Super Sentai Forums

Sunday 7:30 AM on TV AsahiIn Season

How much longer do you think the show can keep going?

Vergomax

[1]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 15

Alright, we are currently up to 33 sentai series right now and I'm pretty sure we all share the same question on our minds. After Shinkenger, how many more sentai series do you think there will be?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mb2000

[2]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 101
    As a fan and editor, I hope it'll last a very long time. Another 33 at least.

Realistically, outside of a massive drop off in viewers and/or toy sales, I doubt it'll ever end. And with Power Rangers seemingly coming to an end after this year, it might open up more options for the Sentai writers/producers, allowing them to go in directions they couldn't before due to it needing to be adaptable. I think we're seeing the start of that in Shinkenger, with the more overt Japanese cultural references/designs. I'm sure it'll keep going strong for a long while yet.

ollibot284

[3]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 9
    it'll go for 15 more years they'll keep going until they make the 50th sentai but power rangers will still have alot to adapt it's sad that they messed up dairanger and kakuranger

ChipsTheButler

[4]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 9
    mb2000 wrote:
    As a fan and editor, I hope it'll last a very long time. Another 33 at least.

Realistically, outside of a massive drop off in viewers and/or toy sales, I doubt it'll ever end. And with Power Rangers seemingly coming to an end after this year, it might open up more options for the Sentai writers/producers, allowing them to go in directions they couldn't before due to it needing to be adaptable. I think we're seeing the start of that in Shinkenger, with the more overt Japanese cultural references/designs. I'm sure it'll keep going strong for a long while yet.

Super Sentai has never been written in order to be "adaptable". Otherwise we wouldn't have had Carranger or Go Onger.