I know that online relationships sound strange in real life but Aaron Spelling made it work in this soap opera. This soap opera had it all, the evil twin, the supposedly dead wife, terror island, cave in, the hunk who slept with a alcoholic wife and her daughter and etc. Ben having an evil twin and having Maria coming back from the dead was too much but I will admit that I enjoyed it. Sunset Beach is better than Passions, but I guess it was too weird for it’s time.
  • A show as trashy as it was classy! From the late great Aaron Spelling this show lives in infany with a still strong cult fan base.

This show didn\\\'t just break the mould it demolished it. With the most outrageous storylines was an unlikely hit but through the strong will of its viewing audience kept us entertained for 3 years, 751 episodes. From the Richards to the Deschannels this show completely re-wrote daytime television. Sunset Beach first opened in kansas in the bedroom of a young Meg Cummings,we followed Meg in her search for her true love \\\"SB\\\". From there we went on into the lies and the lives of the residents of sunset beach. We witnessed a romance in Ben and Meg, a pregnancy triangle with Cole and Mother and Daughter Olivia and Caitlin.

From that we seen a community divided with not only an Earthquake but a Tsunami aswell. Half of the illusive cast found themselves stuck in a capside yatch (the poisedon adventure)while the others found themselves on land dealing with an Earthquake and its aftermath.

Just when things couldn\\\'t get any worse for the small costal community many of the cast found themselves trapped on a small desolate island being stalked by a serial killer. Who we then witness as being Ben Evans only to discover it was his EVIL twin.

In its run from Janurary 6 1997 until December 31 1999, we watched the residents go from riches to rags. We witnessed cursed jewels to jewel theifs. But amongst the outrageous storylines we found a strong willed show that will live in our hearts for alot longer than on our screens.
  • sunset beach it was the best soap opera i have ever seen but six months ago it got taken off tv i was furious know i know that theres know way i can watch it impossible i think the best character was gregory but i liked ben because he was very odd weird

sunset beach it was the best soap opera i have ever seen but six months ago it got taken off tv i was furious know i know that theres know way i can watch it impossible i think the best character was gregory but i liked ben because he was very odd weird as i said it was the best thing for me
  • The sun set too soon...

I was very young when I used to watch this show but I was pretty much ahead of my time, haha. My favorite character was Meg. I thought she was hott and I still think that Kelly Clarkson resembles her very much. I enjoyed the whole slasher island and the tsunami episodes- Very entertaining.Some of my other fav. characters were Antonio, Casey, Vanessa, Sean, & Ben. I used to think that Annie was sooo hilarious. My favorite quote from the show was Annie to Meg: \"You better click your heels and go back to Kansas, cuz Maria is alive.\" CLASSIC LINE!!!
  • sun, surf, sand and sad soapy sattires. this show was a must for me! bring it back!

this show was terrible, but it knew it was. the storylines were so random and to me it held all the elements that all the other soaps did and more. it was ridiculous.... a priest, sleepng with his brothers wife!? storylines literally running for months and the most obviously surgically altered cast that i had ever seen. it was beautiful;. when i heard it was to be cancelled i phoned peopl, i wrote letters and i cried; yes, im admitting it. this show turned me into a horrible person. i said no to parties and school work. i almost became a complete home-body with no social life, no friends and occasionally an adversion to natural light when id sit and watch the omnibus version in the dark, and you know what... i loved every friggin' minute of it!
  • HAHAHAHA! Okay, this was waaay better than "Days of our life" and definitly "The bold and the beautiful", BUT COM'ON PEOPLE! 10 points?!?!

Summary:

Review:
    Very, VERY fun to watch, but as all soaps: it sucked so hard.

I can't believe that people are actually giving this show a 10. Americans, americans, americans.

Ah, at least it helped to kill some boring hours.

50 words 50 words 50 words
  • its the best soap i have ever seen, i think if it was still on now it would be a big hit with teenagers cause it is pure brilliant and everyone would enjoy it.you will never get another soap like it there is so much action and drama.

its the best soap I have ever watched and if it was still on now I think it would be a big hit especially with teenagers cause its something I thing teenagers would like cause it has action,drama,crazyness,Meg and Ben,murders,people coming back from the dead and a lot more. If you can find a crazier soap tell me cause its imposable I think there should be a Sunset Beach movie made but we could get rid of Annie, no wouldn’t be the same it just wouldn’t be right. Meg and Ben could have a child and Annie would still be watching Meg making sure she is not hurting Ben, she would probably have Benjy hitting Meg or something . You could have a mystery thing on terror island, no I don’t think that’s a good idea. Anyway a Sunset Beach movie would be cool.
    no woman can risist ben evans and no man could risist meg cummings evans evans evans or mayby annie douglas
    i have just found that channel five has stopped showing sunny beach again im totaly p'd off with them....
  • I miss this so much! Why NBC, why?

Sunset Beach will always be my favorite soap. The storylines were great (Who Shot Francesca?, Earthquake etc.). The cast had excellent chemistry and it should have never been cancelled. It was cancelled for Passions, and Passions ratings are way worse than what Sunset Beach's used to be. I really hope SOAPnet picks up the rerun rights. I would love to rewatch it all over again.
  • They cheat, they lie, they plot, they kill, and they cry over broken love. And all the other wacky tuff that tha happened in this show.

I so loved this show when it aired, allthough i missed the first week, but manage to catch the final minutes of the 5th episode, where Del is killed, and after that I was hook. I mean really hooked. Nothing came between me and Sunset Beach, I could beg to my dad so I could watch if it was on when it was dinner.
  • i have never ever watch soaps before and i promise!! this is the only one that caught my attention!!! i felt really bad when the show was cancelled...

i have never ever watch soaps before and i promise!! this is the only one that caught my attention!!! i felt really bad when the show was cancelled... i miss the characters, especially ben & maria... it's not like the usual soap with cheaters and all that drama, but sunset beach had character, it's very unique.
  • Sunset Beach was a very good soap but for me Ben and Meg were not the reasons I watched, I preferred Ben and Maria this was the couple who kept me clued to the screen, plus I loved all the many characters, plots and sub plots on this soap.

5.3
    The beach town of Sunset Beach was filled with mystery and romance. We got to know the true beachers such as The Torres family, the Richards family, Derek Douglas, Annie Douglas, Aunt Bette, Amy, Brad, Eddie, etc.

We got to know and love Ben Evan's although not a true beacher (i.e. not born in SB) he was a long time resident and accepted as one.

We also got to know the Cummings family who came to SB from Kansas.

Put all these characters in the mix along with outrageous storylines;fantasies and flashbacks; and we got the show that we came to know and love as Sunset Beach.
  • In my young school years, this was my daily fix. All I can say is...what was I thinking?

5.2
    Sunset Beach is really not the thing I normally go for. For one thing, it's a soap, something I tend to frequently avoid.

Without being too cruel about the obvious bad acting, bad scripts and outrageous plots, this was something that got me through a rough day, and I could end up laughing at it if nothing else. I never took it too seriously.

It was significant to me many years ago, but since then I've grown and learnt to appreciate better TV...mostly. It was fun while it lasted, and I might check out an episode now for a laugh, but it's nowhere near good as what Spelling used to be able to do.
  • Sunset Beach is the most successful American daytime serial ever to be shown on British TV. The romance between Meg and Ben was a central plot throughout the shows entire run.

Sunset Beach stands out as the best American daytime drama ever made. Classic characters such as Annie Douglas and Aunt Bette made the show a hit with British viewers from day one. The romance between Ben and Meg was a story which started on day one and was finally concluded in the show's last episode when they married. The show was also the first American daytime drama to regually film on location rather than just in a studio giving the show a more prime time look. Other classic characters on the show included Oliva Richards and her daughter Caitlin who both slept with the same man and became pregnant. Caitlin would later marry the man who was named Cole. The show aired on Channel 5 in the United Kingdom and NBC in the United States and was shown for 3 years. Classic storylines have included Shockwave, when a massive tidal wave hit the beach with half the cast trapped in an upturned boat. Another classic storyline was Terror Island when several characters where trapped on an island with a murderer on the loose. Midway through the show's second year there were quite a few new characters introduced including Meg's sister Sara and Ricardo's brother Antonio. By the the time the last episode aired all the loose ends where tied up leaving the show with no cliff hanger. The show is currently being rerun on Channel 5 in the United Kingdom and is just as enjoyable watching the second time around.