Best Villian of Superman the Animated Series

solgrifter

[21]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 31

I'd have to say Brainiac for the simple reason that he KEEPS COMMING BACK! He is by far the most resiliant of all his villians and doesn't hide behind a shroud like Luthor and fights a one front war unlike Darkseid who is almost afraid of getting spanked by Highfather. Don't get me wrong, Darksied is my favorite villian but the question here is who is his most formidable opponent.

agree or disagree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swtt

[22]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 18
    I would say either Lex Luthor or Brainiac.

DarkApoca

[23]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 9
    Brainiac is the best villian in Superman: TAS

Batfreak99

[24]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Brainiac
    Luthor
    Darkseid
    Toyman
    Parasite

sylent_asassin

[25]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 26
    1. Darkseid- Aside from beating up Supes a bunch of times, he brainwashed him and turned him loose to conquer Earth. Darkseid was the only villain that Superman was willing to kill.

2. Lex Luthor - for obvious reasons

3. Doomsday - Supes tried to lobotomize him in "The Doomsday Sanction" just so he would let go of his neck. Physically, he's stronger than Supes and was trained specifically to hate him. That kind of rage always makes for a dangerous adversary.

4. Jax-Ur & Mala- They had such potential, but they were sucked into a Black hole.

white_roses_975

[26]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    aww come on guys u G2 pick luthor!!!!!

green_arrow92

[27]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 20
    Bizzaro and Lobo

Carycomic

[28]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 13
    Darkseid of Apokolips. Hands down/bar none!

RHam_01

[29]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    I would say Darkseid.. followed closely by Brainiac

realakuma75

[30]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    Mine would be Darkseid. Although this series shows an amazing portrayal of many of Superman´s rogues, Luthor over all of them, the permanent menace of an invasion from Apokolips gave this series the thrill it needed. All Kirby creations are a great contribution to the DC Universe, and this series is a homage to his excellent work.

Daxx00004

[31]Mar 19, 2007
    ChrisSalamon wrote:
    My favorite villian is Parasite I think his powers are cool and he seems to have a really cool personality, like choosing to help out if he can have cable. Plus he gave superman a good run for his money.

Gotta love LL, but Brainiac and Parasite are fun to watch.

Lordofsith55

[32]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 8

ToniMontana804 wrote:
    What about Metallo? He's sort of immortal and can never die.

Unless his body gets crushed like in the first terminator movie.

faCt24

[33]Mar 30, 2007
    kenneth_velez wrote:
    Even though he is more a nuciance than a villian, I would have to say Myx. He got Superman's goose worse than Batman did to the Joker on "Mad Love"

agree. he was fun to watch tease and annoy superman/clark kent.

JLU51306

[34]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    ChrisSalamon wrote:
    My favorite villian is Parasite I think his powers are cool and he seems to have a really cool personality, like choosing to help out if he can have cable. Plus he gave superman a good run for his money.

Parasite is my favorite villian too, and plus if Jimmy Olsen wouldn't of found Superman than there wouldn't be a superman protecting the city, instead, Parasite would have been destroying the city and that would make him a one of the best villians in the Superman TAS.

Daxx00004

[35]May 4, 2007
    ChrisSalamon wrote:

You know it is tough to choose. Gotta love Lex. He is Superman's Arch Nemesis of course. Parasite is a favorite of mine. He has such an attitude. I love Brainiac in all his many versions, not sure why I just think he is really cool. I have not actually seen an episode with Darkseid or Doomsday but I have heard so much about them I should really check the ep guide and add those to my queue. I just need to figure out which disc numbers they are on. Although my husband has placed a temporary moratorium on superhero TV, he's a little burned out by it.

Ricza

[36]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 3

Definitely Darkseid. There were so many factors that came together that made him the best villain of the series. First was his brief but ominous introduction in the first season which was a sign of much greater and more epic scale things to come. Basically, it gave S:TAS a story arc thread which kept me hooked.

Second was just the fact that he was used sparingly but so effectively. He showed up in probably just eight or nine episodes but the writers made every appearance count and it certainly didn't hurt that he was the major villain in some of the show's greatest episodes. From Apokolips...Now! on we knew that an episode with Darkseid would likely have major personal consequences for Superman, whether it was the invasions of Earth, the murder of Dan Turpin, or brainwashing Superman himself into his personal lackey. His actions essentially paved the way for one of the DCAU's most compelling story arcs (the Cadmus arc).

And third is just the way he was portrayed, that being an evil, seemingly omnipotent being with a galactic-sized empire. The voice acting by Michael Ironside was absolutely fantastic and it helped that he was generally given some of the most memorable dialogue. That said, this show was full of great villains. Coming in fairly close behind IMO are Brainiac and Lex Luthor (who would rank higher if it weren't for the fact that I thought he was used far too often both here and in Justice League).

mobbs456

[37]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 16

I think Metallo - he had strength and that Kryptonite Heart. He always gave Superman (and Supergirl in Justice League) a run for he's money everytime they met.

also - Malcom McDowell voicing him - need i say more (he is BRILLIANT!)

theportal

[38]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 26
    I was never a big fan of Supermans' enemies (in fact, when I saw this thread, the first villain that came to mind was Sinestro!), but I've seen how awesome they can be over the course of the DCAU.

My personal favourite is Brainiac. Best design, voice, origin etc. for him EVER. He had an instant impact on me, whereas I'm afraid Darkseid didn't. Darkseids' coolness is something that grows on you gradually, after seeing him in action a few times.

Runner up would have to be Parasite ("Feeding Time" and "Two's a Crowd" are two of my favourite solo Superman stories). Luthor and Darkseid can get boring (there, I said it!) but those two never do.

Enthropii

[39]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 23
    I don't find Superman villains all that great, but I've always like Doomsday and Darkseid. In the series i'd day Darkside owns. My second fave bad guy in the series is actually Joker...

solgrifter

[40]Nov 8, 2007

Drilllbit666 wrote:
    I like Metallo, but you pretty much gotta give this one to either Darkseid or Luthor. Luthor because he's definitely Supes' most annoying villain (like that blasted three-yer-old brother who always gets out of trouble but you can't beat him up yet because he's only three years old, same with Luthor, Supes only hit him once in the series). Darkseid because he knows how to get under Supes' skin both physically, mentally and emotionally. Darkseid makes everything personal, just like the Joker does with Bats (crippling Barbara, trying to drive Gordon insane, killing Jason Todd, manipulating Nightwing into killing him, then coming back to start trouble again). It's the same with Darkseid (making Supes betray his adopted planet, killing the man he respected and probably admired, taking control of him, constantly going out of his way to single Supes and Earth out for battle). I just wish we could have seen Metallo become that big monster-robot thing he is in the comics

...Yeah, what he said.